Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered ~ Class MN-106

De'kiral sighed, sitting in his chair as he closed his eyes and tapped his fingers against one of his crossed legs. He already watered all the plants in the room, and the blue spirit-fox was curled up on his shoulders. It was weightless, so it didn't bother him, but it was being clingy today. It could tell that he was a little stressed out, nervous about the first day. This was bound to be interesting. No more going to the cafeteria without Ariella's sister nearby. He sighed heavily, leaning back in his chair.

The week was eventful. They lost a few teachers since they'd be too valuable in the efforts against whatever the Occard bastards were planning... He was honestly a little frustrated that he wasn't out with them. He was very well suited for the job. He was effectively agressive and violent when he needed to be. He was hard to hurt. It was great! But no. He had to watch the more monsterous of the students.

He shook his head and watched for whoever would come in first thinking to himself, I shouldn't be so negative. These kids need whomever fits them best, and that happens to be me. The future of the world, and all that. He looked out the new windows that the maintenance people had to install. They had a busy week too. He chuckled, smiling inwardly. Whatever store the school got their glass from sure had one heck of a purchase. That was for sure. Nearly every damned window except for the super reinforced gym ones exploded. They needed tougher windows.

(Short, but gosh darn it I needed to get it out!)

Last edited:
~Elizar Rolonk~​

This is it. Elizar had gotten into Astrella's with little to no trouble. Despite the rather brutal entrance exam and the attack on the first day, she wanted to stay. A superhero was an ambitious title, especially with her flimsy plants, but she figured that she could at least be of some help. A doctor, she thought to herself, Phytotherapy maybe? It didn't really matter; after all, she still had plenty of time to decide what she wanted to do with her life. Being a literal wallflower wouldn't get her far, and she might as well use the powers that she had been given...

Adjusting her satchel, Elizar timidly opened the door to her class. MN-106. She hoped that the people here would be nice. She didn't mind if they didn't want to be friends, but Elizar really didn't want to be bullied. Glancing around, she was awed. Plants! In her eyes, they seemed to shake their leaves happily in her presence. Smiling widely, Elizar brushed her fingers gently along a nearby plant. Beautiful... Realizing that she had gotten distracted, Elizar's attention snapped back to the rest of the classroom. Where is everyone? The room was void of life, save for the botanical life and the teacher himself. Her mouth opened up in a little 'o' of surprise before she began fumbling with her satchel. Where is-ah!

Taking out a portable white board, she brought out a marker to scribble out a messily written, Good morning! Offering the teacher a small smile and a quick wave, she erased the board and wrote, I'm Elizar Rolonk. I'm mute so I'll be using this board to talk. Lifting the board up again to face the teacher, the girl felt her palms sweat a little out of nervousness. The more she looked at the teacher, the more intimidating he seemed. Is he a demon? Biting her lip a little bit, she felt ashamed. Just because someone has wings and horns doesn't mean they're a demon. Feeling the weight of her own horns as her wings fluttered slightly, she still couldn't stop herself from getting more anxious. Can he read minds? I hope he didn't hear that.

~De'kiral~​
The dragon man looked up as the door opened, watching the girl absolutely beam at the amount of plants in the room. Had she not been in the tour? Perhaps she got here later. There were always stragglers who couldn't make it for one reason or another. Perhaps that was actually best in this case, what with the explosions and the whole scare.

She finally seemed to notice his presence, and he smirked slightly at her surprise, though he was also surprised that she brought out a little board instead of speaking. He nodded a bit, signing using ASL as he spoke, just in case, "[Are you deaf as well, or only mute?]" He paused, thinking for a moment. {I can also speak to you like this, if you'd prefer,} he spoke into her mind, {I'm draconic, and speaking when in my full dragon form is rather difficult... or... human tongues are difficult, anyways. I'm rather accustomed to using other forms of communication. Just let me know which you'd prefer. Likely, with other students, you'd still have to use the board. I figure some other methods would be faster. Almost all the teachers and staff should know sign language, and many of them can communicate with you mentally. You'll not be without a way to communicate.}

He stood, walking to the window to look out at the forest, {You're the first in today, but I don't recall you from the tour. Did you arrive late? I'm more than willing to attempt to give you some sort of a tour after classes, likely around lunch, if you'd like. If you've not been able to have a tour yourself.} De'kiral stretched out his wings for a moment before tucking them back up, shaking them lightly, {Luckily you're here now and not a week from now or something like that. There are often people who come in from other schools. It's always a pain to get them up to date. Your timing is much nicer.} He chuckled, {Oh! Right. Right. My name is De'kiral. Whatever honorific you want to use, whatever title, I don't care much. Mister. Professor. Teacher. It makes little difference to me whether you use one or none of them.}

Kyrenka Kyrenka

~Elizar Rolonk~
When the teacher began signing, Elizar was ecstatic. She hadn't assumed that the faculty would know ASL, especially since most of the doctors back in the city hadn't known it. She figured that the faculty here would've been too busy saving lives or fighting crime to sit down and tackle new languages. The girl jolted a little when the teacher, De'kiral, began...Speaking? Thinking? Does it really matter? When he began speaking to her in her mind. He seemed to be very laid back for a teacher, and he was definitely friendlier than what she was expecting. Relieved, Elizar felt herself relax. She laid her little whiteboard and marker on a nearby desk.

With her newly freed hands, the girl eagerly signed, "[I don't have a preference! You can use whatever you want to talk, I'm just glad you can understand me.]" Without a voice, it was usually a struggle to be heard or understood. Sure she could write, but that usually took too long for meaningful conversations; which meant that people often got bored quickly. Answering De'kiral's questions, Elizar continued, "[I'm not deaf, just mute. You don't have to worry about me not hearing your lessons! My application was also sent in last minute so that's why I came in a little late. I was given a overview of the school but I haven't seen all of the places. If it's not too much trouble I'd love a tour!]" Elizar was nearly faint with excitement. Sure, she never really been a people person, but that was only because it was too hard to express herself to people. Now though, she had a teacher she could talk to! Multiple teachers! They can hear me. Once again, the leaves in the room shook as if they were sharing in her excitement. It would be too much to hope that her classmates could understand sign language, but in that moment she felt a little less alone. Maybe one of them can. If the teachers can sign, why not the students as well?

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Himari Tachimori

Just returning from the tour, Himari followed some of her classmates in returning to the room. After a while, the door opened slowly to reveal a strange girl who entered the room carrying a portable whiteboard. The girl's appearance was fantastical, almost as if she had escaped from books of fairy tales. Her face that she had when she entered the room was like the sun. Himari noticed the plants moving about their leaves, as if they were waving. Her interest was immediately piqued when even the seeds she carries made subtle movements in their packets.

Squint as she may, Himari could barely make out a single word from the girl's board. The chicken-scratches (as Himari's mother would have described it) were a contrast to her opulent appearance. As De'kiral spoke with the girl, Himari couldn't help but daydream scenarios of fairies and dragons. Both very western myths, involved in the types of tales that she liked the most when she was younger. They were like that one story with the Dragon and the Princess, only they spoke with their hands. Himari could only make out a few words in their non-verbal conversation, if only she had paid more attention when the tutor taught her sign language then she would understand and sign quicker. She understood, though, that the girl was just deaf but not mute.

Once she got the opportunity, Himari would want to make friends with Elizar. Her strange affinity for plants may help her to control her powers better. But that's just part of the reason. You see, most students she had met were pretty scary and it is a relief to have a classmate who was the opposite. So she turned to the girl and tried to remember the basic greetings in sign language, "Hello, my name is Himawari", Himari said with her trademark formality which was accompanied with slow gesticulations, "I hope we get along in this course, Miss Elizar!" As Himari was signing slowly, the foilage of the plants near her started growing denser, slowly but visibly. "Oh, and was that your magic just earlier? Making the leaves shake... was quite amazing," Himari asked as she signed, taking care not to be so loud.

Kyrenka Kyrenka Deathkitten Deathkitten
(Finally got the chance to post, whew!)

Boxxy Woodsman
(Jaun Deaux)

Boxxy's small frame slinked into the room, hands behind his back as he gently whistled to himself. The mimic found whistling to be an awkward thing, and had been finding the act rather difficult until rather recently, the specifics movements of his human tongue and mouth bugged him a little, and he'd rather just design a fleshy copy of a real whistle. But that would look FAR too strange.

As he mused on his desire to create something more discreet, he passed by De'kiral. Rather than an amorphous mass of wobbling, shifting flesh, or some odd abomination; Boxxy took on the guise of the small boy he had taken when he entered Dorm 108; an odd, genderless looking small teenager, with meek, soft and feminine features.

His stomach grumbled and roared in complaint as he moved to take his seat, head turning to face De'kiral with a slight bow "It's nice to meet you sir, my name is Jaun Deaux, I hope we get along" A cheery, rosy-cheeked smile erupted onto the young mimics face, his high-pitched, smooth voice rolling from his tongue, as fine as silk.

Ariella

Ariella was not excited to say the least about today. What with the events of last time she had been separated from her sister she feared it would happen again. Still Chiara urged her onward. Burring herself deep into her sisters body as they gave each other one last parting hug before Chiara went off to her class. Leaving Ariella at the doors of hers. Turning and looking to the doors she took a gulp and grabbed the straps of her pink back pack that sat on her shoulders and made her way in. The first thing she saw was De'kiral which made her eyes go down. She felt really bad for what had happened the first day and hopped he did not resent her for what had happened. Slowly she made her way into the room. Avoiding eye contact with the other students as she found the seat she had chosen on the first day. Taking her back pack off and set it by the chair she then climbed into it. Pulling out a notebook and pencil Ariella glanced at De'kiral before quickly looking away once more out of fear he was mad at her still. Despite all the times her sister had told her to not dwell on the subject Ariella couldn't help but do just that.
Deathkitten Deathkitten OnyxReaper OnyxReaper MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Kyrenka Kyrenka

~De'kiral~​
The dragon smiled down at the girl signing, nodding a bit to it. Well at least she wasn't deaf. That was good. It'd make things far more difficult. More kids were walking in now, and another even signed to her, albeit slowly. Good! Someone else she could easily talk to. The teachers were expected to know these sorts of things. God forbid they have to help someone who's deaf or, with the people they deal with, who may not be able to talk in the same way as humans do.

Another kid walked in, and he looked at him with a raised brow. "John Doe? Really...?" he said, somewhat coldly before sighing. Whatever. If that kid had something to hide, it was only his job to report things, not do the research into them. "Alright. Well... I'm sure we'll be getting along fine. Just take a seat wherever."

The girl who caused so much trouble last time walked in finally, and he glanced at her with a silent sigh. He walked up to her before awkwardly placing his hand atop her head, gently speaking, "Hey. Are you alright? Things got so busy after the explosions, I wasn't able to check up on you. I'm sorry the tour went like that. It'll be better now, though. I'll make sure to be more careful."

After that, he walked back to the front of the room, everyone having made their way to the classroom. He tapped the board, pulling the movable thing out and to the front-center. "Alright. Time to get this party started, I guess," he said loudly, smiling as he futzed with a marker, "Okay. I know it can suck... a lot... but we're doing an ice-breaker."

De'kiral turned and wrote everyone's names on the board before turning back to the class, "Alright. The way this is gonna work is that each person will stand up when it's their turn. You'll say your name, what you like to be called, and explain why you're here. What your reasoning is. After that, you pick another name on the board. This will continue until everyone's name is crossed off. Got it? Let's go."

He cleared his throat, "Alright. My name is De'kiral. I like to be called De'kiral. Dragons are rather particular about their names, as we feel our names are a vocal representation of our soul. As for why I am here... I needed a break from hero work. Something to get me motivated again. Teaching the next generation of heroes is one of the best ways to get motivated for the future, in my opinion. Now, I still do hero work when I'm really needed, but generally I've stayed mostly clear of it since before you lot were born. Mind you, less than twenty years to a dragon is akin to the blink of an eye. We have a much longer lifespan, and therefore have an altered sense of time."

He looked at the board and crossed out "Himari", "Alright. You're first, Himari."

MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Edge Of Distortion Edge Of Distortion

~Elizar Rolonk~​

Elizar felt like she was floating. She can sign! She honestly didn't want to get her hopes up about her peers knowing ASL; it was too good to be true! Careful as to not let her excitement affect her signing, Elizar slowly and clearly signed to Himawari, "[Hello Himawari! I hope that we can get along too! You can just call me Elizar.]" Pausing to consider her next words, she continued, "[Do you mean the leaves? Yes that was me. I can't really control it yet.]" Flushing with a bit of embarrassment at the admission, she brought her hands into her chest and fiddled with her fingers; a nervous habit. Another boy slunk in. He seemed small and pretty harmless, she Elizar jumped a little at De'kiral's icy tone. John Doe? Didn't he say his name was Jean? She didn't understand what the strange interaction meant, but it caused her to eye her classmate a little more warily. I hope that he's not a troublemaker... Another student soon entered cautiously. Elizar was startled bu how small she was. She looks so young! The cute pink backpack only emphasized the girlishness of the new arrival. De'kiral walked over and seemed to offer comfort to the obviously anxious child. Poor thing, she probably was shaken up by the attack. Leaving home was hard enough on a child, but that attack probably didn't help with any of the fears the students may have had.

Soon enough, De'kiral made his way to the board and began speaking. Realizing that this was her cue, she claimed the seat that she had laid her whiteboard on. With a hopeful smile, Elizar patted the desk next to her and gestured for Himawari to take it. Visions of giggling and bonding with the girl flashed through her mind. The dark haired girl felt a slight pang in her heart as she withdrew her hand and nervously waited for Himawari's response. Please stay. She wanted a friend so badly, but Himawari seemed so relatable. Not only could she sign, but Elizar had noticed how the plant life in the room seemed to react to the other girl. She understands. Her attention moved from the other girl to De'kiral as he began to talk, but she kept Himawari in her peripheral. De'kiral introduced himself simply and Elizar couldn't help but perk up in interest when he mentioned the significance of names to dragons. Mythology interested her, and she had admittedly studied some once her powers emerged in an attempt to research, but the lore behind the various creatures and species she came across fascinated her. I wonder how much of dragon mythology is fact and how much is fiction... She vaguely wondered if it was culturally insensitive to ask De'kiral directly. She didn't ponder much on this as he called on Himawari to speak next. Excited to learn more about the girl, Elizar turned to face Himawari again and listened closely.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving OnyxReaper OnyxReaper MirrorBoy MirrorBoy

Himari Tachimori

Himari maintained a steady smile as she signed to converse with the girl. Elizar appeared to be very amicable and joyous, especially when Himari started to speak with her. It was a bit difficult, though, for Himari to initiate a conversation. She never took herself to be the shy kind of girl, but being a little bit bashful is par for the course at the first day of class. One of the sources of her worries was that her tone might be a bit too formal. This nature of Himari's tone was influenced by her father's way of speaking. Like a busy businessman exchanging cards, or an esteemed presenter at a seminar. "Then, E-Elizar..." As Himari tried to sound a bit more natural, a young man entered the room. She was a bit distracted by his name which was particularly exotic-sounding for Himari, but she paid no mind the strangely young appearance of her classmate. Another child-like character then entered the scene, with a face more melancholic in contrast with the former. The teacher looked more and more chivalrous as he attended to her.

As soon as she saw the teacher starting to head to the board, Himari looked around to move her things to the seat next to Elizar. Then she realized that it would be easier to just... These wheels on chairs are convenient!, Himari thought which she never would have mustered in her life as she moved the chair nonchalantly. As the teacher's marker squeaked, Himari smiled pleasantly at the girl as she took her seat. When she looked back at the board, Mr. De'kiral had already written the names of everyone in the room. Throughout his explanation of the mechanics, Himari was keeping her hands clasped in anticipation. She never thought that she were to be the first to introduce herself after the teacher. It was quite unexpected, and she steeled herself up with a deep breath before standing up.

Himari cleared her throat as she covered her mouth gently. "Good day, dear classmates," started Himari before bowing a bit. "My name is Himawari Tachimori, it means 'sunflower' in my native land! Oh, but you can call me Himari, for short. As for my reason enrolling here... It was really because my mother urged me to, but I've come to think that being able to help others as a hero might be a wonderful thing." Himari blushed as she was saying this, "though I am a bit inexperienced in using my power, I would like to give it my best."
When she started getting a bit tense she felt a bit of thumping sensation in her chest, but she couldn't tell if it was her heart or the seed packets in her breast pocket. "Thank you, and I look forward to wor- erm, getting to know everybody." She promptly bowed. She then walked to the board and looked at the list of names. She immediately, almost automatically even, thought of giving the floor to Elizar. But she felt it would be a bit too much as she had just offered a little introduction earlier. So, she guided the pen to the foreign-sounding 'John Doe', crossed it out and went back to her seat.

"I hope I wasn't too rigid in my tone..." remarked Himari to her seatmate. It was a regular introduction to be sure, save for the little slip at the end.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Deathkitten Deathkitten

Boxxy Woodsman
(Jaun Deaux)

"Jaun, eesh"

The mimic nodded, taking in the sight of his other classmates. The first thing that struck him was a vague memory of a short while ago, of the small looking girl... Ariella? He remembered her sorta... raging out and robbing the kitchen, which resulted in their wonderful tour guide, who appeard to be this classes teacher, having to go deal with her.

It was something he though of as irritating, glancing once at Ariella before consigning not to waste his time again, he had some strong doubts she would taste good, the ones that could change their bodies were always chewy and rubbery. He was frankly, already missing that succulent meat... ahem... that odd woman he had met in dorm 108.

He listened to Himari, if somewhat absent-mindedly whilst they introduced themselves, he grumbled a little internally as the girl crossed his name off the board, the fleshy shapeshifter had never been a fan of public speaking, private speaking was far better, he could usually snack on someone after that.

Nevertheless, the mimic straightened his bag, trying to hold a stoic position, though purposefully attempting to make it look like he had difficulty.

"Mhmm.... Ah, well, my name is Jaun, Jaun Deaux, it's... a... nice to meet you all, I'm... well, I'm a shapeshifter, I can't like uh... do anything like... uh... crazy or anything, b-but, I can like make my arms go funny and stuff... y'know..." He grumbled "I-I've been trying to learn how to do cool stuff like get wings and change my hair and stuff...." the mimic stepped forward towards the board, eyes skipping over Ariella this time and locking on Elizar for the briefest of moments. She'd do, and the mimic didn't want to give the beast the satisfaction of garnering the malleable monsters attention.

Elizar Rolonk

The mimic promptly set himself back down at his desk, shuffling a little sheepishly as his eyes darted around the classroom, a slight red flush on the mimic's face.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Deathkitten Deathkitten MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
(( Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving If you'd like to change your post slightly, Onyx, to say that Elizar is next to introduce herself, then I think that would be totally fine. If things take too long I'll just skip Ariella for the moment. I'll say she was seeming too shy or something and he wanted to spare her that.))

~Elizar Rolonk~
Uh-oh. Elizar felt her heart flutter uneasily as Jaun's eyes settled on her before he crossed out her name. It was bound to happen eventually. The thought didn't help settle her nerves. The girl glanced desperately at De'kiral before quickly averting her eyes. She had to do this. Alone. De'kiral had been very generous so far, but he wasn't her personal translator. She'd have to get along with her classmates without him. Her gaze flitted to Himari. The girl had been so friendly, and even understood sign language! At the very least, Elizar had one friend. With that in mind, she gathered up some semblance of courage and stood up. Making her way to the board somewhat stiffly, Elizar took a spare marker and carefully wrote on the board. First impressions matter...I need to be legible... Her excitement from before had effected her handwriting, and the last thing she wanted was to be indecipherable. Finished, the girl stepped back to observe her work. Satisfied, she turned to face the class once again and gestured to the words on the board. Hello! My name is Elizar Rolonk and I'm mute. I'm attending Astrella's so that I can learn how to control my powers and maybe one day use them to help people. Please don't be afraid to talk to me, I have a whiteboard so you don't need to know sign language. Fiddling with the marker in her hands, Elizar felt uncertain. Was it too much to add that last sentence? She didn't want to pressure people into talking with her, but she also didn't want them to assume that she couldn't communicate with them. The girl went to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear only to have her hand bump into her horn. She flinched in surprise before adjusting to the still unfamiliar obstacle. Hopefully my appearance doesn't scare anyone off. It was hard enough to make friends when they couldn't understand her, she didn't want to add to her difficulties.

When Elizar felt that she had waited long enough for the class to read the board, she moved over to the list of names. She didn't have much of a choice since there was only one name left, but she dutifully crossed out Ariella's name. Returning the marker gently, she quickly went back to her desk to sit down. Once she was safely in her seat Elizar released a breath of air that she had unconsciously held in. She didn't like the limelight, it made her skin itch and sent her heart into a panic. She was perfectly content with molding into the background. Turning her attention to her last classmate, Ariella, Elizar felt a stab of pity for the young girl. She looks terrified. While Elizar could empathize with the girl, there wasn't much she could do to help. Despite the fact that she didn't have any telepathic powers, Elizar tried her best to send a wave of comfort towards Ariella. Who knew, maybe she was an empath. In any case, it made her feel useful in the face of her classmate's obvious discomfort.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving OnyxReaper OnyxReaper MirrorBoy MirrorBoy

Ariella

Hearing her name was definitely not what she wanted. Looking up shyly to the teacher in a sort of silent plead to move on wards from her. Ariella could only speak by mental communication anyways and even then is only seemed to her at least to work with her sister due to the link they had. Slowly getting down from her seat she walked over to De'kiral and gently tugged at his shirt not wanting to talk. She didn't want people to know what she was. Didn't want them to know she was nothing more than a mindless beast chained back by her sisters powers. Didn't want them to know what she was. Looking up to De'kiral once more she gave him puppy dog eyes and silently pleaded for him to skip over her.
Deathkitten Deathkitten OnyxReaper OnyxReaper MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited by a moderator:
1519809055751-png.406598
Everyone made their rounds introducing themselves, though Ariella did not. No big deal. He patted her head and let it be when it came to her. Informing the class to simply skip over her, as their fellow classmate was particularly shy and nervous. After everyone else had completed the little ice-breaker, however, he spoke up loudly again.

"Good job. We got past that awkwardness. I'm pleased to know that so many of you have a passion for becoming heroes. You're certainly at the right place," he said, standing again, "I want to spend our first day together doing something physical. I don't feel like boring you all with a book right off the bat. With that in mind, we're going to head out to the Western side of the forest."

De'kiral walked over to the door and held it open for his students. They couldn't go to the other side of the forest right now for... obvious reasons. The explosions were still being investigated. That wasn't going to stop him from getting them outside, though. "Since we're supposed to be a class full of rather nature-inclined individuals, I figure the lot of you wouldn't mind so much having the first class outdoors. We'll be near the theatre."

The walk took a couple minutes, taking the path that led to the theatre before turning North and heading slightly into the forest. It was dense, but wasn't ominous. Another minute or so and there was a small clearing. De'kiral leaned against a tree, "Alright. Much better out here. We have a lot to cover in your time here, and one of the hardest parts is always starting... so let's get going. First of all, I'm certain you all have noticed the sheer amount of plants in the classroom. It's on you lot to take care of them. For the most part, that just means watering them. Occasionally some of them need trimmed. I'll assign each of you a few plants, and part of your grade will be about them still being alive by the end of the semester. This is a good show of responsibility, considering that you'll have to keep a whole lot more than just a few plants alive in this line of work."

"Do you guys know how the hero world works?" he continued, looking around as a few people had unsure looks on their faces, "Alright. Alright. Well... I'm sure you guys have seen the ratings on TV. The media likes to rank supers in a number of categories. It's like a game to them. They rank us on our raw power, the visibility of our powers, our success to failure ratio, our out of combat reputation, our ranking from Intern to S Class, our political abrasiveness, the amount of property damage we cause, the lethality of our abilities and tactics, our capabilities as a rescuer, and finally, our tenure. This formula varies a bit from company to company, but that's what the most popular uses. It sucks that we have to play a popularity game, but the public likes and supports those that they feel they can trust... as well as enjoy."

De'kiral seemed irritated by that last part, tucking his hands into his pockets, "There are also threat levels from zero to six, and hero classes from intern/apprentice all the way up to the impressive S class. I'm not going to go into those right now because we'll go into that in more depth later on. They also like to separate out heroes into different types. This has to do with our next little exercise..."

He held out his hand, and in a semi-circle around the kids dark green, almost black grass grew up above the surrounding lawn. There were 5 sections labeled with the grass. A, B, C, D, and E. "Alright," he piped up again as the grass finished growing up into the letters, "I want you all to separate yourselves into which group you think fits you best, so listen carefully. Each letter represents a hero function, and I want you to stand on the left of the letter if you are more of a ranged fighter, or on the right if you're more melee."

De'kiral walked forward to stand directly in front of his class, hands tucked into his pockets still, "Group A. Combat oriented. The Tank. The Fighter. There are a number of ways to word this group, and I tend towards videogame or RPG analogies since people tend to understand them. If you were a character in a game, you'd be the sort to hit things hard and directly. The... 'Fighty Beat Em Up'... as a number of my more energetic coworkers might call them."

"Group B. Going with the same theme as my energetic coworkers, I've heard this referred to as the 'Healie Feelie MacRecoveryFellow/Epic Travel Agents of Awesomeness'. Ridiculous if you ask me, but if it gets the point across better than I suppose I continue with the trend. As the silly name implies, these are heroes that have a strong focus on healing people. The cleric. The healer. The medic. Whatever you want to call them."

"Group C. We're halfway there. Silly name would be 'Swooshy Rescue Dood'. Again, as the name implies, this covers heroes that are rescue-centric. They spend a great deal of their active time helping other heroes by getting innocents out of the way so the 'fighter' can fight freely."

"Group D. 'Sneak Sneakerton McReconGuy'. This is a function that has a lot more application in the military sector rather than in the private, but still relevant nonetheless. They are the spy. The scout. The undercover worker. Often times they have some kind of shapeshifting or disguising ability. They work to out villians' hideouts, who they work with or for, what their plans are, etc. In a lot of ways they're the brain behind the brawn."

"And last but not least group E. 'Crafty McguiverStein'. The bard. The rogue. The jack of all trades. The mcguiver, as the joke name states. They have a trick up their sleeve at almost all times and want to be prepared for every eventuality. They might be more of a healer or more of a fighter, or even more of a scout, but they function best as some kind of utility. I don't like the term sidekick, since heroes work to aid each other all the time... but they tend to be an incredible help. They work best in a group if they aren't going for the batman aesthetic. A lot of the time as well, the super-intelligent tend to be categorized into this grouping."

He sighed, finishing his long-winded explanation, "Alright. Go. Remember. Ranged preference on the left. Melee on right. I want to see what the breakdown of our class is like."

(( Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving OnyxReaper OnyxReaper MirrorBoy MirrorBoy ))

Boxxy Woodsman
(Jaun Deaux)

Boxxy followed on after De'kiral with no complaint. The mimic kept his hand in his jacket pocket as he walked after them, discreetly changing the shape of his hand through a number of different shapes and rather lumpy and uneven sculptures of himself; those around him wouldn't notice a thing, besides the occasional, sharp crack of a bone being cracked and reformed.

By the time they arrived, Jaun (Formely Known As Boxxy) had begun to even out a few of the imperfections in his hand-sculptures, though they could still, with decisive certainty be described as ugly.

Boxxy watched De'kiral's black grass sprout from the floor, and listened carefully to the teacher's words, though the creature certainly didn't hang on his every word; his inaudibly rumbling abyss of a stomach ensured that his main focus was still set on an upcoming meal.

The mimic paused for a moment, eyes gazing over each of the spots of black grass. He was the first to move, sneaker's sole's pushed off the dirt and moving him forwards until his feet settled on the left side of 'C'. Another pause.

Flesh swelled and shifted into three long, waving tentacles that rose from his back and revealed themselves as they crawled from the collar of his shirt, gently pushing his flopped hood aside. The tentacles coiled together for a second before springing outwards, three fleshy tips squelched on the left sides of 'A', 'D' and 'E', though as swiftly as they sprang forth, they retreated backwards, tentacles melding away back into the rest of Boxxy's malleable flesh. The boy-monster simple turned to De'kiral and shrugged his shoulders gently "I'm... not too sure what I can count as... Though I know I'd rather rescue people..."

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Deathkitten Deathkitten MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Kyrenka Kyrenka

~Elizar Rolonk~​

Elizar perked up as soon as De'kiral made his was to the door and announced that they would have an outdoor class. Although the classroom was filled with plants it wasn't the same as the wild and free energy that the outdoors exuded. Feeling light, Elizar excitedly trailed behind De'kiral. The only thing that bothered her were the occasional CRACK sounds coming from Jaun. She noticed his hands shifting in his pockets. Is he cracking his knuckles? She had never had the urge herself, so the occasional loud cracking of bones made her flinch. It sounds like it should hurt...

After walking some distance through the trees the class finally arrived to a clearing. De'kiral, despite his displeasure, detailed the different categories they would be put in. Elizar felt anxiety bubble to the surface once more. She hadn't really given it much thought as to what she would do. She had hoped that maybe she could use her powers in civilian roles. Like help grow plants for medicine or find cures for poisons that villains might use against heroes. Do villains even use poison? Elizar suddenly felt her cheeks heat up. Maybe that was a bit naive of me... The girl's attention was draw to Jaun once more when he stepped forward and produced...tentacles? The dark haired girl blinked in surprise; where on Earth had he been hiding those?

Despite the somewhat startling development, Elizar felt relieved that he wasn't too confident in where he belonged either. Turning her attention inwards, the mute felt the life around her thrum with power. While her powers were probably most suited for fighting and could definitely be harnessed into a powerful force, Elizar didn't have the will of a fighter. She wasn't going to sugarcoat it, she was terrified. Heroes die on the battlefield all the time. One slip up, one mistake, one moment of hesitation and she was dead. Or worse, she thought numbly, someone else. The thought of accidentally killing someone sent a shiver up her spine. No, I'm not a fighter. However, she wasn't much of a healer either. Sure plants can make medicine and remedies, but it wasn't an instant process; and she got the feeling that instant healing was more valuable in battle. So that would mean...

Staring at the letter C, she considered her potential future. Rescuing isn't hard. I can make some barriers and help the real fighters. Perking up, Elizar continued her train of thought. I could even practice making medicine with my plants! Like maybe salves for burn victims! Feeling some confidence return, Elizar carefully approached the giant C and Jaun. What did De'kiral say about sides again? Left for range? She'd never been a fight before, but she figured that she would want to keep her enemy at a distance. Keeping to the left of the C, she eyed De'kiral nervously for his approval.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving MirrorBoy MirrorBoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back