• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Another Day- A Sci-Fi Superhero RP Main Thread (ACCEPTING)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Graham
Graham looked confused at the sudden paleness, unsure of what the mention of Constance meant to her. Graham was a bit surprised when she responded, a bit scared by the sudden tone- he had been told to never trust Palies- his father had died because he underestimated them- he couldn't suffer that mistake, even if she had saved his life. "What do you mean? Constance may be cutthroat- but she does what she needs to protect the city." He said, trying to think of a way to escape. If he called for help, the Security Agents would surely kill Lex- but he couldn't let her kill Constance. After a second he took a deep breath and pulled out a second device, throwing the capsule in the air. A golden sphere shot from the cylindrical shell, signalling the remaining craft. A fire team had already begun putting out the fire as the vehicle approached the pair, far enough that they didn't recognize Lex.
Socio Socio

Phantom
Phantom considered her options, she had plenty of hidden gear, such as the multipurpose brain implant- perhaps she could tackle her before triggering the explosive part. Phantom took off her mask, glaring at the hostile. "Lieutenant First Class- Sixth Division: Special Operations, Sniping Team-leader." She said coldly, wondering if she had any other options. "You should know, The Agency doesn't negotiate with terrorists and criminals- You won't get anything out of this."
CommanderNecro CommanderNecro
Carl
Carl crawled from the wreckage of the craft. The only enemy left on the street was the Android. The others were quickly carrying objects into a nearby sewer grate, where they could travel to the base. Jenna ran to Carl, picking him up as the droid approached. Its footsteps were slow and loud, Carl tried to use his abilities to disable the droid, but it appeared to be protected. The thing continued to follow as she dragged him to the grate, before pausing. A figure in a gas mask stood over the unconscious form of Warren. He held a strange container of vials of various glowing liquids. "Hey fuckface, put it down or I'll pummel you myself," Jenna yelled, putting Carl down as she charged the stranger.

Abyss
Eddie blocked the first hit, but he was exhausted. He had barely escaped the heroes, spotting the Reapers and an opportunity to complete one part of the plan. This container held what countless security agents and Jenna's sister had died for and he wasn't leaving without it. Eddie slammed his baton into the Reaper's side, still unsure which twin it was. She didn't recognize his new uniform, but she would pummel him all the same. Eddie received a punch in the gut in response, about to respond when he heard a blood-curdling scream. Eddie and The Reaper turned to the noise. The android had finally arrived, Carl had tried to crawl away but it had pursued the wounded Reaper and grabbed him. Carl squirmed in its grasp, screaming for help. The pair ran to help him, but the thing noticed, quickly pulling his neck and ankle either way. Carls's screams were silenced as Abyss looked away. He could hear a snap and a crunch, after a second he looked back. Carl had been ripped in half by the metallic monstrosity and immediately killed in the attack. Jenna ignored him, picking up the Reaper's Leader and dragging him into the sewers. Eddie ran- he knew the android was slow but merciless.

Jais
"I'm hoping so." And with the words she pulled out a shock baton and smacked her in the face with it. Knocking her out. She then connected Alison to the operative's systems. Disabling most if not all of her systems. She then awakens in chains. She has been stripped of all of her gear except for some clothing which has been searched. There is a chain on both her arms that connects to the wall. And one on both her legs. And one on her neck. They seem to be electrically charged with electronics. At a click of a button electricity strikes her. She's in a jail chamber. Surrounded by steel bars. Jais is sitting on a chair nearby next to a table. Sitting with multiple people with masks. Who seem to be playing cards. Everyone lays down her cards and then she does and mockingly says "Ha I win again!" But she doesn't yell too loudly. She then collects varying coins lying in the center.

Alisa
She is sitting in a chair near Jais. Next to several tables with varying equipment. There seem to be 20 of her performing various roles. Some are even reverse engineering tech captured from the fight. Two stand guard at Phantoms cell. Each is donned in attire strangely similar to Division 6. Likely stolen. And they are armed with combat shotguns. Armor Piercing rounds by the looks of it. Alisa then leans in and whispers to Jais. "Shes awake."

Jais
She waves a hand to the people at the table who all get up and bring their coins with them. Then swiftly departing into the shadows. She looks at Phantom for a moment her hand on her chin. Thinking.

Gears Gears

Lex simply sighed at his words studying the boy carefully, she needed someone to trust and she needed the boy to trust her but they were far too different. “I believe you believe that, honestly I’m sure she believes that as well but there are things you don’t understand, they only show you what they want you to see.” Lex paused for a moment clearly considering her next words carefully. She was out of options here, whether the boy knew her secret or not she was in danger if there was a chance it would sway his mind in her favour she had to try. “Listen, I’m not from the underground, I was just like you at one point, my parents..” her jaw tensed the subject obviously striking a nerve. “My parents were Renata and Ivan Baerik.” Due to their high up position within the agency she was sure he would recognize the names, Lex dropped her gaze it was the first time she had even said their names out loud since they died. The sound of the aircraft overhead made her heart race she couldn’t be seen looking the way she did. “Wait here.” She whispered leaving the boy to take in the information she had just dropped on him. She sprinted to the last security agents body she had seen and pulled off his gear changing into it and pulling the helmet over her face. It was too large on her and she felt out of place in the outfit. She ran back to the boy still unsteady from the blood loss.

Gears Gears

Phantom
Phantom struggled in her chains for a moment, before giving up. “Like I said, leaving me alive is a security risk for you-“ She said as she felt the chains- she wasn’t Enhanced so she would have no way to escape the bonds. “Don’t see any other reason why you would keep me here- I can be replaced, Revenant always has replacements in case one of us dies.” She said calmly, scanning the room for any weapons.

Graham
“T-The Baerik’s were killed by an unknown Enhanced-she told everyone.” Graham’s mind spun- Constance wouldn’t lie, would she? Perhaps this was the killer, trying to find a way to kill Constance as well. She looked weak from her injuries- he had bandages his leg enough that he had a chance. He wasn’t sure if she had grabbed a rifle off of the body, but soon he realized it was too late as the aircraft lowered towards the pair. Several guards stepped out, checking for any Assassin before Constance stepped out, approaching the pair before pulling Graham into a hug. Graham’s ain’t rarely showed emotion, but worry was on her face as she saw the wound. “Get that godforsaken medic over her.” She yelled, returning to the cold mask she wore when she looked over Lez, not recognizing the disguise.

Lex let out a curt laugh shaking her helmet clad head at Grahams words. Of course she had blamed the enhanced, her blood boiled with anger the hatred in her eyes hidden by the visor. “Why do you believe everything she tells you?” She asked her voice dripping with anger. The conversation was cut short by the aircraft landing, her pulse quickening as she watched Blaggard step out towards them. She pictured herself lunging at the woman stabbing a blade deep into her throat, but she was unarmed and with the amount of guards surrounding them she doubted she would even make it that far. As Constance pulled the boy into a hug Lex took a step back in confusion, her face twisted into a puzzled look under her helmet, she had rarely seen Constance show this kind of softness let alone hug an agent, who was he to her? She felt her heart pounding in her chest, had she made a mistake telling the boy, she had never guessed they would be close. As Constance turned towards her Lex took a shaky breath standing up straighter. “Ma’am.” She said doing her best to alter her voice enough to not be recognizable. “I’ve been hit and ran out of medical supplies. We got separated from the rest of our squad.” Lex motioned to her side where she had been shot. She hoped that Constance would not care enough about random agent to take any sort of particular notice of her.

Gears Gears

Phantom
Phantom struggled in her chains for a moment, before giving up. “Like I said, leaving me alive is a security risk for you-“ She said as she felt the chains- she wasn’t Enhanced so she would have no way to escape the bonds. “Don’t see any other reason why you would keep me here- I can be replaced, Revenant always has replacements in case one of us dies.” She said calmly, scanning the room for any weapons.
Alison
She stands up and slowly walks to the cage. She waves and the guards open the cell door. She walks inside as do the guards. One of the clones picks up a chair and sets it inside before walking back out. One of the guards closes the cell back up. They stand beside her on opposite sides. "Oh, that's part of the reason why your here. You're replaceable. In their eyes anyways." She then motioned to the chains. Which seemed to almost go into her body in places. And said in a simple and straightforward tone. "Electroshackles. Dont expect you to know about them. They go into your body. I can manipulate them as I wish. Pain, pleasure anything you can imagine you can feel I can grant or curse you with. So then Phantom what is your real name?" Jais remained in her spot counting her coins. The guards remain unsteadily still. Just starring behind their metal masks.

Graham
Graham was still unsure of Lex’s intentions- perhaps she got the face wrong, and once he proved it she could give up on killing a (mostly) innocent woman who did more good to this city than most. Even if she wanted to kill his aunt, she was supposedly the daughter of the Baerik family, she seemed to want Constance dead. All the same, he couldn’t let her rot in prisons for impersonating an officer- hopefully she could get out of this unscathed with his help. “Yes- She was a new transfer, I don’t know where the rest are- at least one is KIA.” He said before the medic began tending to the wound, fixing his shoddy bandaging before moving onto Lex.
“Well then, I will have you transported to your teams barracks while we search for any survivors.” She said before heading towards Revenant and a few other officers.
Socio Socio

Phantom
Phantom looked closer at the shackles, perhaps she could tamper with them- for now she would play along. “Lieutenant First Class 3 Callsign Phantom.” She said, unsure of what to do, before she paused, seeing an Inferno Agent locked up nearby. “What the fuck is he doing here- get me out, I can’t be here when they find him.” She said, struggling in her restraints. The inferno agent hadn’t made a sound, if he was tortured he didn’t react. No matter what they did the mask wasn’t coming off, along with any other parts of his uniform, except the armor and weapons. He didn’t stir as Phantom tried to escape, even as she shouted at them to kill that thing.

Lex was shocked when the boy covered for her she studied him through her helmet trying to understand his motivations. She had spent so long hating every security agent she had almost forgotten that plenty of them were simply kids taught just one view of the world. Whoever this boy was he had saved her countless times already and while she barely trusted him, he had yet to turn her in or harm her, perhaps he was simply good natured, that was something hard to come by these days. As the medic approached her Lex flinched away instinctively, she didn’t let people get close to her skin, due to the unfortunate effect of mass amounts of excruciating pain for whoever came in contact with her, but she noted the gloves that the medic wore and relaxed slightly. “Sorry, still hurts quite a bit.” She muttered softly to cover her tracks. She clenched her jaw as the medic got to work on her injury her mind wondering back to the hug that Constance and Graham had shared. Surely he meant something to her, there was no way Blaggard would be that worried about any other agent. She waited for the medic to finish and be out of earshot before turning to the boy arms crossed. “Care to share what the fuck that was?” She whispered at him, motioning towards the ship behind them with a nod of her helmet. “Who are you?” This time her voice was quiet almost as if she was scared of what he would reply.

Gears Gears

Graham
Graham handed the destroyed pistol to a one of the scrap collectors- filling out a form in case they managed to repair it- otherwise it would be recycled. Eddie kept an eye on Lex- even if she was unarmed she didn’t want to risk his aunt. He accepted some painkillers from a second medic who had taken over while the other attended to Lex. Graham heard a transport drive toward them, a self driving armored vehicle. He walked towards the vehicle before hearing the question- he wasn’t sure if she really thought or believed his aunt had killed her parents- if this wasn’t all a lie. “Yeah- the Directors my Aunt.” He said before ducking into the car, waiting for Lex- unless she wanted to sneak away.

Lex copied Graham taking the painkillers from the medic. She looked hesitant to take them glancing at the boy and waiting for him to swallow them before she followed suit. She had a heavy mistrust towards pretty much any topsider even the medics afterall they worked under Blaggard. She began following Graham towards the vehicle her steps faltering at his words- his aunt? Lex felt sick to her stomach the blood in her veins running cold, how could she have been so stupid to trust not only a security agent but Constance Blaggards family. She paused considering getting in with him before sighing heavily and climbing in beside him. He had covered for her to Constance that had to mean at least something. The image of the two of them hugging flashed through her mind once more, the worry on Blaggards face had been evident, clearly she cared deeply about the boy. If something were to happen to him maybe she would feel at least a small amount of the pain she had put Lex through. Yet something about the boy made it hard for her to want to harm him, the way he had sheilded her when they were being shot at, or lying to his family just so she wouldn't be apprehended or worse. Despite growing up surrounded by what Lex considered to be the root of all evil he somehow had managed to keep his morals. Lex pulled the visor of her helmet up peering over at him, "That would've been a good thing to know." she replied simply, the girl was silent for a moment clearly lost in thought. "Thank you by the way I know you didn't have to cover for me." her words came out awkwardly. "I get it, shes your family of course you want to believe shes everything you thought she was, but Im telling you there is a lot she has been lying about. My parents hid that I was enhanced, your aunt found out and executed them, thats why I've lived underground ever since." Lex pulled a chain from around her neck the ring attached on the end clearly expensive. She held it up showing him the engraved K.B. on the inside. “My real name is Kaia Baerik.”

Gears Gears

Graham
Graham waited until the car started before talking, clearly distressed by the claims of his aunts crimes. He hadn’t known the Baerik’s that well, going to some gala’s with his cousin and aunt, but Constance wouldn’t have killed them- right? He cleared his throat, wanting to change the subject- maybe he could look into the report later, just to be sure- of his aunts innocence of course. “My team’s barracks should be nearby- I can add a report that you where there- If my...” he began to say before shaking his head- surely his team, his friends had made it out alive. “When the rest of the team arrives I can convince them to cover for you- we would need to make a fake Agency Application, as a captain, my squad leader would have authority to take you out there- I can try and forge her signature if she doesn’t- get here.”
Socio Socio

Lex noticed the shift in Grahams demeanor letting out a soft sigh as he changed the subject. It was going to be hard to make him see the truth but the fact that he was willing to protect her meant that there was still a chance. The boys voice when he spoke of him team wavered, she could tell he was worried they might not all have made it out alive. She didn't bring it up she had never been good at comforting people and she didn't think it would help coming from her regardless. "What isgoing on, why is there so many agents here, your aunt, Midas' crew. they wouldnt come all this way north for no reason, what is everyone after?" Lex leaned her head against the side of the door.
Gears Gears

Graham
Graham stared out the window at the city as they left the barren ghost town of The North side, as the streets slowly began to see more and more activity. At first one could see some squatters moving about, then some children playing in the street, until they saw the city. A complete contrast to the abandoned area, people moved about, the new cube apartments constantly moving as their hundreds of tenets moved from their standard apartments to other floors. Traffic increased but they stayed on The Agency lane. “I don’t know- My aunt came here because my team didn’t respond to the hourly check-in, Inferno wouldn’t have his somewhere like a bank- I guess only Whisperers makes any sense. The guy with the skull mask- That’s Revenant, creepy guy- does black ops and the more secret missions- but whatever he lost, he will keep it quiet, but I can check his report, I managed to steal my Aunts login for the database.” Graham said as they neared the docks, an area near the man made lake that took up around a quarter of the area. The teams barracks was standard, a perimeter wall, guard tower, then the single building where they trained, slept, and everything else they could need.
Socio Socio

Phantom
Phantom looked closer at the shackles, perhaps she could tamper with them- for now she would play along. “Lieutenant First Class 3 Callsign Phantom.” She said, unsure of what to do, before she paused, seeing an Inferno Agent locked up nearby. “What the fuck is he doing here- get me out, I can’t be here when they find him.” She said, struggling in her restraints. The inferno agent hadn’t made a sound, if he was tortured he didn’t react. No matter what they did the mask wasn’t coming off, along with any other parts of his uniform, except the armor and weapons. He didn’t stir as Phantom tried to escape, even as she shouted at them to kill that thing.
Alisa
"He is already dead." She waved a hand and one of her clones went into the cell the agent was in. Showing a sniper shot in the head. Jaises rifle by the looks of it. The clone then returned to its station. She then restated in a stern and commanding voice. "What is your real name lieutenant? Why do you fear the Inferno agent so much?" A few of the clones went into the cell with the Inferno agent. Carrying his corpse and then vanishing behind dark hallways. The smell of fire can be heard. Alisa then waved a hand. Sending a shudder through Phantom which practically forced her to stop struggling.

Lex’s heart ached as they drove through the city where she had grown up, she had to admit she missed her life above ground. She missed not needing to fight to survive, her friends and family, the constant sounds that filled the air. Lex’s eyebrows raised as she looked over at the boy a smirk resting on her face hidden by the helmet. “You stole her login? Y’know you’re actually cooler than I thought” she said the grin still present. She turned her attention back towards the window watching as they pulled into the barracks. Lex had visited a few sites like this with her parents when she was a kid but now that she was a fugitive it felt a lot less welcoming. She fidgeted nervously in her seat pulling the visor of her helmet down to shield her face better. “Are my eyes gonna be an issue?” She asked referencing the fact that she was an enhanced.

Gears Gears

Graham
Graham held to the seat as the vehicle stopped, shuddering for a second when the engine made a random noise- Just an old truck- nothing else He told himself before turning to Lex. "That may be an issue, I'm not certified to work with enhanced, along with the rest of the team- maybe we can get contacts?" He said as gen stepped out, staring suspiciously at the vehicle before waiting for Lex to follow.

Alisa
"He is already dead." She waved a hand and one of her clones went into the cell the agent was in. Showing a sniper shot in the head. Jaises rifle by the looks of it. The clone then returned to its station. She then restated in a stern and commanding voice. "What is your real name lieutenant? Why do you fear the Inferno agent so much?" A few of the clones went into the cell with the Inferno agent. Carrying his corpse and then vanishing behind dark hallways. The smell of fire can be heard. Alisa then waved a hand. Sending a shudder through Phantom which practically forced her to stop struggling.
Phantom
"Standard capture protocol- I've told you everything I'm allowed, and have enough experiments with torture to resist your shit- good way to test new techniques answer insure our agents won't talk." She said as she watched the body pass. She could tell them how much danger the body was, even in a dormant state- but she didn't care, instead smirking as she heard something- a slight yelp that years of sensory training Andy augmentation allowed her to detect, unlike the others.

Lex gave him a concerned glance noticing how tense he became as the engine sputtered. She didn't mention it thinking back to the contacts that she had worn for nearly her whole life. She had stopped wearing them when she was underground but he was right it would probably be best to keep them both out of trouble. "Thats a good plan, do you have any way of getting a pair? I can only wear this heavy ass helmet for so long." She shook her head back and forth making the too large helmet wobble slightly. Lex climbed out of the truck after Graham noticing once more as he eyed the vehicle warily. "Its a truck, its not gonna bite." She said raising an eyebrow at the boy.

Gears Gears

Graham
"I'm sure we'll find a way to get you some- and I can find a smaller helmet in the storage room." Graham wasn't sure if she wasn't staying that long- she clearly wasn't staying long- and besides, what if she really was planning something- she didn't want to choose between turning her in or leaving his aunt in danger- but for now he would help her, maybe find a way to show that Constance and The Agency wasn't the bad guys.
Socio Socio

39a62a1bbd4b231178c64e37517ececb.jpg
Abyss
Abyss checked on the wounds he had sustained in battle. The heroes had managed to slow him down but he managed to get a hold of his prize. Eddie opened the canister as he started at the ten vials of various colored liquids. The stuffwas going to change everything. Eddie closed the canister before shoving it into his backpack, for now, he needed to find a way to his safe house. Eddie reckoned Twilight Alley would be good enough, but as he reached the vent he heard the chatter from a Security Agent radio.

“Charlie-27, Sweep the area- ignore the Site.” The operative said over the radio. Eddie quickly pressed against he nearby wall, dimming the lenses on his helmet, lowering his vision but making it harder for the blood-red glow to be seen. Eddie held his breath as the agent shined his light through the dusty tunnel, for once grateful for the grime that covered the metal, keeping his reflection concealed. The guard’s light soon disappeared, likely searching the next area. Eddie kicked the door open and ran, ignoring the cries from the Agent.

Thrill filled Eddie as he ran through alleyways, ignoring the growing of footsteps, either from the guard getting closer or more men joining the chase. Eddie took a second, looking back- both were true, the Security Agent had called for backup, and they where rapidly approaching. Eddie ran through the market, before he was taken to the ground.

Eddie looked to his side as his back stung, seeing a projectile- rubber bullets. The men gathered around him as he clutched the canister to his chest- he wouldn’t let them take him- never again. Eddie grabbed his pistol, waving at them in a panic, noticing something before he could think of his plan of last resort- the mining train was passing above. Eddie eyed the last symbol, Roshium- one of the newly discovered minerals produced by the unique environment created by the desperate and prototype machines that terraformed the land the city was built on. Eddie pointed hi pistol in the air, hearing the guards get closer to wrench the weapon away as he fired a single shot.

The shot was far, but his aim was true as he hit the last car, the pressurized interior that kept the material sucked out and dumped onto the street in a coating of dust. Eddie could have pulled out his lighter- his suit was flame retardant- but he saw the people through his goggles Enhanced vision panicking as they tried to run the combustible dust off of them, before opening the case.

The Agents stifled coughed as they pulled out batons- the cloud would combust if they executed the unknown rebel- flames had begun to spread on the train from his shot. The cloud soon lifted as they looked, dumbfounded at the place where he had fallen. He was gone, the men who had formed a perimeter in case of a sudden escape hadn’t caught him- nothing remained but that revolver, it’s one bullet spent.

981AFE7B-FA45-42D9-BE1A-98D5FC319CF3.jpeg
Ghoul or Beatrice
Ghoul plunged the knife into the patrolling clones neck, covering its mouth as she have out a giggle under the mask, taking a second the savor its last Yelp of terror before carefully shoving the corpse into a locker. She enjoyed the thrill of bloodshed- the aspect of killing an unknown Enhanced made her wonder what she could derive from its corpse- she used to hate the gathering of ingredients, but now she reviled in the dissecting of enemies, using her abilities to attempt to replicate dead Enhanced abilities.

Ghoul made sure the corpse was dead, grinning as if didn’t dissipate- she had already gathered some of the ashes left by both Inferno Agents and these clones. Her knife didn’t kill like most did. She could control how it killed- wether she wanted it to pass through her victims flesh like a ghost, or her favorite- brutally tearing through flesh with an unnatural sharpness- attracting blood as she absorbed it- making her faster, making her feel. Ghoul quickly gathered some samples in the pouch- eagerly using her knifes and strives to extract Bone Marrow, Brain Tissue, Bones, and any blood that hadn’t flowed out of the wound and into her, the stains that covered her pale costumes already fading away as her body greedily drank up its grisly prize.

Ghoul searched the other pouch until she found it, downing the liquid before moving on. She was nothing but a trick of the light now- only a strong light pointed directly at her could show her- but she stuck to the shadows. She had no form, a Ghoul- the dissaperation potion was the one of easiest potions to create, its effect instantly rendering her as intangible as a knife and as invisible as her target- Phantom.

Phantom
"Standard capture protocol- I've told you everything I'm allowed, and have enough experiments with torture to resist your shit- good way to test new techniques answer insure our agents won't talk." She said as she watched the body pass. She could tell them how much danger the body was, even in a dormant state- but she didn't care, instead smirking as she heard something- a slight yelp that years of sensory training Andy augmentation allowed her to detect, unlike the others.
Alison
"Oh, how boring." She said in a seemingly bored and unenthusiastic voice. She touches the shackles with her fingers. Phantom feels electrical currents begin. Alison then walks out of the cage as do the clones. Closing it back up behind them. Phantom then feels pain shoot through her body. It's almost like needles are stabbing her in every spot possible. Even pain resistance training would not do much for this. This is accompanied by sensory loss. She begins to lose vision and hearing. Eventually, all she can hear is ringing. And all she can feel is shooting pain. It would force most people to scream as loud as they could. And even for someone like her that might be what happens. The pain steadily climbs and climbs. Slowly at first and then quicker.
Jais
She heard the clone hit the floor and a signal from the telepathy network that a clone was down. She picked her rifle up and aimed at where she thought the sound came from. Spotting Ghoul as she was taking samples. Alison seemed to notice as well. Alison snapped her fingers and the clone's body turned to ash once more. Jais then fired. For a rifle, it's not that loud. At the sound of the shot, the clones get into combat positions. They all pick up weapons and equip armor at once. Jais had hit Ghoul in the side of the chest. The clones then opened fire. Several hit Ghoul in various places. Some of the clones then resume whatever work they were doing. But wear armor and have firearms on them.

Phantom
Phantom remained firm, gritting her teeth before soon erupting into obscenities, but still, she didn't break as it went on. This was nothing like the artificial torture, using some enhanced abilities before bringing healers to restore the body. Her mind was strong, but it had limits- this would break her eventually if she didn't do anything about it. She was alone- they made that mistake. Phantom couldn't see, or feel- but she had experienced sensory deprivation. Being the first generation of Revenant's troops, she had experienced all of the torture training, even the ones he had begrudgingly abandoned for the brutality and effects that had killed most testees, or worse. Phantom couldn't feel her limbs but she could move them. She tried her best to slam into the wall. Amid all of the pain she felt, she couldn't feel it- she could be paralyzed for all she knew. Phantom continued, hoping this was working until she hit the ground, the pain disappearing and her senses returning. Phantom looked around- sure enough, she had managed to dislocate and brutally break both arms, allowing her to wriggle out of the chains. Phantom held back the pain- this was nothing compared to what she had experienced seconds ago. Phantom managed to crawl to a table of her belongings before reaching the belt, grabbing a vial of liquid with her teeth. Phantom bit down on the vial, ignoring as glass shattered into her mouth, feeling the cool liquid ease her pain, slowly repairing her wounds. After a few minutes, Phantom got to her feet, grabbing the possessions that weren't thrown off the building by that bitch.

Ghoul
Ghoul hadn't expected the clones to detect the death of their mate- but her knife learned as always. This time, when she threw her knife at the nearest, the knife passed through whatever material they used for armor before rematerializing between her eyes. Unlike the other times, the clone likely wouldn't be able to turn to ash or be detected as it fell- she could gather her samples when it was done. The bullets passed through her, the potion effect stable as she became fully invisible, summoning the knife before beginning a killing spree. All the clones could hear was mad laughter as they one by one fell to the ground, not turning to ash or able to be remade- at least for now. Eventually, few clones remained and Ghoul reappeared, her potion spent. "My orders are to give you the option of surrender and spending your useless lives in our private prison- but I rarely listen to orders anyway." She said before putting a new vial to her lips.

Ghoul dropped the potion as an explosion rocked the area- Shit, they were faster than she thought. Ghoul shoved past the clones, forgetting her desire to kill them as she fled to the source of blood that was most familiar, unenhanced. Ghoul was inhumanly fast, barely a blur as she gave a mischievous smirk. "Good luck- you'll need it- and sorry about the clones you are slightly less useless than most humans." She called out before slamming the door to the interrogation room. Phantom swung at her before she could react, hitting the unsuspecting enhanced. "Fuck Phantom- I know we don't get along but I have my orders to get you out of here." She whined as she rubbed her head. Phantom gave no apology as she grabbed the last object from the table, by all accounts appearing to be a pen- but inside was something else. Phantom drew a doorway into the wall, after a second it glowed with a green light.
1705522096630.png
Nova- The Noble Vigilante
Inferno agents burst into the room, silent as always as they formed ranks to attack- they wouldn't even offer the option of surrendering to their prey. Nova watched from above, a hole in the wall he had burnt in the chaos. As he expected, The Fifth Division had sent someone after their own, and Inferno had come to recover the body. Nova was unsure of why they wanted it. Whenever an operative fell in the field, the ever-masked combatants burned the bodies once fighting had ended- occasionally carrying some away. The inferno operatives are the most mysterious group in the city. He had never found evidence of former agents- perhaps they befell the same fate as those who fell in the field. Nova had never heard them speak- he could find no noise suppression systems in the helmets he had gathered from corpses or any communications equipment. All the same, they died like humans. Nova became intangible as he dropped down, becoming flesh again in front of the group of clustered people. He fired his rifle into the first group, the armor-piercing rounds tearing through them like butter, falling before they could threaten the remaining unknown combatants. Nova raised his hand as a blinding light erupted from it, a wall of ice separating the group from Inferno. "Who do you work for?!" He yelled, pointing his rifle at them- he could kill them all, power coursed through him, the power to crush the inferior people around him, freeze them, turn them to ash, tear them from reality, leaving no trace- but he didn't hurt them, not until he knew who they worked for. No one knew who Nova was, but his suit was the uniform of the legendary Nova Team known by everyone in the city, as the uncorrupted and independent hero team- willing to help anyone, no matter where they came from or who their allegiances went to. The heroes that had saved many, the ones that had disappeared- until now.
CommanderNecro CommanderNecro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back