[Astrum: Heavens] ECNF Diplomatic Offices

Crocmon

Pop-punk n' space magic. Not always in that order.
Supporter
A section of the ECNF Headquarters station, the Diplomatic Offices are created to allow peace of mind. There are multiple airlocks for ships to board from, and of course a myriad of informational screens designed to help inform and impress races that come to speak with the Diplomatic Corps.

A small Calnus-model frigate is floating outside in a specialized dock. The ship will house Major Alighieri on any excursions he must take out of New Sol. There is a docking tube for other ships to mount onto, and through this tube they will board the ECNS Peace Strider, or the ECNF Diplomat will board the other vessel as per the arrangement. Precautions have been taken to allow aliens of specific environments to have an airlock on the Peace Strider's side so that the environment that the alien race is inclined toward can be easily shifted or to ensure that it is of ample environmental-cycling.

Following the return of the First Fleet from the system M1302, Major Alighieri was sitting in his office without his helmet on and rubbing his eyes. The pain in his head was simulated from an appropriate level of stress and thought, but this was anxiety-inducing work. He held the report from the WORLDWAKE expedition in one hand, and the SSA contact information on another. They apparently had transgalactic communications, something the ECNF had nothing close to. His opinion was that communicating with the SSA in New Sol was a possibly bad idea, as they could turn on the ECNF at any point. However, it was proven that the Sol Systems Alliance was human in its composition.

This could be a wonderful train of conversation if it weren't for the introduction of WORLDWAKE's mission failure. Good men vanished into the blink of an eye, and nothing could be done about it but just watch. Alighieri tapped on his keyboard, and a holoscreen opened up in front of his desk. It would project the image of whoever was on the other side to him, and a camera on its projector would show him to the other side. He was expecting a personal visit or something, but first-thing-first.

"This is the ECNF's Diplomatic Corps, calling to the Sol Systems Alliance. This is Major Michael Alighieri wishing to speak to the SSA."

The screen was black and the speakers filled with static. A couple of minutes passed without response, and the Major tried again. There was more static as another couple of minutes passed, without any reply. Beginning to feel frustrated, the Major was just about to speak for a third time, when a synthetic voice came through; "Request for diplomatic contact, approved, please hold." Within seconds, a female voice spoke, though there was no visual connection.

"This is Camille Wray, of the Sol Systems Alliance's, Interstellar Oversight Advisory's diplomatic division. It's quite a mouthful, I know, but you may simply address me as, Miss Wray." There was a brief pause, "I assume, this is about the transport of refugees, from the SSV New York?"

"Yes, Miss Wray. We have the refugees in a military base on our homeworld, where they are being taken good care of. We want to help cooperate on getting them home, but our policies are admittedly unprepared for a scenario like this. It's kind of still something I am having a hard time getting used to, communicating with humans from another civilization. Do you have any protocols in place, or a specific location you would like us to meet in order to ensure the refugees get back home?" Alighieri looked at his helmet for a moment, and then had his eyes fixate on the WORLDWAKE reports. "And, once we address the issue of the refugees of the SSV New York, we have another issue that the ECNF would like to ask about. It has to do with a race we encountered while recovering the survivors from the wreckage, the Goa'uld as you call them."

"In first contact scenarios, we generally strive to comply as much as possible, with the other participant's terms, In order for them to feel.. Secure, if you will, about making contact with an alien civilization for the first time. Of course, in this case, we want to get the refugees home, as soon as possible. They have been gone for two years and there are a lot of families and friends, eagerly waiting to be reunited with their loved ones." Ms. Wray paused, "Your people have been vouched for, by one the most respected and highest ranking military leaders, in the Alliance. Due to this, it has been decided, that you have full authority over when- And where, the refugee extraction will take place. However, I urge you not to delay for too long, so as to not ruin what might be the beginnings of a beneficial friendship."

"We owe a great deal of thanks to Admiral Hackett, then. We will have space in our orbital drydocks for your ships. We wish to show open arms, so we'll have the refugees ready for pickup on your arrival in our home system of New Sol. If this goes well enough, I'd even buy drinks for the occasion." Alighieri would pull the keyboard over, and key in the coordinates to transmit. "I've sent the coordinates to our home system just now, and hope we can do business together soon." He would look over at the Zendikar reports, and clear his throat.

"As pleasant as this conversation has been so far, I'm afraid I have to ask about a topic far less pleasant. We encountered, on ruins discovered on a neighboring planet designated as 'Zendikar' a strange pyramid structure. When it was discovered, the team on the ground found sarcophagi that held several alien lifeforms. One introduced her- or itself as 'Anat' after asking what happened of another of her kind. After a short conversation in where she sought to make ECNF Sergeant James Dean her 'prime' for the "Anat'uld" Empire, the pyramid took off into atmosphere and initiated what we assumed was a light-speed jump out of our system. We have no precedent on this issue, and from our communications with the crew of SSV New York we were able to discern that you have dealt with the Goa'uld before. The two incidents, in the system of Congressum, or M1302, and on our planet Zendikar are related by the alien known as "Vekrati." Anat inquired of him, and his name was used by the computers onboard the pyramid-ship. He was discovered on the SSV New York's wreckage, as well. Understandably, my superiors are a little scared of what this means. We are hoping to have assistance from the Alliance in dealing with this, if it isn't too much to ask."

There was a moment of silence, "Dear God." There was a sudden sense of fear, in Ms. Wray's voice. "Anat, d-did you just say... She's alive?" She paused, clearing her throat, "Less pleasant, is.. an understatement.. You have to understand, Major, that the Goa'uld- Were nothing short, of being truly, evil. They saw themselves as gods and acted as such. The Goa'uld enslaved vast amounts of human populations, they had taken from Earth several millennia ago and scattered across the known Galaxy. Anat, was.. Different, however. She was once a top, Goa'uld scientist. Then she began genetic experiments on both humans and her own kind, experiments which, even the Goa'uld found atrocious and horrifying. We had thought, that Anat had been killed by another Goa'uld, named Ra, several years ago.. But, if what you say is true.."

She paused again, for a few minutes this time. "I cannot promise you, that the Alliance will assist your people, against Anat or otherwise. Ultimately, it is a decision made by our President, communally with the IOA and Alliance military.. And, while you have gained good faith with us, our trust is something, you cannot win overnight." Ms. Wray sighed, "Three ships, are being dispatched to the coordinates provided. There will be an envoy aboard, to further diplomatic relations, between our nations- Hopefully in person. They should arrive, within the hour."

"Understood, Miss Wray. We can understand if you do not wish to help, we just figured letting you know that we encountered something would be helpful." Alighieri knew it was something rough to drop on their lap so quickly in this relationship, but he figured now would be the time to do it. "I have more to ask, but I will leave it until a further discussion. Like we still have to, I would imagine that reactionary talks and planning are in order for your people. On a lighter note, those representatives will be met with a happy smile and lots of celebration. I must ask though, is it too much to ask for advice on how to treat the discovery of a new race from you? I feel like we don't quite have the plans necessary for the revelation that Earth actually exists." Alighieri would ask, hoping to get just a little bit of advice to relay to Martinez before going to meet the envoys.

The fact that they would be here within the hour spoke volumes about their technological advances over the ECNF, so he was on one side excited but the other concerned.

Ms. Wray hemmed and was quiet for a moment, no doubt pondering upon the Major's question. She then took a breath, and answered, "As I do not know anything, about your government, culture or people- It would be rather difficult, for me to offer any advise on the matter. When Earth first faced this issue, it's many countries hadn't yet united, to form the Sol Systems Alliance. A single country, had developed the means of interstellar travel and had encountered alien civilization. Thus, I believe it would hardly be fair to you, for me to draw up comparisons, to how Earth dealt with the issue."

"Ah, I see. Thank you for the advice nonetheless. It has been a pleasure, and I hope we have many more pleasant conversations in the future. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll even bring drinks?" Alighieri laughed somewhat, counting on the fact that humans would have had a taste for drinking. They had some here on Domus... Alighieri was taking some liberties.

He would await her response, and then make the customary "goodbye" dialogue and prep for the envoys to arrive in New Sol.

There was a slight, dry chuckle. "Yes, well. We shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves, this is, after all- Only the first, official diplomatic meeting, of our people. It has been a pleasure, making your acquaintance, Major Alghieri, and I look forward to the report, of our envoy."

With the exchange of goodbyes, the connection was terminated.

Static fills the speakers in one of the offices of the ECNF diplomatic center. "This is the Sol Systems Alliance, calling the Celestial Naval Forces. Relaying the following message, message begins; Request time and place of PPT meeting. End of message."

"This is the ECNF Diplomatic Center," Alighieri would say in an almost instant reply, "Calling the Sol Systems Alliance. Relaying the following message, message begins: We will be able to have the meeting in two places: New Sol, or Congressum, within the next week. You may pick at your disclosure, and we will meet you there. End of Message."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back