• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community ~*April 2024 Buddy Event!*~

♫ Buddy Center ♫

dc1e3c17-a72d-45ff-81ba-9b37f6f7630d.webp

The professor nodded down to the cat, humming as he took the to buddies and placed them respectively in their spots. He started the process as usual, sparing only a second glance down at Eeriel. "I don't suppose you're made up of mana yourself? You'd be very interesting to study yourself." He mused allowed, before the light of the fusion faded. "Ah, there we are." He stated, picking the newly fused Water/Ice buddy. "Good luck to the both of you!"

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

1713215084390.pngCalliope Dar'Maoro

Pack:
Buddy Balls x10
Bait x1

Buddies:
1713215118884.png
  • Gilgamush F (Earth) HP = 25
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit E
1713215128115.png
  • Umbra F (Shadow) HP = 25
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
1713215138199.png
  • Squapple F (Fire) HP = 25
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
1713215149749.png
  • Patina F (Metal) HP = 25
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F

• Earth Buddy F
  • Fire Buddy F x2
  • Metal Buddy F x3
  • Shadow Buddy F x2

Calliope smiled under her scarf as the Fire Buddy leapt away between jagged rocks. That was her last Ball, there was nothing she could do. So much of the Pocket World was left to explore. She whistled and Patina returned with a triumphant "Fyuuuuu". "Well done, mmhhmm. We will be successful yet, mmhhmm." She recalled her Metal Buddy and clipped her Ball to the belt, turning to return to the Central Zone. "I think it's about time we did a little research, mmhhmm."

Action: Move to Lab and restock

Izuru
Mentions: Moonberry Moonberry

"Okay no... this isn't making the progress I want" uttered the downcast dragonkin. Turters seemed to be having the time of its life while splashing about in its bucket. Feeding it more of the bait that was supposed to be for the other tamers. Izuru sat in front of the bucket and intently watched the little reptile living its best life.
  • x0 Buddy Balls
  • x0 Bait
  • x1 Wind Buddy
  • x1 Lightning Buddy
  • x1 Rhinox
    .Rhinox Vitality E > D
  • x1 Turters
    .Turters Vitality F > E
  • x1 Shadow Buddy

Actions
.Training

1713216937421.pngCalliope Dar'Maoro

Pack:
Buddy Balls x10
Bait x1

Buddies:
1713216972717.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit E
1713216982010.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
1713216990646.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
1713216999249.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F

• Earth Buddy F
  • Fire Buddy F x2
  • Metal Buddy F x2
  • Shadow Buddy F x1

"Hellow, Professor Blanchard, hhhmmm?" Calliope knocked as she stepped into the lab, walking from room to room until she found the professor. "I think I would like to try merging some of the Buddies I caught, mmhhmm. I would like this one" she handed over a Shadow Buddy Ball, "to be merged with this one, mmhhmm." holding out a Metal Buddy Ball. "I am quite interested to see what form they create, mmhhmm." She smiled excitedly as she waited.

Actions: Merge Shadow Buddy (Host) with Metal Buddy

♫ Buddy Center ♫

7e217a50-7483-4211-a370-db8b898a5705.webp

The Professor nodded, looking Calliope with a soft hum. He took the Buddies and went through his proccess. The whir of the mechanics kicking into gear filling the area. Light began to grow, and fade as quickly as you'd noticed it. When it was finally done, the professor reached in and pulled out a small metalic bird like creature. "Indeed ! A most interesting specimen! I look forward to seeing further research from you miss. This is Purrrfect." He chuckled at his own dad joke.

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Marcus Banecroft
Titles:
Human

full

The Ice Zone​

Got you.

The ball sat still on the snow ground containing the local unique entity of the area, and Marcus picked it up. The Ice Buddy was his.

For a brief moment, he walked beneath a tree and leaned on it, shielding himself from a bit of the ambient weather. He took a moment to rest and plan his next move. Snow fell gently onto the frozen landscape -- and Marcus stared peacefully at the scene, allowing himself to ponder his next move. He took a count of his inventory.

I'll give it a try.

He'd traded away his wind buddy for earth, and now he sought another one to replace it with a new one. His odds didn't seem good -- but it was worth a shot to try before he returned to his lab to begin merging and creating new creatures.

Action: Travel to the Fields

Inventory:

Buddy Ball-
4/10
Bait- 1/1
Earth Buddy
Water Buddy
Lightning Buddy
Ice Buddy

Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

Point Booster: Attentive Student E
Titles: Beastfolk, Ilithid, Ryke Nobility F, Helper of Natori
20230926_222425.png

Buddies: Sparkle (Shadow, Intelligence E), Goober (Water), Earth Buddy, Fire Buddy(x2)
Inventory: 7/10 Balls, 1/1 Bait.

"Ah, the... Ice zone. I can tell why" Squink said with a smile, not surprised by all the cold she found. Toughing through it and clutching a ball already in her hand, she prepared herself in hopes of finding something new.
"Just at least one more catch and hopefully I'll be ready to head back to the lab just to check out things I can do. I have a big variety of friends already, one more will help it out lots! Hopefully there's a cute one around here" she spoke to herself, readying to find something brand new.

Actions
Search for a buddy.​

1713217819380.pngCalliope Dar'Maoro

Pack:
Buddy Balls x10
Bait x1

Buddies:
1713217774021.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit E
1713217784135.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
1713217792349.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
1713217803503.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F

• Fire Buddy F x2
  • Metal Buddy F x2
  • Shadow Buddy F x1

Calliope examined the new Buddy, quite taken with it. "Very interesting indeed, mmhhmm. Would you now merge it with this one, hhhmmm?" She handed the Earth Buddy Ball over to the Professor, before turning back to the ShadowMetal Buddy. "I suppose I should give you a name, hhhmmm? Well, all of you came from the Mesa Zone, mmhhmm, so perhaps that is fitting." She rubbed its head gently. "I look forward to working with you, Mesa, mmhhmm."

Action: Merge ShadowMetal Buddy (Host) with Earth Buddy

Mention: Moonberry Moonberry

Last edited:

Marcus Banecroft
Titles:
Human

full

The Field​

Marcus was greeted by the sight of a vast, open field. The grass swayed gently without trees to block out the influence the wind. It seemed only fitting that wind-type would take this place as their home. And it was more temperate than returning to the beach. Which was more than he could say for some of these areas. The lack of any battle made his armor feel like more of a hinderance than a help. But you never know what you can encounter on trips like this. They did speak of a giant buddy before that they did have to defeat.

For now, Marcus would walk through the fields and search for wildlife. He removed his gauntlet at least, and would feel the long grass with a scarred hand.

Action: Searched for Buddy

Inventory:

Buddy Ball-
4/10
Bait- 1/1
Earth Buddy
Water Buddy
Lightning Buddy
Ice Buddy

Aedrianna

Aedrianna glanced around curiously at the strange mechanical devices that littered the lab. She apparently had arrived a little late. But luckily there was a sign, leading to the Door to the Pocket Dimension.
file-4i2i-UCi-CU83-U1-KWULBDdx-FOU2.jpg
She grabbed five buddy balls and a bait, then stepped through. Amazed at first by the sheer world that suddenly existed beyond the door, she couldn't help the moment of awe. She twirled around enjoying the warmth of the artificial sun and humming a tune joyously. It was then that she looked around and saw the field lab and the Proffessor. She blinked tilting her head and nodding towards him, getting the run down quickly. She understood something about traveling to different zones to find "Buddies." That sounded easy enough. She looked down to the large white wolf that stalked at her side. "What do you think Hiruq? Shall we go and find some buddies?"

Items:
Buddy Balls - 5
Bait - 1

Buddies:

Actions: Travel to the Fields

Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

Point Booster: Attentive Student E
Titles: Beastfolk, Ilithid, Ryke Nobility F, Helper of Natori
20230926_222425.png

Buddies: Sparkle (Shadow, Intelligence E), Goober (Water), Earth Buddy, Fire Buddy(x2)
Inventory: 7/10 Balls, 1/1 Bait.

Surprised to see a buddy of the Lightning variety, she was expecting her first encounter to be some sort of common Ice friend. Nevertheless, she wasn't going to turn down a brand new encounter considering it was the first one she found. Getting a good feel of the ball in her hand, she knew this was an opportunity for forgoing rocks since she was looking forward to returning back to the lab after said trip anyway and just wanted to exhaust her ball supply.
"Okay, here we go, hopefully this doesn't take that many! Perhaps I'll go back after getting you" Squink smiled as she readied herself to catch it, hoping this one would prove just as fast to get as the duplicate fire friend was.

Actions
Catch the Lightning buddy.​

Aedrianna

Aedrianna hummed a tune as she and Hiruq trekked across the land towards the grassy fields. She looked around curiously. Enjoying the sight of the little wind creatures drifting across the breeze. And the few twinkling creatures that looked like stars. "Look at all of them Hiruq! How strange and amazing!" She laughed, the sound clear like a bell. It was then that she saw a figure decked in full platemail. She hummed again, moving towards the figure as she continued to search for creatures. Waving one hand out in greeting. "Hello there! Are you doing research for the Professor too?" As she approached, Hiruq flicked his ears, his tail swishing back and forth. One gold eye and one Blue on the figure in silver.

Items:
Buddy Balls - 5
Bait - 1

Buddies:

Actions: Search for buddy.

Maverick Six Maverick Six

Last edited:
Izuru

"Oooh pretty girl... me want to talk- HEY! No splashing me Turters" said Izuru, chastising the little turtle in front of him. A beautiful golden haired girl had just appeared and caught his attention. Izuru had no idea what to say or do but cute girls like that only came along once every so often. Unfortunately by the time he plucked up the courage to say something, she was gone like the wind. Sitting back down and contemplating his life choices. Izuru went back to training Turters.
  • x0 Buddy Balls
  • x0 Bait
  • x1 Wind Buddy
  • x1 Lightning Buddy
  • x1 Rhinox
    .Rhinox Vitality E > D
  • x1 Turters
    .Turters Vitality F > E
  • x1 Shadow Buddy

Actions
.Training

Eeriel

"Ha, If I can be merged then the result would be a perfect creature."

Taking her now enhanced water ice Toortle, Eeriel took out two more balls.

"Next, merge these ones"

Action:
Merging buddy: shadow (host) + lightning (fodder)

Moonberry Moonberry

Inventory
10/10 ball
1/1 bait
Water/Ice buddy
Shadow buddy
Wind buddy
Lightning Buddy

♫ Buddy Center ♫

22c3b410-43cb-4aa7-8a8e-6c6c802d7ac3.webp

The Professor nodded as he turned back around and put the merged buddy in and the unmerged in. The lights began to rise and fall with the drone of the machines. When everything was said and done he turned around again to hand the new buddy back to Eeriel. "Quite cute. Might have a bit more of a bite now."

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Last edited:

Glacier

Buddy Event.png

It seemed that the attempts from before paid off, because this time, Snowbolt hit the icy buddy on the first try.

After a short celebration, the two continued on their way to find more.

Action: Searching for Buddy [Ice Zone]

Balls: 9/10
Bait: 1/1

Buddies:
- Snowbolt
- Ice Buddy

Snowbolt
Snowbolt (Ice, Lightning, Light).png
[Ice]/{Lightning}/{Light}

Strength - F
Precision - F
Intelligence - F
Vitality - F
Speed - D

Marcus Banecroft
Titles:
Human

full

The Fields​

From some distance, Marcus spotted a human figure distantly and what appeared to be the silhouette of a canine. He hummed to himself in a moment's contemplation but opted for now to continue his search dutifully. Still, he was in the same area -- and could hear her jubilant voice off in the distance. But soon that voice had gotten closer.

He stopped in place rather abruptly as he heard her voice directed at him and he turned in place to see it. He could see her much more clearly now. It seemed to be what amounted to a young girl and a large, arctic wolf with heterochromatic eyes. Unlike him, she appeared to be better dressed for the occasion.

"Greetings. While I may not look it, I am indeed looking to assist the professor." The man said, motioning to himself and the rather overkill set he was wearing. It was an ornately designed piece of armor -- though even the layman could tell it was old and had seen better days. It was ripe with scratches, dents and various marks. And it was covered with soot, giving it a dull, blackish grey color. Despite it's age, it was clearly well maintained and clean. It was regularly oiled and not allowed to rust.

"I am I correct in assuming you are as well? How goes the search?" He extended a hand to the wolf. It was bare and unarmored, showing his fair skin tone on one hand and scars like lightning on the other. While one couldn't see his face beneath his beastly helm, his voice and the attempt to pet the wolf might tell a different story from his initial appearance.

"Speaking of which." After the greeting, Marcus turned instinctively towards said set of creatures, floating whimsically on the winds themselves along the grassy fields. He took a brief stance before he pitched the ball, seeking to catch one of the floating, cat-like creatures.

Action: Capture Buddy

Inventory:

Buddy Ball-
3/10
Bait- 1/1
Earth Buddy
Water Buddy
Lightning Buddy
Ice Buddy

♫ Buddy Center ♫

b19e2e84-2fb9-44b3-81e3-fac37959148e.webp

The Professor nodded to Calliope as he took the buddies again and put them in the chambers. Watching the process with his hands behind his back. When it was finished he pulled the creature out and let out a small whistle. "My my, this is a most impressive specimen miss. Good luck!"

Izuru

"Alright, decent effort but maybe the splash to the left was a little much" whispered Izuru while dropping bait into Turters mouth.

• x0 Buddy Balls
  • x0 Bait
  • x1 Wind Buddy
  • x1 Lightning Buddy
  • x1 Rhinox
    .Rhinox Vitality E > D
  • x1 Turters
    .Turters Vitality F > E
  • x1 Shadow Buddy

Actions
.Training

1713226999977.pngCalliope Dar'Maoro

Pack:
Buddy Balls x10
Bait x1

Buddies:
Earth Buddy April 2024 Event.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit E
Shadow Buddy April 2024 Event.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
Fire Buddy April 2024 Event.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
Metal Buddy April 2024 Event.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
ShadowMetalEarth Buddy April 2024 Event.png
  • Mesa F (ShadowMetalEarth) HP = 25
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F

• Fire Buddy F x2
  • Metal Buddy F

"It is incredible, mmhhmm. Truly a remarkable specimen with much potential, mmhhmm." She pulled out another Shadow Buddy and another Metal Buddy. "I am curious how similar forms will vary with a slight alteration, mmhhmm. I would like these two merged again, mmhhmm."

Action: Merge Shadow Buddy (Host) with Metal Buddy

Eeriel

"Nice, it looks awesome."

Eeriel took both of her newly merged buddies. At the same time, she was watching this other trainer and she just got something impressive with shadow metal earth combination.

"I see you also like mashing monster, heh. Wanna trade? I can accept anything other than what I have here."

Eeriel took out her onlynunmerged buddy and showed Calliope a wind buddy.

Action:
Trade offer (wind buddy)

Moonberry Moonberry StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Inventory
10/10 ball
1/1 bait
Water/Ice buddy
Shadow/lightning buddy
Wind buddy

1713227458453.pngCalliope Dar'Maoro

Pack:
Buddy Balls x10
Bait x1

Buddies:
1713227399613.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit E
1713227407995.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
1713227416995.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
1713227428299.png
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F
1713227439188.png
  • Mesa F (ShadowMetalEarth) HP = 25
    • Str F
    • Pre F
    • Int F
    • Spd F
    • Vit F

• Fire Buddy F
  • Metal Buddy F

She looked the newly merged Buddy over and nodded her head. "It is the same I see, mmhhmm. I suspected as much, mmhhmm. So now let us add a bit of difference, mmhhmm." She pulled out a Fire Buddy Ball and handed it to the Professor. "I would like to merge the ShadowMetal with this Fire Buddy now, mmhhmm. Let us see how it changes the result, mmhhmm."

Action: Merge ShadowMetal Buddy (Host) with Fire Buddy

Glacier

Buddy Event.png

The pair quickly encountered another icy buddy; thus began what was becoming a routine, with Glacier tossing a ball to Snowbolt, which would throw it at the buddy.

It was probably weird that Glacier was giving his buddy the ball to throw, but why leave Snowbolt out of it? At least this way it was a team effort, so neither was bored doing nothing; plus, it was a good way to snow his companion that Glacier thought of them both as... somewhat equals.

Action: Catching Ice Buddy [Ice Zone]

Balls: 8/10
Bait: 1/1

Buddies:
- Snowbolt
- Ice Buddy

Snowbolt
Snowbolt (Ice, Lightning, Light).png
[Ice]/{Lightning}/{Light}

Strength - F
Precision - F
Intelligence - F
Vitality - F
Speed - D

♫ Buddy Center ♫

757d1ce5-e979-4523-90fe-03a20c0e4d66.webp

The professor nodded again, taking the buddies and starting the ritual. He placed each one into it's respective chamber, switching flips, and turning knobs. The lights went up, the lights went down. And then the center chamber hissed, as the window ass opened and the buddy was pulled out. "My my here you are. This is a great advancement of the study. You're doing wonderfully miss. Thank you"

Aedrianna

The young woman smiled brightly to the armored man. Watching as he stretched his arm out towards Hiruq. The white wolf stared at the man with an intelligence that expressed deep patience. His ears flicked once, as he lowered his nose toward the mans hand. Sniffing delicately before snorting and flicking his ears in acknowledgement of him. Aedrianna laughed again, looking the armored man over. "My name is Aedrianna. Hiruq and I just arrived. These fields just looked so lovely I thought I could sing to my hearts content out here. Her lips curled up in an excited smile as the little wind buddies drifted across the breeze towards them. She reached up, giggling like a child as her fingers brushed against them. Hiruq stalked a few paces forward, before leaping up in the air and playfully snapping at a few. When the man went up for the pitch, she watched him curiously. After he threw the ball, she clapped her hands together. "Oh! Good pitch friend! We're supposed to catch these guys with the balls. I'd about forgotten..." Her hand went to the pack of balls, pulling one out. Hiruq came striding back to her side, snorting, as she wound up her leg and did her best to imitate the man in armor. Chucking the ball up towards the wind buddies.

Maverick Six Maverick Six

Items:
Buddy Balls - 4
Bait - 1

Buddies:

Actions: Try to catch a wind buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back