Anime & Manga Armed Girl's Machiavellism

Silver Wolf

Something Random
I heard about it. It sounded like a fascinating plot. However, when I ended up watching it I realized the first episode was phenomenal. I usually go into plots open minded because as some anime have shown us (Assassination Classroom) we can have out there and silly plots be amazing.

"The Private Aichi Symbiosis Academy was originally a high school for high-class girls. When it became co-ed, the girls, out of fear, asked to be permitted to bring weapons to school. When that was enforced, a five-member vigilante corps-like organization called the "Supreme Five Swords" was also formed.

After many generations, the five swords eventually became a group which corrected problematic students, and the academy started proactively accepting such students in order to correct them.

Nomura Fudou was sent to this school after being part of a huge brawl. What will he do when the only options he has after enrolling are being expelled from that school or being corrected the way the rest of the male students there were...by being forced to dress and act like a girl!"

I was taken away by the protagonist the first bad encounter he got. He purposefully looked up a girl's skirt for both a distraction to escape and shits and giggles. My friend and I immediately agreed that this was a breath of fresh air to the dense, flacid, and possibly Asexual main characters that have been plaguing anime. He actively calls the clear heroine cute, they make a few boner jokes, and he even tries to make use of female emotions to work in his advantage. And every stereotypical fan service joke gets rectified and even moves the plot further.

The goal and plot advance every episode, and the cast of characters are so colorful. Because many of your dumb situations regarding our MC getting "close" to the girls only affect 2 of our 5 main heroines (yes, it isn't a harem. It's actually a love triangle.) Each of the Supreme Five Swords seems to have a story, but the writers focus on the ones that matter. Only three characters (not counting protag-kun) get a truly deep backstory, and two are the Supreme Five Swords.

Now...what is the plot one may ask? Well...Nomura has to get a stamp on a card from each of the Supreme Five Swords to get permission to leave school grounds. This is his goal. From start to end his goal is to get these stamps by confronting each of the Supreme Five Swords. By episode three I thought him beating them would bring in another to make a harem. That was not the case. The third girl has no romantic feelings for him and is rather platonic, and the ones to give their stamps after are as well.

Now regarding the character known as the "Empress" she's a fleshed out character and the only one to leave at the end despite the fact she's more or less dropped until episode nine or so. She provided the show the power to end PERFECTLY. The show is a perfect ending. Everyone gets what they want, and life is good. To boot, there is no filler BS. The OVA is the only piece of mundane life/filler.

Honestly, it was hard to believe this was a manga and not a light novel. I'm placing this one on my manga originated gems up there with Blue Exorcist and Assassination Classroom. This show was phenomenal for me. A breath of fresh air to see that we can expect good shows out of several cliches and goofy plots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back