• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

"Art never expresses anything but itself"

SlowInfect

The madness creeps in
Hello again! (The quote in the title is by Oscar Wilde)

Sorry I haven't been here for a while but life gets busy. With the big update, I figure it's time to start fresh again. In that time-frame, I've improved quite a bit. Now my old art can rot away unremembered. Don't worry, it's better this way.

Anyway, we'll start with a self portrait so you can all know what my ugly mug looks like. (Don't take the self deprecation seriously.)

Self Portrait final.jpg

Secondly comes a still life, because that's what artists are supposed to draw-- right? (p.s. I killed a man for that skull)

Still Life color.jpg

I'll post as often as I finish drawings, but school and work keeps me busy. I hope everyone enjoys them as they come.

These are superb! Great work. 

And I love Oscar Wilde.  ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ambela

Thank you. I really owe it to rigorous drawing courses of late. Though I was always steadily improving, my current professor has expedited the process.

He's phenomenal isn't he? The Irish temper pairs excellently with dry English wit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh wow, i like the soft shading in your self-portrait. I know some people may perfer a sharper contrast in a blavk and white drawings (understandable), but i like the softness in that one. But what I really like is the texture in the second one! Wow wee! And the colour choices is excellent also. The moid of that pic is well placed.

Looks great :3

No. You look great.

tumblr_mbp5mlZvcD1rgjyueo1_500.gif

Nice work.
It's amazing when a teacher can help with a break-through, isn't it?

Thank you. It really is. I've never seen a professor offer such constructive criticism to students in every skill level. He's a very talented artist as well. You should check him out.

Ryan Wood-- https://www.instagram.com/woodyart/

Ohhh wow, i like the soft shading in your self-portrait. I know some people may perfer a sharper contrast in a blavk and white drawings (understandable), but i like the softness in that one. But what I really like is the texture in the second one! Wow wee! And the colour choices is excellent also. The moid of that pic is well placed.

Yeah. Dramatic light is very popular in photography and drawing-- for good reasons. People like to get wrapped up in the excitement of it. However, I feel softer pieces are very understated.

Thank you though. I'm not certain if you're referring to the object textures or the brush texture, but I appreciate it either way. Both took some toying with to achieve the desired effect. 

@Onyx Energy Thanks. I definitely plan on continuing and I don't intend to stop until I have a full-time art career.

Well, over the last while, I had to replace my drawing tablet. As of such, this next one was a bit rushed-- but I thought I'd share anyways.

tumblr_of7rd6GLQX1tksaupo1_1280.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back