Artifact maintenance rules

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
Maybe I'm dense or something, but I can't make any sense out of them.

As far as I can tell, the Ability prereqs, Resources cost, and time required are all the same as to Repair? And the maintenance intervals are as printed when they are given, and... ? ... when they're not?

Correct, the ability prereqs, time required, and resource cost for maintenance are what it would be on the repair rating chart. Remember that repair rating encompasses both repair, and maintenance, of the artifacts in question.

Also, there is one fundamental difference in repair and maintenance. As long as the person doing the repairs has sufficient ability, time, and resources, they are automatically successful (Wonders of the lost age, pg 6).

I have been unable to find an answer for what an objects maintenance requirements are when it is not specifically listed. I would rule that such objects still require maintenance (they have a repair rating after all) but only require infrequent maintenance (maybe once a season for lower artifacts, once a month for mid range, and every other week for higher dot artifacts). That, however, is my own ruling - so use your own discretion.

I will skim through Oaedonals codex because I know they have rules in there as well, hopefully just for creation and not repair/maintenance, to ensure that I am correct. Thanks for posting this and getting me curious, it's been a long time, and I have a new player joining who wants to play a twilight, so this refresher will come in handy for me. :D

Regular artifacts (non magitech that do not have a repair rating) have their own table, it looks *similar* to the repair rating table, but doesn't look quite identical, and I am too lazy to cross check them. (sorry)

You can find that table and the mechanics for repairing non-magitech artifacts in Oaedonals codex pp.19-30.

Hope that helps a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back