Ashen clouds Academy

Darekk

The Homeless Writer
<p>

The fate of this world rests on your shoulders, you are one of the few people granted with powers that still exist within the walls of this academy, long ago there were more, it was a common thing to receive a power and use it to defend mankind against phantoms. However with the years the numbers have dwindled and the few remnants live in secret, trying to protect the peace achieved by their predecessors and to avoid disturbing it, after all, nowadays things like powers are phantoms are fairy tales between the common folk.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
The sun shines lazily over the academy as students make their way towards their respective destinations, it’s the first day of the school year and everyone’s exited (or annoyed to death with classes starting). There’s new and old faces everywhere but it’s safe to say all students are equally curious about what kind of stuff will happen this time, after all by general standards the first day at the Ashen clouds academy is always an interesting one. Student council members can be seen here and there both preventing mischief and provoking it. There’s a different reason why the first day at the academy is so interesting as well, since attendance is mandatory and every student is allowed to do what they want as long as they’re not caught, there’s always interesting sights and stories waiting to be created.

However, this is not the only thing happening this day, dark things stir and wait patiently from the shadows for their chance to strike, infiltrating slowly into the heart of the academy while planning to execute the revenge they have been plotting for more than a hundred years. And while the sun may shine over the academy, a dark shadow slowly creeps under it.

(As of now the roleplay has started, everyone can start posting now)

Shiro would walk along the bunch of students, followed by her little sister Niheko, as she would smile gently and sigh. "I wonder what will I do with Jiseong today... Well, I have to find her first." She'd smirk slightly at her own words, but showing a gracious presence around at the students. She'd then stop for a period of seconds and look up at the sky. "Maybe the Phantoms will appear again soon, then. If there's this many people..." thinking to herself, before proceeding to walk again.

Jiseong

Jiseong, Like normal arrives to school not early and not late but closer to late. She goes and checks into her class knowing what to do on the first day of school due to it being her second year here after the move. After checking in she proceeds, upstairs, to her normal spot on the roof near the railings. Jiseong sat, leaning against the railing listening to her music she didn't realize the students from her classes, or one of her best friends, Nishiyama, a student she tutors, up there talking. Without her knowing of course students were talking about her, how she dressed (out of school) and how she acts. All the students know her because she is not only the Treasurer of the Student Counsel but also the Head of the Ashen High Disciplinary Committee. During Nishi's tutor sessions he sometimes will tell Jiseong what the students were saying, if she is wondering. However she does not care what they say very much and does not let it get to her. These students up there stood in their little group whispering about Jiseong, never to realize Nishi was friends with her. "Shes different, shes quiet and a loner. She doesn't act... like... normal" some people say. Some people even go as far as to gossip and say bad things. Today, the first day of school so there weren't any rumors circulating. The students stayed there for 10 minutes or so and left, Nishi following them. She did want to talk to him, he is one of her best friends of course. However she knew that someone was looking for her and that someone was probably Shiro, along with her younger sister. Jiseong wobbled up and turned around to look out over the entrance of the school to see if she could spot Shiro. She looked around and scanned the school ground for Shiro, as well as making sure there was no trouble. "THERE! Why's she looking up?" Jiseong saw Shiro and started waving, but Shiro looked down and continued into the school. "I wonder if she saw me... or maybe she is ignoring me? I'll just go meet up with her at her homeroom." Jiseong rushed to the stairwell and ran down to the bottom floor heading to Shiro's homeroom. There were so many new faces she didn't recognize and a lot she did. "Wow there is so many new students this year" Jiseong thought as she continued to Shiro's homeroom.​

Walking through the halls of Ashen Cloud, Yukana seemed to be lost but knew exactly where she was. This is her second year here and as the secretary of student council, she knows most of the people in her grade, albeit not liking most of them. Most of her tolerance for anyone outside of student council has been worn down by the countless stupid questions they ask about her and her colleagues and if the council actually does anything. She can't reveal the true purpose of the council so she just simply replies, "We're trying our hardest to make your experience here better than it would be without us." An unrevealing answer while keeping it as true yet bland as possible. Yukana looks at the nearest clock "class is starting soon, better rush" she thought to herself, speed-walking towards her class. Turning through the door and walking through the back of the class, Yukana waited for another student council member, if any happen to be in the same homeroom.

He opened his eyes slowly. Awaking gently to the sight of a building across the courtyard as he peered out his window seat. Head still on his desk the boy closes his eyes again slowly as to pretend he was still asleep, but is awoken in a flash by his instructor's course voice. Ok class. Everyone done reading the poem silently to themselves? The room was filled with silence. Not even a cleared throat or cough. The boy was on the edge of his seat. He knew he was about to get called on. He attempted to lift his head to appear as if he was paying attention, but decided not to at the last second, as it would be too much work. The teacher cleared his throat and began speaking again in his crude voice. Coleman. Lift your head up this instant and read the poem outloud to the class. Than give me your translation. Cas Coleman. Senior. Lazy. But thoughtful and a dreamer. He non reluctantly opens his textbook to page 66 and begins to read the poem without a word. You didn't read it did you? Get to it. Cas didn't hear the instructor though. He had already began reading. Calmly and without a single stutter he read the poem out loud to the class.

The songbirds song was quieting fast

Fading with a sudden everlast

Stirred from calm

To something wrong

She stood alert on branches

Curiosity peaked

With a missing link

Her tone became rushed and course

Shrieking and crying for something that was gone

She gasps in pain

A sudden breeze freezes the heat

Offspring dismembered

Only site a dark figure

Of pain and regret

She collapses

Too dark to make out

Burnt to a crisp

Eyes of pure night and body of pure death

Shrouded it continued to consume

What was left of the mother's something

It's all gone

The teacher looked up at Cas and spoke. Now. Your translation? Be serious. You read it well. Set a good pace for the year. What do you think the author was trying to say with the poem? What direct action transpired? Cas lifted his head and made eye contact with the teacher. He opened his mouth and spoke calmly, but his tone was serious. The mother's children were killed by a Phantom. Upon saying that the bell rang signaling the end of the class. The teacher however was displeased with the boy for his seemingly absurd translation. The class laughed at Cas's words as they took it for a joke, but the instructor was not amused. Coleman. You earned yourself some extra homework. Give me your true translation tomorrow in writing. I want you than to tell me why you made such an absurd joke on the first day of the school year. Poetry is serious. Cas looked up at his instructor, nodded, than left. Not to his next class however. He was tired and disinterested. He decided to go to the one place he can feel at ease. The area Cas had in mind also had a good vantage point of a building he was quite curious of. The building and it's purpose was something all regular students wondered about concerning the academy, especially Cas.

Cas arrived on the roof and instinctively let out a deep sigh of relief. He was so at peace he didn't even care about the bell signaling the start of his next class. He continued to leisurely walk over to the edge of the roof and look out at the other buildings on campus. Calmly Cas sat down, relaxed and merely enjoyed the view. However his peace was disrupted as he noticed there was something up on the roof with him. He tensed up, but slowly turned his head around to see who or what was there. Relieved, he noticed there was a young man on the roof with him. He was laying down in the shade under the overcast. The boy looked official and important. He looked almost like a student council member; however, upon realizing he wasn't a threat to him, Cas continued to peer down at the buildings around him ignoring the sleeping boy. His first sight was the student council building. Large, well decorated, and thought provoking he contemplated its reasoning. I wonder what it's there for. Why is it separated from the rest of the school? Why are the members so strange? Why did the principal suggest I join? The building was the only interesting thing Cas had on his mind at the time, and he intended to figure out it's purpose before graduating from the academy. However, for now, he was tired. Cas laid his head down and tried to forget all his troubles. Very soon, the peaceful location consumed him troubles, and he found himself sound asleep.

A gust of wind lazily stroked the boy's face as he awoke. Tranquil and surreal Cas stood up slowly and was hit again with a gust of wind, this time stronger. It was getting dark and not a single sound could be heard from the academy's campus. Cas yawned and began walking back downstairs towards the direction of his own room. Despite sleeping all day he was still tired, so his bed was beckoning to him.
Cas crossed the courtyard looking in all directions as he approached the living quarters where he calls home, but something wasn't quite right. The wind was gone. Silence crept through even the thickest of walls and completely consumed the boy. Only the feeling of death could reach him. He stopped and stood still. Slowly he turned around to see if anything was behind him... nothing was there.
A single drop of sweat began to form on his face as he turned forward. His eyes widened at the sight of something dark in the distance and his heart began to beat slowly and deeply. He rubbed his eyes to check if he was merely seeing things, but not to his delight... the figure was gone when he opened them. The sweat drop ran down his face slowly, but his heart now was beating much faster.
Cas took a step forward than froze instantly. He felt his sins crawling on his back.

As Shiro walked into her homeroom, she sat at the second desk to the window, looking out from it. She frowned as she felt a familiar-like presence, and as she felt it, she sighed. "This early, huh...?" She said to herself in her head, her left eye letting out a tiny dark flame. "Well, it's not like I can't take care of that thing later. There should be nobody in those dorms because of the time, right...?" She looked up at the clock as she just stood up from her desk and walked to the Student Council building, waiting for the other members as she sat on her chair. "If they can feel that presence, they should be here in no time; It's a problem, though. They're already here on the first day. Well, it's not like this one is that strong."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niheko, as she walked straight to the Student Council building, sat on one of the sofas and let Bubba rest on her shoulder, she sat very comfortably, resting her legs on the table and crossing them, her hands above her head as she ate a breakfast toast, like not giving a single care in the world. "So boring, already the first day and we havin' to deal with these shits, honestly. Not gon' let me enjoy my high school life, are they? And I was eating breakfast too... It was good." She made a face full of regret.

Amano Kei

Kei arrived early that day, walking lazily through the halls he watched the other students with a bored an uninterested stare. Another bothersome year starts, on top of it I got the student vice president stuff this time, what was it again? "Take this chance to make some friends"? God damn it, I just wish the principal could stay out of other people's business from time to time He thought while sighing, After a few minutes of walking around he decided to head towards the roof and sleep until classes started, so turning up the music's volume he slowly walked upstairs.

Once he arrived to his destination he chose a spot right behind the small building-like entrance where the sunlight didn't reach and nobody could see him and set himself down. He kept having the nagging feeling of forgetting something important, but since he couldn't remember no matter how much he tried Kei just dropped the subject since there was the vice president, after all he didn't want to spend energy in useless matters like school council matters And anyways, I wonder what the school council actually do in this academy, they have an awful lot of privileges and to be honest I didn't even see them working through the time I've been in this academy....well, no use wondering about it and I'll probably find out soon enough huh? He thought as his mind drifted slowly towards sleep. He woke up startled as the bell that signaled the first class's end rang throughout the school, his earphones were silent due to his phone being out of power and all he could think was I'm so dead, the only day I couldn't ditch classes and I sleep all the way through first period.....maybe I could ask the nurse to pretend he had been sick and resting at the infirmary Kei thought as he frantically looked for an excuse.

Amano Thea

Thea left the small apartment she shared with her brother in a hurry, her clothes hastily arranged and wearing an oversized sweater that belonged to her brother "I told him to wait for me! Can't believe he just left me behind like that!" Thea yelled as she ran towards the school building in a hurry, It was her first day of high school and she wanted her brother to give her a little tour of the school before classes started, yet he didn't even wake her up and left her behind. I'm so going to kill Kei when I see him she thought with an evil grin all over her face.

Once she arrived she headed to the school council room hoping to find his brother in it or someone who knew where he was just to find the place empty. Knowing him he's just sleeping somewhere with his earphones on, he's so god damn annoying sometimes! She thought while walking towards her classroom. As she arrived and sat down her homeroom teacher walked in and started calling roll, there were a few faces she knew but most were unknown to her, as class started she spaced out reading a book she had brought and basically lazed throughout the entire class, she didn't find physics really interesting and just wanted to go out and practice with her violin on the break. As soon as class ended she left the classroom and headed towards the garden in front of the building, once there Thea sat down, took her violin out of the case and started slowly playing it while forgetting about her surroundings, some students stopped in front of her for a moment to listen but she didn't notice as focused as she was on playing her violin with a small grin on her face, it was times like those where she felt the happiest.

Cas turned around swiftly and his expression turned back to calm and cold the second he laid eyes upon a blond haired girl with light brown eyes. Her hair was long and strait stretching down past her shoulders. Her uniform was pristine, as if it had never been worn before, her smile was wider than the average girl, and she was thin but well developed both upstairs and down. Most likely a senior, but nothing was known about her. Cas, relieved that his worries were nothing more than paranoia released a sigh of relief. The girl opened her mouth the second he finished exhaling. What are you doing wandering around Campus so late? Cas looked up at the unknown girl and a reassuring face that gave her the impression that he knew what he was doing outside. Couldn't the same be said for you?

Yeah I guess. She smiled and giggled. But still...

Cas replied to her. I was on my way to my dorm.

She answered fast I know. This came as a slight shock to Cas, but he ignored it. The girl however got nervous, thinking that Cas might think she was stalking him. She continued. Oh but umm I wasn't... stalking you or anything.

Cas looked at her with a silent strait face. Ok. I guess I'll see you around.

The girl stopped him and began speaking again. It's kind of chilly tonight.

Yeah. It's getting late. Cas seemed disinterested.

No but like it's colder than usual. Wouldn't you agree?

A small gust of wind hit Cas the second the girl said her last sentence. Cas spoke, this time a little worried, but not completely concerned. Yeah. It's kind of ominous... windy.

The girl continued. I came to see if you were ok.

He answered calmly and smoothly. You don't need to worry about me.

Cas looked at the girl for an awquard couple seconds before turning to his dorm room, than stopped. Come to think of it... I have never seen you before. What's your name?

The girl paused for a good 5 seconds before answering but obviously was thinking. Cas didn't notice anything strange about the girl. But her not having a fast response to a simple question puzzled him. It's umm... She pasued another second or two May She than smiled at Cas. Nice to meet you Cas.

Cas smiled awquardly and spoke I don't remember meeting you before. I'm sorry if I have forgotten you.

The girl spoke quickly after Cas finished speaking, but with a slightly deeper tone. I was watching you. From afar. You're interesting Cas. I wonder how truly interesting you are. I am... interested to see. But to do this I need... your assistence.

Cas felt like he was being pranked but went along with it. Hmm.?

The girl spoke. There's something else I'm interested with at this school Cas. I know you can help me. You're concerned about it as well. I can tell.

Cas paused for a moment responded with an unsure “What?”

The student council, what else? I'm suspicious of their activities. I don't think they're doing... normal things. And I don't think they're making... normal decisions.

Cas's curiosity was peaked. What makes you think that?

The girl seemed pleased with his response. I can't talk now. I need to go. But... meet me tomorrow at lunch on the rooftop you slept on today. All your answers will be found with me there. See you later Cas! She seemed excited and skipped away joyfully humming an unfamiliar tune.

Cas wanted to say something to her so that they could talk longer, but only managed to mutter What year are you?

Senior. She paused for a moment but quickly rebounded. See you tomorrow! And with that their conversation had ended. The girl was very pretty, and was the same year as Cas. He was obviously in a good mood, but also was fairly confused. How does she know me? Why did she know I was sleeping on the roof today? Cas walked to his room and fell down on his bed. It was only 9:00pm but he wanted to get to sleep even more than he did before. He was looking forward for the next day when he could see May again. All Cas could do as he lay in his bed was think to himself What a strange girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back