• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Anima Studies

Characters
Here

Solirus

Grossly Incandescent
Roleplay Type(s)
The Beginning

Juju Juju jmann jmann seasonedcat seasonedcat

You recall being brought to this place, one moment you stepped through a marked door and the next you were transported to the school. It held the appearance of an old college constructed in days past only that this one seemed to have been built yesterday. The air was neither chilly nor warm, it was unpleasantly comfortable. Upon arrival you had been given a note with only a number written down on it, each door you saw had a number written on it too, but the doors didn't seem to have a pattern. The doors also held tightly, no matter how hard you tried to force the door open, they would simply not budge, yet when you finally found the door matching the number on your note, it opened with no resistance and the note you held vanished into smoke.

1701521958711.png1701520594809.png1701520814270.png

Entering your classroom you would notice several columns and rows of empty desks with the exception of at least one person sitting on a desk closest to the window. The boy only glanced when you entered the room, looking away when you looked back at him then staring through the windows and into the great oak forest. As more people came in, the boy would scratch his knuckles before forcing himself to stop. Eventually the room would be filled up with several distinct individuals and when they had all found a spot to sit or simply stand around, the door would open a finaltime.

A man walked into the class room holding an open umbrella, his footsteps were purposefully loud and his face was painted with a grin. "Morning new students, welcome to your first day at Anima Studies." He turned his back to the class and grabbed a piece of chalk, "My name is Jaquie Lawphel, but feel free to just call me Jaquie, I will be your professor" he spoke writing down only his first name before tossing the chalk back into place, "I will be responsible for your growth and safety, so try not to have a death wish at every opportunity." he jokingly said.

"Now, first thing's first, let's begin with some class introductions" Jaquie sat down on the front desk, leaning on his chair and planting his feet on the table. "Getting to know each other will help down the line, so just share your name and a bit about yourself." Jaquie observed expectantly for anyone to introduce themselves first.

1701520950619.png

Last edited:
e4fb1f596c5b1fe505eac26f7cfc6609.jpg
55e428f690378b29739891ef9d7109da.jpg

Solirus Solirus seasonedcat seasonedcat jmann jmann
━ ◦ ※ ◦━​
Marianne led the way down the hallway, one hand holding onto the slip of paper while the other held the cold hand of her twin. The doll followed dutifully beside her, face expressionless and glassy eyes locked onto the leader.

“What sort of lunatic was in charge of numbering these rooms? It makes no sense at all!” Marianne exclaimed as she frowned down at the neatly written note in her hand, as if it were the one to blame, “I didn’t expect this place to be so disorganized, though come to think of it perhaps it's a safety precaution. Yes, of course. It makes sense now. You don’t house the crème de la crème without making an enemy or three.”

Disorder was one of Marianne’s several Cardinal Sins, but one she could deal with if there was enough reasoning behind it. Otherwise, meaningless chaos was a headache and an eyesore, far from the way things should be in a perfect world.

The doll was silent, as ever.

Finally, Marianne found the door with the correct number and breathed outwardly in a sigh of relief, not because she had found the place she was looking for but because she would be spared of the disorderly hell she had previously found herself in. Everything made sense again. Everything was in its place.

The two filed in, hands still locked together. Marianne scanned the room and was disappointed to find only a singular mousey student and no teacher in sight. She regarded the quiet one in the corner, considered approaching, then found two seats at the front of the classroom for herself and Annamarie. There she waited for the teacher to arrive, though periodically glanced back at the other student(s) and whispered into her doll’s ear about her predictions about their abilities. Occasionally the doll would nod or shake her head in response, but made no actual effort to look at the people in question.

Finally the teacher arrived, and by the look on Marianne’s face he was hardly what she had expected. She perked up at the Lawphel name, but this spark of intrigue in her eyes faded into abject horror when she helplessly watched him toss the chalk then prop his shoes on the desk.

Marianne stared at the shoes, speechless, and almost missed the call for introductions. Trying to keep her mind away from the horrid manners before her, she stood from her chair and cleared her throat.

“Professor Lawphel, allow me to go first. My name is Marianne Montgomery and this is Annamarie.” She motioned to the doll who also stood up. Together they bowed formally to Jaquie and then to the rest of the class.

“We will do our best not to cause you undue trouble, sir. I look forward to your lessons.” Marianne’s eyes kept flicking to the shoes placed on the desk, her concentration split between the horror of dirt on furniture and the process of formal introductions. Still, she managed to keep her composure by turning to address her peers behind her. “It's a pleasure to meet all of you. I hope to grow with you as peers.”

With the introduction put behind her, Marianne sat down, her doll in sync with her movements. While she wanted to ask further into her professor’s family name, it would be rude to derail the introductions. It would be better to save it for later. For the time being, she would put her Professor and Peers’ names to memory.

Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a notebook and pen and began to write down notes in flowing, old fashioned cursive.

mentions: Juju Juju Solirus Solirus

From behind a closed door was a hushed tone. Whispering as though afraid to disturb the pedals on a flower. Listening to it almost felt wrong. Like eavesdropping on a private conversation. One that shouldn't be happening.

"Yes, the clouds are quite pretty today... Doesn't that one look like a dove? What? Oh, don't be silly..."
There was a pause as faint, muffled laughter can be heard. Followed by sounds of delicate clanking.
"I wish it could be like this, for a little longer. Hm. I know. I have to go. I left the tea in your usual spot."
The room shifted. Like a large weight being moved from one side to another. There were footsteps moving towards the closed door now.
"...It's your favorite. So I hope you enjoy."

f011235f101737b88ab88fead61b339e.jpg

With a brisk snap, the front door swung open. A tall shadow melded with the brown in a blur. By the time his figure could be registered, the pallid-haired man had pushing the wood back with a firm press. A stringy-fingered hand reaches down, pulling a ring of keys from a pocket in the faux-black attaché. With precision, he moved and turned the locks. One, then, two. Finally, a third clank, as the final one set in. He gazed up with a sigh. The number for the unit sat at the arch -- 6.

Then, as if it took a moment to urge himself, a smile eventually formed across his lips.
Like a rubber-band being sprung. With this assurance, the individual turned, gazing out at the open sky above. This portion of the secluded condo complex faced the oceanside, where imported palm trees and fresh foam swelled at the shore. At most times, it was an idyllic beachfront view. The perfect place for a peaceful, quiet life. Today, however, it was anything but.

"I was enjoying myself too much... Might cost me."

The circular rimmed glasses he wore formed waning moon-shapes in the dimming morning downcast. The looming clouds appeared to drag, sending the entire region into a deep, overwhelming gloom. His attire was hardly appropriate for such weather. The tailored suit would be drenched, its fine blended fabrics ruined by the inevitable downpour. Even if its gray color did match the scenery. He made a face at the thought of trudging through streets flanked by murky, muddy pools of brackish rainwater.

His shoes would be unsalvageable. Hand-crafted, elegant oxfords reduced to nothing more than shrunken, pruned poulaines.

Fortunately, with his planned destination, he might be able to avoid such an outcome. If he was quick. The man burst into a brisk walk, intent on maintaining his grace despite the clear urgency. He made it to the marked location, according to the letter. He held the piece of official parchment in his hand, gazing at the small map. Then at the special icon. Pushing it down, out of view, he smiled as it matched the door.

It was built into the side of the condo's elevator shaft, down at the ground floor. Illogical. But such as the nature of magic.

"Not exactly my first choice..." he muttered. Not that he had a choice to begin with.
The 'honorary admittance' letter didn't exactly entertain the notion of discretion. Arcanists were known for a many great deal of things. Mercy was not exactly one of them.

He reached out and turned the knob. The metal handle twisted unexpectedly smoothly As if it called to be opened. And indeed, there was some supernatural magic at work. Beyond, was a completely different landscape than the downtrodden sandy complex that surrounded him. Though, he doubted the experience-to-come will match the college's pleasant presentation.
With a final look up to the third floor, at the door with the adorned --6. The man then stepped through.

Just follow the instructions. That was the only thing in his mind, as the man walked through the empty campus halls. Now, if only there was a sequence to follow. Every door seemed to be ordered completely randomly. As if they wanted him to be late. It was not-so-surprisingly vacant, either. Arcanists were a rare breed, as he would come to learn in his private research. He didn't care much for this part of society, until recent events. After which, he read through as many forums as he could -- ran the check-out limit at his local library. Talked his board compatriots to death, about the topic. Politely, of course.

Despite his mind's calmness, a shiver ran up his shoulder when he turned the corner. Like he just bumped into a ghost.

That was when he came across the first living thing in a while. At least, the voices of supposed livings things. A feminine tone, speaking to someone... or thing. He knew better than to judge based on appearance, when it came to this sort of world. His glasses gleamed, as the man turned his face down the hall to get a better look.
There was a pair of young... twins entering a room. His eyes narrowed.
In fact, isn't that the number for the class he had been assigned?

With a look of realization, the man quickly started down the hall, breaking into a half dash. It wasn't quite proper to waddle around looking like a hen in hot water. But being tardy was a much more unforgivable sin than poor form. His hand barely caught the door before it slammed shut. He sighed in relief. Luckily, it swung open easily. Otherwise, it would've been difficult to explain to the teacher that he couldn't take notes, due to having swollen sausages for a right hand.

"Excuse me." he says, stepping into the room behind the twins.
He gave the two twin girls a curt nod with his head, smiling "Lovely weather, isn't it? Oh. I adore your fashion! Absolutely stunning."
There seemed to be more humans than just the twins. Another, a reclusive young man, who had already found seating. His lips pushed up, greeting them with a curt bow of his head. But the young man seemed intent on befriending the nearby wall.

Oh well. To each their own, isn't that right?

With a bow, the polite figure quietly dismissed himself from the doorway. Briskly, he situated himself at an empty chair in the back row. Perfect. There were few things he disliked more than feeling like he couldn't see the whole board. Others who came in after this point, would be met with a friendly smile. Otherwise, he was content with silently observing the events to come. A decade plus of first-hand experience in the education system, fresh in his mind. Foremost, the rules of conduct. A conduct, that while ever-changing through the generations, possessed several unchanged constants. No matter the age group.

The first day of classes was always the most exhilarating, and chaotic. It set the tone for an entire year. A feast for drama, aren't they?

With the entrance of their rather... lackadaisical professor, the gentleman tilted his head curiously. The older man, a Mr. Lawphel, looked suitably seasoned in his role as an educator. With the way the professor conducted himself, it might confuse one into thinking his office was that of a sergeant sending cadets to a hellish bootcamp. What with the ominous waving of death flags.

The class would officially commense, expectedly, with the ceremony of names. And first impressions.

Marianne Montgomery and Annamarie , or so the eager-to-bat twins called themselves, sprinkling formalities upon courtesies into their introduction. They were a fascinating pair to watch. The synchronized movements were one thing. But there was something that he couldn't figure out. The man squinted slightly. That pale one, she hasn't said a word, in spite of the constant 'chatter' between the two. Was she even blinking? She seemed so life-like, but also so static. Like a cut-out of a person. There was certainly a level of cordiality conditioning. Such grace was certainly not a natural thing. He, of all people, would understand the care and diligence required.

He gave a soft clap at the end, then raised his hand, openly volunteering himself next. Might as well put a good first foot forward.
Stepping up to the front, the leather oxfords clacked on the bare tiles. Not quite as demanding as Mr. Lawphel. But a confidence stride. He stood there with that same polite smile, pushing up his glasses before speaking. There was a uniformity to his tone. As though these were rehearsed lines.

"Forgive me. It's been quite some time since I've attended a classroom. But I am eager to learn." he says, then making a quick half-bow. "My name is Jessie Eleanore Wallflower. A pleasure. Here's hoping we get along in the future. It'll be a long year, otherwise!"

Jessie chuckled at the last comment, attempting to loosen any stiff expressions left in the room.
With one final bow, this time a bit deeper, the man returned to his seat in the back row. There, he leaned forward, watching intently while keeping his usual grin.

Last edited:
Rook.jpgRook
Solirus Solirus Juju Juju Autumn Leaf Autumn Leaf

Rory Reyes had not taken two steps into the new school before they realised it. The white stone walls, the spotless glass windows, the tall trees in the courtyard… the duct-tape holding together Rook’s soles. They were an ink spot on a white page, blood in the snow. They didn’t belong and the architecture knew it. The very stone seemed resentful that Rook hadn’t come from a noble line of wizards or whatnot.

The classroom wasn’t much better. As Rook hadn’t had much to pack, they found themselves in the classroom far earlier than they expected. The blackboard was a surprise, one would think such a prestigious school could afford a projector or a laser pointer at the very least. It was classic “old-money” behaviour, so Rook was ashamed of their surprise. It was entirely characteristic for the rich to only invest in making themselves richer or look richer, wellbeing of the underlings be damned

The last of the students filed in, and their professor soon after. It had only recently occurred to Rook that first days meant introductions. As such they strategically positioned themselves in the third seat in line. Early enough that their peers would be working on an introduction and not listening to Rook, but late enough to copy the format of the previous responses. In subsequent lessons they would be sure to take a seat further back where they could more easily blend into the environment. The fewer people noticed they stood out like mud on carpet, the better.

Rook flinched as chalk hit the board, and introductions began as anticipated. There was a weird doll girl plucked from a nineteenth century period piece, and a fine-dressed man with odd porportions who… also spoke like their family owned people. Any hope of not being the odd one out was fading fast but there was little time for that.
“Hi, uh, my name is Rook, I go by they/them, and I’m excited to meet all the new peers.”
It was a safe response. Calculated. None of the other ‘fun facts’ revealed anything at all, so neither would Rook’s. They would just have to watch and wait from here.

"Nikklaüs, you best be out that door in the next five minutes, syn!"

Scrambling to shove his things into his bag was starting to stress him out, and his mom yelling out didn't help. Okay. Phone, wallet, keys? Check. Switch? It'd be fun to play, if he made friends. He should also bring his Galaxy-Eyes deck, who knows if someone might play. Then maybe he should bring a Magic deck too? Commander or standard, commander is more popular but damnit standard is way more fun. Fuck it, we ball. Bring both.

"Nikklaüs!"

"Ma! Can you—" He tripped over some of the books he'd decided he was leaving behind, letting out a quick 'blyat' at the pain of lightly stubbing his toe. "I'm trying to, okay!?"

Barging out of the door to his room, he let his muscle memory carry him down the stairs and into the kitchen since he was struggling to get his cardigan out of his eyes and onto his damn body. He bumped into his mom at the sink just before clearing his vision, and she just met him with a swift bap over the top of his head.
"You wouldn't have to rush like this if you'd set your alarm like I said." She reprimanded him while he raided the pantry for a quick bite to eat.

"I did, ma. You watched me do it," Grabbing the Fruity Dino Bites
with the marshmallows motherfucker he rotated around to the fridge. "I just got kind of wrapped up in—Dad! Did you finish the fucking milk!?" He shouted to his dad at the dinning room table.

"You snooze you lose!" He let out a hearty laugh. "I knew this would happen anyway," He said, slapping a tupperware container onto the table. "PB&J for you. Now hurry up and get the hell out of here."

Nikklaüs put on a wide grin and snatched them up from the table, rushing to the front door to put his shoes on. This was so exciting, he didn't know what an Arcanist was, but he'd played enough Atlus and Square titles to know it must be fucking awesome. More importantly though, maybe he'd found something that he not only wanted to do, but something that could help him give his parents an easy life. Not that they were struggling in any regard, but they were always so busy all the time. He wished that he could spend more time with them, and now that he was going off on his own he wasn't going to have that chance again for a while. Suddenly his excitement had dwindled and turned into a worry, or maybe a fear? He bolted up from where he sat—his shoes now tied up—and he turned around to go back to his parents. He was met very quickly by an embrace he hadn't expected, both of his parents having followed him to the door.

"We're going to miss you, syn," His mother had been sniveling from the tears she held back, tried to hold back that is. "Please, call us. Call us often, at least once a week even. Or so help me, t'umreush!"

"Of course, ma." Nikklaüs squeezed her a little harder. Then he turned to his dad.

"I'm proud of you, I hope you know that." And Nikklaüs couldn't bring himself to say anything to that.

He'd already heard it many times before, but it wasn't something he could ever bring himself to fully believe in. Only now did he realize how stupid it was to doubt that.

"I love you." He offered them both.

After that, there were no words. Taking a short second to straighten himself out after having rushed around to get ready, Nikklaüs turned to the door and parted from his family. There was a sorrow there, but the excitement that had died down. It was back in full force thanks to the encouragement he'd just received. Now, walking out the door, he was ready to face his future!

"Chotto matte." He froze upon looking up from the doorknob. That's not the door I just walked through.

Whipping around, he saw not his front yard but a large courtyard closed in on all sides by what looks like buildings designed for a collage campus constructed in the late 1800s. The brickwork was flared out at regular intervals, and the windows had wooden door shutters that actually looked like they function and weren't just plastic pseudo shutters that were bolted to the wall. Blinking slowly, convinced each time that the next he would open his eyes he would be where he expected himself to be. Instead he just stood there for thirty seconds, hand-on-doorknob, blinking to himself. Turning back around to the door he saw it wasn't his front door at all, instead emblazoned with some vaguely familiar emblem. When it clicked for him, he fished out a slip of paper from his pocket, one with the same emblem.

"I guess I made it?" Maybe he should've read that letter a bit closer.

He stepped back into the door to confirm, yep. This is not his house. These are all classrooms lining the walls, and this slip of paper has written on it what he assumed was his classroom. A113, well this is building A? He looked up at a set of double doors down the hall, a large 'A' printed on the wall above them. If I can trust that, then maybe. Approaching the closest classroom, he read 112 on the door. Right, so I'm close. He checked the door on the left: 169. Uh, the right? 132. I'm close right?

After far too long, he found his classroom, hopefully. Busting through the door, lacking the patience at this point to be tactful. Nikklaüs gave a passing glass to the people who'd managed to find the classroom before him: a pair of prim and proper twins, they were both pretty pasty but one of them looked like they were deathly ill; another seemingly distinguished gentleman with white—maybe gray?—hair, his smile made Nikklaüs uncomfortable and his instincts screamed not to trust that man's words; finally was the sore thumb between them, not their fault that what was casual to the average person was seemingly underdressed to Nikklaüs' only comparisons in these other three. No, other four. There was one classmate of his that did such a good job of playing wax statue that Nikklaüs never noticed him.

"Was there no one out there to help give directions? Are we the only people in the damn school?" Was the first thing he offered, but it gave him a good idea. "If y'all need me, I'll be keeping watch out the door for other lost students." He said, stepping out the door to stand by it. Now's a good time for my sandwiches! If he saw anyone pass by, he'd call out the room name to them. Though, maybe it'd be easier to just wave them down, literally the only other people he'd seen in this ghost town of a school were people in his class. For all he knows, they're the only one.

Not many more showed in the time he stood out there, but he was glad to be of even some semblance of assistance. That was of course until he saw a seemingly older man coming his way holding an open umbrella. Yeah, that was definitely the teacher, which meant he should find his seat. Slinking back into the room, he saw an opportunistic seat: furthest back against the door-side wall. Like this, he could see all his classmates and none of them could see him, something one other person seemed to be going for in particular; however, the difference between them was that Nikklaüs thought ahead. By being at the wall closest the door, he was furthest from the focal eye-line of anyone who enters the classroom. Like their teacher who entered now: introducing himself as Jaquie Lawphel. Oh boy, time for getting-to-know-you shit. He supposed he didn't mind. It was so formulaic, but he was excited nonetheless.

First the twins introduced themselves, or rather twin. It seemed like Marianne talked for her and Annamarie both. It made him wonder if she was deaf like his Aunt Katyusha, or maybe even mute? Then Jessie Eleanore Wallflower. Nikklaüs could feel it when he evoked his middle name, Jessie must have pride in his name and the lineage behind it. He cracked a joke at the end there as well, and it gave Nikklaüs a certain impression of him that he couldn't quite nail down. Jessie was followed closely behind by Rook. Rook, just Rook? Nikklaüs was almost positive that wasn't his real name. Their name. Fuck, I can't let myself slip up on that. He'd keep that in the back of his mind for when their first interaction. Until then, he still had to introduce himself.

"Yeah, morning," Nikklaüs started informally. "Th'name's Nikklaüs Tetsuya Tenshouha, but y'all can call me Klaüs or Steel if you want." He signed everything he said in ASL as he spoke, on the off-chance that Annamarie would need it. It made his introduction a bit long since he had to pause between each of his names to fingerspell it. He brought his right index finger into a hook and tapped his chin twice with the word 'steel', signing metal since it was faster than signing steel. He wanted to talk a little bit more, but his signing took up a little more time than he wanted so he decided to pass it along from there.

Last edited:
Sophia Hughes

She wasn't unfamiliar with the teleporting door, yet she still felt strange sensation whenever she walked through one. It's like her body told her to get a sudden jet lag. She could feel her stomach churning so she stopped for a few minutes to give herself a breather. Looking around herself she noticed one particular thing that made herself squeal in joy. The school was built on the surface, probably an unimportant detail that most people took for granted but her previous arcana school was quite literally held in the basement of a castle so she's very grateful for this change of scenery.

It didn't took her long to find her classroom, she smiled back at the students who greeted her and decided to seat in one of the front row, the one nearest to the teacher's desk. She wasn't exactly good at this supernatural study which was why she needs to pay extra attention and ask a lot.

A few moment later their supposed teacher finally arrive. She wasn't exactly sure what to expect, someone gruff like her caretaker? Conservative people like the professors from her previous school? Either way, she definitely didn't expect the teacher to display such carefree demeanor by planting his feet on the table. The next was introduction, again. Last one was only three months ago. This time she waited until a few other students introduced themselves first before introducing herself.

"Pleased to meet you all. I am Sophia, Sophia Hughes. I hope we can have an everlasting friendship!" She beamed a bright smile to everyone in the room before concluding her introduction with a little curtsy.

Lola Green

Untitled547_20231205205127 1.png The second she walked into the school grounds her mind began to spiral with different possibilies Everything looked so.. old and shady. It was familiar, But not in the way she wanted. She had a weird feeling about this place.. granted she figured this was where i was supposed to be right? w-what is this? a jail? What kind of school looks like this? The girl asked herself as she fumbled with the hidden pocket inside of her buttoned shirt. She whined a little as she nearly dropped the envelope the moment she finally got a hold of it.

"..T-This, has to be it.. right?" To say the least she was a little disappointed with the atmosphere and look of the place, but mainly, she was nervous. Her fingers twitched and pulled at the paper that was held between her fingers as she finally began to walk the halls of the building. Repeatedly her eyes would shift or dart around uncontrollably, scanning the halls for any hidden dangers. the involuntary movments soon spread to her head as the nervouness inside her began to increase. "These hallways.. T-Too long." Lola mumbled to herself as she started to look behind her as she walked, likely anticipating someone jumping out and attacking her.

The pace of the frantic girl began to slow down a little as she continued to think. While doing so a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she began wondering.. Maybe the people i might meet here are nice. Maybe i'll make a friend--! Or.. what if they think im weird? Her smile quickly dropped, and She stood still for a moment to think further. She began to inspect herself. "i-.. i look good dont i?" she asked, as if expecting someone to come out of no where and amplify her confidence. She tried to straighten any wrinkles or flatten any strands of hair on her head before continuing on with a big, and heavy sigh.

She glanced at the paper with the number on it and looked up at the doors for the first time. The "organization" of the rooms worrying her even more. It was disorderly looking. Luckily though it only took another minute or so of walking to find the one she was looking for."oh-- dear.." lola looked up, and stared at the number for a while not noticing the other student standing outside the hallway. Her legs started to get weak. "i--it's not too.. late to leave rig--right?" She wondered, mistakenly outloud while she began to pace in a small circle infront of the door.

"No.. No, its okay." Her voice getting a little louder as she tried to ignore her body's request to turn back. Taking a deep breath lola tugged and crumbled the paper in her hands, focusing on the sound and texture of it to calm herself.
She listened as some of the tremors in her body became a little less frequent.  i had to go in. She reminded herself once more before turning towards the door again, but this time she noticed the kid and fell back severely feet. "A-AHHHH!- W-Wh.. You weren't there, b-before." she stared at him for a couple of seconds. She was totally freaking out now, despite having just composed herself a few moments prior. "u-uh.. erm." Trembling she scooted past him, not wanting to have any social interaction with the kid after her embarrassing reaction. She smiled weirdly before quickly going inside, slamming the door behind her as relief finally set in to be away from that situation.

Taking a deep breath she rubbed her face and looked up The moment she did in her gaze quickly shifted to the pair of identical girls sitting in the front. She tilted her head a little questioning the more.. unalive looking one. It was an interesting sight in her opinion. One seemed to be lively and the other.. not to much. As she attempted to gather any intel of the girls personality her focus on doing so began to shift to other things. Their outfits reminded her of an idol she had seen on Tv.

She thought they were pretty. Lola continued to mentally pick and prod at the appearance of the two in awe until she suddenly realized she was staring a little too long. Blushing she walked a bit further into the room and soon looked towards the the white haired boy.

He looked like a nerd.. not in a bad way, but.. in a smart way. Maybe.. too smart? Or.. something? Something was odd about this one.. She felt off the longer she kept trying to pinpoint the source of that weird feeling. She stared long enough To the point her stare almost turned into a glare. Again, she snapped out of her little daze remembering that doing this kind of thing was seen as impolite. She looked around one more time, and hastily made her way to a seat stationed in the middle. She gave a few others a glance again but she didnt pick up on anything right away.. as they all seemed normal as of now.

Sooner or later after everyone finally arrived an older looking man came in, the teacher likely? He soon confirmed that as he introduced himself, from which she'd assume he was a laid-back but serious figure. Something she was okay with.. The girl cringed a little as they were told they'd have to introduce themselves as she wasnt good speaking infront of others like that.

Marianne? And Annamarie. They even have pretty names. she noticed marianne seemed bothered by something but she couldnt pinpoint it at the moment. She figured it was best to figure out everyones pet peeves so she isnt a burden on anyones stay here. She smiled at the girls once they turned around and introduced themselves. Her body seems a little more at ease seeing there isnt much tension at the moment.

Jessie's was pretty straight foward. She found the way he spoke a little weird though. It was a little.. sporadic. She prefered to stay away from those kinds of people as shes learned from expierence. The others seemed pretty pleasant and average. She spent most of her time staring at people until she realized a few others had introduced themselves. Quickly raising her hand she stood up from her seat, her body beginning to spasm as her anxiety went up again.
"Uhm..Hello, my-- My Name is, Lola. Uh- Greene. Lola greene! S-Sorry, im nervous. Nice to meet yo-you all."

Lola smiled a little before she sat down again her face was a little red though as she was embarrassed by her own attempt at an introduction.

Relevant Mentions:
Solirus Solirus , Juju Juju , Autumn Leaf Autumn Leaf , Yakov011001 Yakov011001

Last edited:
effdf32ec0381ed5aa1e87e95f93c531.pngc30dba766141338c5cff90ae4eff6d72.jpg

Leander's ordinary day began with the soft hum of his alarm clock. He rose from his bed, the sun casting a warm glow across his room. The familiar surroundings offered a sense of comfort, but the anomaly in his life lingered in the background. Demons, ever-present, danced in the corners of his vision as he prepared for the day.

His parents, unaware of the supernatural entities in their midst, exchanged casual good mornings with their son. Leander, maintaining his composed facade, engaged in their conversations. Breakfast was a simple affair, the clinking of forks against plates creating an unintentional symphony.

As he stepped in front of his house, a blend of nervous excitement and trepidation coursed through Leander's veins. The mysterious letter clutched in his hand felt like a key to a world he had longed for, but the fear of the unknown kept him grounded. The crisp air outside seemed to carry a hint of magic, or perhaps it was merely anticipation coloring his perception.

As he got closer to his door, something changed. There was magic after all. The instant the door creaked open; reality shifted. His surroundings transformed, and Leander found himself within the schools elongated hallways. A moment of hesitation gripped him. He took a deep breath, glancing at the familiar world outside the door he entered. A glance back at his past life. Yet, the pull of the unknown tugged at him, urging him to step through the threshold.

Lost in this otherworldly space, Leander's apprehension melted away. He moved forward, the grandeur of the school enveloping him. The world he had entered felt both ancient and new, a juxtaposition that fascinated him. It didn't take him long to find the classroom, simply the reading of letters and numbers... That and the people who hovered around the door, who he only paid minor glanced to before slipping in.

The moment he stepped into the classroom; the air buzzed with potential. The students, each carrying their own stories, filled the room with a diverse energy. Leander chose a seat, an observer among the vibrant cast of characters. The blackboard, a relic of an older time, captured his attention, inviting him to inscribe his journey into its history.

As the introductions unfolded, Leander noted the distinct personalities around him. The twins, Marianne and Annamarie, held an air of mystery. Jessie Eleanore Wallflower exuded sophistication, concealing something intriguing beneath the surface. Rook's calculated approach mirrored his own cautious nature, and Nikklaüs injected a lively spirit into the room. Sofia had quite the energy and seemed eager to make friends. He made silent note of that as introductions went on. Lola's entrance brought a nervous energy, her struggle completely understandable. Leander recognized the echoes of his own battles with anxiety and new places such as this.

Leander rose from his seat; his movements deliberate but tinged with a quiet hesitancy. His eyes, a reflection of his uncertainty scanned the faces before him. "H-hello, everyone," he began, the words trailing like a delicate brushstroke. "I'm Leander, but you can call me Leo. I... Do hope we'll be good friends." A brief pause hung in the air as he gripped the edge of his sketchbook, essentially repeating himself, but this was only a declaration of how eager he was to have nice company. "I'm looking forward to exploring Anima Studies with all of you."

Leander settled back into his seat afterwards and paid delicate attention to everything else that went on afterwards.

Mentions:
Solirus Solirus Juju Juju Autumn Leaf Autumn Leaf Yakov011001 Yakov011001 _Yua Watanabe_ _Yua Watanabe_ Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Valerie Vu

1702159766588.png
"What the heck?! Where am I?! Did that letter...?!"

A loud, feminine voice echoed through the eerily empty halls of the building, yet it went completely unheard all the same. The energetic pink haired girl sharply looked around, at a loss for how she even got here. Valerie Vu had hardly had a normal past few days as it was, but this definitely outdid everything that came before. There was a lot that she was just beginning to find out about, and she was forced now to reckon with the idea that she was about to learn even more, whether she liked it or not. It wasn't like she could just go back the way she came after all, and while most people in her position might have been extremely apprehensive and unnerved out her wits, Valerie could only take it all in stride.

In a life like this, all you can do is roll with the punches at the end of the day.

She tried calling out for anyone else who might be roaming the halls, but such calls inevitably fell upon deaf ears, and this stupid letter wasn't of much help anyway. All she could do was blindly grope at every door she came across like a lost child; it didn't even matter where any such door would lead her, but she needed to feel like she was getting somewhere. Valerie felt like the protagonist in some old timey survival horror game like this, having to test out every door she saw, until she looked at the note in her hand again and realized there was a number written on it. Oh, a clue. Of course. This is why it pays to read. And not for the first time, she'd failed to immediately cash in.

Still, the number didn't help too much as Valerie realized that every which way she whipped her head, she couldn't immediately find the lucky number that was supposed to be her saving grace. Not for a few minutes anyway, until she saw a boy holding out the door open like a blinding signal to light the dark. Her face illuminated once she finally registered him, practically skipping toward him and stopping in front of him. She took a moment to gaze at the front of the door to make sure it was the corresponding number, and then smiled affirmatively once it was confirmed. Looking at Nikklaüs, she suddenly took his free hand in her gloved hands and vigorously shook it. "Hi there, hey there, ho there! Finally, someone else here! I've been running around forever! N-Not that I was lost or anything! I'm not late for whatever this is, am I? Great!" She grinned, before just as swiftly letting go and moving past him.

When she stepped inside the room, Valerie observed the interior to find a classroom with more empty tables than there were people inside. She felt a pang of relief wash over her heart as she finally found others in this weird place, people who looked equally -- or at least, a little less -- befuddled at the situation. There was solace even in confusion, after all. The pink haired girl gave an acknowledging but silent smile to those who paid her any mind; she could only give something of a bittersweet smile at the sight before her. Here she was, freshly out of school and then immediately thrust back into one. Well, that was another reason Daddy wouldn't have to know anything, right?

Valerie took a seat and thought over what to do or say while she waited. Her first instinct would have been to strike up a conversation with someone else, ask or even just shoot the shit about what all this was, but she wouldn't want to look dumb. After all, the note technically did say all there needed to say, and she didn't want to question something that others might have found self-explanatory. Plus, some of the people here looked pretty anxious and uncomfortable, and the last thing she'd want to do is blow her first impression because she came on a bit too strong. She weighed her options carefully, but for better or for worse, the choice was quickly taken out of her hands as an older looking man eventually walked in and introduced himself as their professor, sufficiently breaking the ice for everyone.

Well, when needs must, just go with the flow.

After some of the others had introduced themselves and it came the pink haired girl's turn, she stood up and gave a friendly wave toward everyone, grinning with natural enthusiasm for this interesting scenario as she introduced herself. "Hi hi, all. Name's Valerie Vu, and I barely have the foggiest what I'm doing here, but I'm excited to find out! Friends call me Val, so feel free to call me that if you want! Let's all get along now, shall we?" She asked, making a peace sign with her hand as she made sure to make eye contact with every single person in the room before sitting back down.

Last edited:
Mariana Mirror

The past few months had been a whirlwind of new information being thrown at Mariana, but in the most vague ways. Ever since the storm took her family, she had been staying with an aunt. An aunt that could answer some of the questions that bubbled up in Mariana’s mind since the storm. Ever since that day, she had felt somewhat different. Recently, she had even started to hear a voice in her head. It wasn’t hers either. There was something happening to her, or maybe it already happened, but it was scary. Her aunt assured her she would be fine. Mariana would just have to wait and accept that things were going to change soon. But how was she supposed to know what that would mean?

When she got the letter, her aunt told her to not be scared. She was about to learn alot more about the world, get an explanation for the voice becoming more and more common, and that she was special. She would just have to stay determined and go into everything with an open mind. This just made Mariana even more nervous than she already was. So, Mariana set off that day, unsure of what exactly was to come.

Her blood ran cold as her front door opened and she saw nothing but a hallway. Mariana stepped back and closed the door. She blinked a few times and mentally reset herself. Was all the stress from losing her parents and almost dying finally catching up to her? Was this a stress induced hallucination? She opened the door once more only to find the same sight, waiting for her. Her aunt urged her to push forwards, and confirmed what Mariana was seeing.

“It doesn’t look like it’s changed at all since I was there.” Her aunt reminisced. “Go on.”

Hearing her aunt had some sort of experience with it made Mariana feel alot better. But if this wasn’t a hallucination, what was it? She stepped through the threshold of the door and felt her world turn upside down for a moment. Her stomach churned and she felt weightless. But it ended just as abruptly as it started. She turned around, only to find no door whatsoever. On edge and scared, it was all she could do to find the room ordered by the paper.

Mariana walked and walked until she was nearly frightened out of her skin, hearing someone call out not to far away for others that might be around. She caught what she thought was a glimpse of pink hair disappear around a corner. She hadn’t seen another person yet, and while they sounded lost, wouldn’t it be better to be lost with someone?

She attempted to walk after that person, but lost them. Mariana started humming to herself, something she often did when stressed, and continued to search for the door. It felt like years, but after 10 minutes, she finally found it. Gasped as the paper went up in smoke. She dropped it, assuming it was on fire, but it was nothing. It had all vanished into somesort of smoke. Another thing to add onto the pile of things to be worried or scared of. Mariana slowly opened the door.

She saw quite a few people already seated, along with a teacher at the head of the room. It seemed she found the right place as introductions were happening. Mariana tried to creep in as quietly as possible to avoid interrupting, and sat in one of the seats the farthest from everyone as she could. She briefly caught glimpses of everyone when she entered, but right now, she had no opinion or interest in looking at the others. She was far too anxious. Mariana fiddled with the sleeves of her sweatshirt in her lap and stared down at them.

A few moments later, she would peek up and notice some students, and the teacher, expectantly looking her way. She tensed up, wondering what she did wrong, until that voice spoke in her head.

It’s your turn to introduce yourself, mortal.

It spat with annoyance, frustration and disdain clear in its tone, making Mariana tense up once again. She looked back down towards her lap. Her voice was meek and quiet, a mere mumble that barely made it to the teacher’s ears.

“I-I’m Mariana Mirror.”

And that was her whole introduction.

COBALT ULAR
‘Confused’ would be a good way to describe Cobalt’s state of mind right now. He’s been wandering around the academy’s premises for a few minutes now, feeling as though he's been walking in circles. He hummed in curiosity as he took a gander at the surroundings. It was obvious that there was some sort of magical shenanigan going on that transported him to this unknown place. Still, this was apparently the place where he’d be able to learn more about his abilities and learn to put his special talent to good use. It’d be best to proceed using a hint of caution but he had a feeling everything would be worth it in the end.

He glanced down at his hand, clicking his tongue in slight irritation when he realized the door in front of him yet again didn’t match the one written on the note he held. “Because a school is magical in nature doesn’t make it an obligation to confuse its students like this…”, he mumbled, running a hand through his marine hair, making sure his ponytail was still in place.

Fortunately, any fear of him being late vanished when someone called out to him, saying the class’ number out loud. Cobalt let out a sigh of relief -saying this chaotic layout was getting annoying would be an understatement. “Ah, very considerate of you.”, he thanked the young man by the door. “Finding this place took way too long for my liking.” With the complete lack of patterns, it was like the school wanted him to be late on the first day. But he put this aside for now; he’d have ample time to cry about it later. Entering the classroom, he took note of the other people already present in the room.

Not one to want to attract too much attention, Cobalt chose a seat somewhere in the back half of the class, giving a small friendly nod to the twins(?) and the blond girl that were sitting in front -he couldn’t help but respect those who chose to sit at the front of the class as they almost always took the brunt of the teacher’s questions.

He also gave a curt nod to the others in the back row, not wanting to seem cold or detached. “Hello.”, he mumbled a quick greeting to everyone. There were more people than he expected. Did everyone else here possess special abilities like he did? That thought was strangely invigorating. He wondered if everyone had something similar to him or if there would be individual differences.

His expression turned to one of focus when the professor, Jaquie Lawphel, entered the classroom to introduce himself. He seemed rather casual -this was better than if he was some super strict teacher. But regardless of the instructor’s mannerism, he would be the one teaching Cobalt about anima and the way to correctly use it -that was enough to deserve respect.

It was reassuring to know that the other students here were normal despite the academy’s magical nature. A part of him feared that he’d be stuck with a bunch of eccentric personalities -Cobalt couldn’t help but let out a sigh of relief when he realized that there were just as many shy people and energetic ones as any other regular institution. But the nervousness of many was palpable. Again, a good thing considering he was feeling the same.

“... Introductions, right.” Getting up from his seat, Cobalt gave a tired smile to everyone present once it was his turn to speak. “Hello everyone, my name is Cobalt Ular. I look forward to learning alongside all of you.”, he said with a simple bow. The introductions thus far have been fairly simple and he didn’t want to sound self-entitled by adding unnecessary detail. Not that students in a supernatural academy would be too interested in his mundane life. They were all here to learn about the supernatural, after all.

Solirus Solirus Juju Juju Autumn Leaf Autumn Leaf jmann jmann Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread _Yua Watanabe_ _Yua Watanabe_ Silent Child Silent Child Verite Verite November Witch November Witch

Marianne had decided to be the first to introduce themselves, Jaquie seemed to enjoy people taking the initiative without needing to be encouraged, however his relaxed expression swiftly fell into a cold and careless one when Marianne referred to him as professor Lawphel. Scratching the back of his neck Jaquie let out a quiet sigh but did not interrupt her, only fixing up his expression back to a more positive one and nodding at Marianne's remark that they would avoid any undue trouble and that they would look forward to his lessons.

For the rest of introductions, Jaquie maintained a relaxed and positive expression, slowly rotating the shaft of the umbrella back and forth over his shoulder. Eventually however most students had already introduced themselves except for the one sitting next to the window. Jaquie remained silent and simply turned his gaze towards the boy, staring at him until the boy realized he was the only one yet to introduce themselves.

They boy's cheeks flared up, it felt to him as if the spotlight was now shining down on him and all while appearing unaware and oblivious. The boy took a deep breath and simply rose from his chair. "I- um Hi my name is Isaac... um, I like- it's a pleasure to be here... today and to meet you all..." Isaac fell silent and sat back down on his chair, avoiding eye contact with anyone else and opting to stare directly at his own desk.

"All right, that will be everyone's introductions or at least those who bothered arriving on time" Jaquie broke his silence, closing shut his umbrella and leaving it leaning on the wall. Removing his legs from the top of the desk, Jaquie opened a drawer in his desk, pulling out a clipboard with a list attached to it, "yep, there's still some of you missing, we'll have to get that sorted" Jaquie commented flipping over the first page before tossing the clipboard back into the drawer.

"Today is your first day of classes and we first have to cover the elephant in the room: why are you all here." Jaquie slowly rose from his seat, "You all have been admitted to this institution for one of two reasons." Jaquie extended an open hand towards the chalk and in the blink of an eye, Jaquie was now holding the chalk again, "The first reason is because you hold potential in the world of arcanists" he stated writing down a one and the word potential, giving it an underline for extra emphasis, "And the second reason is because of the danger you may pose" he wrote down a two and danger on the board with three exclamation points. "For the dangerous ones in the room, standard practice would have you executed, but I think the ones who enforce that are rat bastards and should eat their own shit, so instead you are brought here, to develop you as people and arcanists." Jaquie dramatically wrote down people and arcanists before tossing the chalk again, this time hitting the floor.

"Some of you may find what I said confusing and concerning, considering this might be your first real experience with arcanist society, but questions will have to wait as I am giving you all a surprise diagnostic test." Jaquie walked back to his desk and pulled open the bottom drawer, removing a rectangular wooden box. When placed on the top of the desk, students could notice it had no opening and etched on it's surface were symbols, unfamiliar and nonsensical symbols for some, yet for those who knew, the symbols meant 'silence'. "This box contains weakened demons, what we arcanists are born to hunt. I will release them and they will charge after you, attempt to neutralize them within the span of five minutes. Even though these demons are very weak, they aren't completely harmless, so if any of you get yourselves in real danger I will personally step in." Jaquie's voice exuded confidence and a tinge of joy contrasting what we was about to do.

Placing his hand on the box, Jaquie tightly squeezed it, causing cracks to begin forming. The students who had experience could begin to sense the presence of demons coming from the box like the awful stench that it was. Small arms started poking out from the box, desperately grasping for freedom, "Test starts..." Jaquie let go of the box, shattering into splinters of wood and burning into nothingness, "Now!"

Clear in view, about a dozen small demons, no more than the size of tennis balls, emerged from the remains of the box, they appeared as lumps of flesh with arms and eyes littered across the body and twisting mouths open and starving. Their first instinct was to charge at the students, mustering up the little strength they had and letting out guttural howls.

GM Note: The demons present little to no threat and each player may control up to two demons in their next post.

mentions: Solirus Solirus November Witch November Witch Verite Verite _Yua Watanabe_ _Yua Watanabe_

Although some were more difficult to understand, or even hear, than others, Wallflower continued to smile as the eclectic group of students carried out their various character reveals. There were those who also had a tendency to glare too long. But his eyes did not linger in one place. He had taken a pen from his case, and began to write whenever someone finished speaking. It was harmless to assume he was merely writing notes.

In the time it took for them to return to their seat, he glanced down and jotted a letter. Just a single letter, into a small piece of paper.
As an example, the last girl, Miss Mirror was denoted by the letter 'P'. The one before, a "B".

He quickly shifted the scrap of paper within the notebook, as such that it could easily be hidden underneath his palm. In case he would be surprised. His spot in the back also prevented an unwanted , and undetectable flanking.

When Mr. Lawphel finally addressed the class, Wallflower simply closed his notebook. He leaned forward with a tilt of his head, smiling as always. As if it was time to really pay attention. He noticed the man displayed subtle abilities, though the origin eludes him at this point.

At the notion of potential 'dangerous' cadets, Jessie's eyes rapidly shifted across the floor, as if trying to catch a reaction. Just for a moment, his smile curled in an odd way. By the time the explanation was over, the pallid-man nodded his head plainly. This was the rational outcome.

As for the sudden 'pop-quiz', he already held in his hand the tape-recorder when it was mentioned. Fingers curled around the device, waiting as the anima prison containing the little creatures was dramatically crushed before the class. As the negative energies poured out, his eyes twinkled in recognition. Like seeing an old friend. It was that familiar feeling. The sight of the squirming limbs, the slinking hands, seemed to cause a similar restlessness to respond within the man. He tapped his fingers, as if counting the seconds. Though Wallflower caught himself. He remembered to maintain appearances.

He spoke aloud, so that those nearby could hear him.
"Don't get in my way. If you would, kindly. I wouldn't want to accidentally hurt any of you."

As Wallflower sent out these simple instructions, he had already begun his 'ritual' of sorts. A tape-recorder was placed at the end of the table where he sat, on its spine. He then began slowly walking forward. Out of context, the man would look like he was enjoying a casual stroll through a scenic park. The spinning tape on the device faced forward, as if its two large windows were rolling eyes watching everything. The pallid-man nodded his head, as if he was listening to a silent melody. One only he could hear produced from the tape.

Then hands closed around both his ears.
The first creature he locked eyes on, a sniveling tiny thing, froze in its tracks. It was in a whimpering daze, like an animal caught in a spotlight.
The man simply raised a foot, and squashed it. He gazed at the guts smeared beneath the oxfords, hands never leaving his ears. Nor the polite smile.

Pressing the tip of his shoes on the ground, he kicked off the blackened viscera from the bottom of his heels. A curious look crossed his face as he noticed the bloody muck fizzle into smoke. As if he expected otherwise. His smile tightened. No mess.
With this in mind, he immediately looked at another. This one also locked in place. He held his gaze on this one longer. After a few seconds, the little thing let a painful cry, flailing as if its skin had been set aflame. But there was no fire. All the while, Wallflower maintained his slow, steady steps. Almost as if he wanted it to suffer for as long as possible.

Then, another crunchy -- SQUISH.

Last edited:
Valerie Vu

1702238106063.png
Once the introductions of everyone who had arrived on time had passed, the man who introduced himself as everyone's to-be professor began to speak once more. Valerie for her part resisted the urge to barrage him with questions, as indeed she was perhaps one of the few who had next to no knowledge of what exactly she had stumbled into here, and let the man explain himself, but ultimately, she was left with a few more questions than she had received answers.

Once he seemed to ostensibly finish talking, Valerie raised a gloved hand and spoke sheepishly.

"Wait, what was that about a surprise test with dem--AUGH!"

As a slew of small, strange entities seemed to burst out of the wooden box, the pink haired girl practically leapt back and out of her seat, alarmed as she was thrust into fight or flight mode, only just able to identify these creatures as demons as they gave off a distinct presence that could only remind her of the creature she'd run into just the other day. Stranger and stranger her life was becoming so suddenly, but she didn't have time to dwell on that at the moment. At least now, she wasn't caught totally unprepared, and she intended to take advantage of that as much as she could.

Even as she leapt back, Valerie's initial position in the front row meant she was still in front of most of the other apparent students, and by extension, she was the first target of quite a number of these small creatures, but she did her best to keep her cool. With a self-confident smirk, Valerie fired her power up, crossing her arms in front of her chest with open palms, as small balls of pure light materialized between each of her fingers, like stars shining in the sky, before they just as quickly faded away.

That was just showing off. But this would be the main attraction.

As Valerie proceeded to point an index finger at the closest oncoming demon charging at her, she snapped her fingers and in an instant, a small detonation erupted on the creature's body, one that looked and sounded more like a firework than a bomb. The first blast gave the creature pause, but it initially seemed no worse for wear until Valerie snapped her fingers again, and then again, and then again, and for each snap, more firework blasts suddenly manifested and exploded on the demon until she had blown up the monster up to ten times in rapid succession until its frontal charge was finally derailed and it ended up falling to the side, sliding and crashing into a nearby table like a runaway train, down for the count.

Just as quickly as one demon was disposed however, another quickly ran past it to take its place to come for Valerie, but the girl -- now in her groove -- was hardly perturbed. At this second demon, Valerie stuck her hand out at it, fingers curled before she produced a blinding flash of light right in the demon's face; the light was contained chiefly within the radius of her hand and the flash shot out like a ray at the demon and only the demon, meaning that in other words, the other students around wouldn't have been put off by the flash at the very least, and it certainly helped that she still stood at the front of the room as well.

As the demon, temporarily blinded, lost its balance during its charge and slid onto the ground, stopping right at Valerie's feet, the girl smirked as she pulled her leg back and gave it a hard kick like a pro soccer player, sending its small body flying back and crashing into another demon for their trouble, taking another down for the count, though Valerie was left with a wincing expression on her face as she bounced a bit on her other foot.

"Ow! Oof, ouch! That thing was a lot heavier than it looked!" She hissed out, hopping a few steps back to give herself more room to breathe as the onslaught continued around her.

Mariana Mirror

Mariana let out a breath she didn’t even know she was holding as she watched the eyes in the classroom gloss over her and move to someone else. The noises in the room mostly went in one ear and out the other as she focused on her hands in her lap, which played with the purple sweatshirt she wore. Mariana also started to hum to herself, but it was so soft only she could hear it. Her mind was racing at a million miles a minute. This whole place was so confusing. It was like a dream. And there was that voice in her head again that occasionally spoke up.

Normally it gave her advice in a frustrated, exasperated manner. It was a feminine voice, but it was distorted. As if multiple girls were speaking to her at once. Mariana felt as if she was going crazy when she first heard it. But her aunt had promised this place would help, so she felt obliged to be here. In fact, her aunt’s words are the only reason she hadn’t given up and tried to leave. This place was going to help her and teach her about the world. Or so, that's what was told to her.

Mariana finally looked up for more than a moment when the teacher started speaking. She let out a sigh of relief as it seemed everyone else was looking at him now, and Mariana could relax a bit more. However, once again, her blood ran cold as he called this place an institution. Did her aunt think she was crazy? Was Mariana being institutionalized? Was this some sort of hospital for the mentally ill? Her heart beat fast as she started to overthink everything now.

Mortals are always so quick to overreact. Calm down, you’re not going to be trapped in some building for the rest of your life.

It said as if it could read her mind.

I wouldn’t allow that. I’m stuck in here with you. I’d go crazy too.

Mariana started to calm down at the passive aggressive statements and attempts to calm her down. She continued to listen to the teacher, and wondered what exactly an arcanist was. Was that something she could do? Or was she the dangerous one? Surely not, right? Mariana wouldn’t even hurt a fly, let alone a person. As that thought materialized in her mind, she heard the other voice softly chuckling in her head, but no further words were spoken. Mariana felt like execution was something way too harsh for these dangerous folks. Couldn’t they just be put into prison, like all the other dangerous people were? Mariana was sure glad she wasn’t in the dangerous category.

As he continued, Mariana felt as though a teacher shouldn’t be using such foul language in the classroom, but she held her tongue. There was no reason to say anything. Besides, she was so meek and non-confrontational, that she would probably never do it anyways. When a surprise diagnostic test was mentioned, Mariana wasn’t too concerned. Tests, especially if they really were just a diagnostic, were much easier to deal with when compared with people. She was just about to reach into her purse for a pen, when the teacher pulled out a box, and mentioned something about demons…

He dropped some important information that Mariana latched onto. Arcanists were made to hunt these things. Or, rather born to. This all was starting to seem like the plot to an anime. A group of students being recruited to a secret school to learn how to fight a secret evil no one knows about… She kept flip flopping on whether to believe this place was something Bonafide or just some dream, or prank or something. She didn’t know what to believe.

That was, until she saw them. They sprung from the box and emitted horrible cries. Mariana stood up, and backed into the farthest wall of the room, horrified at what she was seeing. She knocked over her chair in the process, almost tripping over it. Her hands were clasped together against her chest, and she pressed herself into the corner, as far away from them as she could get. She shook in fear, and was about to cry out, but stopped short as she felt her vision begin to darken and cloud with dark red and black colors. Something was welling up inside her, something she’d never felt before.

There was so much going on inside the classroom, only those paying attention to Mariana for whatever reason may notice, but her eyes were no longer purple, but red. There was a clear difference at this point. She now held herself in a more confident manner, with a smile that could only be described as unnerving.

“Tsk tsk tsk, you really are such a coward…”

She mumbled to herself. Only the few closest might have a chance of hearing this above the other sounds of combat in the room, and once more, only those closest to her would be able to feel the distinct sensation of a more powerful demon emanating from her person. However, this demon didn’t exactly want the whole room staring at it. No, using demonic powers would draw too much attention. Mariana picked up the chair she’d knocked over moments earlier and whack the one demon that managed to slip past everyone. Over and over, she brought the chair down on it until it eventually went up in smoke.

At that point she would look down at herself, make sure she hadn’t dirtied herself or ruined her appearance. Once she made sure she was just as presentable as when she entered, she’d set the chair back down at the desk, and take a seat once more, simply watching as the others cleaned up the rest.

Sophia Hughes

"D-D-D-Demon!?" Sophia didn't expect them to face off demons on their first day, her previous school told her to spent the first day fully meditating! This would become her first time encountering any demon since she got into arcane school, and it terrified her. She wasn't ready. As Mr. lawphel broke the demon prison, Sophia immediately let out a squeal and put up a barrier around her. There's quite a number of demons that were rushing towards her but after they noticed the barrier only two of them remains, the rest had scattered across the classroom.

The two demons in front of her had the appearance similar to a mini gargoyle, lanky somewhat humanoid figure with bat-like wing on their back. Both demons posses long fang that peeked out of their mouth and sharps fingernails on their hands and feet. The demons opened their mouth and with great effort let out a coarse guttural voice that barely resembles words, but Sophia instantly recognize it the moment she heard it.

"Ma... ma...."
"Ma... ma.... ma..."
"Ma... ma.... ma... ma..."

Her eyes wide open as she heard the words. She could hear her heart start racing, sweat falling down her face and a sharp tingling sensation in her chest. Her head felts fuzzy, her ears ringing.

Don't forget to breath.

She almost forget that. Meditating class. Taking a deep breath and then slowly releasing it through her mouth, Sophia repeated the process several times and gradually regained her composure. Once she was calm enough she looked back at the two demons, they're still banging on the barrier, but the only noises they make were only animalistic grunts. She was thankful that it all only happened in her head.

These were literally the lowest level of demons. She's an arcanist now, if she wants to save people from the likes of them she shouldn't freak out like this. Still maintaining her conscious deep breathing technique, Sophia took down her own barrier and raised her left arm. One of the demon rushed forward and bite the arm, but she didn't care. Instead Sophia focused on the other demon and snatched it midair. The teacher told them to neutralize these demons without giving them any weapon or tool, so she choose to put faith in him and believe these demons can be neutralized barehanded.

One demon struggling to get free from her grasp in one hand, another demon clinging and biting on the other arm. Sophia used both of her hands to grab the one demon. One grabbing its body and one grabbing its head. Then a sickening crunch could be heard as she twisted the demon head repeatedly until it was separated from its body. Black blood poured out from the dead demon before it eventually fizzled out into nothingness. She then continue by yanking the other demon off her arm and did the same thing to the creature. That was... unexpectedly cathartic, she thought to herself with a wide crooked grin on her face. Having finished all the demons attacking her, she decided to sit back and watch the rest of the test unfolds.

Last edited:
---☆---

Lola Had her head on the desk, her arms wrapped around her head like some sort of helmet. Though her nervousness had settled down a little since the introductions, it didnt mean she wasnt nervous.. however once she heard the familar sound of the taps and scratches of chalk against a board She instantly shot her head upward, afraid she would be called out for "not paying attention". Lola listened to Mr Lawpel, it was simple. But her body began to twitch and shift a little as she heard him mention how others might be a danger.

She looked around the room again eyeing the others. Her brain automatically telling her to re-scan the area just incase. But not wanting to look crazier then she already is she Remained still. i didnt know they executed people.. she thought to herself, but before she could continue to worry the word 'diagnostic' moved her attention away from it. "Demons--? D-Demons..?!" the corners of her mouth began to jerk and tremble vigorously. To the point it looked like she was smiling. Realizing this she bit her lip and pushed her chair backwards, ready to get up and run if she had too. Before anything even happened she was already on fight or flight. Well.. as of now, flight.

Seeing the box she swallowed the urge to throw up. The familar presence of such revolting entities forced her body to writhe and shake. Lola stood up from her seat, her nails clawing into her desk as she covered her mouth with her free hand.

Unfortunately before she could conpose herself she heard the cracks and crushing of the box, and she looked up to the front to see monstrous and deformed entities clawing and crawling their way through the classroom. She screamed and instantly stepped back, tripping over her chair and Falling. Ah-AHH-- Ughn!" she rubbed her behind, a little sore from such a fall. Quickly she went to scramble to her feet but seeing a small, deformed creature with an eye running at her caused her to freeze.

Something snapped this time though. Her eyes went wide And black tears filled them.. quickly stained her cheeks. The creature kept wobbling and snarling as it made its way closer. But She didnt move. The second it came into contact with the tip of her finger the creature slowly stopped moving and began to moan and whine. The eye on the top of its "head" looked around frantically as if trying to find somewhere to go.. the body morphed and tumbled around on the floor-- but before it could do anymore it suddenly expanded and  Exploded Splattering its guts and off colored substance into lola's face. Her chest began to rise and fall again this time quickly.. and she put a shaky hand up to her cheek to feel the remains of the entity. Once she went over what just happened. She just sat there and began to sob and cry. Almost hysterically..

Relevant mentions: Solirus Solirus

Last edited:
effdf32ec0381ed5aa1e87e95f93c531.pngc30dba766141338c5cff90ae4eff6d72.jpg

The influx of new students brought a spectrum of personalities into the classroom. Valerie's outspoken confusion resonated with Leo, who shared her bewilderment about the mysterious world they found themselves in. Amidst the varied reactions, one figure caught Leo's attention—the quiet Isaac seated in front of him. As Isaac reluctantly introduced himself, Leo couldn't help but feel a subtle connection to the antisocial aura surrounding him. It was a familiarity, a quiet understanding in this unknown environment.

When the teacher rose, initiating what Leo presumed to be the first lecture, he was met with a surprise—the blackboard actually being out to use. The physical writing of knowledge went against all of Leo's expectations, prompting him to reassess the potential significance of each student present. Were they here due to potential or as a potential danger to society? The question lingered, leaving Leo to ponder his own place in this gathering. He felt neither distinctly special nor inherently perilous, and found himself relying on time to unveil the truth.

The mention of an initial test sparked Leo's interest, triggering a familiar sensation—the demons, his silent stalkers for most his life, had found their way into this new environment. However, their appearance, as elucidated by Mr. Lawphel, was not a spontaneous manifestation but a result of being captured. Leo's usual tranquility shattered as the box containing the demons burst open, unleashing chaos upon the classroom. Reacting instinctively, he leaped from his seat, and with a mixture of fear and determination, engaged with the entities.

A demon collided with Leo's forehead, prompting him to seize the small orb, which emitted distressing screams. In a surge of panic, he released the creature, propelling it into a wall, where it disintegrated upon repeated ramming with a chair. A second demon sunk its teeth into Leo's shoulder, causing a retaliatory response. Leo, now driven by a surge of adrenaline, replicated the previous encounter—grabbing the entity, thrusting it against the same spot of wall, and extinguishing its existence with the aid of a chair.

Amidst the chaotic scene, Leo cast a glance across the room, assessing the well-being of his peers. His attention gravitated towards Lola, who seemed to be grappling with an unseen struggle, crying on the ground. Concern etched across Leo's face as he approached her. "L-Lola, you've gotta get up," he urged, his voice laced with a blend of terror and compassion. A wave of indescribable sadness enveloped him when he made contact with her. A lone tear escaped his eye, a show to the intricate emotions stirred within her. Despite the turmoil, Leo shook her gently, determined to help her rise from whatever was going on with her.

Mentions: Solirus Solirus Verite Verite _Yua Watanabe_ _Yua Watanabe_

e4fb1f596c5b1fe505eac26f7cfc6609.jpg
55e428f690378b29739891ef9d7109da.jpg

━ ◦ ※ ◦━​
In delicate, looping strokes Marianne kept a dutiful record on the page before her;

Concerning peers;
Jessie E. Wallflower - circular spectacles.
Rook ?? - they/them (remember!)
Nikklaüs T. Tensh-

Marianne lifted pen from paper, a pause to examine some notable trait she could use to better remember the speaker. Much to her surprise, she caught her classmate signing in ASL. It did not take her long to put two and two together. Her lips parted, a small expression of shock, before they curled shut into a little smile.

Since Annamarie hadn’t introduced herself, Nikk must have come to the conclusion that she was deaf and made accommodations on her behalf. While it was entirely unnecessary—not to mention both she and the doll could not understand ASL—it was still an unexpected yet pleasant gesture. Marianne couldn’t help but feel touched at the acknowledgement of her beloved twin. While Nikk may have spoken in improper English, Marianne gave him the pass in lieu of the respect he showed Annamarie. Out of all present so far, she would look on him the fondest.

One by one her remaining classmates gave their introductions, Marianne continued to take note of their names and any significant traits that could help her to better put name to face. Other than sharing a similar name to one peer, Mariana, there was not much she could gain from mere surface level personality. That being said, what she observed was deeply concerning.

So many seem anxious, she thought to herself, frowning lightly as the last student finished up his sheepish introduction, If it's not used to power their anima, it can be dangerous on hunts. Mind you it is a first year class… but still…

For a moment, she mused with the idea of giving them some helpful pointers after class had concluded. Brushing the thought from her head, she shifted in her seat and returned her attention to Professor Lawphel’s display on the chalkboard.

She didn’t seem surprised by the chalk’s unnatural jump (in fact, she only seemed disturbed by his previous mistreatment) and her expression didn’t shift much as she read the two words that had caused a ripple of unease in the classroom. She looked at the two categories and never for a second doubted which of the two should be applied to herself. While her peers may be worried or intrigued, she merely reviewed her list of neatly stacked names, mildly wondering which of them were branded for death or a lifetime of servitude.

It was not long before the Professor turned to more immediate matters; an aptitude test. Marianne looked at the little box with its familiar symbols. Silence, it read. A simple binding ward, most useful for the lowest tier demons and the act of training new arcanists. Still, Marianne frowned lightly.

"Excuse me Professor Lawphel," she so desperately wanted to say, “Is a classroom really the proper place for an attitude test? Just think of the mess?”

She could already feel the ruler's sting against her knuckles, so she bit back her complaints. There was no point in arguing with a mentor.

Marianne took a deep breath inwards, held the air in her lungs and focused on the flesh and blood that housed it. She envisioned the anima coursing within, imagining her heart engulfed in smooth white marble, like a carved Greek statue, like porcelain. Perfect and still.

Even as the box of demons shattered upon the ground, Marianne remained calmly seated. Small, ugly creatures rushed past the twins, hungry mouths seeking her classmates and peers. Only one remained in front of her, lagging behind in a disgusting mass of sickly limbs and sagging eyes.

Much to Marianne’s disgust, it crawled on her desk like some fat leech. Revolting.

Marianne frowned then turned her eyes down to her notes, “Annamarie?”

The doll stood up with unnatural grace, gliding into motion as if tugged by invisible strings. Her skirt twirled as she lunged, one leg raised up like a ballerina on stage. There was a crackle of red energy, a flash of metal, and at the end of her movement the little monster had been skewered by the closed tip of an enormous pair of scissors.

Annamarie lifted the wriggling creature up off the desk, carefully held it over the aisle between desks, then opened the scissors. The demon exploded into flakes of ash, which disappeared before it could touch the ground, its meager anima funneled towards the doll. No more monster, no more mess. Order had been restored.

“Just rubbish. Such filth doesn't deserve the right to existence.” Marianne said, looking up from her freshly scrawled notes. Then she spared a smile, her eyes softened as they glanced at the doll, “Oh but Annamarie you were lovely. Thank you.”

The doll gave a dainty courtesy, then returned to sit upon her vacant chair, the scissors resting gently on her lap in case they were needed. Once peace returned, they could fizzle away and disappear.

The sound of distress and moving furniture grated at Marianne's ears, but she did her absolute best to maintain her focus. Don't look back, she told herself, Professor Lawphel has everything under control. Clean up could come later. Restlessly, she twirled her pen between her fingers. There was bound to be a janitorial closet around here that the cleaners used.

Demons left hardly a trace behind after their slaughter, but Marianne could never be comfortable with the invisible taint...the knowledge that they had once soiled the area. It was never fully clean until something had washed the area. Only then could she be completely comfortable. Even if she had to do it herself.

Last edited:
Sitting down from his introduction, Nikklaüs reflected on the people he met at the door coming in after him, who introduced themselves after him as well.

First was Lola Greene, bless her heart; he didn't mean to frighten her so thoroughly. It didn't help that he didn't get the chance to apologize to her for the fright, the way she ran off in such a hurry. Even now it looked like she was about to spit out her soul and die from the anxiety. In fact, there seemed to be a number of stress balls in the classroom. Leander was among them. Nikklaüs didn't get the chance to put in a word with him either! He just slipped past like Nikklaüs didn't exist. Still, he took the introductions much better than Lola. Valarie on the other hand, was much more sociable; her introduction showed that much. She also seemed to lack focus? Maybe that's just a snap judgment he was making of her, but she left in such a hurry after so energetically greeting him; damnit, has Nikklaüs even gotten a single interaction out for himself!? Well, Cobalt was pretty fuckin' chill. It was nice to actually have a chance to say something after his thanking Nikklaüs for assisting.

"Of course, bruv. I'm here for a reason!" Was all he really needed.

Then there was an introduction by surprise guest character Mariana Mirror; where the hell had she come from? He could've sworn she wasn't in here when he first arrived, and there was no way she could've slipped past him while he was out on 'guard duty' or what-have-you. Well, she could've—like Leander—but he would've noticed her! Ultimately, when introductions ended with Isaac, maybe it was Nikklaüs' confirmation bias but he had the idea that maybe a side-effect of taking the class was inducing crippling social anxiety. Counting on his fingers to himself, Nikklaüs made a note of Lola, Leander, Mariana, and Isaac. He ought to find the time to interact with them individually; it would be easier on them if he took the initiative to become friends.

That would of course come after whatever lecture the professor had in mind for their first day. Jaquie started by establishing what they are there for, easy enough. Though, Nikklaüs still didn't quite follow; he didn't really know what an Arcanist was. Surely that must mean he's not here to be one? He would've known by now if that were the case, right? But does that mean he's part of the dangers they want wrangled up off the streets?

Nah, that can't be right.

"Some of you may find what I said confusing and concerning, considering this might be your first real experience with arcanist society, but questions will have to wait as I am giving you all a surprise diagnostic test." He continued, and Nikklaüs tuned him out when he snap focused on the box. It had strange engravings that very distinctly read like a language, but not one he could pin down, somehow. It used a combination of long strokes with subtle curves and short and sharp accents. It gave him impressions of something much older and less refined, but unrefined out of out of necessity: like it would lose its meaning or purpose if it had been. Nikklaüs' analysis was cut short however when Jaquie, without warning—that he'd been paying attention to—dropped the box on the floor.

"Blyat!" Nikklaüs reeled his left leg back at the many small fleshy lump-bois that flew across the room. One flying down the isle right towards him, and another rolling down the wall his way as well.

With his raised leg, Nikklaüs kicked his desk so that it slid out to intercept one of the two cacodemon wannabes. The desk clipped its bottom half, killing its momentum and leaving it slowly rolling on the desktop. Then Nikklaüs reached over his head and behind him to plant is hands on the chair's backrest, and with a swift push he kicked his whole body in a backwards arc around the chair. His right foot impacted the second demon cleanly as it leaped at him from the wall, sending it up into the ceiling where it created a solid plap! The first demon had recovered at this point, launching towards him from the desk as he landed behind the chair. He took the chair by its back rest and spun clockwise to gain the momentum he needed to absolutely obliterate the demon against the wall. The chair's wood-on-wood construction splintering off into oblivion as he did so, one of the stray legs flying up and grazing his face where it made a decently long cut on his cheek. His hands free from the fragments of the chair recoiling out of his hands, Nikklaüs wound up to catch the second demon as it slowly peeled off the ceiling. His legs coming together, bent and on on his toes; he brought his hands together: his left hand palm-up over his right hand palm-down. With one swift motion, he spread himself out fully. His right leg pushing out in a strong stance, almost in a stomping motion; his arms thrusting in the directions of his palms. He brought his shoulder out in one decisive impact that sent the demon crashing into the desks situated in front of his.

"Tetsuzanko!" He shouted with a mighty roar, summoning the strength from his stomach as he chanted.

Following this, Nikklaüs' eyes darted around frantically for more assailants, even the most basic of information. He found that for the most part, his classmates had already dispatch whatever demons dare cross them. Fireworks, shields of light, giant fuck-you scissors! Him? He'd just hit one of the highlights of his life on an athletic level, and neither of these fuckers were dead.

Why not!?

The stunned demon that had taken the chair—beginning to recover—decided to try its luck with a different target, turning its focus to Lola and Leander. Bounding off the wall to attack them.

You're not going anywhere YOU FUCKING BASTARD!

Extending his arm out, he felt a new weight in his hand. The sinister shadow of a single-edged sword swiping out and slicing the demonic silhouette in twain. Recoiling from the swing, he had to stop himself from cleaving any of the desks in half.

"What the hell are you?" He asked mostly to himself, the sheath of the sword manifesting at his hip. As he sheathed it, he felt a closure inside himself not dissimilar to the capping of a container. It felt like he was being filled with sand, weight passing over him. It was miniscule, but he felt slower. Brushing it off for the time being, he moved to Lola and Leander. Kneeling down to meet them. "Are you lot okay? My sincerest apologies for letting that get out of hand." He flinched though, when he heard some of the desks shift. Fuck, how could I have forgotten one?

Despite the new weight he felt, his body showed him it was all in his mind as he glided up the room to intercept the demon as it too switched targets. Stopping just in front of where the twins sat, Nikklaüs raised his blade—still in sheath—and took the demon on the flat of his sword. The weight he felt got stronger, the edges of his vision pulsing lightly with a deep violet vignette effect. When he unsheathed in order to vanquish the demon, he felt the uncapping of the container and the spilling of that weight he felt. This swing was faster than the last, faster than he felt was arguably possible; one you could've missed if you blinked.

The demons had been exorcised. Sheathing his blade, it dissipated in what looked like a crackle of violet electricity. That shit looked cool, I ought to figure out how to summon it again so I can study its structure, but more importantly.

"Are you two okay!?" Nikklaüs snapped to them, pointing to them with his left hand and fingerspelling 'OK' with his right. "I am so sorry!" He brought his right hand in a fist—thumb out—up to rub his chest in two clockwise circles.

He didn't notice how quickly his anger had dissipated—

—or where it went.

Juju Juju Silent Child Silent Child _Yua Watanabe_ _Yua Watanabe_

Last edited:
COBALT ULAR
Cobalt furrowed his brows, taking in Mr. Jaquie’s words. It was obvious that many here had the potential to be arcanists but he was surprised to hear that some of the people present also possessed a sort of danger to everyone. ’Though I suppose that’s fair.’, he thought to himself. ’There has to be many with deeper connections to the arcanist world, including bad and non-consenting ones.’ Satisfied with his own logic, he focused on the professor again, taking note that the arcanist ‘enforcers’ are apparently disliked by Jaquie.

That aside, there was apparently a test. A test that most likely included everything Cobalt hasn’t learned yet, considering his lack of experience in the field. Unless…

His hunch was proven to be correct when Jaquie pulled out a box, announcing the students’ ‘mission’ of neutralizing the small demons inside. Cobalt nodded, calmly taking in the information. Even though it was dangerous, it was obvious that no one was in real danger of suffering wounds or worse, so there was no need to panic.

Some of the students, like Jessie and Marianne, seemed to already have experience with demons, as they were already prepared to fend them off. … Okay, ‘fending them off’ was far from being accurate as the pallid boy easily took care of his opponents, thanks to what seemed to be a technique applied via a tape recorder? He’d need more details on that later. Marianne also kept her composure, Cobalt noticing that Annamari seemed to be the one taking care of the fighting, showing expertise in using… giant scissors? Interesting -and whoa, did Nikklaüs just summon a sword?

Some others, like Mariana, Lola and Sophia, were much more surprised and meek at the idea of fighting against demons. Cobalt couldn’t really do anything about them as he had his own fight to worry about, however brief it would be.

Even though it was a test, he couldn’t help but glance toward those sitting in the front, as they were the closest to the small demons’ origin point. Fortunately, Valerie was also able to dispatch the demons lunging at her rather easily with her own ability.

A mighty interesting show was being unfolded in the classroom and a part of Cobalt was saddened that he couldn't further watch what his new classmates were doing. He sensed a foul presence in front of him as a pair of small demons decided that he had been left unattended for too long, and lunged at him.

But despite his lack of proper experience, Cobalt kept his cool, knowing exactly what to do. If his power worked the way he thought it did, there would be no need to worry against weak opponents like that.

Raising a hand forward, the marine-haired boy focused for a brief second as an aura of wine-colored energy manifested on his palm like a fire being born of a spark. With a flick of the wrist, Cobalt sent this fire as a projectile, barely missing the first demon but making a direct hit on the second one’s disgusting head. A screech would be heard coming from the small abomination’s mouth as its small body spontaneously caught fire, being enveloped in these ethereal flames. The fire disappeared on its own after a couple of seconds, having left no trace of the poor creature.

Cobalt didn’t have the time to conjure and throw a second mote of flames to the other demon, which was still rushing him and about to make contact with its sharp teeth. But Cobalt wasn’t worried as he had already planned for this outcome. “Oh no you don’t.”, he mumbled to himself.

Much like what happened to his palm, supernatural flames were conjured again. This time, however, it appeared as though Cobalt’s entire body was the target, a fiery aura of spiritual fire appearing all around him. Despite literally being on fire, he wasn’t in pain, and those nearby wouldn’t even feel the heat that would normally come off of fire -in fact, despite being in immediate contact with wooden furniture, any of this wine-colored fire that would touch them would only linger for a few moments before harmlessly dissipating, showing no damage to the wood.

The same couldn’t be said of the demon, which attempted to stop its course after noticing its target set himself on fire -the same fire that destroyed its ‘ally’ a few seconds prior. But even through its effort to stop and change course to go attack someone else, Cobalt himself lunged forward and backhanded the small creature in the face, which was quickly consumed by the soul flames. He stayed still for a second or two, making sure he was safe, before dismissing his ability, the flames harmlessly disappearing from his body without having left a trace or burn mark anywhere.

With that done, Cobalt glanced around him to see what the other students were doing. He realized that since this was an aptitude test, it would be counter-intuitive to try and help his classmates, so he stayed put, keeping his guard up in case a stray demon didn’t get the memo that fire hurt.

Rook 2.jpgRook
Juju Juju Solirus Solirus Autumn Leaf Autumn Leaf

Rook had sunk into their chair to listen to the other introductions. Jessie and Marianne appeared to be writing something down during the introductions. It was too late to copy it, and Rook couldn't see far enough over their shoulders to read their notes. Like high school all over again.
Fortunately the introductions went quickly and they got on with their lesson. When they were done, Prof Jacquis introduced the concept of arcanists and anima. It felt like they were having a stroke, nonsensical words said with such determination and vitriol the meaning could be determined by context alone.
And then something about demons—

The box burst open spilling something.
Rook ducked, face hugging the desk, just in time to narrowly avoid something small and full of fury soaring overhead towards the back of the classroom. As they rose again another ball of fangs and claws slammed into their chest. They shoved the ball off. It impacted the wall and bounced back with the same ferocity. Rook hit it down into the ground. Foot met flesh as Rook stomped on whatever the mass was.
A flash of movement and the mannequin was standing and striking a monster. Rook let out a yelp in shock and quickly covered their mouth. Maybe it was a person after all? There was a YouTube trend Rook still remembered vividly of people acting like mannequins. Maybe that's who this person was? If so, they didn't introduce themselves. Wait —

Did Jacquis say that orb was a demon? Rook's cognitive dissonance was strong. As an atheist, they had to accept that at the very least something called demons exist. Like Thorny Devils weren't really the devil. It lined up with the magic door. It wasn't Hogwarts but it was as real as anything else. They looked back to see everyone else using some form of magic. Rook bit back their fight or flight response. They werent supposed to be here. It was at least a little fun to see how far they could go before the school realised it's error but now they had seen too much. There was little chance the school would let Rook walk free after this.

So it Goes

Isaac rose from his chair in a tide of anxiety, his expression seemed emotionless, practiced, but his shaking body told other wise. His first instinct was to point his index finger at an approaching demon, the thing rapidly closing the distance as it dragged it's body across the floor. For a second nothing happened leading Isaac to retreat to the back of the room, trying to jerk his hand forwards, wanting something to happen. Eventually an awful sound was heard from Isaac's hand, akin to metal scraping against each other and then a crack appeared on the floor. The attack had missed and the demon did not cease eventually grabbing onto his foot. Isaac slammed his foot onto the wall, hurting the demon and forcing it's weak arms to let go. With a bit more patience, Isaac pointed his finger again at the bruised demon and another scraping sound was heard, the demon's lower half was pulverized. The demon tried to grasp towards Isaac but it's life finally faded. Isaac turned around hastily scanning the room, most demons had already been dealt with by the other students, but a handful still remained. Isaac pointed his finger at the demons, but then lowered it, the thought of accidentally missing and hitting his teammates, earning their anger, hatred, and judgement clouded his thoughts and so he chose to do nothing but watch.

Jaquie quietly observed the performance of each student until eventually of the couple dozen demons that had been released, only a handful were left, "Alright, I've seen enough." Five minutes hadn't passed yet, but Jaquie was already prepared to move on. The umbrella lying on the wall came flying towards Jaquie's hand, catching it gracefully, Jaquie swung the umbrella upwards. Students felt an abrupt surge of anima in the room as the only remaining demons were launched from the floor into the ceiling, their bodies vaporized on impact allowing not a drop of their blood to fall.

Jaquie twirled the umbrella before laying it on his shoulder. "Great job everyone, these results will be paramount for your development." Jaquie once more reached into his desk, opening a drawer and pulling out a small bronze bell. Jaquie rung the bell, at first it made no sound only an awkward silence, then a sound could be heard, slowly increasing in volume and pitch until it suddenly ended. "We'll end today's class early as I compile the results, if you have any questions now is the time to do so, if you don't, feel free to acquaint yourself with the campus, the staff, and your living quarters. Oh and for those who got hurt, please head to the nurse's office, just take a left and eventually you'll find it." Jaquie sat down on his chair placing the bell back into the drawer, his attention piqued when the intentions of someone became more clear to him, "Also don't start any fights with other students." Jaquie calmly said, but his eyes momentarily stared directly at Jessie almost piercing his very soul. "And try not to instigate anything either, anyways, have a good day everyone." Jaquie said with a smile on his face before leaning back on his chair seemingly losing focus and staring at the ceiling.

Isaac was the first to leave the classroom, shaken by the events that had unfolded, but when he left he could see the numbers on the door followed a common pattern, in fact the campus felt less eerie in general with a sign at the corner of the hallway giving directions, "Um... Excuse me...- Jaquie but did something happen to like the umm signs?" Isaac asked, his head poking into the room.

"Oh yeah, the bell was to dispel the curse of entering the campus, so you should now have an easier time navigating the place" Jaquie calmly explained, his gaze still focused on the ceiling.

"Ah umm thank you..." Isaac nervously said as he finally left the classroom, wandering down the hallway to the right, he didn't appear to know where he was going and so he stared at the sign with the directions.

The Sign:

• Main Entrance <
  • Living Quarter's <
  • Bathroom <
  • Principal's office (101) <
  • Security (104) <
  • Nurse's Office (188) >
  • First Year's Classroom (176) >
  • Second Year's Classroom (195) >
  • Indoor Gym >
  • Olympic Swimming Pool >
  • Sparring Room >

mentions: Solirus Solirus November Witch November Witch Verite Verite _Yua Watanabe_ _Yua Watanabe_ Silent Child Silent Child Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Tiguidi Tiguidi Juju Juju

It was an onslaught. Blood painted the classroom in a flourishing carnage. Brutal as it may have appeared, fortunately, the gore shortly dissipated into a faint dark essence. Allowing those with more… filtered tendencies to fully enjoy themselves. Some even gave fully into despair, wailing pitiful blackened tears in the middle of it all. Quite a group activity, so soon after introductions. Though what else could one expect of this school, designed to indoctrinate this batch of future cold-blooded devil hunters. Or as a way to safely subdue those who could not.
Anima arts of all sorts exploded within the classroom as soon as the box had been thrown open, flashes of light, conjured weaponry, and unnatural physical prowess.

Though his power was not nearly as flamboyant, or effective against tides, Wallflower made use of his skill via careful selection. Like a fisherman hoisting a harpoon on a steady skiff. The demons he squashed were always outlying targets. Each kill methodical, made easy by his mysterious anima art. One gave fuel to the thing swirling in his heart. And smile. Polite as ever.

He steered out of the way, as one of the other students immolated their body in white flames, and another yelled foreign words, while haphazardly swung around a hefty sword.

With how Wallflower glided from demon to demon, his feet and body moved as though following the tempo of a dance. Or a silent song. The pale eyes honed in on another lesser demon.

But the pallid-man stopped. The tiny hairs on his arms flushed. Just then, there was something. A feeling far stronger. If only just a brief second.
Like the residual fragrance of flowers on a rainy morning.

He immediately turned towards the ominous source. It was not a demon. But rather, one of the students who excluded this trace. One designated as a "P". He made a mental note to alter the label later. Wallflower watched as Miss Mirror barbarically smashed one of the demons with a chair, before taking a seat. Quite the drastic change of personality. Only a few moments prior she could barely speak her name. But that was not the only convincing detail. After all, just out of the corner of his eye, the sweet and friendly presenting Miss Hughes had used her bare hands to rip the head of a demonling clean off. Clearly, everyone here withheld a secret.

There was something more in this one. An oddity in her eye. A glint that wasn’t there before.
Something about his look changed too. For once, Wallflower was no longer smiling.

His hand reached his coat pocket, drawing out a slender metal object. A sharp pen. The fingers gripped the utensil, almost shaking. Was it out of fear? Or...
As Wallflower stepped toward that corner Miss Mirror situated herself in, bubbles began to gurgle up his throat. Suddenly, the classroom full of demons and hunters looked like it had just flooded. Just fragments of shapes and colors in a murky, undistinguished wave. Then a loud sound erupted, popping in his ears, a crashing tone wobbling in the strange abyss.

Then, the vision was gone. Wallflower winced, blinking as he lifted his hands from his ears. They were red and swollen now. Similar to dough that has been squeezed and stretched. Any remaining demons had been vanquished. At least, so the Mr. Lawpel claimed, when the professor ended the supposed test with that powerful disintegrating gravity repulsion. The pale eyes had not turned at any moment during the recess. The usually elusive pupils glared at this individual. Nor did his smile return. His fingers only tightened around the pen. Anything that was being said was falling on deaf ears.

All of a sudden, a force struck his chest. The pallid man was practically ripped away from his target. His eyes pried with what felt like knives.
Mr. Lawpel seemed to have noticed the cold, murderous gleam in his expression. Within their eyes laid a threat singled only to him.

Jessie merely let out a cordial grin. Polite. But no more real than ones scratched on a mall mannequin.
He simply walked back to his seat and sat there, hands crossed. The tape-recorder was the last object he moved, recalled to the main pocket in the attaché.

When the students were formally dismissed, the man stood up from his seat and spoke aloud in address. The puffiness of his ears had diminished by now, but the red tint still very visible due to his complexion.

"Wonderful work everyone! I've got to say, I'm impressed. Ahem. I'm sure you are all tired, but would you kindly consider an humble offer of consolidation?" he straightens his lapels, " I can prepare some pastries and tea. One of my professions is that of a culinary sous chef at a fine establishment. Take it as my gesture of good will. And an opportunity to get to know one another better. We'll be together for the foreseeable future, after all."

His eyes scanned around, until they landed on Mariana Mirror. They remained there for a few seconds longer than usual.
"I think we... all will have a number of interesting stories to share."
He then let out a small chuckle, glancing at the other students. His polite smile seemed more genuine at this point.
"Not to mention, tea and sweets are the most comforting when nerves are high. Fantastic way to forget about things. And relax."

Last edited:
To say the least, this is probably one of the most stressful things she's had to go through, Granted she hasnt had such an "eventful" thing happen in her life for a while, so this whole thing definitely caught her off gaurd. As minutes passed her wailing turned into struggled heaving and gasps for air to try and calm herself down. Her body was writhing and trembling. Mixed with the twitching.. it almost looked like a seizure was happening. But she wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to keep her body somewhat still.

Lola's breathing stopped for a moment when a light brown haired boy approached her, her face shifted through confusion, nervousness, and panic almost at the same time, but either way it was clear she didnt know how to react. The black, and off-colored tears that were streaming down her face soon turned into normal, clearer ones. Unfortunately that didnt mean her mood had gotten better.

with all the commotion and tension in the room it was hard to focus on the boy.. ' who.. what was his name. Leopard? No. Leander? ' she thought to herself as her gaze struggled to keep its focus on him. Her body's eratic and random movements only aiding her struggle to calm down.. Despite the difficulty to pay attention, his presence was oddly calming and upon hearing his voice she slowly nodded her head. "y-yes. Yes.. " her breathing stablized a little and she slowly staggered to her feet. The girl wiped her face in an attempt to stop her tears but they continued to flow, so she just sighed and gave leander a small and uncomfortable smile, embarrassed. She didnt want people seeing her like this. However once the teacher began speaking she looked up a little.

She was a little peeved with how nonchalant he was acting but she sighed and began making her way to the door, she stopped after jessie began making offers however. She got the creeps from him and with her current mental state she was ready to lose it. But she atood still curious on what the others might say or do.

Mentions: Silent Child Silent Child Autumn Leaf Autumn Leaf Solirus Solirus

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back