• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Ashes to Ashes (Apocalypse World)

Cassia (@DreamingofRoses),

Last drops the knife.

Then, she backs off calmly, hands where you can see them.

She asks what now?

There's an evil glint in her eye, but you're in control.

What do you say back?

Mouse

See, that's the problem with Odessa. No spine. She's too gutless to trust, but that's alright. I don't need a saint, just a set of wheels.

"You just need to get me there. That's your job. What comes next is mine."

I know part of the problem. She does a lot of business over at Dog Head. You can buy most anything there, and it's safer than Market Town. I'd rather be in chains than go in the Mall, if I had to choose. So I try to reassure her.

"Don't worry. There will still be slavers and slaves when I'm done."

Still, the lily-livered wench brings up a good point. Maybe fewer people is better for now. Vickers will get more time to recruit, I'll get more time to plan. Foster won't like it, but if she wants it done faster she can pick up a gun herself.

"How 'bout this. For now, you just take me and Cep. Get those books she likes so much.

"I've no notion of being part of a two person war on the Doghead camp, my time is better spent here in class than bleeding out in the Ash Wastes. I have no intention of buying those books or children either, those are what I want as spoils when this is all done and over. A first pick of the booty, if you will."

THE RABID DOG GETS PUT DOWN MOUSE.

Easy. Easy there.

Odessa though is showcasing the thing about greed we also hate. They like some stability and order. Need it. If they are making out well with that status quo they won't wish to hurt their interests. It all needs to fucking burn down, why can't she see that!? If she just left behind those old machines and wandered the ashen wastes, stripped and barren of any paltry efforts to control it...how does Moon put it? She would be found? Illuminated?

She wouldn't be a problem.

"I will suspend class for today and put them on apprentice work if, and only if, this is a trip to scope out Doghead. Two people, even one as well armed as yourself, cannot take on something of that size. So take your time and take a look around there first."

Mouse

It makes sense. I hate it, but it makes sense.

"Yeah. Scouting only."

I force the words out through clenched teeth. They're not what I want to say. I want to tell them both to fuck off and go put a bullet in someone. I can keep it in check though. Can't get the job done if I'm dead, and I always get the job done.

Besides. Always something worth seeing at Camp Dog Head.

Odessa

"Well looky looky. Seems like we've made some sort of agreement after all" My face perks up noticeably and I look back out at my idling vehicle "but are they gonna get in prowlah too? Why of course they are because I'm the mother-foo-King Odessa and I'm gonna drive again." I look back at them. "Well, I think that settles it. He's right you know."

I'm glad the whole Dog Head thing got settled. People don't realize I've got investments. I come and go and go and come but investments stay behind. That's why I drive and they ride. Why I drive and they all walk. Little people doing little things in little places while Odessa is known all over.

I start out the door and go to the back of Prowlah, banging on the trunk.

"ya hear that you fingerless BITCH. Agahahahaha"

I get in the driver seat, giving the countdown till the car exploded another five minutes and call over to the pair of pedestrians.

"Lets make haste. No reason we can't be civil for our date"

Cassia

I'm tempted to shoot her anyway, but I won't. I tell her to kick the knife towards me and then, "Turn your face to th' wall and put your nose against it. Put your hands flat on the wall above your head and your feet flat on the floor. I see an inch of air, I'll shoot."

If she does as she's told, I'll tear off some of the cloth strips from my 'armor' and make my way towards her to attempt to tie her hands behind her and her feet together before checking on the poor soul on the ground.

There we go. A show of restraint, a degree of control. Instinctual self-preservation. Or just a lie to get compliance, but even Mouse wouldn't be as bold and stupid to go for an attack that outgunned would she?

There wasn't much time to weigh on this, Odessa and her prowlah were ready to go.

I took the time to lock the door though. Not worried about the residents looting the classroom, more concerned with the students vandalizing work they might not want to do. A wooden board hanging by a frayed and greasy string on the door declares the room is open with a wood carving. Flipped onto its other side to let anyone else know that it's closed for the time being.

Chancing the wrath of Odessa I linger for a little bit with Lenora.

"I need to go help Mouse today, but they want to leave now. So I'm putting you in charge of the class for the day. The task for today is extended apprenticeship duty and I will be asking around to make sure it happened. Okay?"

Mouse

I follow Odessa out and get in the passenger side of prowlah. She's all chipper now that she's in the driver's seat. It makes me antsy. I don't like having somebody else in control, 'specially not her. Still, progress is progress.

"I'm ready."

Cep is out there talking to her schoolgirl, so I settle back and try to get comfortable.

Moon / Longinus / Zarani (@Grey / @SephirothSage / @Arlet),

So, what's the call?

You heading over there now?

Together?

Cep / Mouse / Odessa (@DeusExAlice / @Napalm on Toast / @Teh Frixz),

First is first.

You guys could have been reading each other that whole conversation.

I was considering a retro-active roll, but we'll just skip that for now.

I think it'd hurt it more than help.

Cep, Lenora stares up at you a long moment.

She's deciding about something.

Or things.

But, then she nods and wishes you good luck.

The three of you are in the prowlah.

Odessa, did you want to stop to see the others or are you just heading for Dog Head?

Cassia (@DreamingofRoses),

Last kicks the knife to you.

She turns and does as instructed.

You have her bound pretty good.

You check the body.

It's Rufe, from Camp Dog Head.

How do you know this poor bastard?

The Moon's Spawn

"We will go," Moon says, calmly. "I am unconvinced the boy would kidnap anyone."

The hierophant glances sidewise at Longinus, an eerie light to his eyes.

"He has picked up ideas of right and chivalry from somewhere."

Odessa

I wait for the last passenger to punch it. Prowlah digs in with his tires, kicking out dirt and belching up smoke. The good kind though, the kind of dark black smoke that shows he's alive inside. No sickly grey or pale yellow here. A defining ink stain on the wet paper sky.

No, I'm not going to grab the others just yet. There isn't enough room inside and I don't feel like transferring my cargo into Giton. No, we will set off to dog head, my tire's scarring the landscape.

Cassia

I've gone toe-to-toe with this bastard before. In fact, he may have been that guy I was supposed to help deliver that 'cargo' with. Oops. Can't say I'm sorry to see him go but, "So, why did you drag his sorry ass all the way down here to stab him in the neck?"

Lenora swallows whatever thoughts or ideas she was chewing on. It's a good thing, after the work done just a little bit ago I would hate to see it unmade by choking such willful notions out of her.

The others would be cross at the delay as well.

We were delighted to see the backseat was open. The line of sight is a little more restricted than the front seats, but the others were just as interested in watching for a threat as we are. The backseat gave us a nice view of their backs. Just a precautionary advantage should things go sour. The others always seem to jockey for the position of the passenger seat, the defeated cast into the back looking sullen. I do my best to imitate such an expression, casting a sharp glance at Mouse while getting in.

Either way, Odessa wasted no time before roaring off into the wastes. It's only as the gates and walls of our hold roll past that I realize I've come along unarmed.

More or less.

Zarani

I clap my hands and chuckle, showing some cartoon-y amusement to disarm the room as much as I can, “Let's call it an adventure then. Honestly I hope this is a misunderstanding but.. well. Justice is necessary.”

My smile may be a bit more grim than I intend it to be. Maybe.

I look over the group of assholes that Grace brought me and spin my hand in a circle, a sign telling them to move out. I look over my pistol one last time before following after them, just motioning behind me for the other two to follow me.

I frown, the idea of messing up my suit being mildly irritating.

Cep / Mouse / Odessa (@DeusExAlice / @Napalm on Toast / @Teh Frixz),

The roar of the Prowlah becomes almost soothing after awhile.

You're an hour east of Foster's first road.

The dirt is kicking behind you.

It's quiet our here.

And then.

Blitz Boyz

One Bullet Buggy and two Buckshot Bikez.

They race down a hill at your 8 o'clock.

You all can hear them screaming and laughing, firing a few shots at the sky.

As you all know, Blitz Boyz sell off everything they get in a raid.

Even flesh.

They'll be on you in a few moments.

What do you do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Moon / Longinus / Zarani (@Grey / @SephirothSage / @Arlet),

Phillip's shithole.

He's always kept his shack locked tight.

Has a slit in the door he can open and close to see out.

He sees you coming and meets you all outside at the door,

arms crossed.

The door is shut behind him.

He nods to you all as you walk up.

Then asks what's going on.

What do you guys say?

Odessa

Oh good, I was wondering if they'd show today. I had a bad habit of wrecking blitz vehicles just to salvage them later on. They always had the best fluids, very clean and clean burning.

"Hope you all have had your shots!"

I swing the prowlah around and gun right at them. No playing around, no skirting. They aren't the predator here, I'm here to kill. Maybe they'll even recognize it, but nothing wrong with topping off on gas if they don't.

Mouse

Prowlah is anything but a comfortable ride, but even if it was smooth as silk I doubt I'd be able to relax. It's a killin' day and I haven't gotten a chance to indulge yet. Makes me antsy and grumpy, so I try to avoid talking with the others.

Thankfully, some Blitz Boys provide a welcome distraction.

They come gunnin' after us and Odessa shows why she's the best driver around. In no time flat we're roaring right back at 'em. A buggy and two bikes. Now the bikes, they don't worry me coz the Prowlah's got mass on her side, but that buggy is a dangerously big speed bump. I'm not looking forward to getting thrown through a windshield, so I decide to take action.

I lean out the window, holding the mg tight so I don't lose it on a bump. I only take a second to aim, but they're close enough that's all I need. I sight through their windshield at the assholes in the cab and squeeze the trigger in two short bursts, firing half a dozen bullets each time The gun barks loud and kicks hard, but it's just what the doctor ordered. I know I'm smiling like an idiot but I can't stop.

Nothing beats a killin' day.

[dice]11567[/dice]

• Inflict terrible harm
  • Impress, dismay, or frighten the enemy

The Moon's Spawn

"Blessings of Luna upon you," I say, with the appropriate gesture. "I have come to advocate for you, in light of the accusations Longinus and Zarani have come to present."

Cassia

"Alright, let's see what Mr. Malik has to say about this then."

Before I get ready to start walking her out of the corridor, I'm going to do a quick survey of the body to see if he's got anything interesting on him while keeping a weather eye on the prisoner. Then I will walk her to the entrance I came through if nothing goes horribly wrong and call out to Dust to open the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back