[Astrum: Heavens] ECNF Headquarters

Crocmon

Pop-punk n' space magic. Not always in that order.
Supporter
Located on a space station orbiting the second moon of Domus, is the ECNF HQ. This is where all issues are brought to President Martinez's attention and resolved. An office exists on Domus, but the buildings there are largely for Congress and the Courts. The proximity to military leadership is why the President's office is here, connected to the planet with an array of communication satellites.

It is cause for celebration. With the first Southerland-Class Flagship finally completed, the ECNF is all but ready, to head out into the galaxy. It has been a long and hard past few years, but the trial and error only makes this much more of a triumph. It is now a simple matter of choosing where to begin; There are three viable solar systems, that neighbor New Sol, designated M1302, M1303 and M1304.

With some thought, President Martinez would sip from his coffee and eye over the three arbitrary numbers presented before him. He liked the idea of randomly picking something to do, but he knew that Admiral Metroka, the man who would be leading a fleet out to the system of his choice would despise the notion.

"What can you get me on M1302? Are there any statistics on it available? If so, send them to Admiral Metroka and have him prepare his ships to enter FTL and explore it. I know how much he hates going in without a clue, so try to inform him as much as we know before they leave our system. Upon receiving the information, he'll be given permission to request the forces he feels will be necessary."

The information would be relayed to Admiral Silas Metroka, who would analyze the data before making the request for the fleet that would make this journey.

(Will wait for the reply to this before posting troop-numbers)

There was very little information on M1302, or either of the two other solar systems- However, out of the few that neighbored New Sol, the three provided were the most promising and the only ones with planetary bodies in them.

Patrick took a good swig of his coffee, sending the data to Metroka through a screen provided by his MAG, and waiting for a response. He realized that the cup was empty, and reached for a spare one he had. His reach was interrupted though, when his MAG went abuzz with the notification of a new message. "There's one thing I'll give him, he's always quick to reply."

Metroka's request for forces was green-lighted by Martinez quickly, needing only the notification that he and his MAG were both present and conscious at the time of signing through the MAG's systems. "Let's make a public statement. It'll be the Discovery's maiden voyage into the vast star ocean. Use those words, or make it more romantic. I'll leave that up to the press to decide. Just get them excited! We have no idea what we could be finding out there."

Along with the Discovery, there will be two frigates, a cruiser, and a destroyer. The Discovery itself will carry one dropship squadron, and two fighter squadrons. There will also be an ARKS Division on board, as well as a Soldier Division. They will be on state of alert, preparing for any kind of scenario to unfold in this new system. The ARKS Division will be the response-teams, while the Soldier Division will be aboard the Discovery for defense. A detailed list will follow.

• ECNS Discovery
    One Dropship Squadron
  • Two Fighter Squadrons
  • ARKS Division
  • Soldier Division

[*]ECNS Shuriken (Frigate)

[*]ECNS Ripper (Frigate)

[*]ECNS Evil Angel

[*]ECNS Dirty Harry (Destroyer)

"Out of my way, out of my way!" Echoed from the hallway outside President Martinez's office, just before his office's door slammed open and an out of breath, agitated man wearing the suit of the ECNF Space Agency entered. "Mister.. (gasping) President... (gasping)..." Martinez's secretary, Linda Bell stood in the doorway, "I'm sorry mister President, he just barged in here like a maniac waving that file of his around!" "But of course! The file, the file!" The man shouted as he walked over to the president's desk, and slammed the file in his left hand, onto it. It read "Classified! Authorized Eyes-Only" in big red letters on the top of the old fashioned, paper folder.

President Martinez would let the man in - assuming he had any choice in the matter - with a smile. He couldn't help but chuckle at the informality of the issue. "What's going on?" He would see the 'classified' stamp on the exterior of the folder, and would realize the gravity of the situation. "Everyone without top clearances please leave the room. Miss Bell, please postpone any appointments I may have until further notice."

"Now, tell me what this is about, please," Martinez would say as everyone but him and his closest advisers left the room. After the room was cleared, he'd open the folder.

After the room was empty of untrustworthy ears and eyes, and the man had finished catching his breath- They got right into business. "I'm Henry Morn, one of the top scientists of our space agency. I'm sorry for intruding like this, but the Chief deemed this matter important enough to be delivered to you in person, instead of over a MAG message or a phone." While Mr. Morn introduced himself, Martinez eyed over the first two papers in the file, which he quickly recognized as old probe-survey data on Zendikar; mainly environmental study results and such, as well as a few mentions of the assumed ancient ruins, struck through with a bright-yellow transparent marker.

"As you know, mister President, when we years ago first surveyed the planet Zendikar, our satellite imagery and probe data, suggested there was a cluster of ancient ruins on the planet- However due to issues back then, no further investigation was deemed necessary and the matter was archived until the time would be right to fund an extensive study of the planet, and the ruins.." With an excited smile, Morn took a deep breath, "That time is now, mister President! Early this morning, one the very few still functioning satellites we have in the orbit of Zendikar, suddenly began broadcasting, signaling it had picked up energy readings on the planet. They were weak, but we hoped that at least one of our probes on the surface of Zendikar was still active."

"We were in luck, just barely.. A single probe, damaged and nearing the end of it's power supply was still active." He took a quick step forward and turned the page on the file in front of Martinez, who now was looking at a very unclear picture, "It managed to send us several images of that.. whatever it is, before a sandstorm covered it's camera. And sir, that object most certainly wasn't there when we first sent our probes down. Even better, we estimate it's the source of the energy readings!"

"Well, in that case it's time to see just what adventures await on Zendikar, isn't it? Ready up a team, get the ECNS Dropping Atoms prepped in Zendikar's orbit and put all ships in system on high-alert. We don't know what we're getting into, so mobilize a Scout Division to get in and see what's up, then we'll send down more units appropriately." President Martinez would take a sip of his coffee, and smile, "Let's watch the Worldwake, shall we?"

Dossier for ECNS Dropping Atoms

• 5 ARKS Divisions
  • 5 Medic Divisions
  • 5 Scout Divisions
  • 2 Tank Divisions
  • 2 APC Divisions
  • 5 Gunship Squadrons
  • 10 Dropship Squadrons
  • 20 Fighter Squadrons
  • 5 Bomber Squadrons

"Thank you mister President! I'll also arrange for a science team to immediately board the Dropping Atoms, sir." Morn nodded and bowed, excited about finally having a chance to study Zendikar. He thanked Martinez a few more times and then left the office, on the way out, bumping into two well-dressed gentlemen that marched into the President's office. One of the men Martinez recognized as one of his chief advisers, Henry Barracks - The other one, a Newman in a black suit wearing a pair of black sunglasses, he didn't remember ever seeing before.

"Please, for the love of all that is good in this world- Tell me you've watched the news." Henry spoke, sounding a bit concerned, while the Newman remained standing next to the office's door, in a straight-up and strict pose, with his hands crossed behind his back.

"I've been busy lately, but I have managed to see some news. Refresh my memory - it's been a long day." Martinez said, taking a sip of his coffee and cocking his eyebrow at the Newman in the doorway.

Henry rubbed his forehead, appearing desperate and disappointed at the same time. "Damn it, so you haven't heard yet." He turned around, "Nick, show him." He said and the Newman walked over to the President's desk, digging out a pocket-sized tablet computer from his pocket. "This is, uh, Nicholas from.. What was it?" Fiddling with his device, the Newman smiled, "Let's just call it 'the Department' for now. We can worry about names later." Before the President or Henry could protest, 'Nick' placed his pocket tablet onto the desk, as a video began playing.

On the video, a man probably in his mid-30s was shown, standing on top of the, "Convergence Monument" in the Capital City, which had been built to honor the first anniversary of the Convergence Meeting. In front of him, a large crowd of people had gathered and it was clear the video had been shot by someone in the crowd. The man, wearing a dark robe or a cloak, that covered his body, appeared to be preaching. "...around my brothers and sisters! Come, man, newman and cast- For you are all children of the Coalescence!" There was a lot of whispering and even laughter in the crowd, "Heed my words, for the Second Day of Convergence will soon be upon us! The Order of Coale-" "Get lost you old fart!" "Hahah, you can shove your coalescence up your-" "Do not mock me! But behold, the bringer of what is to come!" The man shouted and ripped his cloak open, revealing some form of cybernetic implants, wires and tubes running across from his left leg, up to his right shoulder. The President now also noticed, that while the man looked like a human, his ears resembled those of a Newman. "I am part Human, part Newman and part Cast! I am a prior of Coalescence, here to tell-" The video cut off abruptly.

"That was shown all over the news twenty minutes ago. Apparently some kid recorded it, at the Convergence Plaza."

"So he sees himself some paragon... Are there issues that would make him a problem? I see that he's going to demagogue the people up really hard, but surely he isn't entirely a threat. Maybe we can work with him... Or is there something I'm missing about this fellow you're going to tell me?" Martinez was a little cautious about this, so he continued, "Don't get me wrong, I see the threat he could pose... But what is it that he could cause?"

"My.. Department, has been watching the Order of Coalescence for a while now, mister President." 'Nick' grasped his device from the table and began fiddling with it again. "Nick briefed me on this "Order", before we came here- And they're definitely up to something." Henry looked at Nick, "Can you show him the list?" Nick smiled, "I'm a step ahead of you, as always Henry." He placed the pocket tablet onto the desk and pushed it towards Martinez, he now saw a long list of construction equipment with prices next to them, followed by all sorts of parts, tools and other tech. At the bottom of the list, came the juicy stuff; Weapons - From handguns to rocket launchers, and not just for a private party either, but enough to supply at least a hundred people. "We have an agent in the Order who sent us that list as well as a nonsensical message.. Unfortunately, he was captured shortly after."

"So they're armed? What's their reasoning for arming the people? Was something done that I haven't been briefed on yet? Generally that's the cause for these things, if I learned anything from history class. And what was the message? Might be code or something. Don't hold out on me, because you've got me scared now." Martinez spoke with genuine concern, eyeing over the list while nervously taking a sip from his coffee.

"Sir, that's exactly why we came here as soon as I learned of this. We have no idea why they're arming or who, they're arming." Nick nodded, "Mm.. My people first heard of them.. Perhaps a year ago, they were a small religious group that didn't seem to cause trouble, so we didn't bother informing anyone.. Plus, everyone has the right to religious freedom so.." The Newman paused, as he grasped his pocket-sized tablet computer again, "Then suddenly we heard their numbers had increased rapidly and with rumors of them contacting illegal arms dealers, we started keeping an eye on them.. Anyway, let me see if I have that message on this device." As he finished, his finger started moving about the touchscreen.

"I'm sorry about throwing all this in your face so suddenly, but I didn't hear about this until literally an hour ago, when Nick approached me."

"It's fine, I imagine this all became a problem exceptionally fast. I think we might need to start making some kind of bureaucratic way to-" He shook his head, "Never mind. That'd be more trouble than it's worth. So how is this device looking?"

"Here it is, it's just a series of numbers and letters.. 130A#340A#778A#903A#.." As Nick said the numbers, Henry wrote them down onto a small notepad he had dug out of his suit's pocket. "We believe our agent was about to send further information, but his transmission was cut short and this number or.. Code, is all we managed to receive." Henry mumbled the series and then put the notepad onto the President's desk, "Doesn't make any sense to me. Could it be a passcode for something?"

"Get to decoding it, have some of our tech-boys see what we can't garner from it. What exactly did he transmit to us prior, or was that the only thing we got? Can we send in more people to help us garner information from that cult? This is some worrisome stuff."

Martinez will make an inquiry to his advisors, wanting to know the results of his polls and to ascertain the economic status of the ECNF.

The following statecraft issues need to be resolved:

Theoretical Photon Laser -based weapon

Project PACK, Theoretical Research

Economic Survey

An exploration mission to M1303 will be organized, as our first mission was far more than successful. Due to recent developments concerning the Oculi, the teams will be refreshed on combat protocols and given a debriefing on the events in M1302.

Fleetlist Follows

1 Flagship

• ECNS Discovery

3 Frigates

• ECNS Shuriken
  • ECNS Ripper
  • ECNS Ireland

2 Cruisers

• ECNS Gran Torino
  • ECNS Dagora

1 Battleship

• ECNS Bonfire
    2 Fighter Divisions

1 Carrier

• ECNS Dropping Atoms
    5 Dropship Squadrons
  • 5 Fighter Squadrons
  • 2 ARKS Divisions
  • 2 Marine Divisions
  • 1 Scout Division
  • 3 Engineer Divisions

1 Science Vessel

• ECNS Imogen

[A single Engineer division will be stationed on each possible ship to apply Damage Control Teams bonus]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back