Experiences Ask A Counselor

AdrianS

I Saw Seven Birds
(in-training, technically I'm still working towards my license)

There's an amazing person in this forum answering medical questions as a nursing student, so I figured I'd make some of my knowledge about mental health and the related services available. It's actually decent review for me as well.

MY COMPETENCY: I am from the United States, so my knowledge is limited to practices in the US, and I was educated in the midwest (Minnesota and Wisconsin specifically) so there may be regional differences, and I will do my best to specify when something is applicable only in certain areas. I have a graduate degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, which means I have less knowledge about school counselors. I may be able to answer some questions, since my program had students from each degree sharing some classes. I completed my internship at a sex offender treatment clinic, so sexual disorders are a passion area for me, and has given me some slight experience with the legal system/requirements that may go with that. I presently work at a non-profit organization providing services to individuals with schizophrenia & schizoaffective disorder.

As I answer questions, or simply do a writeup about something, I will attempt to archive them on this first page so people can look them up without combing through stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back