Chitchat Anyone Else Use Random Songs for Their Characters' Themes?

sukaithemoonlord774

Elder Member
Put simply, using "random songs" are songs that you enjoy playing that may not have any real connection to the actual soundtrack for the film, anime, TV show or whatever that you're into and/or creating an RP and/or fanfiction for. Meaning they are not the actual soundtrack, but rather the soundtrack to your life and what you're creating at the time. Does anyone else do this type of thing? It helps when you don't have money for the soundtrack, just playing music you already have. :) I can't be the only one...

I love connecting songs to different films/animes/games/etc. It creates a whole other meaning to the lyrics and it's pretty fun! You're definitely not alone, friend :D

YES. This thread explains my feeling. I love making playlist(s) for all of my RPs.

All of my RPs get a playlist, there's no exception!

This is partly why I get so bugged when I get dropped after putting effort into a playlist T_T'.

I am sooo happy, I'm not the only one! And if you guys ever want to RP with me, feel free to message me or find one of my threads that appeals to you... I hope all of you have a wonderful late night/early morning; and enjoy your writing playlists! You guys are great!

The Moonlight is a Message of Love,

Sailor Moon Says! ^_^ !!

I don't do fandoms, but I know a lot of good video games with amazing soundtrack (Life is Strange, Ori and the Blind Forest, etc.) and so sometimes I pick up songs for them to use for my characters. I usually don't do theme songs, but if my characters particularly like music I usually include details on what their favorite songs are.

I see, well that's cool. Video games like Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario Brothers (the one my nephew loves...) have some great soundtracks as well. :)

I think I might start doing that lol Because I feel songs can describe the feel of a person. If they are a dark person, heavy metal. If they are bight and friendly person, pop or something xD

That's how I do it, personally. Especially for fanfictions, I enjoy recreating characters or tapping into things about characters that most people who like the fandoms/characters wouldn't normally like and/or appreciate (depending on the person of course, no judgment on anyone; especially people who enjoy the same things I do lolz.); and music is a wonderful way to help me create the atmosphere and channel whatever emotions I want to bring into the characters... So I recommend making a playlist if you want, that just helps you bring emotions and personalities of your characters to life in your mind. ^_^ Sorry for talking so much.

The Moonlight is a Message of Love,

Sailor Moon Says! ^_^ !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back