• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Another Day- A Sci-Fi Superhero RP Main Thread (ACCEPTING)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Jais then appeared again. Firing 2 more shots. Hitting two more snipers. Which quickly dropped. Then she started firing onto a nearby rooftop. Where another sniper was housed. Her rounds shoot straight through the brick the sniper is using as cover. But the sniper starts running. The two of you can hear Jais say. "Godamit stay still for 2 seconds!" Then she seems to hit the sniper's leg and then the sniper's head. And another thump is heard. Then Jais turns her sniper right at Lex and Graham. And she looks down the scope. "All the snipers are dead except for the one on the roof above you. And she's not peaking unless she's a fucken idiot. So why exactly am I staring at a Security Agent corrupt asshole with an enhanced?" She doesn't seem to be bluffing ether. And seeing a security agent with an enhanced is admittedly... strange.
Gears Gears
Socio Socio

Lex flinched at every shot, she was still getting used to the concept of bullets flying past her. She heard the stranger talking to herself before more shots went off followed by a thud. Lex glanced up towards the sound of the voice her gaze meeting the scope of a sniper. "I've been asking myself the same question." She muttered to herself quietly, she raised her arms slightly to show she was unarmed, not that it would have mattered much either way with her life in the hands of a simple squeeze of a trigger. She couldn't help but feel a sense of relief flood through her at the mysterious individuals words, they were certainly not with the agency, and it sounded like they had just about as much disdain for them as Lex did. "Listen he wasn't exactly my first choice of company okay?" She shouted back in response, turning to the boy briefly to add a quiet "no offense." Lex inched herself farther behind Graham essentially using him as a meat shield. "Listen, I'm just trying to get out of here without my head blown off by some random fucks shooting at me for god knows what reason."

Gears Gears
CommanderNecro CommanderNecro

Graham

“I don’t think it’s one of mine- our snipers don’t usually do bolt action.” Graham said as he held his pistol ready, before releasing the unknown marksman was already within range. He lowered his pistol, still keeping it ready as he listened, not taking too much offense to their conversation about the Agency. “I know you too hate me for some reason- but those guys aren’t mine- already shot down at least one of my friends.” He said, slowly backing away from the sniper in case she began to fire on him.

Socio Socio

"For some reason-" Lex echoed shaking her head slightly. She couldn't blame the boy, she knew all too well he had been born into the life he knew, his opinion of the underground being forced upon him from birth. It had taken her parents execution to open her own eyes to the horrors the agency was capable of and even now she wasn't entirely sure her loyalty was with the opposing side. She had no care for politics, never having claimed to fight for some sort of rebel or anti-agency movement. All she truly cared about was seeking revenge against the people that had wronged her, namely Blaggard. Lex had heard talk of uprisings whispered throughout the underground but it wasn't until going topside that she had realized how much of a force they had become. "Your friend would have killed me for simply existing given the chance. Yet you still think we are the villains." Lex hissed out the last word repeating what he had called her when they first met.

Gears Gears

Graham

Graham was enraged when Lex insulted his dead friend, gripping his pistol as his face twisted into a familiar grimace, though no one could recognize it. “Rig would have been too much of a fucking coward to pull the trigger- he had a fucking kid damn it.” He said before walking toward the door. “You should be fine with the sniper, I’m done here.” He said coldly before starting down the staircase, to retrace his steps and find any surviving teammates.

Socio Socio

The boys anger suprised Lex but his words only fueled her own rage further. "Oh he had a child?" Lex laughed sarcastically, marching down the stairs after him her rational thoughts clearly having gone out the window. "Like any of that has ever mattered to your precious agency." The sight of his uniform clouded her mind, the past hour she had spent with the boy melted away replaced now with the knowledge of him being just another soldier supporting those who had destroyed her life. "Yeah cadet try tellilng that to my parents, why don't you go ask your Director if having a kid stopped her from pulling the trigger?" Lex yelled after him, all thoughts of self preservation clearly thrown to the wind. She couldn't think, anger bubbled through her threatening to spill over. She wanted to throw the boy over the edge of the stairs, she wanted him to hurt. Lex's eyes shone green once more a sign of what was to come. She sent blinding pain up the boys hand which sat on his weapon, mostly to make a point, but she cut it short to add on a few extra words. "You don't know shit, so don't pretend like you do."

Gears Gears

Graham

Graham stormed off, he was better off with his actual team, not some random enhanced from the undercity, trying to ignore her words- but what did she mean about the director- surely the two didn't have a past. Graham tried not to think about it. It was enough working with a potential conspirator, a falter in his loyalty could be devastating- termination and being put on several black lists and watch lists. He cried out when he felt the sudden pain, no doubt from her as he almost collapsed on the railing, not hearing the ancient cement crumble as he got his bearings. Suddenly, the side began to collapse, almsot taking Graham with it, but in the sudden panic he had dropped his pistol. He wouldn't head back to beg for his baton- they where cheep and he was fine with avoiding Lex for the rest of his life.
Socio Socio

Pre-Lude to First World Event

The Northern Bank was far enough from the events going on all over the city to suspect anything different from the usual events of the day. They were unaware of the ambush in the heart of the abandoned town, unaware of the vigilante mercenary as she captured her pray, unaware of the conspirators plotting the attack on this very bank. Like usual, the android cleaned the halls of the public area, passing by as people applied for loans or attempted to repeal the reclaims that the owner had put in place when they couldn’t pay their dues. The two lines where deeply contested, the young and bright middle class people trying to start new lives by taking enough money to buy apartments, older and miserable people begging for the houses they applied for years ago to be returned, begging for more money less they go to the debtors mines.

The first abnormality was the mechanic- no one had called one, and there hadn’t been any recent incidents. The unsuspecting receptionist let the man pass, not noticing as he walked into the security room, waiting to ensure that the room was empty before removing the biomask, a device that perfectly disguised his features. Warren put the mask into the mechanics box, fishing out a suppressed pistol and his other tools. He tucked the suppressor in his holster along with a stolen baton, retrieving a mask to complete the first step. He paused when he heard the door open, turning to try petrified security guard. He was likely a Security Agency Reject, the majority using the skills as contract security or mercenary's.

Warren charged forward before he could react, striking him first in the head as he drew his pistol, firing between his eyes. The agent dropped to the ground immediately with a thud, Warren waited a minute to see if anyone would investigate the scuffle. After he was satisfied that the complication was sorted out, he shoved the body behind a nearby desk, out of sight. Warren tried to wipe the blood off of his collar, but it had stained. He ignored the stain, checking his radio. “Carl, you in posistion?” He hissed, reloading his pistol before walking out the corridor, watching the movement of a the camera before running into the doorway across, the delivery center. Warren crouched behind the first truck, mostly used to reclaim debtors possessions as he listened to his radio, after a second he got an answer. “Affirmative, Twins are waiting at entrance, Mettle is in the bathrooms.” Warren smiled before lifting the gate, revealing the bespectacled Carl, the team’s technopath and communications expert.

Carl stepped inside, pulling out his own tools as he got to work on the security systems, stopping any silent alarms and deactivating any devices Evelyn may have access to. Mettle stood on a chair next to a hole in the ceiling, a drill at her feet and another chair keeping the door barricaded as she shoved the newly modified drone in the ceiling where it would begin its tasks. The twins waited near the entrance in an unmarked vent, checking the ammo on their firearms as they waited for the signal to burst into the doors.

Socio Socio CommanderNecro CommanderNecro Gordon_Greenwood Gordon_Greenwood Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu concrete concrete

Graham

Graham stormed off, he was better off with his actual team, not some random enhanced from the undercity, trying to ignore her words- but what did she mean about the director- surely the two didn't have a past. Graham tried not to think about it. It was enough working with a potential conspirator, a falter in his loyalty could be devastating- termination and being put on several black lists and watch lists. He cried out when he felt the sudden pain, no doubt from her as he almost collapsed on the railing, not hearing the ancient cement crumble as he got his bearings. Suddenly, the side began to collapse, almsot taking Graham with it, but in the sudden panic he had dropped his pistol. He wouldn't head back to beg for his baton- they where cheep and he was fine with avoiding Lex for the rest of his life.
Socio Socio
Jais shot a round next to Lex. The sound of it rang nearby. "Jesus christ people. Look I wanna shoot him in the face too. But for now, come with me." She then paused for a solid moment. "Unless you would prefer the other sniper." She quickly stood up from her piece of cover. And motioned with her hand to follow her. "Hey, kid." He called to Graham. "Promise im not as bitchy as the girl."

The shot Jais had fired hit the wall next to Lex her ears ringing from the sound. She flinched away from it grabbing onto the railing opposite the wall and turned wide-eyed towards the sniper. "Would everyone STOP SHOOTING AT ME!" She yelled the ringing eventually subsiding. The shot seemed to have snapped Lex from her blindless rage. She peered over the edge at where the boy had stomped off to then back up towards the stranger on the roof. "Its not too late yknow." she half joked referencing the comment about shooting the security agent. Lex wasn't sure following the lady who had just shot a bullet mere inches from her face was the best idea, but she wasn't about to take her chances with the other sniper still in the area. She made her way up to where Jais was muttering to herself "I am not bitchy."

Gears Gears

Graham

Graham walked down the staircase, finally coming across his pistol. He picked it up, hoping it hadn’t been damaged in the fall. He could hear the threats and jokes about finishing him off echo down there, and even though he liked to pretend that Lex wasn’t a villain or murderer, he wasn’t about to take his chances. Graham’s radio had been damaged when Rig’s corpse knocked him to the ground, only static could be heard now. He just needed to think- he needed to remember protocol. He sat down at the nearest alcove, bringing his head in his hands. His friend was dead and he was alone, some psychos were trying to kill him and all he had was a fucking pistol. Take Stock and Find a way out The words echoed in his head. He pulled the pistol from his holster, he was glad it had taken the five story fall instead of him, but all of its unique features where broken, the smart bullets offline, he would have to make every shot count. Sixteen normal bullets remained. Shit, maybe he did have a chance- he was a decent enough shot, hopefully he didn’t have to worry about that stranger that Lex was with.

"Eh. I better get going. They ain't gonna want me gone for long." Jais called to the two. Then Jais looked down at the security agent. "He's your problem now. No idea what the hells happening between you two but I anit getting involved." Jais then simply motioned to Graham and Lex to follow her. And specifically to Graham to not do something stupid. A look at her sniper reveals interesting things. Her scope is a bit more than a scope. It has a smart bullet system. And it doesn't seem to shoot small bullets ether. One shot and kaputsky.

Socio Socio if you want to interact next, your choice to go after Graham or follow Jais.

"He's not my problem." Lex replied plainly, turning to give the boy one last glance realizing she hadn't even asked his name, but finally turned and followed the girl. It was probably for the best the likelyhood of the two getting along further was low and she was sure he would be loyal to his fellow agents at the end of the day. "So where are we headed?" Lex thought about what the girl had said, who wouldn't want her gone for long? By the way she had been speaking she wasn't a part of any security agency so that would at least be a relief.

Jais simply walked into the shadows as Lex caught up. "One of the shops." the shop is known by many as where the Wanderers perform their deeds. "Was contracted to shoot the snipers so I shot the snipers. And I want my pay." Jais then looked back towards Lex. "Never seen you around. You new to these kinds of things?" Jais asked her as she started walking backwards. New enhanced weren't unheard of. But one with a security agent was.
Socio Socio

Lex swung the baton that Graham had left her as she followed Jais taking a moment to think through the past few hours. How had she managed to get shot at, run into a security agent, make peace with said security agent, get into a fight with him and then end up following some strange lady who had by the way, ALSO shot near her, down unfamilliar streets. It was evident to Lex that the sniper was not new to this life, she walked with purpose and had taken out those opposing snipers with ease. Her question caused Lex to tense briefly, her gaze avoiding the other girls as she weighed how much information she should divulge. "Definitely new to whatever it was that happened back there." Lex chuckled. The laugh fell flat betraying her sarcastic facade. "I haven't been up here in a while." She said finally, that seemed safe enough to say without providing too much information.

"You go your way il go mine. Heard somethings about to get going on soon. You can find me at the shop if you need me." Jais walked into the shadow. Then practically disappearing. With a small note left behind showing where the shop is. As for where she went is unknown.

"What do you mean somethings about to get going?" She called after the girl as she dissapeared into the shadows. Lex sighed throwing her hands into the air as the looked around alone once again. She looked over the note wondering about what kind of things the shop had to offer before tucking the paper into her back pocket. With shots no longer being fired in her direction the reality of her situation began to set in. Lex grabbed her sunglasses out of her sweater and put them on hiding her eyes. She was out of her element, just being above ground already put her in danger and now she was far enough away that she would never get back to the underground without going through multiple security agents. There was no shot in hell Lex was heading back in the direction of those psychotic snipers so she was essentially out of options. She made her way out of the streets and into a side alley, there was a peice of wall that had partially crumbled making a sort of cubby. She tucked herself in behind it sitting with her head resting in the corner. For now she would try to get some rest and figure out the rest later.

Prelude 2
Rahn- The Inhuman Gaurdsman
1704224208089.png

Rahn's movements were slow and methodical, taking note of every variable in his vicinity. He wore a hood over his metal Exoskelotan, a scarf further disguising his android identity, the only clue being the robotic arm and the blue light that shone through the darkness. He could be mistaken for a cyborg, as long as he stayed silent. He was content with staying a stranger, none needed to know his or his master's identity. To his annoyance, his charge did not consider his idea to stay in the shadows, carelessly running ahead of him in the center of the street. Rahn wished to pull the boy into the shadowy sidewalk, afraid of the notice of others or vehicular accidents, but he couldn't touch him, not after the incident. Rahn was an android, the lowest of the low. Only surface dwellers owned them, except for his master- a powerful man down here. Because of how many droids were used in the war, many didn't trust Rahn, including his own master.

Rahn never understood the hushed voices and mocking, he was but a machine- he wasn't made with combat abilities like the droids that had mistreated them, some even doing so today. The Underground was a massive place, and sometimes they sent security androids instead of important officers. Rahn had been purchased from a group of scavengers who had been using him for labor after finding him in the trash chutes. The men had owed his master a debt so he had killed them, taking the droid to pay for the rest of the debt and leaving their families mostly unharmed. Rahn was trained quickly, and given directives to serve his master and son.

Currently, Rahn was accompanying the boy to one of the many mining sections of The Underground, the towering mining machines still docking into the cavern. The Machines were responsible for the larger mining operations, while human miners extracted more delicate resources between the machine's cycles, waiting as it dug The Underground. It had started in The Hub, but they had eventually doubled the size of the above-ground city, but now resources were scarce. Sub Levels were being planned, though only Sub-Beta was populated, the rest restricted to miners who lived and died there, and no families were allowed to waste resources and space. So far his master knew of five, each hundreds of miles below the last, starting with a main elevator and small town, slowly expanding as the men carved out their new homes. Rahn believed that these would all grow into new cultures like the Surface, Underground, and Sub-B.

He looked at his charge as he checked the gilded pocket watch, a recent birthday gift. Rahn didn't need to check a timepiece, knowing that it was almost time. It was always a tradition down here that each boy would leave a name or message inside the fissures created by the mines. These marks could be found all over the cavern walls, and it was annually that they had a chance, this being the last year. Both miners and children who had completed the challenge flowed out of the entrance, a temporary threshold between the mines full of lockers and other furniture, leading to The Mobile Market, a series of carts and shacks that always followed the Mines. The pair paused when they saw the construction crews begin disassembling the entrance, the last cart of resources beginning its journey to the underground refineries, then to the depot and above-ground factories. The boy stared at the entrance as the men efficiently broke the small building down, a second cart taking the lockers and chairs to the next mining site. Rahn felt the boys dispair, quickly scanning the cave walls until he stopped, if he could smile he would as he tapped the boy's shoulder and pointed to an opened fissure, around twenty feet into the rocky walls.

39a62a1bbd4b231178c64e37517ececb.jpg

Eddie Gears aka "Abyss" - The Fallen

Eddie stood up, leaving his bowl on the counter as he walked away. Eddie was glad that the Hero hadn't tried to interact or otherwise bother him, but he would have been eager to put him on his ass and fade into the inky shadows. He affixed the lower portion of his gas mask, having kept the top portion on to at least partially conceal his face like he always did. There was little chance of anyone recognizing him here, but he was always afraid of Them. He told himself every day, that they wouldn't find him, they didn't even know if he was alive. Nonetheless, there was a risk of showing his face- the uniform he wore may appear to be a simple leather jacket, with the heat-resisting and thermal-protected surface concealing a small layer of bulletproof material with some added shock protection. He had several extra uniforms, some created for different enemies or locations he would deal with such as artic camouflage and a suit with a rubber layer, protecting electricity manipulators. Eddie left some cash on the table before checking the wrist computer, a device he had made on his own.

The Reapers had moved on to the scene faster than he had expected, the information he had leaked months ago having fallen into their hands finally. Edde\ie had started by trading it as "A secret" to the wanderer, one of his odd trades, that time for some uniform materials, the durable and flexible material that lined all of his uniforms. He had used that for a few prototypes, but for now, he was fine with just wearing his current Standard Suit, the general features flexible enough for most situations, unlike the various specialized variations. Eddie walked towards an alleyway, a single dim light illuminating a drunken body on one corner. Eddie ignored the man's sleeping form, pulling out his pistol from the side holster. He screwed the suppressor onto the end before firing at the lightbulb. The only noise was the shattering of glass as it hit the ground. The Suppressor Eddie had stolen worked like a charm, stolen from an Inferno Shipment, even if their records would deny his theft of the Zero-Suppressor and other objects.

Eddie made sure the man was as unconscious as he thought and sure enough- he would be out for a while. Eddie took a deep breath and pressed his hand against the shadow, the sounds of the street fading as a steady echo began to flow through his ears as if he had been submerged in liquid. The Shadow Plain was odd, an inverse of the real world. Where there was light there was shadow- where there was warmth there was cold. Eddie made sure his suit was tight, there was always a risk of coming across a pocket of toxic air. He trudged through the shadows Light, knowing that passing through their opposite would both expose him to real world and this world enemies. As he walked to the surface elevator, the hair begin to stand at the back of his neck. He spun around, not as surprised as the first time when he saw the creature.

Whatever it was, it was humanoid in general. The first thing he felt was the stench of rot and decay, following it was a feeling of despair and Wraith. Eddie froze as he looked at the creature, it has never been this close. It wore a torn uniform, the remnants of a navy blue cloak hanging off its skeletal body. Under the tears, Eddie could see bone and muscle, as if the skin had been peeled off- but in some places he could see pale and clammy skin. The creatures face was emotionless, large eyes that bled a red substance, glowing like the last embers of a fire. Underneath the eyes has rotted, a skeleton maw leaking gore as it watched Eddie, unmoving as always.

Mysterious Things always dwelled here, drawings and messages left by previous Shadow-Walkers showing evidence that they had always been here, many hunting any who stepped there. Some could not see them, some couldn’t be touched by them- Eddie has neither luxury. The ability to Shadow-Walk was rare, but expositions into this place has allowed the Security Agency to document these shadow beings, but this creature was different. It hasn’t started with an uneasy feeling, as if he was watched- before he began to see the blood red light of its eyes and tears watch him from afar. Every time Eddie crossed into this world, every minute he spent it watched him. Whenever Eddie looked away it shambles forward, he had set up a drone to watch its pursuit when it first appeared. Ever since it began following Eddie, its sudden appearances grew closer- he would look in one direction for a random moment and he would feel the fear, smell the rot, and behold the monstrosity. Now it was around twelve meters away, not breathing or moving in any way. Eddie turned around, keeping his eye on the creature as he used a mirror to watch behind him. No other creatures would approach as long as this thing was here- he had captured footage with a drone of the creature dragging a man from the real world before tearing him to pieces, his torn Security Agency uniform the only thing left behind when Eddie approached the grisly scene. There was no outrunning him, he would either pursue or appear closer, so he took it slowly until he reached the Surface elevator, fading into the nearby beam of shadows that came from the Shadow Plains sun, an inverse of this world that produced shadow and cold. As he faded into the real world, Eddie could swear the thing stirred, before raising one hand, some fingers missing- the other lay broken at his side, but he pointed at Eddie, the first time he had seen it stir- it’s finger a skeletal one, dagger like growths used to tear prey to pieces. He had never seen the creature do anything except walk and change into a violent and savage temperament as it hunted and consumed prey, but now it’s jaw broke into a sinister grin, now waving with the clawed hand.
Gordon_Greenwood Gordon_Greenwood

Last edited:

First World Event

The Bank soon erupted into cries of terror as the twins burst through the doors, some panicking while the two security guards stirred from their posts. Both had dragged chairs into the positions, one awakened by the gunfire as Jenna warned the crowd that they meant business. Greta quickly dispatched the pair, firing at the chest of one who had been awake before he could raise the pistol he had pulled from his holster, the second cowering as she fired a warning shot near his head, too afraid to grab the pistol he had dropped in surprise. The twins wore their signature masks, concealing their identities as they gathered the civilians, now hostages. "Everyone just stay calm, all of you can walk away unharmed as long as no one tries anything," Jenna said, lowering her rifle to try and keep the panicked hostages calm. Greta did not follow her sister's lead, firing her rifle above the heads of the hostages. "She means, if one of you assholes steps out of line I will blow your Fuckin' Brains out-got it?" She yelled, a few men who had undoubtedly been planning something shrinking away into the crowd, sitting in the center of the room. The twins then began handcuffing each hostage while one sister made sure no one tried to take advantage of the distraction.

Carl and Warren walked into the room, both making sure their masks were secure as they walked toward a console behind the banker's desks. Carl rubbed his gloved hands together before getting to work, first disabling the silent alarm triggered by the noise of gunfire, excusing it as a child's handheld video game. next, he began changing the live footage, Evelyn probably already knew they were there, but she sometimes didn't report crimes if she believed they were already aware, such as the silent alarm he had just disarmed- but she didn't know that. Finally, a few false crimes would draw any Security Agents from the area- Carl got creative: A few shopliftings, Automobile Theft, Some Psycho breaking into a nearby zoo and freeing some animals.

Warren monitored the team's progress, watching for a moment before heading to the vault. Mettle crouched next to the door, monitoring the drone's process as it cut through the metal door. Warren had paid a lot for the upgrades she had requested and so far they were paying off. Only Warren knew what was behind the vault door, but they were both loyal and smart enough to neither question nor doubt him. The drone was halfway through the first later when they heard a deafening explosion outside the bank. A lot of the street in front of the bank had collapsed, revealing the underground.

Socio Socio CommanderNecro CommanderNecro Gordon_Greenwood Gordon_Greenwood Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu concrete concrete

As the Reapers were engaging in their heist something strange happened. Carl suddenly saw the systems were being changed by someone else's input. Not his and it doesn't look like Evelyn. It's rapidly changing code into something very strange. Custom programming language by the looks of it. The screen on Carl's computer then swaps to black. A simple message in white words appears. "What do you want Reapers?" Seems things have changed. Carl is now directly communicating with whoever is on the other end. And can likely type on his keyboard the response he wishes. Greta and Jenna then heard 3 shots. Sniper shots more than likely. They look around and see 3 security agents have been shot. 3 that had opened a door into the wrong room and were unfortunately armed. The sniper shots seem to have come from a nearby rooftop. The shots were surprisingly quiet. Well as quiet as a large sniper round going through glass can be. The drone operates just fine. Seems whoever (or whatever) this force is its not opposed to them. At least not directly. Seems to hate the Security Agency at least. The silent alarm is still off. Cameras are not disabled, however. But have been rerouted. A look into Security Agency communications finds the false crimes are also still present.

(It is Alisa and Jais working together)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back