apologies

Ixacise

Pull my devil trigger
@Ultraman @solyrflair

I want to apologize for being slow with my excuse being I have classes and I'm focused on doing well in them as my semester just started.

I also want to apologize for the game being perhaps too vague to comfortably work with or appearing as half-baked. It's been a while since I ran a game on a forum and I feel rusty at the whole aspect of writing something up to not only be attractive to prospective players but also detailed enough to convey what we're gonna be doing. I'm more used to doing PnP games either live or on voice chat where I can verbally describe things and hold a conversation regarding the aim of the game as well as details to any setting info. Whereas having to do a write up of stuff feels awkward for me.

So anyways I wanted to a game that was simultaneously simple but had some measure of complexity/ambition.  So the simple part is the basic JRPG set up which has a bunch of well worn cliches and tropes which act as a convenient shorthand in conveying what to expect without having to have any unnecessary writing. The ambitious part is the part where I ask you to make up stuff about your character and then I work with you to make it fit.  This was inspired by the Red Dragon replays that are transcripts of these visual novel writers playing a fantasy game together which was pretty obvious that it catered to making their "cool characters" first and then the setting and mechanics came around them in an attempt to sell a property based off name recognition. In spite of me not liking the people and what they came up with I thought it was cool concept to try as it would spice up the game by featuring player additions to the setting as opposed to the setting being purely the gm's creation. It would also contribute to the characters being integrated with setting since ideally you'd give details that could be used to add further drama as well as gauge interest in certain things you'd want to pursue besides the main objective and make them feel as if they were characters in a series.

So that's why I was vague as hell on the world details since I want to have you guys come up with your character stuff first and then working to come up with something that's tonally appropriate.  And then I can just leisurely fill in the rest of the gaps in the setting details around you guys' stuff and the primary players in the scenario.  I don't believe in doing a massive world-building exposition since it's TL:DR for me and also because I feel that with how slow play by post is that any additional world details beyond what will be interacted with is pretty much superfluous.

So thanks for your cooperation despite the game being dead on arrival. Although I'd be up for rejiggering it to be more intuitive as well as more attractive since it would be a challenging game with two players.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ixacise So, I am confused. Are you bailing on the game? I see a lot of explanation about what you wanted this to be and what you felt wasn't quite right. I was trying to get a tone of the game. I know you were striving for fantasy with some modern touches which I what I was trying to get a feel for how modern and how fantasy. 

But if if you are dropping this, let me know asap

@solyrflair

Nah I was apologizing because I thought the game died due to how quiet it's been and I'm aware that I probably wrote in manner that didn't properly explain things. However I'm wiling to run this but I would like in assistance in what needs to be rewritten to not only be clearer but to also attract more players as I think having only two PCs is a bit lonely for a heroic party of adventurers and I am  reluctant about making a GMPC to fill out the numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back