• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Attack on Titan IC

Kypher Hawthorne
3be960aa05e5858cc83a4add04ab4c83--red-eyes-anime-anime-boy-black-hair-red-eyes.jpg

Kypher drew his arms by his side out of the salute he'd been making, but he didn't seem to particularly relax in any way. His body was as tense and as rigid as before, for whatever reason.

"Motivation is a subjective word, sir. I have goals and I have instinctive urges." He glanced over at the approaching people as they came, but decided to ignore them for now. He was in the middle of something with Captain Cray right now which may or may not determine where he would be going in his life from this point onward. Kypher had to make sure his choice would be the right one.

"Sir, I aspire to be a captain in terms of a career. However that isn't my only goal. My brother was a part of the scouting regiment..." As he was speaking, Kypher glanced over to where Leanna was conversing with the kid that had had that annoying outburst. Did he really have to be so loud with his emotional tantrum? Without realising it, he had developed a scowl already, which he shaked off as he returned his attention back to Cray.

"My brother was reported to have been killed in action on a mission. However I do not believe that that is all there is to it." His neck was slightly stiff from the training, so he rubbed unconsciously, "I am a cynical person, but even my father had to admit that his disappearance was somewhat off. His body was never recovered and no one will speak of how he died, nor a single possession of his was found. The team he had been sent with were apparently completely unharmed and refused to discuss what had happened that day. Even the mission details are classified."

Kypher then leaned in close, his voice a ragged sharp whisper as his eyes gazed up into the captain's with wary determination, "I believe someone has killed my brother, someone from within the walls, sir." He leaned out, rolling his shoulders to loosen them up.

"So if I had to answer what my motivation is in a single word, it would be: revenge. Someone must pay for what they did to my brother, even if it was just a titan accident, then those large 'scum of the earth' will all pay too. I will find out what happened that day, I will learn the truth. And may the walls help whoever stands in my way. Sir." He spoke this last part in an undertone, an untold fiery determination now evident in his controlled voice, uptight and seething now that he had worked himself up about it. Just thinking about those who had betrayed his brother got his blood boiling. He would make sure they suffered an appropriate end, or by the walls would he ensure his own death.

He eventually sighed as he calmed himself down, stretching his neck to the side for a moment, "I won't lie to you, I was thinking of joining the Garrison so that I could glean some information as to the mission details, find some hidden documents that might tell me what the hell happened that day." Kypher then made a dismissive hand gesture as a thought occurred to him, "Oh, and I fully intent to otherwise fulfill my duties to the people of Humanity as a part of the military. This is not just a means to an end. For example, my aspirations for a promotion."

The cadet then glanced about him at the other students, surveying them. A lot wanted to join the survey corps. Disillusions of grandeur and misplaced honour, glory in death and power in blood. They trained to kill and they trained to be killed, that was all the lives of humanity had been for the last century or so. It was rare to find someone with an actual goal in mind, like himself. Motivation. Hah! None of these fools were motivated. They were fooled into thinking they served humanity. It granted wealth, standing, a sense of self-fulfillment. It also granted a very sudden and very gruesome end. His brother often told him just how many deaths occurred each mission, the percentage was usually higher than 50%.

"I am considering the Garrison, but I am also considering the Survey Corps. I could interrogate those that were there myself, perhaps find files privy to only the scouts, I could even visit the place my brother was last seen." A note of desperation entered his voice for a second, but he caught himself, "Sir. I need to know if I would be able to access the information I need at any point should I join the Garrison. Even if it takes me most of my life... is there a hope in hell?" A mistrustful look was sent at Captain Cray, a look of doubt, cynicism and... and hope. Cray's answer today may not end up guaranteeing Kypher to join the Garrison, but it would certainly help him make his decision. And any help he get, although begrudgingly, was more than welcome.

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Pia Schneider

Splinters soared through the air violently as her blades sliced the neck of her wooden target. Pieces of wood chunks slammed against her face as she shot her grappling hooks towards the last bit of the course. Sweat covered her body, leaves and twigs decorating her head while dirt and wood shavings clung to her uniform. Pia panted heavily as she forced herself forwards lagging behind the rest of the cadets. She prided herself on her stamina but this was nothing like working in the wheat fields with her uncle. No, wheat didn't suddenly pop out of no where and surprised you nor were there a bunch of other folks trying to cut it down before you did. Cutting wheat was simple, tiring but simple. Chopping wooden necks covered in an even thicker exterior was an entirely different feeling. Pia bit her lower lip as she made her way to her final titan. Shooting her hook towards a thick tree, she choked on the smell of gas that blew in her face and distorted her vision. Coughing furiously, she wasn't aware of the surprise cut out that had been waiting in front of her. Squinting through smoke filled eyes she noticed it all too late. She slammed face first into it, the forest echoing the sound of her face to board as if too mock her. In pain, she fell backwards, her body sliding beneath the board and into the tree she had originally plan to step on. Another thump and her face was met with a new invader, ants and tree bark.

Snickers could be heard from both the front and back as Pia removed her face from the tree, blood dripping from her nose along with a few new scratches that hadn't been there before. The blonde gritted her teeth while wiping away the blood from her face, not allowing herself to cry. It only hurt for the moment. Cry now and you admit defeat but suck it up and you evade it. Leaning her back on the tree, Pia took a deep breath, the blood still draining from her bruised and slightly crooked nose. Time shouldn't be wasted on crying, but finishing the task at hand. That's what her uncle would say and that's exactly what she'd do. Lifting herself up yet again, she regain focus and shot her grappling hooks, the handles of her blades resting tightly in her grip. Even after hurting herself she kept hold of her blades. Thrusting forward, Pia made her way to the final cut out and slashed it in its nape, her swords cutting a little less than necessary to actually kill a titan. Making her way to the finish, she was greeted with insensitive stares and rude giggles. The blonde released the blades from their handles, dropping one vertically, directly near one of the laughing cadets foot. Even a dull blade can pierce a boot. The boy stopped mid chuckle as he jumped back to avoid having his foot stabbed, a bloodied Pia apologizing by flipping him off. He sang her a sea of curse words but by the time they reached her, she was already on the path to the base.

As she kept her composure despite the dirt filled blood that slid down her nose. Pia kept a straight face as if she was completely fine, walking with her hands uniformly placed at her sides like she was in a line. In all actuality, everything hurt. Her body that was pulled tree to tree without a care for her small frame, her face that had met with wood on two separate occasions screamed in agony, her hands that were covered in blisters from holding her swords now ached by her side. She took a slight turn into the forest, hiding behind a large tree. Suddenly, she kicked it repeatedly tearing the bark away from it's surface.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!" she growled ferociously as she continued her assault of the tree. She was pissed, enraged at her failure in today's training regiment.

All she had to do was cut the damn thing! So what if it wasn't wheat, what was she expecting to fight? Grass giants? These were freaking wood cut-outs and she still failed. Pia could keep her balance when it came to standing in her gear, she could maintain her composure during the most stressful periods of the training, Hell! She could even fight with the best of them when it came to hand to hand combat, but why was moving with them so damn difficult? She had always found herself failing to use the gear appropriately during live training. At first it ruined her appetite, causing her to vomit and feel nauseated after use. It took some time, but she got over it gradually. However, even after the nausea and vomiting went away, her body became incredibly sore as if she was being flung through the air by a catapult. Annoyed, she could feel the tears begin to fill her eyes. Placing a bloody sleeve over it, she ordered herself not to let a single tear touch her arm let alone leave her eye. Crying only meant defeat and Pia was a long way from it. A few minutes of soft breathing and she returned to her regular self. Heading back to the path, Pia hadn't even noticed that her noise had stopped bleeding, trails of dry blood staining her lips with a singular line of red.

A couple of minutes of walking and she made it only to find that everyone had already completed the obstacle course. Everyone of the cadets present, Pia being the last one to arrive despite not being the last to finish. It was fine. She completed the task at hand. Entering camp, she noticed a few big wigs already standing about talking to cadets. Golden eyes watched as she took notice of two men, one an honorary member of the Garrison while the other a Cadet, like herself. Unlike her though, he seemed to be a prime candidate to reach the top 10 of their cadet corp. She found it quite impressing, but his overall brooding attitude made him a bit unlikable. No matter how unlikable he may have been, he was in the seat she needed to occupy or she could kiss her dream of being a MP goodbye. Then again, had it been a dream at all? Walking past, she couldn't help but slow down her pace as she watched the two conversate. Pia wasn't one to be nosy, but the talk of potential military branch selection caught her attention. Her paced slowed down to a waddle until she eventually stopped walking all together. Pia secret snooping had become quite obvious as she stared directly at the boy with the big mouth. She kept her usual blank expression, but her eyes told a completely different story. What did he just say.

Kloudy Kloudy & Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Last edited:

Aella Han & Katsuki Shirogane
Lady Crimson & Danger

integra_by_cairisti.jpg

66110864-352-k156690.jpg

The woman of gold locks laughed, a slow and deep rumble that reverberated throughout the space for only a moment before it ceased to exist. "My apologies, Captain" she mocked. "But I was simply doing my job with upgrading Titan combat simulations when I happened to be overhear something that I figured I could be of use to put someone back in place again. Because I'm so good, I don't have to look. The spots just come right to me."

She laughed again.
"What was your name, again?" Aella asked,growing more serious. "It was Kai, was it not?" The captain looked over to the elder Garrison soldier that was her extremely abnoxious friend.

Katsuki nodded ever so slightly, the forward movement of his head so minuscule that one would only notice it if they were anticipating some sort of movement. "Yes, Captain Han. I do believe his name is Kai Takeshi, if I do remember correctly."

Giving a nod of her own, Aella looked over to Kay. Her hard eyes stared him down, cold and unyielding.
"Good, I was correct. Now, Kai. As a near-graduate of your training regiment, it is a given that you have been here for three years. You are not new, meaning I can say this to you with a clear conscience."

The blonde looked straight at him, her eyes locking on his own from behind the spectacles that she adorned on her face.
"If you ever, and I mean ever, cause an outburst like this again. If you dare raise your voice at an officer-especially one that ultimately helps decide your fate- I will see to it that your punishment be much worse than simply cleaning or running laps. Do you understand me, cadet?"

Aella held her chin lowered, crossing her arms and giving the soldier a death glare strong enough to kill. Aella was rarely ever lenient when it came to soldiers and their behaviors, unless specific orders from Commander Hange were given. In fact, the woman was often referred to as one of the hardest captains a soldier could ever have. When she assisted with training, she ran the cadets as hard as she could, simulating the energy lost should they find theirselves locked in a real battle with Titans.

She was very strict with discipline, and was not afraid to show it. Minor offenses earned cleaning duty, and more serious offenses called for no rations for the remainder of the day and up to 200 laps around the training field.And that specific soldier would still be expected to complete full training exercises the following day.

"I agree, Leanna. I'll take care of that right away."

"Oh, and also, Kai?"
She hummed. "Do not ever insinuate that we consult you for punishment. We do not need your permission. You gave it to us the day you joined the military."

With that, the woman jumped down from the tree, landing gracefully on her feet, going into a squat of sorts when she did, as she did not need to employ her 3DMG. As her waves of golden hair settled, she stood back up and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"
ALL CADETS!" She called loudly for everyone to hear. "FALL BACK INTO YOUR BARRACKS! REPAIR YOUR GEAR AND REPORT TO THE MESS HALL AS NORMAL!"

She heard a new voice in the trees above her, low and mumbling. Someone was hiding something, or at the very least trying.

Looking up, she noted that a new soldier had appeared. This would be Pat, arriving where she had been only a minute ago, beside Kai.
"Everyone except you! Soldier, report to ground level immediately and explain yourself!"

Her face was hard, and Katsuki could see this from where he now stood beside Alex. "Sir, if I may" he said, glancing down at the other male from where he stood at his towering height. "Who's idea, if I may ask, was it to invite Aella?"

He caught himself immediately. "Not" he said quickly, amending the mistake of his slipping tongue. "Not that I am speaking dishonorably of the captain. No, she is a very close friend of mine, and a very talented soldier with the gift of a brilliant mind like the commander's. But, she's a bit unnerving. Do you or Commander-in-chief not worry that she will frighten the cadets?"

He furrowed his brows, humming as he continued in his musings to his superior. "Though, maybe this is what they need. A firsthand experience of what they will eventually become. Aella is the youngest of the captains, the most recent if you to complete your training. However, she has become one of the most hardened from where she started as a noble in wall Sheena. She relates to them most. Are my presumptions correct, Captain Cray?"

Players

MENTIONED:

Midrick Midrick
Gohan510 Gohan510 Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

OTHERS: SerenityAngel SerenityAngel
Bum Bear Bum Bear
Kloudy Kloudy
Field Marshall Field Marshall

Last edited:
Oh shit. Was the first thing that crossed Pat's mind when he heard Han, rumored one of the hardest captains in the scouts call him out. If he was groggy she had snapped him out of it. "Yes, ma'am." he said, louder than when he had been talking to Kai. He jumped down to face the captain and snapped a crisp salute. "I was asking cadet Kai what I had missed ma'am" Pat for ounce was unfazed by the captain, if the the rumours were true he would have to pick his words and tone extremely carefully, one wrong move and he would be in deep shit. Pat hid the fact that something had suprised him and kept his face expressionless. He would hold the salute until he was ordered to stand at ease. One thing Pat had learned was to go unnoticed by instructors, he had seen "special attention" given to cadets and knew that if an instructor took a dislike to you, you were pretty much ruined. Pat had never given the instructors and trainers a reason to notice him, so he had ample reason to be unerved.

SavingStar SavingStar

Kai Takeshi
"I don't know not much really." He responded to Pat before he got yelled at. "Screw you..." Kai said looking at Han's with an annoyed voice as the man clearly tried to talk down to Kai. "I'll kill you if you talk to me like that again! I already apologized for the shit I pulled I don't need another to come try to drag me down lower to the depths of hell. Bring any punishment you like I won't change the person I am standing before you." Kai said spitting by Han's feet. "I train everyday for my own dream not your stupid system to try and put me in fear because of some measly punishment.
Sarah Inoue
"Kai please... You're going to get in trouble."
Kai Takeshi
"Nah screw this person. The wings I aim for aren't the same wings everyone who look at them aim for. I have a further dream and being disrespected by the likes of you. I don't care what rank you are." Kai had anger in his eyes fueled with rage as he did not know anything about this Han's. "I'm done." Kai said stepping away from Sarah and using his 3D gear to go off from the scene.
Sarah Inoue
Bowing before her noble addessecers. "I am truly sorry he hasn't been himself lately something's blocking his train of thought I will take my leave now and try to resolve his issue. Any punishment he gets let me split it with him please!" She said before heading off after Kai.
Midrick Midrick SavingStar SavingStar (Sorry I was not expecting to get mentioned so much lol.)

Sora inserted the fans to increase propulsion, it was good chance considering gas usage depends a lot on the soldier. It's just some soldiers have a hard time letting go on the trigger and use too much gas which is why he asks about these things. As long as she is aware of how long and how hard she pulls the trigger it should be fine. His gear is the same way rigged for increase prolusion. Sora replaced the covers over the cylinders after oiling the fans. He made sure it was sealed tight and correctly before moving onto the wires problem. This would invovle removing the wires from the gear.

Sora got up and grabbed a bunch of replacement wires from one of his bins. These were fresh wries without worn out coverings. He also grabbed new anchors just in case this was an anchor problem. Sora made sure to check with Serenity. "Do you think it may have something to do with you're anchors. If they are worn they can find themselves difficult to remove from objects and difficult coming out of the gear. Is it slow initially or is it slow then entire when firing and reeling in your wires? Is it slow when you're moving along the wire?" Sora asked. He didn't want to take out the entire wire coil if he didn't have to.

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Well thats it im going to go murder that Kai dude after I get the mother of all punishments from Han. Plus the fact he called Han a man. One single bead of sweat formed on Pat's forehead as he awaited the worst ass chewing of his life. he was a mixed bag of emotions when it came to the last 5 seconds that just transpired, one he was shocked that a cadet talked to a capitan that way, two was respect Kai and the size of his stones for talking to a captain like that, and three anger because Kai just ruined his chance of escaping unpunished. To his credit though Pat held the salute even when the color drained from his face.

Pat also watched his entire plan for his success in the military destroyed in the span of 5 seconds. He wondered how it was going to be working as a cleaning lady for the rest of his life and taking shit from every garisson soldier in the kingdom. He also noticed how time seemed to slow down after Kai ruined his life, it seemed like an eternity waiting for the captains response. The one thought that kept crossing his mind was why the world, god or hell even the walls decided to deny him what he wanted most now when it was so close. Well whats done is done Was the solemn truth that he knew was going to ruin him so he waited until the captain dropped the hammer, enjoying his last moments of happiness in life.

Last edited:

Keith Shadis, Leanna Minako, Alex Cray, Preston Tokana

Leanna listened to the Boys anger. She was not surprised by his actions, nor was she was upset with them. She watched as a female soldier had come to his side, trying to calm the upset boy. When the male soldier finally calmed down and apologized Leanna looked away, off into the distance. She let out a soft, subtle sigh thought for awhile then began to speak. She should punish him, something like this wasn't something she would just push aside and pretend didn't happen, but she didn't feel like filling out paperwork today, plus she was feeling a bit generous. "I see no need for punishment... This time..." If Captain Cray Or Captain Tokana would have heard her right now, they'd wonder who was speaking. She definitely didn't sound like herself. Any other time she'd make someone run laps till their legs were about to fall off. Clean the rooms to her standards, which was almost as high as Captain Levi's standards of cleanliness. It was possible that Captain Han would even question her on this decision, in fact, Leanna almost expected her to since they had worked together more than a few times. "Consider yourself lucky that I'm in a generous mood today." Leanna paused readying her gear as if she was getting ready to take off. "That and the fact that I already have a mountain of paperwork to complete." She muttered under her breath, almost as if she didn't mean to say that part out loud.

To her surprise, Captain Han must have also been feeling generous. Not giving the boy any orders or punishments. Maybe they were going soft? Leanna let out a soft sigh, no, it wasn't anything like that. She swayed her head side to side the perked up as Aella spoke again calling everyone to the mess hall, it was at that time, wasn't it? She had lost track of time so many times today it was making her paranoid, but she wouldn't show it. "I'll meet you over there Captain Han." Leanna spoke quickly, but she paused as the boy spoke up once again. She stood firm once again. She was willing to let the first outbursts go, but not this.

She watched as the boy left. "I'll deal with him" Leanna's voice seemed darker than usual as she spoke and readied herself to follow the cadet. "I'll meet up with you later Captain Han." And with that, she jumped from the branch to follow the cadet.

"Instinctive urges, huh?" Alex seemed curious of the word choice as he Listened to Kypher speak. "A captain?" This made Alex smirk, he loved hearing of soldiers that set actual goals for themselves, knowing where they wanted to be in life. Maybe it was because it was something so little people did now of days, or maybe it was because it was something he had never done himself. Alex's smirk faded as the cadet brought up his brother. The story about the young soldier's brother sounded so familiar, but nothing seemed to be clicking together in his mind. Could it have been something his soldiers told him or was it something he just heard about while he was wandering the streets? There were many stories of death's in the Survey Corps, whether they were eaten, killed, or MIA. But Captain Cray couldn't remember a time that another soldier had killed a team member. Of course, that wasn't to say it didn't happen, it just wasn't written on paper as such.

"Classified Paperwork. Hmm." Captain Cray began to gently tap his foot as he thought about the best response to this situation. He had not expected this to be so complicated. Any highly respected Captain could get into classified files with the right permissions, though it could take some serious persuading for the more well hidden or secret files. Of course, there's also the problem of a division personal files and records, those would cause some trouble if they didn't have a solid reason for snooping around in those. After some thought, Captain Cray sighed, putting his hand on his side in a relaxed manner. "I'm gonna give it straight to ya kid." He started off looking at Kypher with a stern look. "Any Captain with enough respect and knowledge could possibly get their hands on those files you're looking for. It may take some time and hard work, but you could get there. Of course, you'd still need to suck up to the higher ups to obtain the necessary permissions. Putting it bluntly, you'll need to kiss some ass to get the okay to view those files and records." Alex paused taking a deep breath before continuing. "If you do go into the Survey Corps," Alex again paused, he hated talking about the other military divisions, it never felt like his place. "Well, if you go into any division expect to interrogate someone, if the division's higher-ups found out, or even somehow heard that you're harassing the other soldiers for classified information. You could be sentenced to treason. And as you know, Those convicted of treason..." Alex sighed once again, that was another thing he hated bringing up, people dying for things other than Titans. He hated thinking that the higher-ups would rather kill a man or woman. He hated people who committed treason, but many who did commit the sin he also believes doesn't have to die. The soldiers who run from battle, the people who want information. "I can't promise that you will retrieve the information you desire. But, I can promise that I will stand beside you and will do my best to help you on your journey to retrieve it."

After speaking, Alex's attention was brought to Katsuki. He gave him a warm, welcoming smile as the soldier asked his question. Alex almost seemed puzzled for a second. "
Hmm..." He began to think. "I believe it was Preston. He was the one who sent out the invites for the cadet meeting today." Alex gave a soft sigh, he understood the soldier's concerns. "Trust me I understand, and truthfully I'm surprised that He invited Captain Han and Captain Minako, one of them would be enough to scare most of the soldiers away from joining the Survey Corps. But both, makes you wonder what goes on when Preston plans out events." Alex watched as the cadets made their way to the mess hall. "Who knows, maybe it's all part of Preston's grand plan, and maybe everyone needs some sense scared into them." Alex gave a soft chuckle.

Preston and Keith had landed on a branch not too far away and it didn't take long for them to strike up a conversation about how each other were doing. How each of them were handing the new titan situations and the day to day life hassle or dealing with soldiers, new and old. They spoke as if they knew each other for years, though it had only been possible a few months, Captain Cray And Captain Minako had known Instructor Keith longer than Preston, but Preston had his ways to get close to others fairly easily. After some small talk, Keith had begun showing Preston around the training facility, showing the dorms. the dining hall, and everything in between. "This facility is much like the one I spent three years training on." Preston smiled at the thought of his training years. "I guess It really wasn't all that long ago though." He chuckled, letting out a sigh as they looked out from large a large tree on the edge of a clearing, showing a good view of where the soldiers spent most of their 'free' time, along with a view of where most of the soldiers. As Preston was looking over the area, something caught his eye. "Who's the soldier down there?" Preston looked at the girl who was covered with bruises and cuts standing not too far from where they were now.

Keith looked over toward where Preston was looking. His smirk disappearing he let out a soft sigh. "That would be Pia Schneider" Keith didn't even have to look at the paper work to recognize the young lady.

"What's her scoring look like so far?" Preston sounded curious as he spoke. He came a bit closer to Keith, looking at the paperwork he held as Keith flipped through the paperwork to find her score chart. "Lacking... decent at best. Hmmm." Preston seemed unimpressed, he was about to push the stack of papers away when he noticed something. "She has decent hand-to-hand." His lips curved into a small smile on the ends as he read over her file a bit more.

"Yeah, too bad it's unlikely she'd make the top ten in this class. She's very determined" Keith sighed as he looked down at the wounded girl once again, he was surprised she had made it this far. He was sure she would have dropped out the first week or so, but she was still here.

"Yeah.." Preston seemed to get lost in thought. "That's too bad." Preston sighed, 98% of the work they did or trouble they had to deal with was hand-to-hand combat. Bringing down thieves and another sort of troublemakers that decided it was best to cause a scene. Especially since they needed to obtain special permission to use their vertical maneuvering equipment, her flaws wouldn't have much of an impact on her life if she did get into the Military Brigade.

"What do you got planned Captain Tokana?" Keith raised an eyebrow as he looked back over at Preston, questioning him. Keith knew all too well of Preston's ability to pull strings to his favor, and he never really approved of it.

"Oh, nothing, nothing," Preston smirked as he let out a soft sigh. Preston knew all too well that there was more than one way to get into the Military Brigade, all he had to do was pull the right strings, say the correct words, possibly change a score. Nothing too large.

Leanna interacting with ----> Gohan510 Gohan510 & SavingStar SavingStar
Alex interacting with ----> Kloudy Kloudy
Keith & Preston mentioned ----> Bum Bear Bum Bear

Last edited:

Aella Han & Katsuki Shirogane
Lady Crimson & Danger

integra_by_cairisti.jpg

66110864-352-k156690.jpg

"Perhaps you are correct, Captain Cray" the ravenette Male said, voice smooth. Watching Aella jump from the tree and land gracefully, he gave a sideways smirk and a curt laugh.

By this point, Aella was very much regretting the decision of going easy on the cadet that had just dared tried to spit on her. She refrained from true punishment as the threat of the choosing ceremony loomed over them, and the Survey Corps in specific. They needed the numbers, that much she knew. And she'd be damned if they lost soldiers because they were afraid of her.

But this was it. As she waited for Pat's arrival before her, she felt the need to resist striking the Vader and making his life a living hell. However, Katsuki, who was now silent and standing next to Alex, noticed this and came to Kai's rescue.

Putting a firm hand on Aella's shoulder, he held her where she stood, though not making it obvious that he needed to.

Turning her head, Aella shared a glance with Katsuki. The two stared into each other's eyes, their minds seemingly connected if the nod Aella gave was anything to go by.

"Thank you, Leanna. It may be in his best interests if you were responsible for the punishment he will be receiving. For it it was me... I am afraid none of us would like it." She called to the other female captain.

"However" she followed up a moment later. "I will be assisting in training tomorrow, Keith, should the commander not require anything if me. I request that Cadet Takashi be my sparring partner." A wicked smirk came to rest upon her features.

Katsuki visibly winced as he released Aella's shoulder. With a nod, he went back over to his own commanding officer from his own branch.
"That kid is dead. Aella will annihilate him if she is still mad tomorrow."

And everyone knew it. You see, Aella was-and still is-a very gifted soldier. Despite having come from where she did, she received top grades in every subject, ESPECIALLY hand-to-hand combat. In fact, she had finished within the top 10 in her training group. At first place, Aella was a prime candidate for the military police. Yet she passed it on for the survey corps. And she did not regret the choice one bit.

Aella, in the mean time, turned to focus back on Pat. With a sigh, she took off her glasses and put them in her pocket. (She wore contacts and glasses at the same time, in case something were to happen.)

"What is your name, cadet? Pat, if I am correct?" She hummed slightly.

She put a hand up, one finger extended towards the sky in a gesture of stopping him from speaking. "That does not matter right now. What does matter, however, is your attendance today. You are extremely late. Would you mind explaining as to why this has happened?"

Surprisingly, her voice was calmer than usual. Her aura had visibly relaxed. She seemed, well, kind. It was a rare occurrence, but it happened. If the captain had never had a problem with you before-or if you didn't give her a reason to hate her- she could be very caring and friendly.

She gave a slight smile, tilting her head to the left slightly.
"As it stands, you are not in as much trouble as you would have been if you have caused me a problem before. You will be cleaning the stables at a later date, and running extra laps, but it beats what I had in mind for the other cadet. No pun intended."

As this occurred, Katsuki was busy watching the Survey Corps captain, or-one of them. He had a smile on his lips, eyes closed. He was staring at the captain with a dangerous look in his eyes, as if he were staring her down.

"Not much has changed since we were children" he found himself saying without realizing until he was in the middle of his speech. "She is still the same young woman I grew up with. Strong and stubborn. Although, I will say that her age is treating her well. She's what now, 22? She looks...amazing. Just like she was when we came from the Int-" he cut himself off. He didn't want anyone to know that Aella was once of noble standing, out of respect for her. Although, he was sure that some knew already. But he was not sure, so he did not say anything.

He hummed.
"Be honest, Captain. What do you think of her?" Glancing over at Alex, Katsuki smirked.

"Fear Not, Captain. I was only hearing. You need not answer."

Players

MENTIONED:

Midrick Midrick
Gohan510 Gohan510 Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

OTHERS: SerenityAngel SerenityAngel
Bum Bear Bum Bear
Kloudy Kloudy
Field Marshall Field Marshall

Pat had a huge mental sigh of relief when he heard he would just being running extra laps and cleaning the stables, either of them wouldn't be much of a hassle. He felt like atlas and the world had just been lifted off his shoulders. "I was late due to an advanced training regime that continued into the night, I only had about three hours of sleep and dozed off at about 5 AM the time when I usually wake up to start normal training." He said, more relaxed then the beginning of her asking him what he was doing talking to Kai. Just doged a huge bullet. Pat thought to himself, and he wasn't panicking on the inside anymore so he was feeling good about the situation.

He came out pretty much unscathed nothing too major, his plans for joining the special ops squad were still intact, and he wouldn't need to beat the hell out of Kai, the captain would handle it for him so in some twisted way everything turned out ok. Pat turned and walked away into the mess hall and decided to strike up a conversation with the other Ky. " So how'd you're day go?" He asked as he picked up the potato on his tray and took a bite. Ky was the only other cadet Pat considered his equal in the regiment. Arogance wasn't one of Pat's norms but it wasn't bragging if it was true.

Kloudy Kloudy

Kypher Hawthorne
3be960aa05e5858cc83a4add04ab4c83--red-eyes-anime-anime-boy-black-hair-red-eyes.jpg

Kypher nodded thoughtfully at Cray's words. It had more or less been what he had expected, although the vouch of support was a pleasant surprise. Bowing his head in uncharacteristic gratitude, Kypher actually gave what appeared to be a genuinely weary smile for the brief second as he spoke, "Thank you, sir. I think this has definitely helped me make up my mind." The warmth remained only for a second more as his expression quickly turned back to the professional frown he usually held. Saluting rigidly again, back to his former distant self, Kypher waiting for dismissal before turning to leave.

The conversation had been quite helpful, he had to admit. So he could join the Garrisom and spend an eternity sucking up to officials for the information he required, or he could join the scouts and get the information himself at the risk of his own life. It seemed like a definite microcosm of how each job was normally usually performed, the scouts getting the dangerous jobs with the Garrison handling the issues of the elites. The real question wasn't which was the most efficient route to take, it was more about what his brother would want for him. A life of danger or a life of bureaucracy.

Troubled by his thoughts, Kypher decided that it would probably be best that he ate now that he was finished with training. Fighting the titans wasn't all just about learning and improving upon skills, it was also about building up one's body for a war. Strength, agility, endurance; these things could only be achieved through training if he ate well. And so Kypher made his way to the mess hall, still frowning at his own thoughts.

As he sat down with his food, it actually took Kypher a second to realise someone had said something to him. Glancing to his side, he saw that the cadet named 'Pat' had joined him. Kypher did not particularly know Pat all that well, but he had seen him in the top 10 rankings a few times. He could only hope Pat was not as disillusioned as that other skillful girl he had seen was.

"Today has been... informative." Kypher responded with a sigh, cutting chunks off of his potato and eating it. The other cadet could be talking about how training had gone, but Kypher had long since forgotten to judge how 'well' it went. It always went the same way: he did everything near-perfectly without any hiccups. It wasn't something he was all that proud about, because those skills were a means to an end. To say he was bored of training wouldn't be strictly true, but Kypher suspected he wouldn't miss it post-graduation.

"What about you? I saw that there was a little commotion between you, Kai and some of the captains." Kypher inquired, curious enough about why the captains had let them off so easily to ask about it. It was probably Leanna, who was known to have a rather unorthodox way of handling situations and even training. That wasn't to say her methods were not effective, although Kypher had not had the opportunity to train under her, so he reserved his judgement on that front. And the scary Captain, although Kypher used 'scary' loosely as he wasn't all that frightened. He wasn't afraid or even annoyed at having to do punishments like cleaning or laps, and so long as you didn't do anything stupid then you wouldn't have to anyway. There was no possible way they would expel cadets from the military, they needed all the skilled bodies they could get with the very high mortality rates. Kypher wondered if Pat pondered these things like he did, if he was driven by emotion and feelings or by logic and strategy. Kypher had always thought himself to be the latter, but he too had noticed his own reaction when his brother was brought up. Could it be possible that his own emotions were affecting his training? The frown grew, his brow furrowing more as he brooded over this, looking into his food. Kypher had to find out about his brother and nothing would stand in his way, not even himself.

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Midrick Midrick

Kai Takeshi
Landing on the calm grass that had seem to be moving with the wind Kai slammed his fist against the tree as he looked at the shining sun going past the branches of the tree's as a leaf dropped by his foot. He looked at it and sighed thinking of what he caused back there, but it did not matter he did not know who that lady was and how dare she speak down on Kai like he's some peasant or a piece in a board game. A pawn!? Who did she think he was! Kai knew he was strong, others would tell him and admire his strength and diligence the only major thing he lacked in was his arrogance. He did not like others speaking down on him as if he was bellow dirt, he's seen it all the titans his parents dying all of such horrific scenes a child should not have seen, which is why he came to this camp. He realized something though, and that was the government was corrupt and he did not like it. Pat? Who even was that guy? Kai had never spoken to him before, or so Kai thought he didn't.
Midrick Midrick
Sarah Inoue
Landing behind Kai she looked at him with a worried expression. "What was all that back there by the way?" She asked him walking over to his side placing her hand on his shoulder. "Everything will be alright we're about to graduate and soon after that we'll be able to fly high into the sky and rid of all the... Titans." The end of her sentence seemed kind of jittery as she was of course scared of the gigantic humanoid creatures that hunted humans like flies. "I know what you're going through though, but that's not the best route to take it you know?" She sat by Kai's side looking up at him with a blush as the sun's light reflected off of him, as he emotionlessly stared off in the distance.
Kai Takeshi
"I follow my own route."
Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

SERENITY ALABAST
Untitled.jpg
Serenity sighed as she heard that the wires would need replacing but she thought about how the cords were shot and brought back. "They hesitate and jerk. They're slow going out and pulling in but will have proper speed here and there on the track but it's never smooth and consistent anymore." she informed, "It's possible the anchor is the problem but I doubt it. However, I leave that for you to decide. I know how to repair my gear for the most part but I'm far from proficient at it." She watched him work and close the cylinder up and seal it properly. She was not going to let anything go wrong with her gear. "Just do what you can for it. I don't want to replace it if I can get away with it." she requested and sat back a little. She was starting to get hungry and would head to the mess hall after she was done here but it didn't seem like things were going to be all that quick for a while. She was tempted to let him work and get them both some food and return with it but she didn't want to miss anything vital and wind up screwing herself later down the road. Without her gear she was a sitting duck against the titans. She needed to trust her gear not to falter when she would need it most. "Tell me, why are so fascinated with 3DM gear? You could do a heck of a lot more with more equipment from what I can see." She asked genuinely curious.

Last edited:
"Then I might have already fix the problem. Naturally these are all functions the fans have a critical role in as they wire coil in turned by the fans. But I'll still take a brief look at your hooksz wires, the inside of the hook holder and such to confirm. We should test this afterwards to see if the problem persists it could mean there's a some blockage like a broken off piece getting caught in the coil and only moved when the pressure gets to hi only to get caught again later." Sora explained. As worked she asked him about his interest in the maneuver gear. "I wouldn't say I'm fascinated, it's my forte. I have been working with mechanical stuff since I was younger so I have an affinity for this stuff. We can't exactly mess around with guns or cannons outside of drills so this is the next best thing. Then again guns and cannons are very simplistic and not as much to do with them except play with their firing mechanisms and ammunition. I can aim and shoot cannons and guns as easily as I can take them apart but the satisfaction even then is not the same. The good stuff we don't get to touch till we have graduated. There's also..... nevermind, I think I am done."

Sora resealed parts of the gear he had opened up judging the problem to not be the hook holder or the wire. He was too hungry to go and open up the cylinders to take a deeper look, he doesn't like to work when he is hungry because he is afraid of mistakes that could get someone killed. "I suggest we dine, then test the gear to see if it's back in working order and if not bring it back here to continue working on it. Sounds like a plan?" Sora said removing his work goggles and setting them down in the table.

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Pia Schneider

Pia flinched slightly at the sound of a woman's voice resounding through the camp. Her focus was broken, her eyes searching for the one called her, more so the entire cadet corp, to attention. Running through every individual there she saw her, bleach blonde hair twirling in the wind. Captain Hans, leading lady of the Survey Corps. A woman of high prestige, someone she knew she shouldn't irritate. Commanding them to return to their barracks, Pia did as ordered and went about entering her barrack, forgetting about the boy from earlier. She walked behind the other female members of her class into their room, beds stacked on one another making full use of the long and narrow space of the house. Pia shifted to the left where her own bed lie, a thin comforter folded neatly along side a filthy pillow stained with dry blood and dirt. The reminder of her past mistakes and failures.

Tired and sore she dropped her gear and flopped down onto her bottom bunk sighing, covering her eyes as she allowed the coolness of her mattress comfort her. Today was a living hell. Her mind wandered to earlier that day when she awoke before dawn. From there, she quietly tip toed her way out of her shared room and onto the training grounds where she tested herself using her gear. As per usual, she began by balancing herself in them which proved simple enough. Spread her weight instead of creating a center of mass as to not disrupt her equilibrium. That in itself wasn't too difficult and with how much she done it prior to this morning, it had practically become second nature to her. After a little bit of that she went about performing the real test, effectively using her gear to maneuver through the course.

She failed multiple times during the process. She found herself hanging like a scarecrow from slipping off the branch she'd attempt to land on. Other times she nearly broke a bone having slammed into a tree opposed to on it. The entire training was an ordeal but even with these flops she had at least made some minor improvements. She now leaned in a bit more to increase her air resistance, positioning her body in a way that decreased the force of wind hitting smashing into her. It still threw her off a couple of times, but that was to be expected. This lasted an hour before she broke for breakfast and soon after, today's disgrace, the titan course. Shaking her head, she lifted her aching body and removed her grimy jacket, the coat sliding from her shoulders and onto her bed where she then tossed it onto the floor boards. Once removed, her body revealed a plethora of wounds, new and old.

Large purple blotches trailing down her arm, her pale skin only accentuating the severity of discoloration on them. With them were scars ranging to fine thin lines to large and unseemly marks, some with their scabs still intact. These marks were not only on her arms, but her chest as well. Some were on her collarbone while other hid beneath her dirtied white tank top that buried her petite frame. Groaning, she tried relaxing her muscle by stretching, but all that achieved was the screaming of her muscles forcing her to let out a small shriek of pain. Not having been her greatest idea, Pia remembered that she needed to repair her gear on captains order. However, she was mediocre when it came to anything concerning them unless it had been how to equip it. Luckily, she knew a certain someone who could, a young red head that knew his way around the machine.

Picking up her gear along with her jacket, she went about searching for her acquaintance. Judging from the lack of people outside her barracks she could assume he could be in one of two places. Captain Han's had told them to return to their barracks which she suspected some did while the others headed for dinner. It was a fifty-fifty percent chance either way, thus she headed towards his barrack a few houses down from her own. She walked for a bit, passing the other barracks between her's and his, none of them differentiating from the other except for maybe a few plants here and there. Pia dusted off her head before stepping onto their front door, leaves and twigs tumbling together as they hit the ground. Having believed herself to have done a decent job, she knocked on the door.

"Hey Sora! You in there?" she paused before continuing," I was hoping if I can get you to take a look at me gear if you aren't too busy." she finished, not wanting to pressure the dude into fixing it. He had his own machine to be concerned about.

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel & Field Marshall Field Marshall

"That was more than a little trouble Ky, you don't mind me calling you that do you?" Pat was unsure about Kypher he seemed relaxed at the moment but he was hard to read, his face didn't betray his inner thoughts Pat had a feeling they would be friends. " But yes there was an incident with him. Let me tell you that guy is a loose canon and if he pulls shit like that on a mission or patrol he'll get his entire squad killed, and if he has another outburst again while I'm near him I'll shut him up... at least until his jaw heals." Sadism wasn't a real problem for Pat but if he wanted too he could inflict serious amounts of pain without actually hurting someone. If there was one thing he hated more than titans it was a self-righteous prick who thinks he is a one man army who believes he can do anything and everything.

"I saw you and that garrison captain pretty deep in conversation, what was that about." Juding by what he heard or overheard Kypher was looking to glean some information about something to do with an expedition in the scouts, he would have asked Kypher about the expedition directly but Pat didn't want to overplay his hand. Knowing when to stop asking and when to let someone with info you want slip up and tell you without them knowing was a valuable skill. But it wasn't like Kypher was hiding something huge like where some secret stash of money was or if there was some huge plot against the government.

Pat remembered that his gear needed some maintenance and made a mental note to stop by Soras shop. Pat wondered why Sora hadn't just gone into business for the military instead of joining it he could have made money like a noble and retire a rich man. People are strange he thought. But not evryone was in the military for personal gain, some thought it was a noble cause and that they were humanity's shield, a ton of motivational bs. Some people said they joined to find themselves, those people would find themselves getting eaten alive, and some were just conscripts, they didn't ask for this war but they got it all the same. Gotta stop with all this thinking, thinking leads to doubt and doubt leads to death in the field. There would be time for thinking later all he had to do now was focus on passing within the top 10.
Kloudy Kloudy

(When I put in the people are strange part I instantly thought of the doors song lol)

"I was going to suggest the same." she replied to the suggestion of going to the hall to dine, "I would have suggested I go grab us some rations but I didn't want to miss anything vital that I may need to know." She got up from her seat and just as she was about to escort him to dinner so they could work further later a soft knock came to the door and a voice she had heard quite often through training. One that made her sigh often and made her feel bad that she could do so well on her own. Actually, this was fortunate. She had been wanting to talk to the girl and hopefully, help her. She promptly opened the door without hesitation and confidently responded for him, "He's actually looking at my gear at the moment, but I'm sure he can take a look after he's finished." She saw the bruises and cuts and could not suppress a sigh before speaking to her directly, "Why don't you join us for dinner. Everyone else is probably there already. Afterwords and after our gear is fixed I could give you some pointers to help lessen the damage when usung the gear." She offered. It wasn't often she did this but the girl needed some serious help or she would not survive to graduation.

"Yes as Serenity said, I am currently looking into her gear and about to head to dinner. If you want, you could leave your gear here and tag it with your name so I can look at it afterwards." Sora added. He wasn't suprised some many wanted to see him before Finals tomorrow, he just hope they didn't all have complex issues that need to be diagnosed and fixed, high quality routine maintenance would be a whole lot easier and faster. He needed to make sure he got his sleep for tomorrow rather than pull an all nighter going through everyone's gear. He was pretty sure a lot of these guys would forget to come to him or drop asleep first. Only a few will remember to come to him.

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Bum Bear Bum Bear

Kypher Hawthorne

Kypher shrugged both at the nickname and the correction, apparently indifferent, "Either way." Although Kypher seemed fairly noncommittal in the way that he continued to eat his food and listen, he did have to agree with what Pat was saying. Kai, who Kypher only knew from all the trouble he overheard the guy getting into, was seriously conflicted. He joined the military as a cadet, yet it seems he is unwilling to conform to basic military structure and command.

"Insubordinate. Undisciplined. Conflicted. Reckless." Kypher let his fork rest on his plate as he turned to face Pat, his frown deepening only slightly, "He's more likely to do himself harm than anyone else."

He then stared back into his plate, half finished. He should really eat it all, it had been only moments ago that he was internally monologuing about eating it all to gain the maximum amount of growth in his body. The problem was that he had suddenly lost his appetite. He used to be like Kai once. Filled with anger. Lashing out. Feeling as if the world was against him. Kypher would be lying if he said he still didn't feel like that sometimes, but he had learned to control that rage. The ways of his village had helped with that.

But Kai was pushing against his superiors and they all pushed back. No one was moving anywhere. It was that lesson that taught Kypher to ignore his personal feelings in matters where logic would yield more success. To not give into to frustration when the fish dodged your spear, but to wait patiently for the correct time to strike. He silently mouthed a quick prayer of thanks to his father, now dead in his old age, who had been his teacher.

"Yes, Captain Cray and I were discussing the Garrison. I was contemplating whether I want to join them or not." Kypher glossed over Pat's sentiment about teaching Kai a lesson. He honestly believed it would no help in the long term, but it also wasn't his place to tell Pat what to do either. Let nature run its natural course, all good things return in time. Another teaching from his father.

"I was also thinking about joining the scouts, although I suspect everyone here is. I haven't seen so many people so eager to die before. It is... disquieting." He did not mention anything about gathering information, although he did hint that he planning to join the scouts simply to fight and die. He had his agenda, but he didn't quite know Pat well enough to disclose that with him. Not to mention what Kypher had in mind could potentially be incriminating, causing him to arrested for assumed treason or even cast out beyond the walls. As with most things, it wasn't that he feared for his own life, but more that it would ruin his chances at learning what he needed to know. It was for those reasons that he withheld from confiding in his fellow cadet.

"What about you? Going to join the scouts too?" Kypher asked, raising his held slightly and turning it to point the curiously skeptical eyebrow at Pat. If Pat was as skilled as he seemed, it was only natural that he would have big aspirations such as himself. Becoming a captain, hell, even a commander of the Scouting Regiment was about as big of an honour as there was, second to perhaps only royalty itself. Kypher personally did not need to reach such a high standing to fulfill any sense of achievement, but it would be a nice touch.

Midrick Midrick
Mentioned: Gohan510 Gohan510

Pia Schneider

Pia was somewhat surprised when a girl answered the door, something she was not expecting to see. Sadly, it wasn't just anyone, but Miss Perfect, one of the few who would rank top 10 of their corp. Pia withheld a groan of irritation as she went about explaining to her the situation. Okay, so he was currently fixing her gear, fine. That's all she needed to know, it wasn't a hassle for her to comeback at a later time. Planning on returning to her barracks, Miss Oh So Perfect, or Serenity, invited her to eat dinner with them. Worrying about the state of her gear, she had not thought much about eating, not very surprising seeing where her priorities lied. Believing an invitation to eat was all there was to this conversation, Pia didn't see the harm in accepting it. Admittedly, she did find Serenity annoying as all hell, but it wasn't like she actually hated her. Ready to accept, what she thought to be a polite gesture soon devolved into something irritating.

The braided blonde had already ignored the earlier sigh she received from the cadet, something she didn't want to take too personal. Besides, she kept herself sighing when Miss Perfect answered the door. However, this is what pissed her off, the crap that spewed from her mouth as if they were somehow obligatory. Pia allowed her to finish, the sickly sweet tone of her voice causing her to crack her fingers in an attempt to hold her tongue. She knew what this was. She knew it all too well. How could she forget the sound of someone pitying you. Her face showed her true intentions clearly. Sunken eyes that looked down on her as if she was small puppy in need of rescuing. Once Serenity had completed stating her offer to help, Pia tried to keep a calm demeanor, but with people like her she couldn't. Not with a girl who looked at her like her bastard of a father.

"I'll accept the offer to eat as I haven't much ate since this morning. However, I don't think I'll be needing your assistance with my training." she said politely with no attempts to hide the disdain on her face. She had said enough. Pia had accepted her offer to eat in the nicest possible way she could. Now all that was left was for her to keep her mouth shut. But for a seething Pia, that was eighty percent chance that she'd say something she didn't have too. Hopefully, the twenty percent would win today.

"You know, I understand this comes from a good place, but for those of us that work hard at what we fail at, it's insulting. So I would like to ask you to worry about yourself rather than others." She whispered, poisoned laced in every word. Apparently, the twenty percent had failed her yet again.

This was something she would likely regret later, but as of now, she couldn't give a good damn about holding up appearances. Forget whatever good intentions Miss Perfect had, her whole body displayed what those fat drunks in Wall Sheena did when they say her. Someone weak, incapable of doing something without someone better holding her hand. It's infuriating to say the least. Sora's voice calmed her down a bit, bringing her attention away from Serenity even if only for a moment.

"Alright, that sounds like a plan!" she replied to his suggestion, dragging her equipment through the narrow door. Searching for a suitable place to drop her machine, she simply left it near the head of his bunk a few inches away from Miss Perfects own gear. With that, she followed the two to the cafeteria, keeping a few paces behind the red head and the blonde. She needed to cool down a bit, and this was the best thing she could think of so she wouldn't snap at Serenity during dinner. It wasn't her fault, she knew that, but that didn't stop her from making her mad. Taking deep breaths, maybe it would be better if she ate alone. The option was still open to her.

Last edited:
SERENITY ALABAST
Untitled.jpg
As Serenity gave the offer she was surprised to see the distain on the girl's face. She didn't really know what this girl had against her but she decided it wasn't her problem as long as things didn't interfere with their jobs and missions. Hearing her reject the offer of help she gave a bit of a cold glare for only a moment as this girl, older than her by two years, spoke as if she didn't work hard herself. Like she didn't know the struggles of being where Pia was. Did this older girl really think that everything came easy to her? That she didn't work hard to get where she was? She trained since she was a child. That was the only reason she was so good at this job. She wanted to snap a little but it wouldn't do any good and only cause more problems so she just let it go. The glare in the young girl's green and blue eyes vanished within the second it appeared. Instead of speaking up or saying anything back she just shrugged her shoulders. "As you wish. It was just an offer. No need to bristle." she said calmly and without a real tone of anything. Her voice was soft but emotionless, just like her face was. She walked ahead and didn't care that Pia was a few paces behind. The girl was too years older than Serenity and she was acting like this was high school and she was the head cheerleader or something. I wasn't a roll she liked playing and she refused to. However, if Pia wanted to play the "poor me but don't pity me" act and play like this was some school drama or novel, then fine but Serenity wasn't going to play along. She had her own problems and if Pia didn't want the help from someone younger than her then that was fine. It wasn't like she didn't offer the same help to everyone she saw struggling. It wasn't pity that she felt for Pia, it was guilt and hope. Guilt that she had more training than them and hope that she could pass on what her parents taught her while they could so they could benefit and become better so not so many lives would be taken by the titans.

All through dinner, Serenity was quiet and hardly said a word if at all. She was not in a particularly talkative mood and nor was she very hungry anymore. She ate what little she wanted and gave the rest to Sora as she had promised for payment. It was a good thing she didn't need much to stay healthy but she was missing out on a decent meal. She just couldn't stomach anything since her appetite had been squashed with irritation. She glanced around the room and saw the other cadets eating and talking away as if they didn't have a care in the world but this week was going to be hell and she knew it. She didn't know if any of the other cadets knew but she was the daughter of two hero scouts and the granddaughter of one of the best fighters in the world and she was prepared as they taught and told her about their training and how they got through it. She doubted she would be so lucky and would not even have a hope that she could be half as good as them but she would give her all and more to bring honor to her family's name again.

Keith Shadis, Leanna Minako, Alex Cray, Preston Tokana

Keith looked toward Captain Han as she made her request for Cadet Takashi be her sparring partner. Him having watched what had just happened, he paused, thinking before he made a reply. "Captain Han, I will allow your request." He paused once again but gave a stern look toward the captain. "But, I want you to remember that the finals are coming up. I don't need a soldier so badly wounded that they can not perform to the best of their abilities." Keith seemed to watch Aella, though he did not know her very well, he knew that someone's anger can come out in the worst of times if it is held onto. "Do I make myself clear captain?" Keith raised an eyebrow toward the captain, and by the tone of his voice, he was obviously very serious and wanted a reply. Though he couldn't command the captains around too much, he was in charge of making sure the cadets were safe and could perform for their finals at top quality.

As Keith spoke to Captain Han he looked off, wondering what Leanna would do with the misbehaving cadet. And after hearing Aella's plans to spar with the cadet, it made him worry for the boy. "I sure hope Captain Minako will go easy on the boy tonight." He paused looking directly at Aella. "You should know well that she is also very." he paused thinking of a better word. "Strict, and can be quite harsh with her punishments. " Preston looked in the direction that Leanna and the cadet had gone off. Though Leanna had a hard, almost emotionless exterior, She could be ruthless and brutal when giving out punishments and though not as harsh as Captain Han's. It definitely was a very close second.

Preston let out a soft sigh, "I'm gonna head to the Mess hall. No need to stay here if we could be resting up for tomorrow." He readied himself then looked back at Captain Han once more before he jumped. "Just remember Captain Han, Tomorrow's a new day." He quickly jumped from the branch and made his way to the mess hall, knowing all too well that he'll most likely have a conversation with the captains and Instructor Shadis either later tonight or tomorrow morning before everyone gets started with their day. He sighed, walking slowly as he made his way into the building. He looked around at the cadets in the room, each one of them unique in their own way.

Captain Cray watched as Katsuki hurried off, heading to Captain Han's side. He watched them both closely, though he could barely make out Aella's request, and Instructor Shadis's words, even less. Alex could only guess what was happening over there, but as soon as Katsuki left, he had returned to his side. He listened closely as Katsuki spoke and he began to think. "I wouldn't say dead." Alex sighed, already knowing that tomorrow would be a long day. "Let's just hope we won't have to jump in to stop her."

They stood there for some time, Alex watching Captain Han interact with one of the other cadets, he was letting his mind wander until he heard Katsuki speak up. Speaking of how Aella had grown and gotten to where she is now. Alex smirked, looking toward Katsuki when he asked how he felt about Aella. He let out a soft sigh, reaching up and rubbing the back of his neck as he looked back over toward Captain Han. "Honestly." He paused. "She is obviously a woman of high standards and someone to be honored and respected." he paused looking off into the distance, they should start getting back. "Though, she can be a major buzz kill." He spoke in more of charming, fun-loving tone, seeing no need to keep up a serious front at the moment.

Alex let out a soft sigh as he looked in the direction of the mess hall. "We should all get some rations and some rest. Tomorrow will be a long day. Plus, since Aella wants to spar with someone, Preston or Keith will most likely have us join along as well." Alex let out a short yawn. "Damn... I didn't get my nap in today..." Alex chuckled as he readied his equipment, thinking into the next week and a half, no naps and no drinking until all of this was over, what a bore. Maybe this was the reason Preston invited Alex, for him to get on a normal sleep schedule before something serious went down. "You coming Along Katsuki? Or you gonna stay here for a bit longer?" Captain Cray asked as he looked toward Katsuki once more.

Leanna had followed the cadet, landing on a branch not too far from where he landed to stay hidden for some time before she jumped down just a few feet away and looked at him, her eyes watching him, much like a bird of prey watching its target. "So, you follow your own route?" Leanna watched the Cadet closely as she used the words he had said earlier. "It this the route that will bring you to your dreams? The one you trained for every day for the last three years?" Leanna was already annoyed with the cadet, he was asking like a child, and she hated it. She took another step toward Kai. "If so, that's pitiful." Her voice raised a bit, more in anger than anything. "You worked all those days, all those hours, to do what?" Leanna spoke as if she was scolding the cadet, though it sounded almost like she was more disappointed than anything. "To act out and ruin your chance of getting anywhere? If you would have acted out on the battlefield and left like that, it could be seen as treason." Leanna paused, everyone knew what happened to people accused of treason. Very few of them actually got life in prison, and those were the lucky ones. If you could call them lucky, some would prefer the death sentence over life in a dark cell.

Leanna's attention was obviously on Kai, the disrespectful cadet, but she couldn't help but keep an eye on the female cadet as well. She couldn't even make out the females name in this moment. She kept looking over to the female cadet, she was obviously protective and very worried about the male cadet. Leanna brought her gaze back to Kai and let out a soft sigh, seeming to calm down some, but it was hard to tell behind the emotionless front she was putting on.

Keith, Preston & Alex: SavingStar SavingStar
Leanna: Gohan510 Gohan510

"So ummmm.... Titans.....Finals....Food....Stuff...." Sora several times trying to a spark a conversation at this really awkward meal. He did however not hesitate to dive into the extra food he was promised. This would give him the energy for Finals and to fix all the gears he is likely going to be presented with tonight. He could tell there was a sort of venomous tension between the two girls, their strong personalities clashing. He could hear other animated conversations going on even with the group who sat right next to him. They all chimed away about what branches they are going to jump into after tomorrow, some even said military police.

He then recurved a paper note, not sure of from where. It read:" Since a lot of the people who would be ranked Top Ten would pro be all choosing Survey Corps, wouldn't it be nice to lessen their performance and let someone who would choose Military Police take their spot." To Sora that sounded like it made sense, after all the rankings don't really matter beyond who gets to choose MP anyway.

With that Sora decided he would diminish his performance tomorrow to not claim a spot in the Top 10. He wasn't sure if the instructors and evaluators would go for it, but it's still worth a try. It seemed this was being to distributed to all those with the capacity to be Top 10. Anyone who is not aiming for Military Police shouldn't claim Top 10, they only would after reading this out of some selfish want for achievement. With that thought, Sora wrote his name down on the note and then tossed it onto the ground behind him. It was swooped up with the minute, hopefully to the right place.

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Bum Bear Bum Bear

SavingStar SavingStar Gohan510 Gohan510 Kloudy Kloudy Midrick Midrick

Pia Schneider

The meal was tasteless as it always was. Being handed a single individual sized and a bowl of what appeared to be potato stew, Pia wasn't expecting much from this humdrum dinner. Scooping a large chunk of potato and some of what she assumed to be beef broth, she blew on her spoon before shoving it into the mouth. The two did not mesh well on her taste buds as the broth overpowered the sweetness of the potato. Not delicious in the slightest. Well, she didn't decide to come here for the cadet's amazing cooking skills. Taking another bite of her stew, she heard Sora say something in a meager attempt to ignite a conversation between the three. It was quite obvious that there was tension between the two of them, Sora only a unfortunate victim caught in the crossfire.

Pia did not mind talking at all, her anger from earlier having subsided. She should go for strolls more often if it had this kind of effect on her. Although she no longer felt any spite against Miss Perfect she couldn't say the same for the girl herself. She was overbearingly quiet, keeping to her side of the table the entire meal, even going as far as to give Sora her rations for today. The blonde knew she was at fault for her drastic change in mood, but refused to take the blame for her loss of appetite. In this day and age when food was becoming more of a luxury item than a necessity if you chose not to eat than tough titty. Eating was not something done for pleasure, it was done to survive. Very much like joining the cadet corp, no one sought pleasure in training brutally to join one of the three branches, all of them needed this for one reason or another.

Whatever had been Serenity's reason, Pia didn't care as she assumed she'd feel the same about her own. Their past, their present, none of it mattered. They only held meaning to those they belonged to and that's all they ever needed to be. Scrapping up the last bit of her soup with her spoon, she began tearing pieces off her loaf. Hard and crumbly, who in the world made this? Had they left it baking in the oven too long? Pia grew frustrated at the poor quality of the bread before her. Taking a bite, it taste as awful as it looked. Dry and tough to chew. The tiny bite size piece that she put in her mouth nearly parched her throat, most of her saliva being used to break the bread down. Gulping the half chewed mess of disgrace, she was ready to storm into the kitchen and show them how a real baker bakes bread. The eighteen year old would like to think she understood what it took to make delicious wheat bread. She did live in a bakery all her life. Sighing, she remained in her seat and continued eating her food. As she chewed, she couldn't help but noticed Sora drop something on to the floor.

"Hey, Sora. You know chu just dropped something right?" she noted, continuing to bite through the tough skin of her dinner. Bending down under the table to get it, she noticed that it was gone. Odd. How could is have just disappeared? She hadn't seen anyone pass by and she doubted they'd be enough of a good Samaritan to clean up after someone else. Maybe it was stuck on the back of someone's boot?

"Strange. It's not there. Looked like a piece of paper. I hope that wasn't anything important." she said, before going about tearing another piece to eat and then a gulp of water.

Last edited:
SERENITY ALABAST
Untitled.jpg

Serenity was never really social but she did look out for her team mates to make sure they at least live to their graduation. Beyond that she didn't talk much to anyone. To be perfectly honest, she didn't trust them l. She didn't trust anyone. Everyone had their own desires and dreams and goals and will stop at nothing to get what they want. No matter who they have to hurt along the way and in the process. Serenity had first hand experience with just such a situation so she trusted no one and rarely spoke to anyone. Her own feelings in the situation with Pia had no real relevance but it certainly didn't help the situation. She really didn't want to hang around too much but she needed to stick with Sora until he had finished her gear so she waited for him to finish his meals. It was a good thing she wasn't really all that hungry for tasteless stew and hard bread. She could find other sources of proper food if she needed to. She held up her side of the bargain so she had to see her gear through to the end.

As she sat there waiting patiently she pulled out her pocket note book and a pen she always kept on her. She started scribbling words down and thought of some tunes and melodies and harmonies that would work well together on one side of a page and started drawing a simple but realistic picture on the other. The picture was of a couple reuniting after a long time apart. The girl was relieved and the man surprised. His hair was short and slightly curly. His features sharp and strong. His hair was light and his eyes colorless. In her mind's view, his eyes were green. A soft jade green that captivates those that look into them. Green eyes that comfort and are worthy of perfect trust. The woman's hair was dark as midnight, skin as pale as the paper would allow and in Serenity's view, the woman's eyes were the brightest blue ever. Bluer than the sky on the clearest day and drew those that saw into the depths of peace and could be lost in them for days.
aae0e50b6e01f549404945ecd0517a18--drawing-tutorials-drawing-ideas.jpg
They embrace one another in a shock of relief. Her pencil scratched against the paper, leaving a stain against the paper. Slowly, with patients and care, each line, each smear against he grain of the page the drawing came into focus and life was slowly breathed into it with each little detail drawn. The shading became softer and the dark sections brought out how the highlighted sections popped out but the most attention was put into the faces. The couple looked so real they could almost jump off the page. Memories filled her mind as did words and a sense of loss and nostalgia. The two obviously meant a lot to her but she didn't let anyone see inside her little book. She always kept the book close to her and on her person at all times so no one would look inside it and see she was just as human as the rest of them. Just as vulnerable. Just as.....normal. All of her reasons for wanting to be her best and join the scouts were in this nearly full, little book. Once the drawing was done she signed it and closed the soft leather cover and tucked it safely back into her pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back