• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Another Day- A Sci-Fi Superhero RP Main Thread (ACCEPTING)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The original continued talking to Zwei. And the copy talked to Mirror. It simply stated in a playful but stern tone. "So who do you work for exactly? I like to know who someone's boss is preferably." Some of the copies still assisted the doctor. One stayed near the original. All of the copies are armed in the same way. And dressed the same as the original. Making it hard to differ. While it was true if you killed the original all the others would die. FInding the original is a whole different chore.
Gears Gears

The original continued talking to Zwei. And the copy talked to Mirror. It simply stated in a playful but stern tone. "So who do you work for exactly? I like to know who someone's boss is preferably." Some of the copies still assisted the doctor. One stayed near the original. All of the copies are armed in the same way. And dressed the same as the original. Making it hard to differ. While it was true if you killed the original all the others would die. FInding the original is a whole different chore.
“The Reapers.” She said shortly, taking off her reflective mask. “Though I wouldn’t recommend asking too many questions around here, though I could say the same.” She said, pulling out her mobile. “Hey Jenna- you almost done? Boss wants us ready.”

The Doctor was glad for the helping hands and slightly fussed at a mistake or two being made with the clones but overall in several minutes she was going to be complete with the drone. Noticing's Greta's movements and her hesitation, Zwei giggled at Greta's not so mistake and apology. " No need to apologize, Miss Mirror, Technically I am Hologram, Nanite made tho and easier to interactable as well! Onyl problem i can't touch or hold anything as the nanites will just break apart, But I could be anywhere in this building with ease!" she explained. What she was talking about was the nano computer as it housed Zwei's AI and most information the AI Absorbed into her databanks. "Mostly Underground, There has been an occasion of the Security Agency looking for info and one time This Hero, But Eh I don't wanna talk about my Clients like that." She said somewhat looking uncertain at first but shrugged it off carefree for another moment.

"Anything Else Miss, Techie?" She asked Politely.

Gears Gears CommanderNecro CommanderNecro

Lex tucked her gloved hands into the pouch of her baggy sweater continuing through the maze of alleys she was now thoroughly lost in. She had been so blinded in her rage she had forgotten to keep track of the turns she had made and was fairly sure any attempt to return to the underground would be futile without Alik. Fuck..Alik…surely he wouldn’t just leave her to find her own way back…right? She figured her best bet was to stay away from the main streets, avoid cameras, and attempt to retrace her steps back towards the tunnel. Lex was hungry, scared and still had residual anger gnawing through her, she had to pull herself together so she could think clearly.

A loud noise echoed through the empty streets causing the girl to flinch her eyes darting around for any signs of movement. What the fuck was that a gunshot? Her heart raced now thinking of Alik alone in the streets and she considered the likely hood of security agents being dispatched to the area due to her run in with the camera. She couldn’t help but picture her friend falling to the ground a bullet ripping through him, for some reason the one holding the gun was Constance Blaggard, a nice little extra stab to the heart from her imagination. Lex shook her head trying to push the mental image away, she couldn’t spiral now she had to make a decision. Investigate the shot or stay hidden. She didn’t have long to weigh her options as she soon heard footsteps headed in her direction, could it be Alik coming back to get her? She spun around just as the owner of the steps collided with her. Falling backwards she hit the ground hard stunning her for just a moment.

What the-“ her words fell silent as she met the boys gaze. Dread flooded through her at the sight of his uniform, even drenched in blood she recognized it well. It felt like her heart was about to implode, she had been right. Scrambling to her feet Lex’s green eyes landed on the blood staining his clothes, was that her friends? Her green orbs shone brighter as she sent waves of pain flooding the boys senses. Memories flooded through her at a lightning speed, her parents, Constance, her life being ripped away from her forced underground like some sort of animal. Seconds ticked by but it felt like an eternity for surely both herself and the boy, she could feel herself growing weak from the use of her power and had to eventually let up.

“Reach for a weapon and it’ll be way worse than that.” She threatened, it was a bluff she barely had the energy to stand at the moment, but weapon less and alone it was all she had. She took a moment to genuinely examine the individual in front of her, outside of simply his uniform. He looked young and…scared? Not what she would have expected for a security agency apprehension squad. Had she acted prematurely?

Gears Gears

“The Reapers.” She said shortly, taking off her reflective mask. “Though I wouldn’t recommend asking too many questions around here, though I could say the same.” She said, pulling out her mobile. “Hey Jenna- you almost done? Boss wants us ready.”
"I work for myself and the good of the people. Self-explanatory. Fuck the Security Agency. Is my foreign policy in a nutshell. " She explained. She was known by many as a rouge hero or even a villain by some. Rather (in)famous especially around the underground. Gears Gears

Last edited:
The Doctor was glad for the helping hands and slightly fussed at a mistake or two being made with the clones but overall in several minutes she was going to be complete with the drone. Noticing's Greta's movements and her hesitation, Zwei giggled at Greta's not so mistake and apology. " No need to apologize, Miss Mirror, Technically I am Hologram, Nanite made tho and easier to interactable as well! Onyl problem i can't touch or hold anything as the nanites will just break apart, But I could be anywhere in this building with ease!" she explained. What she was talking about was the nano computer as it housed Zwei's AI and most information the AI Absorbed into her databanks. "Mostly Underground, There has been an occasion of the Security Agency looking for info and one time This Hero, But Eh I don't wanna talk about my Clients like that." She said somewhat looking uncertain at first but shrugged it off carefree for another moment.

"Anything Else Miss, Techie?" She asked Politely.

Gears Gears CommanderNecro CommanderNecro
"Yes, are you hiring? Cause if so I would like to apply." She explains directly. She was looking for work. And pay (honest pay anyway). So she kind of needed a job right now. But she was fond of this type of work. Not aligned with any major faction. But still paying well. Sounds like a good deal. The clones were actually surprisingly well-versed in technology. The errors seem to mostly be unfamiliarity with this particular system. Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

Last edited:
Jenna

Jenna grabbed the drone, making sure it was packed before installing the personality core, tucking all of the packaging into her bag before nodding to the doctor. “Boss wants us top-side asap, thanks for the help.”

Greta smirked a bit at that. Not a lot had time to be “heroes” down here, with the restrictions and villain gangs that ran rampant around here. “Not the safest line of work but I applaud you, though I wouldn’t recommend it myself, look at what happened to Nova Team.”

Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

CommanderNecro CommanderNecro

Graham Toll

Graham cried out in pain as green light seemed to emanate from the woman. It was just his luck that he had escaped the snipers only to run into a psycho enhanced. Graham hadn’t been in many fights before the academy, but that was only sparring, no real action other than a few warnings given to drunks and loiterers. The sudden attack and deaths where a lot, but running into an enhanced while escaping was something else. Graham guessed it was some sort of pain inflicting or emotion controlling ability, but he hadn’t seen her on reports, maybe she was new.

He tried to reach for his baton, the pistol out of reach but he froze when she spoke, raising his hands after he threw the pistol aside. “Of course my fucking luck I run right into a villain” he muttered, trying to look for a plan to escape. He didn’t know if her abilities had that much range, with the only other pain inflicting enhanced he had heard of basing her attacks on skin to skin contact, but Grim was deadlier, with her ability later allowing her to kill with a single touch. He was unsure if the stranger had the same ability, but he had to be careful just in case, keeping an eye on his sidearm while he thought of a way out.

Graham glanced at the door behind the criminal, stopping when he saw the green dot from a sniper rifle. Graham dove to the ground as another gunshot went off, unintentionally saving the woman as well. A bullet was lodged in the wall where the woman had been standing, so it was clear that the sniper wasn’t aligned with either of them, he couldn’t trust the Enhanced but maybe she could see reason and let him go.

Socio Socio

Lex was not really sure what to do, the bluff had worked and the boy had dropped his weapons, but now what? She could already see his eyes scanning the area and knew if it came down to it she was not winning in any sort of physical fight. Hundreds of questions swirled through her mind but she wasn’t sure which to ask first, whose blood was that, why was he here, why was he alone? The boys words pulled her from her thoughts and her eyebrows shot up a look of near amusement painted across her face.

“Villain?” Lex scoffed taking a step forward so she was in his face. “That’s real fucking rich coming from you!” She pulled at the fabric of his uniform referencing his allegiance. Remembering the potential danger he posed she took a step back briefly glancing down towards the firearm that the boy had dropped. Before she had a chance to look back up she was once again sent flying towards the ground, the boy landing somewhat on top of her.

It took Lex a moment to process what had happened. The noise that had rung out and the hole lodged into the wall where she had been standing drew her to a fairly solid conclusion. “I just got shot at.” She blurted out shoving the boy off of her, clearly still stunned. She stared at we the boy who had, inadvertently or not, saved her life. He looked too shocked for this to have been planned on his part, but if not the agency then who? She needed answers and this random boy was probably her best bet at getting them. The bluff of her powers wouldn’t hold up forever and she still felt too drained to utilize them properly she was going to need something else.

Graham’s pistol lay a couple feet from the pair, Lex scrambled towards it staying low to the ground to avoid another bullet nearly taking her head off. She held the gun awkwardly her hands trembling slightly as she pointed it at the boy who had just moment ago saved her. It was evident she had no idea what she was doing, the safety still on. “Listen, you’re gonna get us out of here, and then you’re going to tell me what the fuck is going on.” Despite her clear lack of experience with weapons she did her best to sound threatening.

Gears Gears

Graham Toll

Graham had barely enough time to begin the retort to the girls comment about his original belief that she was a villain, even if he wasn’t so sure. The snipers had fired on both of them so she could just be a bystander. He cried out as he was shoved aside, hitting his head on a nearby wall. “Really? I couldn’t tell.” Graham said as he rubbed his head and got to his feet.

He froze for a moment when she went for the gun, before scrambling for it as well. She appeared to be unarmed, and the fact that she hadn’t already tried to kill him could easily mean her abilities had limits, and the fact she hadn’t used them to neutralize him before securing the weapon supported this fact. He raised his hands in defeat after she won the scuffle, surprised that she had won- even if she had a head start and could have other abilities.

He stared down the barrel of his sidearm, wishing he hadn’t loaded it like the manual had recommended, for this very reason: a hostile getting a hold of his firearm. He stressed out a she tried to remember protocol, not noticing the safety was on as he blurted out his barely remembered speech. “The Security Agency doesn’t negotiate with Under-city Scum and Villains- I may be a cadet but if you don’t lower the weapon you will be eliminated by my reinforcements-“ Graham froze, forgetting what else he was supposed to say. “Fuck it- I have no idea what the hell is going on, my team was patrolling nearby and got fired on by snipers- at least one of us is dead.” He said, gesturing to the blood that caked his uniform. “I don’t know how the hell we are getting out of here, I’m just a cadet- but I can’t exactly do much with just a a baton- and you don’t look like you know how to use that.”

Socio Socio

A look of disgust crossed her face at the rehearsed speech the boy began to regurgitate. God, it was like none of them could think for themselves, she had been raised surrounded by enough security agency protocol to complete his entire speech herself. A single eyebrow raised as he went off script - maybe he did have a mind of his own. Once the boy finished explaining Lex let out a shaky sigh of relief, she stepped forward poking the blood stain on his chest with the barrel of the gun. “This is from one of your own?” She asked, studying his face carefully for any sign of deception. That would mean Alik was fine, and the agents in the area weren’t after her.

“Well Cadet how can I be sure you won’t just shoot me if I give this back?” She shook the pistol slightly. “Killing innocent civilians seems to be what your agency is best at.” Her voice had turned sour.

Gears Gears

IMG_5587.JPG
Graham

Graham froze with the barrel being poked at his chest, unsure if she wanted a precise shot to take him out, but after she asked the question he relaxed a bit. “That was Rig’s, he was the first one- no idea if anyone else made it.” He said as he rubbed some of the blood that had splattered on the visor of his helmet. He was about to argue about why he should get the gun when her last statement confused him- Security Agents never killed innocents. The puzzled expression was obvious, but he shrugged it off after a second. “If you don’t trust Security Agents, trust human instinct- I can’t do much with only a pistol against rooftop snipers- having anyone, particularly and enhanced greatly increased the chances of me getting back to my shitty dorm and getting yelled at by an officer for working with the enemy when this is all over.”

Socio Socio

Jenna

Jenna grabbed the drone, making sure it was packed before installing the personality core, tucking all of the packaging into her bag before nodding to the doctor. “Boss wants us top-side asap, thanks for the help.”

Greta smirked a bit at that. Not a lot had time to be “heroes” down here, with the restrictions and villain gangs that ran rampant around here. “Not the safest line of work but I applaud you, though I wouldn’t recommend it myself, look at what happened to Nova Team.”

Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

Alisa simply remarked. "I have my way around things. Best you get going I guess." With that comment, all of the copies went back to the original. Eventually fusing back into the original. Alisa then continued to talk to Zwei for a second. Before making a small salute. "Best get going. I have things to do." She then ran into the darkness of the tunnel's nearby. Vanishing into the night.

Lex moved the gun from his chest placing it just under his chin pointed upwards under his helmet, her own head tilting as she watched his reaction. “Human instinct huh? See my instinct is to pull this trigger, one less of you corrupt power hungry fucks walking around.” She jabbed the barrel of the gun into his throat accentuating her sentence. Lex had noted how the boy tensed when she had placed the weapon against his chest and thought she would take the opportunity to watch him squirm for a few moments more “Here’s the deal, I give you your gun back and you get me back to my friends in one piece. Sound good to you?” She asked.

Gears Gears

Graham

Graham’s breath caught as he felt the barrel against his chin, at point blank he doubted his helmet would stop it anyway, but his heart drummed all the same. “I-I can do that- just don’t shoot.” He cried, still unsure of her intentions. Maybe she was working with the snipers and liked to see her victims squirm before killing them, and now felt like a better time than any. “But snipers where around the elevators so I don’t think we can do much about them.”

Socio Socio

A small grin spread across the girls face clearly satisfied with his reaction. She pulled the weapon away and flipped it around so she was holding the barrel and offered it back to him. “I’m Lex by the way.” She mentioned, her tone had done a complete 180 and she now sounded cheery as if she was chatting with a friend. The snipers were a problem she had gained back a bit of her energy and her powers could be of use but that would only be possible if she could see them before they saw her. “I can’t go south.” She added almost thinking out loud. “Unless you’ve got somewhere to hideout that’s not littered with more of you freaks.”

Gears Gears

Graham

Graham accepted the weapon, removing the safety as his training screamed at him to kill the hostile enhanced, but instead he raised the sun visor that concealed all facial features. “I don’t think the Security Agent Private dorms would be to your liking- even with your hate of us it isn’t exactly the quality of The Director’s quarters.” He said as he peeked out from the alleyway, waiting a second before waving a hand, immediately met with fire. He thought for a second before speaking. “So good news and bad news, neither of us are their target, bad news is they don’t want witnesses.”

Socio Socio

Lex studied the boys face for a moment, he was younger than she had originally thought, likely somewhere close to her age. Chances are he could have known her parents when they were alive, hell he could have even been trained by them. “Might as well be compared to where I’ve been living for the past year.” Lex replied with a soft laugh her jaw tightening at the mention of the director. She wanted to push for more information but interrogating him while taking fire wasn’t exactly the best use of their time. “If I could see them I’d be able to stop them long enough for you to take them out, but you’ll have to draw their attention away from me for long enough.”

Graham

“Well they know where we are, and we will need to be close, maybe even the roof- we don’t even know how many there are.” Graham said as he checked the area, immediately met with gunfire. He looked at a nearby fire escape in an abandoned building. It would be loud and its stability was questionable but they didn’t hav snuck of a choice. He pulled his baton from his vest and handed the weapon to Lex. “I’ll go first since it’s my idea.” He muttered before jumping for the ladder. He paused before climbing up the rusty rungs, crouching in case the sniper heard the creaks from the ancient metal. “Feels stable.” He hissed before offering a hand to help her up.
Socio Socio

Suddenly 3 shots rang out. And a thud could be heard where the sniper was. The shots seem to be coming from behind them. And their lies Jais. With her sniper propped up on a storage container. She is barely visible. But then more shots ring out and hit the container. She then takes cover behind the container. Then she peaks once again and fires. Shes got a nice bolt-action sniper. And she seems pretty good with it. She hit one sniper but there seems to be another. You two can just hear "Bloody hell! I want whatever fucken sniper you got!" As she gets behind cover as a sniper takes a shot on her. She just manages to get behind cover before the sniper shoots.

“You’ve gotta be joking.” Lex stated as she took the baton from him. “What the hell am I supposed to do with this, throw it at them?” She asked her voice dripping with sarcasm. She watched as he jumped to grab the ladder wincing as the metal creaked beneath him. “I think you and I have different definitions of stable.” Lex muttered reaching her gloved hand out to grab onto his letting him help her up. She could hardly believe the situation she was in, dodging bullets hand in hand with a security agent, this was definitely her strangest birthday yet. Another set of shots rang out, this time from the opposite direction causing Lex to squeeze Grahams arm, her heart pounding as she glanced around trying to find the new source. Lex squints at where the new sniper is laying it slowly clicking in her mind that whoever it is seems to be firing on the original set of snipers. “What the fuck is going on..why does everyone have a gun but me?” Lex huffed out still unknowingly squeezing the boys arm.

Graham

Graham instinctively ducked when he heard the gunfire, slightly shielding Lex before looking around. The gunfire was not directed toward them, quickly locating the source. “Three of the closer ones are dead- unless whoever that was missed. The one on the roof next to us should still be alive though so we aren’t out of the forest yet.” He said, referencing an old world saying he had heard once. He was suddenly aware of how tight she was gripping his arm, deciding she must be afraid of heights or something as he moved on, slowly climbing the fire escape.

Socio Socio

Lex realized she had been squeezing the life out of the boys arm and quickly released it from her grip. She wasn't overly fond of being shot at but the adrenaline coursing through her veins was exciting to say the least. She hadn't remembered above ground being quite this chaotic but she also hadn't been at the epicenter of a full fledged firefight. "What do we do? Is the other sniper one of yours?" She asked the nerves showing in her voice. While she didn't trust the boy fully they seemed to have come to a sort of agreement going that she wasn't sure the rest of his agency would share. Lex kept climbing staying as low as she could.

Gears Gears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back