Anybody here play Smash?

housekat

The flow of time is always cruel
I know there was a thread some time ago about Smash 4 in particular. But that was mainly for sharing friend codes. I want to discuss mains, competitive play, techs, and maybe even upload videos of your sets for critique. So, who do you main? Do you have a secondary? If you keep up with the competitive scene, who is your favorite competitive player? 

I am a Marth main with a slew of random characters that are kind of secondaries. I usually play Marth, but am working on my ZSS, Palutena, Robin, Cloud and Lucina. All of these characters still need A LOT of work to do before I would pull them out when playing in a tournament. (I can't wavebounce or step dash yet RIP me) My favorite players are Mr. E because of his god- tier Marth, Ryo because his Palutena, Ike, and Roy are legendary, and Ally because I genuinely enjoy watching him on stream. Compared to Dabuz's Rosa or Zero's Diddy he feels less slow/ linear. 

*Quietly raises hand*

I am a Rosalina & Luma main (jk).

I main Pikachu, second Robin (Red, yummm...).

I fight for Ma, not glory.

SMASH BROS 4! Second best smash game after brawl(i actually liked the story mode). I actually play on my 3DS cuz i dont own a wiiU. I main Link and samus. I'm trying to add g&w to that list of mains, but hes pretty hard to master, with his wonky airgame and whatnot

Sorry for the late replies. I've been pretty busy the last few days

@TankergearI don't have a Wii U either and play mostly on 3DS. Then again, I usually go over to my friends house and play and they have Wii U. 

I need practice with projectile based characters like Link, so if you ever want to do some 1v1s feel free to PM me! G&W is a pretty foreign character to me. But he's always super fun to watch, especially with Judgement, lol. 

I main Pikachu, second Robin (Red, yummm...).

silently judging bc pikachu

Jk, it's cool. Pikachu is difficult matchup for me though. Projectiles in general are just not my strong suit. 

Dang, @MrNeko i understand lucina and bayonetta, but i consider pac-man as one of the hardest characters, if not the hardest to master. his trampoline can give other players an advantage, his grab has to be perfect, and his fruit cycle(whatever that attack is called, his neutral special) has to be mastered(that includes timing, memorizing order, memorizing what each fruit does, and using all that to your advantage). even his fire hydrant is hard to aim. i never know when and where to drop that thinthing

*slowly raises hand*

I, um, play on 3DS though since I don't have any Wii U.

I'm a Corrin main, along with Marth as well. My secondaries are Lucina, Pikachu, and Robin. I use a lot of the Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters because I'm bias. xD

I think I can say with confidence I'm a decent player, despite the fact I'm not competitive. 

...I get my butt-kicked a lot in For Glory. Yeahhhhh...

Last edited by a moderator:
For me I found Pac man easy to use due to the way he plays. Like sometimes I have to time correctly when I'm above someone to use the fire hydrant. Also the attack and ability that has him eat the pellets is very useful to use when your fighting or falling of the arena.

@Tankergear 

Hello! I play Sm4sh. I main Ness and I secondary, Robin, Corrin, Pit, Toon Link, Lucas, and Villager. I managed to get into the top 12 in a tournament that had 80+ people in it. I was one battle away from battling on the big screen.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas main. Also play a lot of G&W, Wii Fit Trainer, and Cloud. Was big into the Wii U version until recently, ended up giving that to my sister as a housewarming gift. The funny thing about playing a lot of the more uncommon characters is that you can see the moment where your opponent's mind just breaks in For Glory since they don't know how to properly deal with them. I hate to brag but I do consider myself quite good.

Need to dig out my 3DS and see how it plays on this new connection. Missing it.

I play occasionally on the Wii U. I generally main Robin, with Roy as my secondary. Though I like to think that I'm decent at the game, I do tend to get beaten a lot in for glory. 

I only have the 3DS version and I play casually. I don't think I really have a main, just half of the characters that I use a little more often than the other half. And a few I don't use at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back