• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Asylum

king5ter

Bittersweet Psychopath
There's mental asylums. And then there's Westridge. The place for those with nowhere else to go. Those too broken for anywhere else.

Shelter.

Sanctuary.

Asylum.

This was one of the first Rp's I created on this site, and it started off really well, but after a while it died off and people stopped posting. I really loved it so I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in starting it again.

The basic idea is that we're inmates in a mental asylum for the truly broken, those so messed up that they cannot go to a normal asylum. The idea for the plot is that for a while we focus on character-driven experiences and the interactions between these inmates. Then after a while we have an event which changes the RP. While we never got to it in the original one, it was planned to be an escape from the asylum, and the inmates would live as outcasts, hiding out in train networks and secret tunnels. It doesn't have to be this for this RP. For example, there could be a fire at the asylum which injures or kills quite a few and destroys half the building, or there could be a sort of war between groups of inmates.

Inside the asylum, the inmates are allowed to roam free, and the only requirement for your character in terms of personality is that they are not suicidal, as all of the inmates are given a lot of freedom and free reign.

It would be a detailed RP with a minimum of three paragraphs, and you'd have to post at least once every few days. In the previous one people would stick to this at first but would slowly start posting less and less until there were only three of us who actually posted regularly. I don't want that to happen here, so if anyone is inactive for too long without letting me know I will remove them and we will allow someone else to join as a new inmate. It'd actually be quite easy for someone to join at any point, because as a new inmate their character would know nothing about what had happened so far, and so they wouldn't have to go through pages and pages of posting to try and get up to speed.

Let me know if you're interested and if I get enough people, I'll create the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back