Anime & Manga any good anime/manga recommendations?

chesirekitten

Less dead than expected
The title says it all :D

I've watched a lot of anime and am coming up with a blank in terms of what to read/watch next, so I thought I'd ask you guys 

Oh, so many!! Although admittedly I've only recently gotten into anime/manga, but I am so loving it so far. Here's a list of my faves!

Samurai Flamenco - Kind of parodies the superhero genre, but each time you think you have it figured out it changes tone and turns you around again, which I really enjoyed)

Blue Exorcist/Ao no Exorcist - Demons, exorcists, plot twists, characters that are not who they seem... angsty at times but also very funny)

Tokyo Ghoul - This one will rip your heart out and stomp on it repeatedly - really dark and messed up)

Haikyū!! - I haven't actually watched this one, but my sister really loves it. It's a teamwork story about a volleyball team)

Handa-Kun - This is actually the prequel series to another series that I haven't gotten around to reading yet. But this series had me in absolute stitches - so, so funny)

I hope you find at least one of those that you haven't read/watched yet and that you'll enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
What kinds of things do you generally like watching? 

My favorites are

Hoshi no Samidare - college student protagonist, hilarious and heartbreaking at times

Mob Psycho 100 - overpowered psychic middle schooler who is actually such a good kid, comedy, same author as One Punch Man

The Eccentric Family - family of tanuki in modern day kyoto

Also, double rec: 

Samurai Flamenco, it is a wild ride. 

Haikyuu!! which has a lot of good characters and doesn't demonize opponents. 

Blue Exorcist, I just caught up on the manga and I love some of the characters. 

If you want to cry, try Clannad. 

Others I know (that you've probably watched, there's not many): 

Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (follows the manga closer than the above)
Tokyo Ghoul
Ouran High School Host Club

And my favorites, Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate (with the latter following the manga more).

I've gotten a few anime recommendations from a couple friends that I haven't watched yet, so I can't personally vouch for these ones, but I've heard they're good:

Kill La Kill - Apparently really weird but has a badass pair of sisters

Tiger & Bunny - Apparently parodies the superhero genre kind of like Samurai Flamenco and One Punch Man

D Gray Man - I've been informed that if I watch this one I need to remember that the akuma aren't really demons, and neither are the Noah; the Noah are just a sub-species of human with questionable morals, while the akuma are just souls of the dead that are trapped in metal skeletons

Hunter x Hunter - This one's supposed to pretty cute

Your Lie in April. 

Seraph of the End. 

Attack on Titan. 

Ghost Hunt. 

KIZNAIVER (sooo good. It's like an anime version of Sense8 ). 

I honestly don't really watch a whole lot of anime - so sorry if they seem a little shallow. 

Hunter x Hunter - This one's supposed to pretty cute

lmao. I feel like I need to warn for the amount of death. And Hisoka. And the Chimera Ant Arc as a whole but especially the part where some people get eaten by animals. Besides that, it is an incredible anime with so many interesting characters, even/especially the protagonist, but also a lot of side characters. It also has some really wonderful character design.

But still a pretty good anime. 

True

lmao. I feel like I need to warn for the amount of death. And Hisoka. And the Chimera Ant Arc as a whole but especially the part where some people get eaten by animals. Besides that, it is an incredible anime with so many interesting characters, even/especially the protagonist, but also a lot of side characters. It also has some really wonderful character design.

Really?? rofl I was mislead!! Or maybe I just interpreted what my friend was saying wrong, lol?

Well, I mean. Gon and Killua are pretty cute. There's just a lot of other stuff, as well. 

I was obviously not listening very well then, lol, and 'cute' was the only thing I remembered... thank you for correcting my misinformed impression!

I've also been told that I need to watch Avatar the Last Airbender asap and that it's non-negotiable, but I dunno.

Found the rest of the anime/manga recommendation list I'd been given (I had it compiled in like four different places - and no, I am not just taking all the anime recommendations I've gotten and posting them on here because I cannot seem to keep a reliable list anywhere else, why would you think that?):

Fruits Baskets - Kyo is apparently a tortured type of character because of a curse thrust upon him

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Seto Kaiba is apparently an asshole, but "he completely owns this fact about himself" and is an awesome older brother who went through hell and back for his younger brother

Darker than Black - which is apparently heart-renching like Tokyo Ghoul and "you just feel!"

Soul Eater - Death the Kid is apparently hilarious and badass
Of course I mostly only collected information on the characters from these series 'cause my friend was telling me about some of her favorite anime/manga characters, lol.

For manga try corpse party blood covered.

For anime's:

-dagashi kashi

-higurashi no naku koro in

-love hina

-persona 4

-angel beats!

-Toradora

-New game(on going)

-foodwars shokugeki no soma

-durarara/durarax2

-Negima!

-Danganronpa

-Mirai Nikki

-chaika the coffin princess

-fate/stay night

As of late I have become addicted with an anime called MY love STORY, or Ore Monogatari. It's a fluffy romantic comedy, but it's really unusual! It's mainly because of the main character's looks. We are all used to the lanky pretty boys in anime- but this time around they are giving the big guys a chance to shine! I think it's reallyyyyy adorable, so if you guys want to watch an anime that will make you scream and die of cuteness, then this is the one for you. I've watched the anime twice already.  :D  

Kagaku na Yatsura - seinen for adults, funny and has things I like.

i've seen a few people recommending haiykuu and i began watching it yesterday. now i am just hella obsessed. it's always the sport amines that get me bruh. ;-;

totally recommend even though i'm halfway through season one only. 

For manga try corpse party blood covered.

For anime's:

-dagashi kashi

-higurashi no naku koro in

-love hina

-persona 4

-angel beats!

-Toradora

-New game(on going)

-foodwars shokugeki no soma

-durarara/durarax2

-Negima!

-Danganronpa

-Mirai Nikki

-chaika the coffin princess

-fate/stay night

I second Persona, Toradora, and Danganronpa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back