Artifact Starmetal Sai

Forn Clakes

ECR Refugee
I've used the artifact creation rules from Savant & Sorcerer to create a pair of artifact starmetal sai for an ST character in my current story, a Chosen of Saturn Sidereal who has learnt some of the Ebon Shadow style.

Well, this is my first artifact creation so I was looking for some C&C on whether it is too powerful or underated, etc.

Thanks in advance   :)

Saturn's Gentle Caress

Description

Crafted during the First Age, near the end of the Solar's rule, by an Eclipse Caste named Blossoming Wildfire for his most trusted friend, and occasional companion; Fallen Comet, a Sidereal, Chosen of Saturn and long-time exponent and master of the Ebon Shadow style.  But when the Solars were ambushed, Blossoming Wildfire managed to escape, and headed back to seek support. What he found was his estate in ruin, and a legion of his most trusted Terrestrial lieutenants baying for his blood.  Fighting for his life, Blossoming Wildfire knew his estate like no other, and found a comfortable position to defend from, using his Orichalcum longbow with deadly precision and efficiency.  Yet, there was one other who knew the Eclipse's property, for it was her task to know, and had been for many years.  As Blossoming Wildfire rained golden arrows upon the Dragon-Blooded host, and the day turned to dusk, the shadows grew long, one forming behind him.  Two blades, both glittering like stars through the black shadows, shot from the gloom and pierced through the spine of the Solar, penetrating through his chest and stomach, cutting the string on his bow.  Attached to the base of the Starmetal blades were thin chains that drew back to the shadow, and as the blood of the Solar leaked from his dying body, it stained the chains crimson, all the way up to the hilt, which was being held gently by Fallen Comet.  As Blossoming Wildfire tried to speak, the blades and chains retracted to the hilt, and the Sidereal assassin stepped back through the shadow, leaving her mark to the Terrestrial lapdogs.

Mechanics

Saturn's Gentle Caress take the form of a pair of sai, slightly larger than the norm, with a single Hearthstone setting in the hilt of one of the sai.  Crafted from an alloy of Starmetal and steel, this artifact is also capable of firing the blades up to 20 yards away, but they cannot be used as a grappling hook, just as a ranged attack, and once fired out, thet reflexively return to the hilt without need of an action.  The cost to attune the blades cost 3 motes per sai.

Statistics (using Power Combat)

Speed +2, Accuracy +3, Damage +2L, Defence +3, Rate 6

Artifact Traits

Power 2, Usefulness 3, Game Impact 2, Script Immunity 3

Drawback 3 (Essence 2, Notoriety 1)

Overall artifact level 3

Cheers, once again.

~FC.

Your artifact did not make it to Lore 5. Please try again so I can approve it for public viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back