• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Answer by email?

Reid

certified jin guangyao apologist 🧚‍♂️
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I hope this is the right place for this.

I dunno if this is possible, but I figured that there was no harm in throwing it out there.
So for a while I used DreamWidth, I don't know how familiar y'all are with that site but it spawned from LiveJournal so old fashioned blogging where you had your own customized page and everything. One of the features on DreamWidth that I found handy was being able to create a post or answer notifications via email. Like, they give you a special 'address' that you could send your post to and it posts/replies to whatever you indicated. And you could even indicate what tags you wanted by using certain text like set tag: [whatever tag it is] or set mood: [whatever mood it is]

And I was wondering if a similar system could possibly be done on here. At least, for PMs anyway, being able to reply to PMs via email. Like Dreamwidth, having a special address where it shoots your email message to PM.
I have no idea if I explained correctly.
But 🤷

As it stands right now, you can set notifications to send to your email and you can view them that way, but not respond. We do have hopes of being able to respond somewhere on our development list, I believe, but it's kind of on the backburner while we focus on other things. There seems to be a major update coming soonish(tm) to the forum software we use, and we're keeping an eye on that as it has a good many things included that we've been wanting for a while. Hopefully responding to PMs via email is one of them, but if not, we'll definitely keep it on the list to work on.

As it stands right now, you can set notifications to send to your email and you can view them that way, but not respond. We do have hopes of being able to respond somewhere on our development list, I believe, but it's kind of on the backburner while we focus on other things. There seems to be a major update coming soonish(tm) to the forum software we use, and we're keeping an eye on that as it has a good many things included that we've been wanting for a while. Hopefully responding to PMs via email is one of them, but if not, we'll definitely keep it on the list to work on.

Ah, I see. Well, at least it was something that was considered, I suppose. I wasn't sure if that was a thing outside of DW/LJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back