• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Info Are bdsm roleplays allowed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insajn

Lurker
Hello

I'm new here I found this website through google and wanted to give it a try.

However, I want to make sure that I'm not violating the rules of this site.

So could someone tell me if it's ok to post submission/ domination roleplays ?

If it's indirectly mentioned or implied, I think so.
Sort of like
*closes door*
*opens door 5 minutes later*
We all know what happened, but it doesn't violate site rules.
Any details, though, are explicitly forbidden.

Furthermore, encouraging someone to engage in erotic roleplay off-site is against the rules. This is all in accordance with COPPA, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.

RPNation is a PG-13 site.

This is all laid out in the official site rules.

Basically, in regards to sexual shit, PG-13 or less
In regards to literally everything else in-roleplay, do as you please
and no mods and admins can't see your PMs unless you report them. That's what makes them Private Messages, that they are PRIVATE between you and whoever is involved. Still would recommend you follow site rules.

"While being a PG-13 site and are rather open about roleplay content, we do not permit any erotic content....."

That is from the updated welcome message from staff sent out on March 10, 2017. I included the site rules because the OP seemed not to have even peeked at them.

Here is a screenshot of the welcome message.
IMG_5604.PNG

Even if this has changed, why are you all harping on me for that minor detail? I just want to make sure the message is passed along that this is NOT that kind of site. Especially because there are lots of minors on this site. PG-13 or no, please make sure you are doing your part to be informed about the rules regarding what is appropriate in your content and passing that along to others. Make it very clear to adults and minors alike. There are too many children on the internet being turned into prey C cupidcreep FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Cold Ramen Noodles Cold Ramen Noodles

If they read everything...I would have been warned for some shit that occurred when I was like 5 years younger then.

I've probably mentioned this before, but one time I was in a sexual RP on-site. In PMs. I didn't mean for it to be a sexual RP past PG-13, but apparently, I'm terrible at communicating, so my partner went there, I noped the fuck out, got yelled at by said partner for being terrible at communicating, (fair enough), and then that was all. So yeah.

No one's harping on you. But yoongi and bubblegum, who are a staff and helper, are correct, and you are not. In regards to EROTIC CONTENT, the rule is Pg-13 or less and has been for years

All else, such as gore, etc, they do not care.

Correcting your mistakes is not "harping" on you. Telling you your shoe is untied or you've done a math problem incorrectly is not akin to telling you that you're a terrible person who needs mental help, in the same vein. We are just clarifying :)

Well then sorry everyone. I wasn't really thinking about the other parts of PG-13...because I know I do more gore in certain roleplays...

I was just sharing what I thought was right based on what I had read in that message. That turned out not to be totally correct.

My original point was to make sure OP knew that they can't recruit people to do erotic roleplays off-site, because that is definitely in the rules. That's all I care about achieving in this little venture of ignorance. That was why I was upset at everyone focusing on the secondary detail, because I didn't really care to add that until I saw the argument about it, and I remembered reading in the welcome message......well, anyway.....

Now to go live with the shame of being wrong. *vanishes into oblivion of embarrassment*

That seems to be a typo and will be fixed, we've never been exclusively PG13 for the past decade. We just don't allow Erotic Content.

Well then sorry everyone. I wasn't really thinking about the other parts of PG-13...because I know I do more gore in certain roleplays...

I was just sharing what I thought was right based on what I had read in that message. That turned out not to be totally correct.

My original point was to make sure OP knew that they can't recruit people to do erotic roleplays off-site, because that is definitely in the rules. That's all I care about achieving in this little venture of ignorance. That was why I was upset at everyone focusing on the secondary detail, because I didn't really care to add that until I saw the argument about it, and I remembered reading in the welcome message......well, anyway.....

Now to go live with the shame of being wrong. *vanishes into oblivion of embarrassment*
i'm sorry, i didn't mean to embarrass you or anything. i just wanted to clear up a misunderstanding. i apologise for the confusion that happened regarding that welcome PM, we are looking into it ^^

Ruinel Ruinel There is absolutely no reason at all for you to be embarrassed! You tried to help! Even if you were wrong, that's great! You should feel good about yourself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back