Other Anyone know any good sci-fi fantasy games?

Fangs9090

Total Video Game Nerd
Supporter
So, I've recently found that I've taken a slight interest in the sci-fi theme and I was wondering if there were any good games out there. Now, just to clarify, I'm not talking about the FPS games were you're just shooting different aliens in different places all the time. I'm looking for more of an adventure game where I can actually choose how I want to fight instead of just being forced to take a gun.

If you like RPGs , Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic and KOTOR II : The Sith Lords are amazing.

If not , get Star Wars : Jedi Knight : Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy. Or really any of the games in the Dark Forces series , since IIRC they're all available for the PC.

I'm familiar with the Star Wars franchise (who isn't?) but I wouldn't exactly call myself a big fan. The only Star Wars game I've played is the Force Unleashed. It was pretty fun though.

Also, I forgot to mention I don't have a gaming PC. Probably should've put that up front. I do have an Xbox 360, a Wii, and a 3DS. And a GameCube if there's any good old games.

I'm familiar with the Star Wars franchise (who isn't?) but I wouldn't exactly call myself a big fan. The only Star Wars game I've played is the Force Unleashed. It was pretty fun though.

Also, I forgot to mention I don't have a gaming PC. Probably should've put that up front. I do have an Xbox 360, a Wii, and a 3DS. And a GameCube if there's any good old games.
Well , all the ones I specifically listed are playable on the 360 (because I can't play PC , so obviously I get my R2-D2 360 to do it) , so you shouldn't have any issues with those four. Also pretty sure some of the Dark Forces stuff came on GameCube in addition to PC , but I can't be certain. And you don't have to be a big fan to play those either - all the background you really need to play them (asides from maybe watching the OT for the Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy games) are in the games themselves to begin with!

Ah, alright. Maybe I'll look into them then. I can't afford to buy anything any time soon, but I'll add them to my list if they sound good.

The Mass Effect series? Granted they use mostly guns, but you have powers, too. Apart from that, I don't think the consoles have a great deal of sci-fi games which aren't shooters in some form. Especially the older platforms. You could try Xenoblade chroniscles, but that leans more towards a JRPG, which I wouldn't class as sci-fi as much. Wii has the metroid games and Machinarium, which is an adventure game.

I'd recommend Shadowrun, but you've stated you don't have a gaming PC. :) It's a great old school RPG though, mixing cyberpunk and fantasy. Shadowrun also exists as a tabletop game, much like D&D. If you're into that stuff.

Final Fantasy XIII for the Xbox 360 has a setting that's basically a marriage between sci-fi and fantasy. Ignore the unnecessary hate it got and try it out—I thought it was a great game.
Fangs9090 Fangs9090

Got to go with Bioshock (and Bioshock 2) if you've never tried them before. The game encourages you to fight with both guns/melee and with plasmids (basically superpowers).
Plus Rapture is a great environment to run around in. It's all 1950/60s science fiction style, an in-depth plot, and available on the 360.

Not sure what else... Terraria is a completely different but still fun game, 2D-platform style but based on building, crafting and survival. As well as having bosses to fight and a potentially huge map to explore.
Starbound is a spiritual successor to it and is more science fiction (you explore different planets), but I don't think it's available on any of the platforms you listed so oh well.

MechanicalHeart MechanicalHeart I've been kinda curious about Xeniblafe Chronicles ever since SSB4 but haven't gotten around to looking it yet. I've also been wanting to get into Metroid, but I'm not sure where to start with that.

Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Mmm...I'm still not sure how I feel about FF, as a series. It's kinda one of those things that I've seen almost everywhere to the point that I'm tired of it without actually knowing much about it.

Blemmigan Blemmigan I've played Bioshock Infinite and it was amazing, so I do really want to try Bioshock and Bioshock 2. And I've also played Terraria and it's one of my favorites. I've heard of Starbound and I'm considering it as well.

Blemmigan Blemmigan I've played Bioshock Infinite and it was amazing, so I do really want to try Bioshock and Bioshock 2. And I've also played Terraria and it's one of my favorites. I've heard of Starbound and I'm considering it as well.

I played Infinite first as I bought it on a whim, but honestly I do prefer the first two. Maybe because I fell in love with Rapture. Or because the first two have a killer bees plasmid, which I insisted on using pretty much all the time. Even though they would target enemies I hadn't noticed and I would have to run like hell to avoiding fighting them all at once ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as I know, Starbound is PC/Mac only at the moment, so I won't go into any more detail do not worry (...I do love it though).

I think that's all I've got- I don't own any consoles at the moment so I am tied to the PC when it comes to the vidya.

I played Infinite first as I bought it on a whim, but honestly I do prefer the first two. Maybe because I fell in love with Rapture. Or because the first two have a killer bees plasmid, which I insisted on using pretty much all the time. Even though they would target enemies I hadn't noticed and I would have to run like hell to avoiding fighting them all at once ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as I know, Starbound is PC/Mac only at the moment, so I won't go into any more detail do not worry (...I do love it though).

I think that's all I've got- I don't own any consoles at the moment so I am tied to the PC when it comes to the vidya.
Alright. Well, if I ever manage to get a gaming PC, I'll keep Starbound in mind.

RimWorld. You can google it, they have a website. I think it's only on PC, so that may be an issue. It doesn't take up much drive though, a simple Mac could play it. It's not a shooter, but it's hard to explain in words so it's better to just see it on Steam if you're interested.

RimWorld. You can google it, they have a website. I think it's only on PC, so that may be an issue. It doesn't take up much drive though, a simple Mac could play it. It's not a shooter, but it's hard to explain in words so it's better to just see it on Steam if you're interested.
Just looked it up. It sounds interesting, so I'll keep it in mind.

I have a Wii and a 3DS.

I'd suggest grabbing Super Metroid on the Wii Shop Channel when you get the chance. You can also get the Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii (good luck getting a physical copy, though).

Last I checked, Nintendo killed the network connection for regular Wii's. There is a store in town though that specializes in old retro games, so I might actually be able to find some physical copies there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back