• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Another Day in Paradise || Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Excited

OUTFIT: Come on Barbie let's go party

basics
MENTIONS:

Skylar Not Meat Not Meat

INT:

Alyssa travelbypages travelbypages

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Jenelle Kennedy
Let us be young, let us be wild
until the summer's over
Jenelle was beside herself with glee. It was New Year's Eve, and she and Aly wouldn't be doing the usual kid stuff; their customary sleepover where they watched the ball drop on TV, giggling over which cute boys they'd finally get the guts to talk to this year. No, no, not this year. This year, Jenny would be attending her cool, older cousin’s legendary New Year’s bash. Her very first adult party, and as a full-fledged, certified 18-year-old adult, nobody could stop her. Jenny couldn't have been more ecstatic.

“Alyyy! Come on! This is gonna be the best night ever!!” She squealed, taking Alyssa by the hand to pull her across the lengths of her auntie and uncle’s elegant stone driveway. Of course Jenelle was dragging her best friend with her, even if Aly was less than enthused to be there. Jenny knew her bestie wasn't the most social person in the world, and was more than happy to annoy her out of her comfort zone.

Nerves were starting to set in as the pair lingered on the front stoop in their short, sparkly dresses. “You look amazing,” The redhead assured Aly one last time, an anxious grin spreading across her carefully glossed lips. Music could already be heard booming on the other side of the door before Jenny even threw it open. Forest green eyes were wide with wonder as she surveyed the crowd that seemed to occupy every inch of the sprawling Kennedy residence.

“Let's get something to drink. No! Let's go find Skylar,” She turned to Aly, raising her voice a bit to be heard over some nearby speaker. “She knows everyone.” Jenny giggled, rolling her eyes at her own superfluous statement. “I mean, obviously!”

As the girls slipped through the crowd, Jenny glanced around excitedly, on the lookout for any familiar faces. Unfortunately, the first person she'd recognized would make her stop dead in her tracks with a horrified gasp.

The man’s slim build and dark hair unmistakably, unequivocally belonged to Julian Arrington. The director of Harbor. Her boss. Jenny could feel her face redden, already mortified. How could she have any proper fun, getting good and trashed in her slutty miniskirt, with her boss there? Julian would decide she was actually a complete degenerate, and surely rethink her position as production assistant if he bore witness to that.

There was no way she could leave the party of the century. Nevertheless, Jenny absolutely had to flee the vicinity. She could tell Aly why later. “I'll…be right back,” Jenelle mumbled, turning to jog awkwardly in her heels back the opposite direction. Tossing out apologies as she weaved past party-goers to find somewhere to hide for the moment.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Ill at ease

OUTFIT: Here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT: Alyssa travelbypages travelbypages

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Gavin Casablancas
Some princes don't become kings
Gavin found himself loitering stiffly in the corner while the raucous party raged on around him, trying his best to blend in and look casual. He'd only just arrived, ducking in behind Jesse and his girlfriend, when he made the risky decision to go rogue and flee the company of the only two people he knew at this party.

The couple left him little choice in the matter though, as Gavin could tell they were gearing up for another public fight. So the boy excused himself while they were quietly hissing obscenities at one another, desperate to get away before they made a scene.

Yet after making his escape, Gav was now struggling to come up with a single reason to stay. This type of thing generally wasn't his scene, and playing third wheel to Jesse and Sam wasn't anyone's idea of a fun night. Why did he even come in the first place? At the time, a party seemed like something he ought to embrace over spending another New Year's Eve sitting around his room, missing all the fun. Now though, he couldn't help but wish he was safe at home with his video games.

Scanning the crowd, Gavin did recognize a few locals from around town, a college classmate here and there, some of the Hollywood folks in town for the TV show. He didn’t dare approach any of these people, or attempt to mingle. No way any of them even knew he was, or wanted a thing to do with him. Instead, he busied himself picking at the table full of snacks the hostess had set out for the occasion.

Finally glancing up from the food, blue eyes briefly widened with surprise as Gavin spotted a familiar face. The freshie broke into a bright smile at the sight of the approaching brunette. Alyssa Evermore was a girl he'd gone to school with, been in tons of classes with, seen countless times in the halls as she scurried off to class. Staring stupidly for a moment, his face flushed as he contemplated how great she looked. Sure, Aly was always an attractive girl, but standing before him now, she was far hotter than he even remembered last year.

There wasn't much time to admire her beauty, however, before the brunette did a quick pivot. Though they'd barely spoken a word to each other over four years of high school, Alyssa always seemed nice, and Gavin was just relieved to find somebody he was on a first name basis with. Without thinking, he took off after her as she walked briskly in the opposite direction, watching her glossy corvine locks bounce with every quick step. “Aly!! Hey!” He called out, following.

The girl paused in her tracks, giving the poor nerd a chance to consider Alyssa might’ve already clocked him back there, then took off in an effort to avoid contact. He considered turning tail himself to do the same, but ultimately decided there was just no way to discreetly bolt after trying so hard to get her attention.

Cringing with embarrassment, Gav put on a sheepish smile to greet Alyssa just as she finally turned to face him. “Hey! Um…how's it going? Gavin…” He mumbled, lifting a hand hesitantly to his chest. Any confidence he had that Alyssa might actually remember him fondly was now fully dashed. “From high school?”
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Remi P. Michel

The crowd was exactly what he had expected - a little different than the crowds he hung around with when he was in Atlanta, but somewhat similar to the ones in Athens. Compared to the NFL parties though? Nothing similar at all. Remi was a people watcher mainly because he enjoyed it, but also it allowed him to learn things about people he could use to talk them up. It was how Remi was able to get into many of the beneficial positions he could. He was a charmer, a talker, and it was part of what made him a good actor.

It was part of why this show, Harbor, still felt beneath him. He felt he belonged on broadway or in a Wes Anderson film or Christopher Nolan projected. He knew eventually he could get back there and this was just to kill time until he was able to get back to playing football, though he really couldn't do both.

His hands found a drink he had gotten a few moments ago taking a sip and looking around at the people still. This was his home until filming wrapped or he was cleared to resume football activities, whichever came first.

Outside of the social aspect and the opportunities to make new connections, partying wasn't really Remi's scene. So he decided he would see if he could link up with the only reason he came, Jina, or find someone new to entertain him before making his leave. Yet, before he even had the chance to pull his phone out of his pocket he was greeted with a hey and a hug.

"Oh, hey," he stated gently but of course loud enough for her to hear. He looked her over and took a moment to thank God that she was actually attractive in person. Remi was picky - very picky, which is why despite his ability to get many dates, he'd only had one relationship and that lasted several years.

Finally found you

Were the next words that escaped his new companions mouth. He looked her over for a minute again before he took a deep breath, "I was wondering if you were catfishing me for a second." He readjusted himself to be at an angle where they could talk and be close enough where they didn't have to yell, but the conversation wasn't going to last long enough to matter as she then asked him about the dance.

"Oh yeah, you do owe me a dance," but before she could even respond she was leading him to the dance floor where they began to dance. Though Remi wasn't a professional dancer by any stretch, he was a very solid dancer having to take several dancing classes for previous roles. He smiled as he looked her over again, letting his tongue run across his lips in anticipation.

So are you acting in the show then?

"Yeah my family thought it'd be good to get back into acting until I figure out my NFL career," he spoke loud enough so she could hear, "My agent thought since I've been out of acting for a while this would be a good start...you're from here right? You ever thought about leaving?"

playing...
Control

by AlunaGeorge, Popcaan

Jina ( travelbypages travelbypages )
mentions mentions mentions

º º code by ditto º º

Mick Halstead

Her smile was infectious and he couldn't help but to continue to smile. She was gorgeous, I mean that was admittedly part of his allure to the store. He could tell even from a distance that she was a sweet girl, which was probably his hesitance in every approaching her directly. He was a mess - an alcoholic vet who sometimes woke in the middle of the night to night terrors. Someone carrying a lot of weight on his shoulders that no one else deserved to have to bare with him. Sure, it might have made it sound a little creepy, but he had his reasons.

I've seen you in a few times, you never buy anything though.

He couldn't help but chuckle as he looked at her and away, a little bit embarrassed. Would it be weird if he admitted that he was just drawn to her shop and her, but didn't really know anything about the things he was looking at? That any brief exchange with Sapphire was rudimentary at best.

how will you help the economy by window shopping?

He let out a genuine laugh as he looked her over and gave her a little teasing smirk, "You know I figure the presence of a cop would deter the would be thieves. No lost of profit, economy hums on."

I guess my friend Nico convinced me to come out. I don't know why I agreed, the party, booze, loud music, none of its really my thing.

Yeah that's right - this really didn't seem like her scene. It was part of what attracted him to her how she seemed so peaceful, so at ease, such a far cry from the chaos of this type of party. And that name Nico. Nico...why did it sound familiar? Sure it was a common name...somewhat but....

"Nico? Tiwari? I think I've arrested him before..for possession or something..." Ok. Maybe that was an awkward thing to say, but in fairness he was just doing his job when it happened. Talking to her was so easy though, it was like she brought a sense of warmth and peace to him he could tell her the pin to his card she brought such a trusting energy.

I wanted to watch the fireworks from my Jeep. I guess lonely people gravitate to the next most exciting thing.

Another chuckle escaped his lips. Fireworks huh? She was adorable and he may have let his gaze linger a little too long on her so he switched his gazed to his watch. It was still a while before midnight. So the fireworks were still far off, but he had an idea.

How long are you working for?

He scrunched up his face for a second as he let his mind think about it, "They contracted me until 0400, but if you want I can take you to somewhere quiet around quarter til midnight. It's like ten minutes away. It's the perfect place to watch the fireworks. I mean if that's not weird."

playing...
Another one bites the dust

by Queen

Clover ( travelbypages travelbypages )
mentions Jina

º º code by ditto º º

Paddy MacCormack

He hadn't been a cop for too long, but in short time on the job he had already started learning to pick up on little things about the person. Body language. One of the biggest things that he was picking up about Isabella was a sense of nervousness, though he wasn't entirely sure why.

Right. Isabella Balmaceda.
He knew who she was. How could he forget? The first time they locked eyes - Padric had been entranced by her. Like a gorgon's gaze, he was frozen in that moment in time. He didn't know exactly what it was, but it was something about her that drew him towards her. So her name? He had never forgotten it since the first time it was announced in the courtroom.

I was not expecting to be here... Not much of a party person, you know?

He could tell - he could always tell. She had much more of the girl next door vibes, but in a good way. Definitely a take her home to mama vibe. So he wasn't surprised that she conceded she wasn't much of a partier. Padric? He definitely was more of a party person, nothing really crazy, but hammering back a few drinks with the boys sounded like his idea of a good time. He had calmed down since he graduated the police academy and rarely had time to go out (case in point in this moment), so he has lightened up on the party front.

"Yeah I didn't get the party girl vibe from you...." he trailed off with a smile hoping that she didn't misinterpet what he was trying to say.

It's Officer MacCormack, right? You testified for the Giudicelli trial, right?

He blinked a few times when she spoke saying his name, nodding slow a bit. He was happy she remembered his name, but had hoped for a little less formality than Officer.

"Yeah that's right, Padric...Padric MacCormack, but call me Paddy. No one calls me Padric, it was a joke name since my Irish father was drunk naming me and didn't want a junior, but wanted me to have his name. So Padric instead of Patrick."

He rubbed the back of his neck as he admitted something he usually didn't tell folks about himself. Probably overshared a little bit, letting people know that his father named him a joke name when he was drunk was probably a little too much right?

How have you been?

"I've been great honestly, just wish Mick would ease up on me he's got me working security for this party tonight," he told her motioning towards the badge that was on his hip, "So tonight I'm not a party person either, but how have you been? You're working on that new case me and Mick caught, right?"

playing...
Now I want to sniff some glue

by The Ramones

OUTFIT IN GIF AND DESCRIBED

Isabella ( Not Meat Not Meat )
mentions Mick [/font]

º º code by ditto º º

scroll

The Assistant

Bells

mood

Slightly Uncomfortable

outfit

Skylars NYE party

interactions

Paddy

Padric. Of Course.

How could she have forgotten? Such a memorable name and yet she had managed to let it slip her mind. Isabella almost felt ashamed of herself for slipping up. Of course she couldn't judge herself too hard. After all, she was in an unfavorable environment and had a relative amount of discomfort swaying her mind. That wasn't an excuse, of course, but it definitely didn't help.

"No. No. Partying is not my thing. I'm afraid I'm quite useless when it comes to alcohol and... Well I prefer to keep my thoughts and actions clear..." Isabella trailed off, she knew she was oversharing. Why would he care what her reasoning behind her distaste to parties was? She was definitely oversharing.

Though his own oversharing put her at ease a little. She couldn't help but smile at his words, finding the backstory of his name quite charming.

"Padric in substitution for Patrick? Interesante. I would have never guessed such a thing. I enjoy unique names and... well.. yours is quite unique, Padric." She spoke honestly, bluntly. There was no hint of sarcasm or flirtatiousness in her voice. It almost seemed as though she was simply stating a fact. Now knowing the story behind his name there was certainly no reason for Isabella to forget it again... Or so she hoped.

As he motioned to the badge on his hip, Isabella couldn't help but let her eyes flicker downwards, her gaze following his gesture then flickering back up to his face, catching his eyes once again. She studied them for a moment, listening to him speak while biting down on her bottom lip. Was she working on another case with him?

"Ehh.. I believe so?" Her statement came out as more of a question than anything else, she brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear trying to buy herself a moment as she tried to remember which cases had fallen onto her desk. "Forgive me, I see so many cases on a day-to-day basis, are you perhaps working on the Jane Doe case? Eh... I believe it was a stabbing?"

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Chill

OUTFIT: Dirty hippy chic

basics
MENTIONS:

Clover

INT:

Calla travelbypages travelbypages

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Nico Tiwari
Killing someone's vibe should be a fucking crime
Nico was camped on a random road, to chill for a bit before meeting up with Clover at Sky’s New Year’s party. Well, they were supposed to meet up at some point that night. He wasn't really sure when. Nico was never one for making concrete plans, preferring the fly by the seat of your ratty old cargo pants approach.

The vagrant hadn't paid much mind to that fact that he'd rolled into one of the more affluent neighborhoods in town. His beat up old Volkswagen Bus stuck out like a sore thumb against the backdrop of gaudy McMansions, each one accessorized with a luxury car or two in its driveway. That was Nico though, completely oblivious to his surroundings until some uppity homeowner was impatiently rapping on his window, yelling for him to haul his noisy hunk of junk away or else.

Luckily, everyone seemed too wrapped up in New Year's Eve to care much about the offensive vehicle parked on their street, even as it sat there threatening to bring down the collective property value, oozing poverty onto the perfectly manicured lawns. Thus, Nico could relax in the back of his van for the time being, undisturbed. There, he sat perched on a tattered bean bag, going to town on the freshly packed bong in his grips.

Nico let his gaze wander as he took an extended hit from the water pipe, glancing casually out the window. Outside, a moving van was parked down the way, and a cute little blonde was trudging wearily toward it. He watched her struggle with a heavy box all alone, as no help seemed to be showing up. He was so enthralled in watching her, Nico accidentally inhaled far too much, and was suddenly forced to expel such a massive cloud of acrid smoke that it nearly made him hack up a lung.

“Fuck,” He coughed violently, setting the bong down beside him. With another quick peek outside, it appeared the blonde had since given up her battle against the box, now sitting curled up and defeated as the late evening sun sunk ever lower. Nico weighed the pros and cons of actually getting up from his bean bag to offer assistance. And though he was supremely lazy, his libido was the one thing that could reliably trump that. It wasn't every day he came across such a golden opportunity to be the hero for an attractive damsel in distress.

It was dusk by the time Nico managed to drag his lazy carcass off the bean bag, even taking a moment to spray himself with cologne and gargle a mouthful of Listerine before hopping out the Volkswagen. The girl hadn't seemed to notice his lackadaisical stroll down the street to meet her, so he hesitantly poked his head into the truck in an effort to keep from startling her.

“Heya,” He lifted a hand in a friendly gesture of greeting. “Nico. Welcome to the neighborhood,” he joked. But in a rare perceptive moment, decided against correcting himself. She probably wouldn't be thrilled to have some homeless creeper touching her things, trying to follow into her home, and might actually reject his help altogether if he offered up the truth of the situation.

“Need some help?” Forgoing the ramp, Nico effortlessly hopped up into the truck to position himself beside the troublesome box. After waiting a beat for her permission, he bent to scoop it up, suppressing a groan as he wrestled with the heavy load. “Oh, fuck..” He murmured, steadying himself after stumbling slightly backward.

“Aight, where to?” He asked cheerfully, once he'd regained sure footing (for the moment.)
code by valen t.

ALY EVERMORE
Aly liked to think that she had been getting better since high school. More confident in both herself and more confident in knowing what she wants. But still, when it came to boys she felt useless. Sure, she'd been asked out a few times but those dates went nowhere other than teenage boys hoping she would hop in their beds just so they could say they banged the nerdy chick. She didn't even go to prom or hoco because of these issues she was always faced with.

But the fact that Gavin, the boy she'd had the most massive crush on since they were kids, was now chasing after her and calling her name? Her face was as red as a cherry by the time she stopped to turn and face him. From what she could tell, he didn't seem the most comfortable to be in this situation either, but she did her best to put on her polite smile. She'd seen him a few times, out and about within the town but like tonight, she would always bolt the different direction to avoid embarrassing herself.

Suddenly, her dress felt too tight and the room felt too warm and she was trying her best to not break out in a sweat as he spoke, reintroducing himself as if she hadn't kissed his yearbook photos for the last ten years, "hey Gavin, I remember..." She said, trying to play off her embarrassment as coolly as she could, while her arms crossed in front of her... Not to be snobby but to hide some of the hideous dress that Jenny had dragged her out in, "it's been a while!" She pointed out, but horrified by her attempt at small talk. It has not been a while, in fact, they'd probably seen each other at some Christmas festival that the town threw. "Actually ignore that, uhhh." She paused wracking her brain for something less lame to talk about.

"So... What brings you here?" She asked, but it was just as stupid of a question as the first statement was. Obviously he was here for the New Years party, like everyone else was. "Ignore that too..." she said before silently scolding herself, "how are you?" She finally asked in a less confident tone, settling on that being a better topic. Her face still red as ever and she wanted nothing more than to bolt from the party to go curl up in her apartment and hide from the world.

Mentions: Gavin - Qwerty Qwerty
coded by kaninchen

WYNN JONES
Wynn wasn't exactly sure why he had come to this party. For one, he knew absolutely no one here. Sure, there were a few faces he recognized from the last year or so he had gone to high school. But two, he never actually attended any parties. Normally he spent his nights cleaning the library. But with the holidays there had barely been anyone in to mess things up there. All he had done all day is dust books that weren't even dirty. But he had heard about the party and got curious. Maybe part of him wanted to see if there was anyone there to talk to. Maybe he hoped there would be. He was tired of being lonely.

So here he was. Lost in a crowd of drunk and high people, wondering why he even left the library. That is, until someone smacked right into him. And of course that person was Jenelle Kennedy. Not once had he spoken to her in high school. She was too popular, pretty, and energetic to even notice someone like him. All he was to everyone at school, was the messed up homeless son of a Jesus freak. At least that's how most people referred to him, especially the jocks. School had been quiet for him at first, but then the story of his mother got out, and he became the laughingstock of the school. So he had kept his head down and didn't even try talking to others while the torment went on.

But there was always something about Jenny that drew him to her. Not that he ever had the courage to talk to her. Putting his hands out, he steadied her in the heels she wore to the party, "woah." He said, but a small smile touched his lips, "there a fire in here or something that I don't know about?" He asked, referring to her bolting away from where her boss stood. Though he highly doubted a fire would be the issue of her running. Or everyone would be. "Jenny right?" He asked, coolly, casually, like he didn't know exactly who she was, or that he didn't check out her instagram every now and then just to see her smile. "I'm Wynn." He said, unsure if she knew. Probably. She hung around some of the guys that made his life hell.

Mentions: Jenny - Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
coded by kaninchen

JINA BAILEY
A small smirk quirked up at the corner of Jina's lip as Remi mentioned he was figuring out his NFL career, "so an actor AND an athlete. That's double hot." She teased. That was the thing about Jina, it didn't take a lot to impress her, but when it came to big shot careers and lots of money, the little bit of standards she had would go out the window. "I figured maybe you were the one catfishing." She retorted back to his earlier statement, "unless you are with your mentions of NFL and TV." It was a little joke, but in her head it was serious. Not that she wouldn't have swiped right on him if he didn't have those aspects.

The girl felt someone's shoulder bump against her while they were dancing and couldn't hide the eye roll. The house was packed, though she had expected it to be. Skylar's parties were always pretty wild. So, she took the crowded dance floor as a sign to move closer to Remi, which is what she did. She didn't mind at all that their bodies were touching even though they had just met two seconds ago, "do you like the town then?" She asked, a devious smile on her lips. She hoped her introduction wasn't too much, but of course Jina was an expert with these sorts of things. If he showed resistance she would suggest they go get shots, loosen up the knots a little bit, then go back to dancing.

But, she continued on, turning her back to him while her hands slid up behind his neck. The move was probably something very similar you'd see in a strip club in all honesty. But with years of experience, Jina was good. She knew what she was doing and she knew how to do it well. "I hope this introduction to the town is much better." She hummed, the last few words being said in almost a sing-song type of voice. The girl didn't say much, but she moved her hips with the rhythm, staying in tune with the music. Normally she was more of a talker, more flirty words, but the music was just too loud to say anything over. So, her body was doing all the work.

Mentions: Remi - AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
coded by kaninchen

CLOVER JASPER
Clover couldn't help but throw back her head and laugh at Mick's comment toward Nico. Sure, she and Nico had a lot in common, but it certainly didn't surprise her that he had been arrested by Mick. Their friendship only really worked with the fact that they were both nature lovers, hanging out in their vehicles 24/7, and sometimes smoked weed and enjoyed each others company... No not that type. She was fairly picky about who she chose to give her body to. Sure, there was that one time with Alexei. ONE time. But, since then she refused to give anything to anyone she didn't have an emotional connection with. Nico was just a friend, "honestly can't say I'm surprised. He's a natural troublemaker." She agreed.

"Oh-four-hundred" She repeated back to him. Most people would think people who refer to the time with military time would be dorky, but in all honesty, Clover thought it was cute. The thought that she thought he was cute made her face redden a little bit, but she brushed that off and listened to him. He wanted to take her somewhere quiet? "As long as you don't pull anything fishy, I'd be happy to go." She teased. Normally it would be a bad idea to run off with a guy you just met, but Mick seemed genuine. Clover had a knack for knowing peoples intentions, and he didn't seem to have any bad ones.

"Okay, well I hope you don't mind me keeping you company until then. I walked here, and I have no intentions of hopping in with the party people." She said with a small laugh and looked around, "actually be right back." She said and took off to the kitchen to look for some kind of chair to join him. After searching, and finally finding an empty one, she grabbed it and dragged it back to where Mick was at the front. "Now I can really keep you company, though I hope I don't distract you too much from your job." She said as she plopped the chair down next to him.

To comfortably sit, she crossed her legs on the chair, letting her skirt drape down and brush against the floor so that she could keep her legs covered. "So what now boss man, who we arresting tonight?" She asked and scanned over the crowed, letting her eyes wander around to the people definitely doing illegal activities. But, she had a suspicion that he wasn't going to be doing any arresting. Simply just security and guarding.

Mentions: Mick - AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
coded by kaninchen

CALLA CARLTON
The sudden voice had Calla snap her head up from her wollowing in self pity. The 'heya' and the introduction of himself had Calla narrow her eyes for a moment, letting her gaze wander over the man. He surely didn't look like he was from the neighborhood. More like he stepped out of a protest in the 80's. But who was she to judge? She was a 20 year old sitting in front of a million dollar house. Slowly, she stood and shook his hand, "Calla." She said back. He seemed friendly enough, most definitely not the murdering type. But who knows, she'd seen enough of those docu-series on Netflix to know that even the grossest murderers wore masks.

When he was offering to help her carry in that last box, and a small smile pulled at the corner of her lip. "Okay, yeah I do." She admitted. But even he seemed to struggle with it as he groaned and grunted, trying to get it up. It took everything in her to suppress her laugh as she watched him. The movers were to thank for that box, but she didn't bother saying anything as he hopped down. Man was gonna throw out his back to help a stranger.

"Uhh... Just inside, one sec." She said and closed up the truck before she jogged up to the house to open the door for him. "Anywhere on the floor is fine... It'll probably take me a gazillion years to get it unpacked anyway." She told him and waited until the box was safely on the ground. From the looks of his eyes, he most definitely was not on the sober side. But of course, again, who was she to judge. She just moved out of her college dorm. She'd smoked once or twice, though she didn't enjoy either time or the people she did it with. "So you're from the neighborhood." She said, her tone full of suspicion. "Would you like a beer? You know, for helping." She said and wandered over to the kitchen that was visible from the foyer, "you know, neighbors to neighbors. Friendly neighborhood gratitude." She drawled on, clearly showing she knew he didn't live in the neighborhood.

Without another word, she dug through one of the many drawers to find a bottle opener, before saying screw it and popped the top of a beer off on the counter. She planned to redo the house anyway, so the little dent it made in the varnish was no worry to her. Even if he didn't want the beer, she'd drink it. She'd bought it on the way to the house for a reason anyway. "So are you working with the TV show in town?" She asked, curious if they were going to be coworkers." She'd gotten the job spontaneously when her professor emailed that the film crew was looking for photographers on set. She signed up, and surprisingly gotten the job. Not that she needed it, but it would be better than sitting around at home doing homework and renovating little parts of the house.

Mentions: Nico - Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
coded by kaninchen

MOOD: Cranky

OUTFIT: This

basics
MENTIONS:

Skylar Not Meat Not Meat

INT:

Kio era era

Elliot purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

tags

tl;dr
Daisy Finnbar
Live fast, die young
Bad girls do it well
"Oh fuck off, Julian," Daisy muttered at her phone before tossing it into the backseat with an irritated huff. Even on New Year's Fucking Eve, he was still coming up with bullshit for her to do or remember or coordinate for the next arduous day of filming. It was enough to make her almost wish she was still acting. The actors were Julian's precious little golden children; the most he’d ask of them tonight was to blow some lines with him off some escort’s decolletage. The talent didn’t have to deal with every banal thought that scuttled across their director’s coke-addled brain on a holiday.

Between Julian’s crap, the general stress of a fast-paced career, lack of sleep, and the constant bickering with Elliot, the young producer was in a shit mood. Not exactly in prime party mode. She took a deep breath in an effort to decompress, releasing a death grip on the steering wheel that she wasn't even aware she’d made. Daisy leaned back in her seat, and finally let her eyes fall shut. She hadn't realized just how plum exhausted she was until this very moment.

The fuck happened? She used to be fun, she used to love parties. This job was sucking the life out of her, even more than her acting career did. The brunette quickly sat up at the sound of her passenger door opening. The young man slid into the seat beside her, and despite her mood, Daisy couldn't help but grin at Kio's own cute smile. Finally, a face she didn't feel like punching today.

“Hey, loser!” She teased, reaching over to ruffle his dark hair. “Looking good.” With a weary sigh, she dropped her hand onto the gearshift. “Ready to go? Let's get this shit over with.”

Their destination prompted a subtle eyebrow raise from Daisy. She’d heard the property belonged to Skylar's parents. The house was huge, ridiculously luxurious, and, admittedly, gorgeous. Just like the sprawling Malibu mansions of the industry people her starfucker mother used to try and suck up to back in the day. Daisy and Nick were always forced to interact with their spoiled brat kids, and the connotation only increased her distaste for Sky.

Daisy bristled at the thought of entering Skylar's domain, where she'd have to witness Elliot drooling over her all night. Though she was supposed to meet him at the event, part of her hoped the two of them would be able to successfully avoid each other all night. Who was she kidding though? She would just be left thinking about him anyway, wondering what he was up to.

“Ugh, fuck my life,” Daisy sighed, burying her face in Kio’s shoulder as they lingered outside the front door. “Do we really wanna go to this?” But she knew she’d never hear the end of it from Julian if she didn't show, especially if she held one of his actors back from making an appearance.

Once inside, the pair did a quick lap around the party before making a beeline straight for the booze. After a series of shots, Daisy could feel the tension melt into a blissful numbness. Perhaps she’d be able to unwind a bit after all.

Until she spotted Elliot. Instantly, her pulse quickened. The slight flush from the alcohol that splashed across her cheeks grew a tiny bit deeper. After all the fights, the drama, years spent as platonic roommates, muddling around in the friend zone, and the idiot could still make her heart skip a beat just spying his handsome face across a crowded room.

She didn't even try to ignore him. No point in delaying the inevitable. Daisy learned a long time ago she was powerless against the magnetic pull that drew her to him. “Oh, there's Elliot. I should probably say hi.” Resignedly, she started toward him, pulling Kio along with her so as not to lose him in the crowd.

The sight of Elliot leaning sleepily against the wall made her quirk a brow in concern. By now, she was pretty good at judging when he was high, but she didn't want to jump to any conclusions, or pick a fight. Not yet, anyway.

“Hey,” She answered Elliot curtly, feigning a thin smile. “Nah, it's all good,” She replied with a quick shake of her head. She was, in fact, mad at him, but for the sake of tonight she would attempt to let it go.

“Oh, Elliot, you remember Kio?” My fuckbuddy is what she wanted to gloat, but managed to restrain herself. “We work together. Kio, this is Elliot. My roommate,” Punctuating the last word in a snippy tone, Daisy let her arm snake possessively around Kio’s to hold onto him as she spoke.

“Looks like you're having a great time,” She quipped sarcastically. “What are you doing over here loitering in the hallway like a weirdo?” All her ragging on Elliot for being a pain in her ass, and Daisy was no better. She couldn't even go 30 seconds without nagging the guy.

The night was off to a fantastic start.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

scroll

Princess

kammi.

mood

tired but excited

outfit

see gif

sky's party

interactions

Skylar Kennedy

tags

Kammi was forever grateful to Skylar. She could count on her to give her advice, have her back, she was like her sister something she never expected to find in Paradise. It was almost a blessing in disguise that she missed out on her Stanford opportunity and had to come to Paradise to play tennis. If she could get her agent's and coach's confidence and go pro, going to Stanford wouldn't even matter.

She tried to hide her excitement as Skylar led her by her hand. Usually when Skylar led her to her room, that meant she was going to give her something nice and Kammi was absolutely not too proud to take the things Skylar offered. That being said, she always made sure that the few times Skylar needed something she was there. 3am, in the middle of a test. It didn't matter, she would always show up for Skylar because she was such a good friend to her and she never wanted to seem like she was taking advantage.

Kameron watched Skylar removed the fob from her bra as the door clicked open and she followed her through. She stood to the side, a little awkwardly, as she watched Sky go through her jewelry.

Skylar eventually offered up a selection so she stepped forward and took it,
"Oh my God! Like, this is really nice, are you sure?"
She took a moment and placed the necklace around her and looked at herself in the mirror, "
"This is so gorg. Thank you boo."

She watched as Skylar continued on looking through earrings, probably to find a match for the necklace. The next thing she said was part of what being friends with Skylar came with, even her being sweet can come off bitchy and catty.

Kammi subconsciously ran her fingers over her earrings not thinking they were so bad, but if Skylar said they looked cheap they probably did. She just managed to nod as she slid them out of her ears and replaced them with the ones skylar picked. She looked at herself in the mirror again and smiled
"I really appreciate it, you're like the sister I never had."

Now maybe Kammi could catch some male's attention,
"I guess I just need to find a guy now, right? "
she spoke between a nervous chuckle.

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Hyped

OUTFIT: This

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Jennifer tamarapasek tamarapasek

Alessa Not Meat Not Meat

tags

tl;dr
Teddy Vega
If I were you, I'd wanna be me too
“WAIT, wait, wait…,” On the street outside Skylar Kennedy's house, Teddy hopped out of the driver's seat. His two dearest friends indulged him, not bothering to reach for the door handle next to them. The girls were well aware Teddy was about to pull his stupid gentleman shtick and jog around the outside of the car to open their doors for them. They were his “dates” after all, as he'd spent all day jokingly bragging to anyone who would listen. Two dates for New Year's Eve, who else could say that??

“Ladies,” He said with a flourish and small bow as he opened his passenger side door, then the one in back. He offered a hand to Alessa as she climbed out, and broke into a little salsa dance with her as soon as she was on her feet “You gonna save me a dance, mamita?” Teddy grinned, taking her other hand in an attempt to make her mambo with him to the music in his own head.

“Nah, we can't,” He joked, as the two danced in the street. “We're too fly, we'll make everyone else look bad.” He ended the dance by giving Lessa a twirl, then dipping her backward in his arms. With a laugh, Teddy stood her back upright, so his sapphire-haired bestie could finally be on her way toward the party.

“How ‘bout you, nena?” He turned to Jenny, grabbing her hand to give the ravenette a playful little spin as well. “Or you gonna be too busy with your little chulos from the ice cream spot? I see how it is,” He teased, shaking his head in mock disappointment.

It was beyond obvious that Theodore Vega was in a great mood tonight, clearly very excited for the party. Wild nights weren't the easiest to come by in their sleepy little town, or maybe Teddy just didn't know where to look anymore. Lately, his evenings were mostly spent at the dance studio or helping out at his father's bodega.

Regardless, Skylar could always be counted on to throw a rager every now and then. Teddy didn't mind being the designated driver for the evening, making sure the girls got home safe. He might throw back a shot or two, maybe play a game of beer pong if the opportunity arose. But drinking was never really his main focus in these kinds of situations. First and foremost, he'd be on the lookout for the next hot stranger to share his bed with, then go their separate ways the next day. Just a good time, with no messy feelings or attachment required.

“Ahem,” As his friends walked on ahead of him, Teddy cleared his throat and waited for them to look back. Once he got their attention, he simply held out both of his elbows, and stood patiently for each girl to hook their arms into his. “Okay, now we can go,” The dancer declared, and the trio then proceeded to the house as a unit.

Rocking up to the party with a chick on each arm. If this wasn't the most pimp entrance of the night so far, he'd like to know what was.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
BILLIE BENSON
Billie threw down her phone in frustration. There was always someone somewhere who doubted her and what she could do for the world. The fact that Kyo or Jenny couldn't believe that she could make a difference in the world of science was just outrageous. She was good at school, she got straight A's and all her professors loved her. Which is why the whole Twitter fiasco was upsetting her. Which is why she only needed more of excuse to go over to see Stassi. She always had a way of making Billie feel better.

So, the girl showered and dressed in some comfy clothes, that would later be switched out for whatever Stassi had in her closet for the party. They were already waaay late for it, but it would be fun to get ready anyway. She couldn't remember who invited her, but she was sure it was Skylar or maybe one of her brothers friends. Either way, she liked a good party so it didn't really matter who invited her.

After packing up a quick overnight bag, assuming she'd be sleeping over at Stassi's after the party, she made her way out into the chilly night and straight to her car. The drive didn't take too long, so after a moment of trying to remember her passcode for the gate, she was able to pull in to the drive and up to the garage. Excitement coursed through her as she bounced up the stairs and let herself in to Stassi's house, "hello?" She called out, only hesitating for a moment at the door before going up to Stassi's room, giving the girls door a gentle knock. "Honey I'm hooome." She said in a teasing tone and stepped in.

The room was all too familiar to her as she set down her bag and flopped onto her back onto Stassi's bed. She was still very sad about what happened on social media earlier. The fact that everyone saw her boobs and didn't say anything? Just unbelievable, "they're so mean. I hate the people in this town." She stated, as she stared up at the ceiling, doing her best to hold back any tears that were threatening to escape, "how can they act that way and not feel bad?" She asked in disbelief and pulled out her phone. They seemed to be nice to Sarah now, but she still hated them all. At least the booby picture was deleted now, but still, how many people saw that before she deleted it? She especially hated that Alex guy, for commenting on them at the store earlier. And yes, pillows meant boobs apparently.

Mentions: Kyo, Jenny, Sarah, and Alex (briefly), and Stassi - AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
coded by kaninchen

Mick Halstead

As long as you don't pull anything fishy, I'd be happy to go.
He smiled, freeing a slight chuckle from his lips. He knew it was a joke - well more so he could tell by the tone that there wasn't any serious worry behind it. He was a cop after all, though not that cops didn't do bad things, but still. Mick didn't have any ill intentions in his body. Despite his military history and position as a detective, he had no intention to hurt anyone.

"I promise you, it'll be worth it."

kay, well I hope you don't mind me keeping you company until then. I walked here, and I have no intentions of hopping in with the party people.

He rose an eyebrow but before he could say anything she had stated she would be right back and headed off. He was curious as to where she was going considering that she didn't want to party and she was planning to come back. He didn't have to wait long for an answer as she returned with a chair and planted there across from him before sitting.

He folded his arms across his chest letting another light chuckle escape. He nodded to her, acknowledging that she was joining him.

Now I can really keep you company, though I hope I don't distract you too much from your job.

"I'm really just here to look menacing and make people think that if they cause trouble they will have some explaining to do...so not much to distract me from. "

Mick didn't really care to do these sort of jobs, but he wanted some extra money for a car project and he was good at it, so here he was. Spoiled kids. Doing all kinds of drugs and binge drinking.

So what now boss man, who we arresting tonight?

He scrunched up his nose reaching to his side and pulling out a bunch of black zip ties, "Everyone..." It was a joke, maybe one in bad taste, but still a joke. He shook his head starting to smile at her, "As long as no one tries to drive under the influence, start a fight, or have a weapon...no one. So it should be a really boring night, but now that I got you here I can make you head of security."

playing...
Another one bites the dust

by Queen

Clover ( travelbypages travelbypages )
mentions Jina

º º code by ditto º º

scroll

Ice Queen

stassi.

mood

introspective and excited

outfit

home

interactions

Billie Benson

It was about to be another year. Another year that would find Stassi floating through the aether, searching for a purpose. She was thankful to have been able to achieve her life's goal at such a young age. She was able to medal at the olympics, but the problem with achieving that at such a young age along with already being insanely wealthy was....what was left? Everything she wanted to do she accomplished. Sure, she would have liked to gone back and medaled a few more times, but with the acl injury she suffered in high school she was never the same.

She had thrown herself into building the skating rink in Paradise where she coached figure skaters. She was trying her best to find put herself behind a good cause and she felt extending her expertise and funding her best students, she was helping. Yet, even with that she felt like she was empty. The only thing that made her feel some semblance of joy and fulfillment in her life? That was Billie, but Stassi knew how dangerous that was. How putting your happiness in something that wasn't permanent- that could change would leave you empty if it ever did. That was what played a big part into her eventual addiction to oxy. It took her years to get past that and she didn't want to fall back to that.

She needed to find something to be passionate about. Something to give her life purpose, but finding that wasn't going to happen tonight. Tonight she was going to spend the new year with the woman she was falling so hard for. The woman that brought her comfort and got through her stoic countenance and hard exterior. She had vowed after Derrick she'd never let another man in but despite the name...Billie was no man.

After an exchange of messages and being patient with Billie not remembering her access code to her house...which was the last digits of her number..Billie confirmed she would be on the way and she'd help her pick out an outfit. She took a shower and slid into some active wear moving to the kitchen to out some wine. She glanced at her phone when she heared a vibration and it was Billie again, but this time it was her crying about people making fun of her for mistaking the public threads as her DMs with Sarah. She felt for her, but couldn't help but shake her head. She'd make sure she took extra time to make sure she would have all the things ready to cheer her up.

She slowly opened the bottle of wine, flipping it upside down and letting it flow through her aerator. The cab that she picked sparkled as it went through the glass aerator, as she sat the bottle aside once she emptied the bottle. She rolled it around the glass before letting it sit for a second. She moved to pour her a glass, taking her manicured hands and wrapping her fingers around the stem of the glass and taking a sip. She moved through the house to her bedroom with the wine when she heard her security system announced someone had opened the gate, then followed with someone had opened the front door.

Soon she'd hear the voice that made her heart skip every time. She moved her hands up and quickly tied her curls into a bun looking towards Billie just in time to see her flop on the bed. She shook her head moving towards her, listening to her as she spoke before she sat down on the bed next to her and stroked the top of her head to comfort her as she let out her frustrations. Stassi needed to be careful on what she was going to say in fear of sounding like a hypocrite because Stassi could be just as cold and mean as the lot of them,
"Don't let them get to you, they're just words. We both know how amazing you are and none of those losers matter. "
She closed her eyes and took another sip of her wine,
"If you want, I have all of your fave snacks in the kitchen. They might make you feel better."

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Paddy MacCormack

Maybe it was too soon to admit too much to Isabella. Maybe it was too soon to admit that he had been crushing from a distance. Maybe it was too soon to admit the smell of her perfume put him into a daze. But it was too hard not to smile as she stood before him. Even amongst the loud music, voices, and faces around them it felt like there was no one there but them.

No. No. Partying is not my thing. I'm afraid I'm quite useless when it comes to alcohol and... Well I prefer to keep my thoughts and actions clear...

He was right in his assessment, she wasn't much of a party person, but she was here. From what he knew of her she probably wanted to be back in the office working on some paper work or case. She didn't really do alcohol either which was a bit of a departure from the people he knew, including Mick. Yet, somehow it was a refreshing discovery.

Padric in substitution for Patrick? Interesante. I would have never guessed such a thing. I enjoy unique names and... well.. yours is quite unique, Padric.

Oh if she only knew the half of it. St. Patrick's day was the worst for him. "Paddy's Day" mean he would get teased even from his own irishmen. It was also the day that his father was the most irritable about his name, considering Paddy's day got a lot of teasing for his day. They would tease his father about having a girl's name. "Patty's Day? Ha. Patty's a girl name...you have a girl name." Probably to this day why he hated nicknames and tended to go by Scott more than he did Patrick. So in a sense - at least Paddy got to have the male version.

Their conversation was very...impersonal? Professional? Despite the fact that they were sharing personal tidbits about each other, something still seemed very off about it.

Ehh.. I believe so? Forgive me, I see so many cases on a day-to-day basis, are you perhaps working on the Jane Doe case? Eh... I believe it was a stabbing

"Yeah, the Jane Doe they found in the bumper cars at the boardwalk? That's the one. Homocide found the body, but we picked it up because we think it's tied to other stabbings around town."

Oh look, they were talking work at a loud party. This was their flirting.

playing...
Now I want to sniff some glue

by The Ramones

OUTFIT IN GIF AND DESCRIBED

Isabella ( Not Meat Not Meat )
mentions Mick [/font]

º º code by ditto º º

"Here we go.."

Bad luck was in the air. It was as if she walked under ladders, spilled salt, and had black cats run around her in circles. First her car broke down. Great. She then had to run to work and leave her car there at the scene. Amazing. Then she got chewed out by her boss for being a poorly assistant when she does everything asked of her and more. She figured getting a gig on a show to help with the clothing options would be a step in the right direction and let her eventually leave her main job,but that's not going to happen yet. She is trying to stick it out as best as she can before she can no longer handle the stress anymore.

Maybe it's a good idea my car is not here. I would probably fall asleep or daze off..

Hearing her heels click on the pavement she became frustrated with herself. "I need to distract myself.. something positive...mmm-"

Celeria typed up a message and sent it to the first person she thought of. Yohan. Someone she was very attracted to, but also felt like he was out of her league so she wouldn't dare make a move. Especially not after feeling not good enough with her ex. She wouldn't make that mistake again.

To her surprise he responded to her. "He's coming to get me.." she mumbled to herself as she waited for him inside of the gas station, away from the creeps at night. Plus it was freezing outside even with her brown, thick, trenchcoat. The other thing that's nice about Yohan is that they were neighbors so it wasn't like he would waste more gas going somewhere else.

Everyone is probably partying and having a good time and hes coming to get me from working my hell of a job. If he has other plans i wont stay too late...i dont want to be a burden..especially on New Year's...

When she saw a pair of headlights show up and a buzz from her phone she knew that was him. Her stomach got butterflies and she tried to brush the feeling away. She then walked outside to the car. "Thank you Yuzu" she said while making herself comfortable for the ride home. "Looks like the car doesn't have a scratch on it so far" she slightly chuckled in a result of his poor driving skills, but she couldn't complain. He did pick her up without a second thought.

Celeria knew she would have to get her small orange cat, Milk, and heat over to Yohan's place for a promised meal. He was good to her, but she did need to remember that he was like a flower. Not in being delicate, but in the way of "it looks nice, but it might hurt you." Is it won't for her to indulge now with him, even for a moment?

The car ride was quick and easy, while the light music files the comfortable presence of the two individuals.

Celeria was right in saying she would be back, but she is course couldn't forget what she made him. She was not the best at cooking, but she did like making deserts. She figured if there was a way to thank him it would be that. She knew that he was very particular when it came to food, so when they messaged earlier about it she was already nervous as hell.

When they were finally parked and walking up to the building Celeria went to her place really fast so she could bring Milk and give him the surprise she said she would. She didn't bother to change out of her outfit from work as she had been so tired and at that point she didn't care...yet.

She didn't care until she realized she was standing in front of this very.... very fine man.. at night..with Milk in her arms and the container with strawberry custard in her hands. Milk (for some reason) hought that it would be a great idea at the time to jump from her arms to find his companion, Baloo, Yohans furry friend leaving her in this mess.

"Ah...this is just a small thing to say thank you.." she said looking up at him with rosy cheeks and a warm chest. "Like I said if you don't like it tell me, I did make yours not as sweet..." she rambled as the container fit right in his hands smoothly. She didn't think about it then,but the custard look like how he made her feel and smelled like her. It was an interesting combination,but not one she felt important to mention.

lion. lion.

purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

the designer

Celeria

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Nurse

Skylar

mood

Happy

outfit

Her parents house

interactions

Kammi

The girl couldn't help but laugh softly to herself.

Kammi was always so humble about the things that Skylar gave her. Despite how many times Skylar told her it was fine she still asked her if it was sure and thanked her. It was cute but sometimes annoying. Skylar normally just shrugged it off, saying it was fine and that she didn't care.

"You're a better sister than my real one, that's for sure." Skylar muttered under her breath. It wasn't often that she mentioned Ever or even thought about her. How she had the balls to even come back to Paradise was besides Sky. After spending years trying to connect with her and be a sister to her it seemed like just as Skylar had given up Ever crawled back into her life. It pissed her off. To come back and not even tell her own twin about it but instead let her find out through another nurse that not only was she back but working in the same hospital? Skylar shook her head and pushed those thoughts away. She wouldn't let Ever ruin her night.

Instead she took Kammi's earrings from her and tossed them to the side. "Next time that you go shopping take me with you. Or shop through the shit I have here. I don't wear any of it."

Skylar gestured to her vanity. The multiple stands of jewelry that likely hadn't been worn in years sat pristinely on the surface, as if they were taunting someone to go over and take them. Skylar had no use for them. All of the important stuff she had she had brought with her when she moved out. The closet full of clothes and shelves full of shoes sat there in case of emergency. Sky wasn't shy about giving those things away to her friends. Jina had free roam to anything in there already and Kammi would be no different.

Wordlessly Skylar dug into her purse on her bed and pulled out another key fob. Her backup just in case she lost hers.

"Don't tell my dad." She tossed the fob over to Kammi, "He'll probably change the locks again in a few months but you can use that to get into any locked room in the house. Doors auto lock so you don't have to worry about locking up, yeah? you can take whatever you want from in here but stay out of the other rooms. Jina would kill you if you took any of her shit and my dads already paranoid."

She sat down on the bed and crossed her legs, leaning back on her hands and letting her hair trickle down over her shoulders. "Do you have your eyes on anyone? I could put in a good word for you?"

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Assistant

Bells

mood

Slightly Uncomfortable

outfit

Skylars NYE party

interactions

Paddy

Isabella nodded along as he spoke.

It made sense. That would be the only reason the file would have even come across her desk. Normally the easier cases were passed off to one of the other partners in the firm. One of the ones that didn't have an assistant like Henry did. Luckily for Isabella she got all of the difficult cases, the ones that took months of paperwork and arguing with the judge to get to a trial. Isabella had become an expert in the ways of convincing her higher ups to take a look at all the files. She knew exactly how and when to bully them into actually reading what she had laid out rather perfectly for them.

But that was why she was paid the big bucks for what she did. She made Henrys life easier and assisted like any good assistant would.

"Right. Yes. Rather interesting case, isn't it?" Isabella spoke rather softly considering they were in a room full of loud music and people. Almost as if she were discussing a secret with the man in front of her. She couldn't help but notice the smile playing on his lips as they interacted. She couldn't imagine why talking about such a think would bring a smile to his face but she wasn't going to question him.

After all working was her favourite thing to do too. Perhaps he felt the same way.

"I suppose it is quite lucky that you and I will be working together on another case. You did a magnificent job handling the notes last time it made mine and Henry's job quite a bit easier." Isabella paused for a moment, chewing her lip as she contemplated her next words carefully. "Will you be working on the case alone or should I expect to hear from Officer Halstead as well?"

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Broken One

Britt

mood

Disappointed

outfit

Avidan household, firehouse

interactions

Faust Clan, Erik, Annie

Almost everything was perfect.

From the moment Cisco had told her about his plans for the night Brittany had started planning. She had done everything she could to make sure the night went perfectly smoothly for them. She was excited, really, her best friend getting engaged to the man she loved. what could possibly be better?

The moment they arrived, Brittany bounded over to them. She greeted them with a smile and offered them drinks, explaining that she had made sure to include plenty of non alcoholic drinks for the event specifically for Scarlett. They were the perfect couple. It made her heart truly swell.

Brittany wanted to stay there and continue talking with them but her name was being called. Colins uncle, who she had invited only to be kind and didn't expect to actually see him, had beckoned for her. Britt head over there, her heart thumping loudly in her chest as she went. It had been years. Years since she had her heart ripped out of her chest and yet every time she saw the man she felt another painful tear making its way through her.

She wasn't sure if it was luck that her phone began to ring. A call she happily answered only because it got her out of having to talk to the man calling her name.

It wasn't good news, though. If anything it was terrible news. The person who was supposed to cover her shift was cancelling on her, telling her that they were so so sorry but that they couldn't pull themselves out of bed they were so sick. Of course Brittany knew it was bullshit but she wasn't about to make enemies with one of the few people who could actually cover for her if she needed a day off.

Working on New Year's Eve. Of course. She wouldn't have minded if it weren't for the event that led her to even throwing the damn party. Brittany sighed and closed her eyes. She tucked her phone into her pocket and wandered off to find her father. She apologized to him, telling him that she had to go but to make sure that the camera man was paid for and that the film and the pictures were all sent to her so she could make something nice for Scarlett.

Also so she could witness her best friends joy. It was a shame she would miss it.

------

Brittany pulled into her parking spot of the fire station and rested her head against the back of the seat. She was disappointed. Surely she wouldn't truly be missed. It wasn't her night, after all. She had no reason to be so disappointed to not be there. Maybe she was just living vicariously through Scarlett. How pathetic of her.

Brittany slid out of her Jeep and put a smile onto her face. There was no use in acting all bummed out about spending her time doing what she loved.

"I brought snacks and I brought my ipad so we can chill until we get a call." Brittany announced as she plopped her bag down on the table in front of Annie. "I also brought those Chilean candies. Well I think they are candy? Francisco brought them for us to share. He said you might like them."

♡coded by uxie♡

CLOVER JASPER
Clover couldn't stop smiling. Their whole conversation to get through the boredom of the party. Who knows how long it had been, but it had been long enough to witness the downfall of this party, and Nico STILL hadn't shown up. So, when it was close to midnight, the girl stood, not bothering to return the chair to where it belonged, because the whole house was at a disarray. She felt bad for whoever had to clean this place up tomorrow, because she had no doubt in her mind that the person was going to be hired to do it.

"So, Mr. Cop Man, are you ready to see some fireworks?" She asked with a smile and nodded for him to lead the way. She had no clue where he was taking her, and typically moments like these were the start of a horror movie where the psycho takes away the girl to kill, but he truly didn't seem like the type. So, she relaxed in the passenger seat and stared out the window until they arrived.

The street they parked on was dark, and she narrowed her eyes to look over at him, "okay I spent the whole car ride convincing myself that you weren't gonna murder me, but this seems fishy." She joked again and got out of the car, staring up at the show home, "you planning to buy?" She asked, waiting for him to lead her in, only slightly on alert of going in to a non-lived in house. "Woooow, should have had a party here." She joked and followed again, her nerves high as they waded through the house with only five minutes until midnight. Already, she could hear the popping of the fireworks of those who are too eager to wait. Although, fireworks had been going off all night.

The terrace was a whole different view though, the sky was completely visible and she could see the colours lighting up all over town. "Wow, way closer than my cliff view." She said with a smile and walked to the railing, leaning her elbows on it as she watched. She'd been waiting for this all night, it was what she should have been watching from the moment the sun went down.

Mentions: Mick - AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami
coded by kaninchen

huey rosario

"people suck, but maybe these two aren't so horrible."

mood

hard to tell.

dietre's

oufit

tag

Huey just stood there in shock for a moment. When he walked into Dietre's Eatery, the last thing he expected was to be treated with kindness. After all, he was a complete stranger who just walked in after hours; if it was his restaurant, he probably would have kicked everyone to the sidewalk the second it was time to close. But still, the old man, who he automatically assumed to be Dietre himself, stood in front of him, offering food. Huey was completely caught off guard, but in truth, he was in desperate need of something to eat. So he just gave a soft nod, slowly and silently making his way over to one of the tables, still slightly embarrassed from the scene he made just a few moments earlier.

Sleep filled Huey's eyes, and he let out a yawn. His head was pounding more than ever, and he was exhausted, but he wasn't about to complain about anything. He didn't want to bother these poor people any more than he already was. So instead he just sat awkwardly in complete silence, watching with tired eyes as the old man escaped into the kitchen. He smiled a bit to himself. He wasn't completely heartless; he knew he had to show appreciation when someone was going out of their way to do something nice for him. He just didn't understand why Dietre was doing this for him.

At the sound of the bells above the door, Huey snapped out of his exhaustion, quickly turning his head to the door. Another customer? On New Year's? What were the odds? He gave a soft wave to the woman, but she just walked by. He just shrugged it off, assuming she didn't see him. He stared off into space again, waiting patiently, somewhat tempted to get up, walk into the kitchen, and tell the man that he didn't have to go through the trouble of making Huey something to eat. But he never got the chance. Before he knew it, he was handed a drink. He gave the woman a soft nod and a quick "thank you" before taking a quick swig of his ale.

Huey let out a long sigh, picking a spot on the wall in front of him and staring at it. His headache began to fade with each sip of ale he took. He took a look at his surroundings, smiling softly to himself. The nature of this tiny restaurant was calming in some weird way; it was really nothing special, but for some reason, he felt like he could stay there forever.

He looked back at the woman who brought his drink and gave her a friendly smile. "And you guys can take your time, I'm really in no rush," he said, before quickly adding "...unless you want me to be, of course." He glanced around for another moment, clearing his throat.

"My name's Hugo. Everyone calls me Huey. I do camerawork on Harbor."

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

• era
Back