Video Games Any tips for Don't Starve on Steam?

Belladonna B.

The Skeleton in a Top Hat
I know I've played for 60+ hours, but there's still some stuff I don't know.
So if you could, I need some tips for underground caves and stuff.

Meatballs is your best friend! They are easy to make and cheap too (ingredients wise). I play just the don't starve together, but i think the basic is the same.
  • Explore the edge of the map first for the first 5-7 or 8 days and dont stop keep going at night.
  • Carry enough of the basic items (flint, twigs, grass, wood) with you at all time.
  • If your inventory gets full and you can't drop anything, make a science machine and make a backpack. At this time, if you have enough material to make an alchemy go prototype it so that you may plop that down once you find a place to settle.
  • Gears! You cannot have enough gears! For fridges and ice-fling-o- matics (idk if that's the right name, but yeah! Theyre super useful for summer. Just make sure you set it away from your camp fire.)
  • You can base anywhere you like, just keep in mind that pigs turns werepigs at full moon and beefalos go into rage during mating periods.
  • Fall is the easiest season to start, imo.
This is just the tip of the stuff i think you will find use in. Hope they help!

Oh! Tips for underground. Sorry i got that a bit late...

Hm, i dont have much experience for that part of the world. I only go there to pick light bulbs to make lanterns or a miner's hat. I would guess that a miner's hat be much useful for underground exploration since it keeps your hands free.

The underground is dawn or night all the time so your sanity drains all the time. The mushroom biome is super useful. Green and blue for sanity and red for fillers in crockpot.

Tent is also your best friend for your sanity and also foe your health. It will also takes down your wetness meter (realised that didnt sounded right, pft).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back