• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Waterbound

Sky watched as Glen would give a slow nod, a strange look on his face as he turned and gathered the others with a small shout. Once they were all gathered near the tank, the still to-be-named woman glancing at all of them nervously, she sighed and began. “So… I want to begin with saying that yes, the dolphin is now a woman because they were never a one to begin with.” She would grab the skin out of the tank and hold it up for them to see. Faye would narrow her eyes at this remark, not buying it. “What joke are you trying to play here Sky?” “Joke? I'm not trying to-!” Sky was cut off by a sudden ringtone. Nadia. “Ugh, just give me a second.”

Lifting her phone to her ear, she couldn't get a word in before it was filled with panicked coughing and screaming. Her lover saying that she was fine, but that they tried to drown her and hunting her. Ending the call with a brief ‘I love you’ she hung up and shoved her phone back into her pocket with a grimace. She had to be quick.

But, that was now out of the question as footsteps were heard. Two people, male and female, dressed in what could be seen as expensive LARP equipment stormed over towards them.”Uh, the aquarium’s closed-” Kevin tried to say but was ignored. “These two belong to us.” The man's tone was more than demanding.

Sky groaned, wondering how things could go to shit in a matter of seconds.

“Don't let them drown you!” She cried before moving to pull the other woman out of the tank, she grabbing the skin and quickly following, the merfolk rushing forward but being cut off by Kevin. “Get the hell off my property!” He snarled, was but just roughly pushed aside. Glen then tried to catch the female off guard, pushing her into the tank. It worked… be she took him with her. They both landed with a splash, and since the siren now had the advantage, she restricted his movement with her trail and began to hold him under. Kevin and Faye were startled by this action but Sky wasn't going to let them just stand there gawking. “Help him!” She shouted, moving to try and get the fish off when the male grabbed her from behind, dragging her backwards. Thankfully Kevin was able to come to his senses, grab a nearby diving tank and smack it into the back of the female’s skull. She went limp immediately, the man crawling out from beneath her weight grasping for air.

This only succeeded in pissing her partner off.

The man snarled, throwing Sky into a nearby pool before storming over to where Faye and Kevin were helping him out. He grabbed the air tank himself and swung, it catching Kevin in the temple while he took hold of the biologist. Grabbing her throat he backed her into another one of the empty tanks, forcing her underwater and without air. Sky shouted for someone to get up (as there wasn't anyway for her to help at this point) but it didn’t look as if anyone was going to.

Yet, as the man finished, Faye suspended lifelessly in the bottom of the enclosure, Glen had gotten to his feet and took the diving tank once more, hitting the merfolk’s face hard. He went down without a sound, crumpling to the floor before leaning over wide eyed at his coworker and friend. Kevin slowly rose to his feet now, sending a look between him and then to Sky, clearly lingering on her longer. Eyes fixed on her tail. “If you could get me a towel I’d appreciate it.”

After she had dried off, they all moved to where Faye’s corpse was floating, (except Kevin who had began to tie up the sirens and put them in a much deeper tank) the dolphin who they learned to be named Dawn had crept out of where she had hid during the fight, now wrapped in a towel as well. “He killed her…” Glen was broken, clearly on the verge of a metal break as Sky frowned, peering closer. As she did, the woman’s eyes slowly opened, soon realizing she was still in the tank and about to get out when the she held her down. “What are you doing?!” Glen shouted, but Sky cut him off with a glare. “I don't know what will happen if this is interrupted.” He didn't need to ask for answer as a look of pain washed over Faye’s features, her legs beginning to meld together with a long green tail soon taking their place. After it was complete, Sky let up, the new merwoman forcing herself to sit up, shouting something they all were wondering as soon as she could.

“What the FUCK is going on?!”

Sky took her time explaining what was going on to the three of them. Yet after she finished, she couldn't help but add “I'm not sure why is remaining an isolated incident but.. it seems as if they’re doing it consistently.” Kevin nodded slowly. “If they are still trying to spread all of this, it good that we’re isolated or it could spread to the mainland… Glen can you work on getting a report ready? We need to keep people out of the water.” He nodded and was about to rush off, but Faye (having calmed down a bit now) gestured at the TV that was turned on. “I.. think we’re a little late…” The current news report was on strange fish-like sightings out at sea, and for people to be on high alert when in ocean as many people have been hospitalized. “Great…” Sky grumbled, tugging the towel draped over her shoulders a bit tighter. Things were already spiraling out of control… wonderful.

DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

“You too, stay safe,” Nadia barely managed to say before Sky hung up. Her anxiety calmed just a teensy bit afterwards, knowing Sky had forewarning of what was coming. However, her anxiety only quickly caught up to where it was before moments later as various thoughts flooded her mind. The thought that nearly sent her into a full-blown panic attack was “what if I’m too late? I was gone for hours…. They could already be there.” However, all she could do was hope to god that Sky would be okay. She’d head straight over there just to make sure, if she didn’t know that the place would be closed this early, and likely for longer due to the new arrival. She’d just seen it on the news an hour or so ago, so there was likely quite the crowd gathered as well. With all of this in mind, she knew it was not wise to head there just yet. After pacing back and forth for a few minutes, she decided she needed to do something about her anxiety before it took hold of her. One thing that had always helped before was a hot bath…

Barely glancing towards the bathtub triggered vivid, haunting images of the scene from not to long ago: desperately struggling as she was drowned in that very place. She pushed the thoughts aside, however. She had a feeling that with Sky’s condition, a fear of water wouldn’t do, if only because Nadia wanted very much to spend quite a bit of time together with her girlfriend in her new form. Also, she loved to swim, and the bad people who’d done such an awful thing to her assumed her dead. On top of all of this, she didn’t seem to turn into a fish herself upon being drowned, like Sky had by account of the woman herself. In the end, this train of thought just barely convinced her to drain the tub and refill it with fresh, hot, warm water, complete with plenty of soap. She even lit her favorite scented candle by the tub to further relax her, She sat down at first, afraid that she was suddenly going to start sprouting a tail. Would that really be so bad, though? Either way, it was still a rather frightening thought, naturally.After a few moments though, that fear slowly began to fade away under the soothing warmth of the water. Finally, after a few minutes of sitting up rigidly, she allowed herself to sink deeply into the water, up to her neck, closing her eyes.

The very moment she became completely relaxed, sharp pain assaulted her legs. Her eyes shot wide open again as she cried out with the pain, trying to hoist herself out of the tub again. However, she found it impossible to stand up. In fact, it didn’t feel like had feet or even two legs anymore after the pain began to subside. It felt more like she had one long lower appendage…

Then, she saw it. Sticking out of the water on the other side of the tub was the deep green narrow tip of a scaly appendage that very much resembled a snake’s tail. She screamed, but out of pure shock, and not any fear. After a few moments, she felt more curious and interested about it than anything, though still shaken up. ‘Well… so much for not following in Sky’s footsteps… or tail swishes, as it were,’ she thought to herself, actually laughing a bit. She wiggled her tail a little, getting a feel for it. “Honestly…. This isn’t so bad,” she unknowingly muttered aloud. She couldn’t wait to try it out in the open ocean... and in other ways, involving Sky. Pushing these impure thoughts out of her mind, she then decided to call Sky again, just to check up on her. She’d waited a while and still hadn’t heard from her, and thus she feared the worst.

Thankfully, she picked up. ‘Oh thank god,” she said, letting out a sigh of relief, still in the bathtub holding her phone carefully over the water. “I uh… I sorta have a tail now too... but nevermind that, are you okay? Did they find you?” Nadia had always been one to put Sky’s well being before anything ever since they’d become best friends, months before they started dating, and this was no exception.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
Once again… her phone rang. Answering it again, this time Nadia actually confirming what she didn’t want to here, Sky just sighed responded briefly and disconnected the call. So… things were spreading… this was fantastic.

The two sirens were still out of it when the four of them had to decide what to do. Faye, having gotten over the shock (although she was still more than grumpy, which Glen was trying to fix) was curious now. “Sky… would you mind... “ She gestured towards one of the empty tanks. “Why not study them?” She didn’t like the idea of being looked over as such. “I need someone who is conscious and will cooperate, I’m not going to cut it off.” With a reluctant sigh, Sky would once again climb into the tank, it being much more shallow so she didn’t have to be fully submerged to lay along the bottom.

After around ten minutes, the woman had gathered what she wanted. Notes having been taken and stored as she was allowed to once again leave the enclosure. Kevin would return from his office, as he had been trying to contact the local hospitals for information on how many cases they have. “We’re looking at about… 17 including you two and Nadia.” He sighed. “They’re surprisingly calm about all of this, guess it's a doctor thing. Anyways, I propose we open up as a place for them to take those afflicted, as we have more of a means to keep them housed.” Glen was a bit confused by all of this. “But couldn’t they just keep them dry?” “Some haven’t been able to turn back.” The aquarium owner grimaced.

So it was decided on. The two sirens were stored in a back room (with a few towels thrown over the glass so their protests and demands couldn’t be heard) and they had organized all open tanks and pools in neat rows with the smallest of around half a foot deep and five in length in the front of the warehouse-esc facility and the largest in the back. It was also considered, if more space was necessary, to use the outdoor pools as well but at the moment there wasn’t a need.

Then the people began filtering in. Those without anyone to transport them were brought by the hospital, set in the tanks and circular pools. There were kids, teens, couples, and many others with around half of them unable to regain their legs. The hospital set up a checkpoint at the door as more began to trickle it.

Nadia at some point during this had decided to join Sky, to assist with the procedures and getting people to where they had to go. Cots were set up in rows alongside the tanks if friends and family had wanted to say. Overall it was either a depressing sight of people trying to keep their loved ones calm, or a hopeful one with an elderly woman perched beside her caretaker of many years that had gotten afflicted, the young man not having anyone else to come and sit with him.

Bittersweet maybe was a more proper word.

A few hours later when things had settled down, there was a total of 32 people counted as having been turned into any type of sea creature, that being 35 if counting Sky, Nadia, and Faye.
The biologist was busy documenting as much as possible, while Glen was making sure everyone was comfortable with towels, blankets, pillows, and even pool rafts. Kevin was arguing with the hospital director about informing the mainland, which would be sure to get the government involved, while Sky was falling asleep in a chair beside Nadia both having been helping at the checkpoint.

“E-excuse me, miss?” The voice woke Sky (and possibly her lover as well.) Raising her head and blinking a few times in the fading sunlight, she realised it belonged to a teen girl, possibly no older than 15 walking up to the table with her friend in tow. “Did one of you two get turned?” She shook her head, pushing her dark here out of the way. She had to be underweight for her age. “Not really, um…” She was clearly nervous. “My name’s Adria and this is Riva. We were already sirens before this began.”

Sky stood up so fast she nearly flipped the table and the Nadia out of her chair.

“You mean you were already one before?” “See I told you this was a bad idea… your mom always told us not to say anything...” Her friend grumbled before she could answer. “Well…” she ignored her friend. “We’ve always been, my mother is one too.. She didn’t want us to come but I think we can help.” Sky would nod, moving out from behind the table set up. “Are both your parents sirens or just your mother? And if it’s just her, how are you both if you’re not related?” She would ask making sure to tell Faye later, weaving in between the few people that were eating or heading to do so, a local restaurant had been nice enough to come and cater, so food was readily available. “My dad doesn’t know cause my mom doesn’t know how’d he react.” Riva would cut in. “I’m one because it was a recessive trait in my family. My parents are human and don’t know either.” Nodding slowly she would spot Faye speaking to a nurse from the hospital as apparently one of the infected humans had broke part of their fin when they had originally turned.

“I’m still unsure how the rearrangement of bone structure will affect it so make sure they stay put and use this on the end.” She handed them a cast they normally used for injured animals. “They’ll have a bit of trouble swimming in the meantime but they’ll thank you for it later.” After the nurse had left, she took notice Sky nearby and approached. “Are they looking for family?” “No…” The teal-haired woman would explain what they told her, the marine biologist immediately taking a seat at her laptop and recording what she had said. “If they want to help, they can start with trying to distribute more towels and supplies to everyone.”

Sky would then gesture for them to follow, moving into the storage room adjacent from the room where the aquarium’s staff’s assailants were being held. While searching for the towels and staff shirts to give the girls so people knew they were helping, a cry was heard from the other room.

Rushing in, half assuming the sirens to be attacking the girls, Sky saw something… quite the opposite. Adria pressed up against the glass with the female trying to do the same, which was difficult with her hands tied. Mortified, the girl turned to look at her. “Why is my Mom back here?!”

Shit.

“You can’t be serious.” Sky muttered, setting the items she had gathered down on a nearby table before walking over, glancing between the two. “Why would I be joking?” The girl looked as if she was growing more distraught by the second. “Your mom almost killed my girlfriend, infecting her, and attacked my friends here.” Adria fell silent, Riva looking to the female siren asking “Did you really do that?” She hesitated for a moment before nodding, not looking towards the girls.

Sky, at the moment, couldn’t help but feel a bit of sick triumph.

Knowing the woman wanted to speak, she would open the top of the tank and cut her binds, she swimming to the surface before talking slowly. “I did… we just didn’t want it spreading and-” Sky cut her off. “Bullshit. Then you would’ve been more careful and not have tried to kill Glen.” Adria appeared horrified. “How could you do something like that?” Now she fell silent for a much longer period of time, soon sinking back into the tank without another word, not having a reasonable explanation.

They soon returned to the main area, the two girls getting to work as Sky went to go actually eat something for the first time all day. Grabbing whatever they had, which was a decently sized plate of food. Returning to sit beside her girlfriend once more, she began to eat, reaching for her third bottle of water in a span of thirty minutes. “I swear if dehydration is a problem…” She muttered while taking a large sip, offering some of whatever was on her plate to the woman next to her. Hopefully no one else would be coming tonight, even though it was likely they’d remain here.

The lovers’ phone conversation went about as Nadia expected. A sigh and a brief confirmation from Sky that she was fine, before she hung up. Nadia sighed as well in response, carefully setting her phone upon the counter and being sure not to let it touch the water. She knew that Sky would likely call her again when she wasn’t busy and likely after teh place opened for the day…. If it did, in the wake of all this. Still worried, though not as much as before, Nadia decided to get ready to go if Sky wanted to see her. This ended up being quite the process, as she had to first figure out how on earth to get herself out of the tub with a tail instead of legs. This toook what felt like hours, but was really only about 45 minutes. Still, a ridiculously long time to simply hoist herself out of the tub. She had to lift a new,heavier part of her body now in place of her legs out of it with upper body strength alone. She;d have to figure out a different way to get herself clean, because this was not going to cut it for getting ready in the mornings when she went back to work. A walk-in shower she could just push open the door of would be ideal, however this tiny apartment only had one run-of-the-mill bathtub. Maybe it was time to move, though it’d be a hard to find a place in thier price range around here, and Nadia’d never move away from this island.

Bringing herself out of her stress-ridden thoughts with drying herself (slowly and clumsily, on account of that damnable new tail of hers). Once that tail finally separated back into her legs(albeit with some rather excruciating pain), her skin turning to normal again, she shakily stood, sighing in relief once she was standing steadily again.Dressing herself and heading into the apartment’s rather small kitchen to pour herself some much-needed coffee, she couldn’t help but be taken aback by the news she heard from the television, which had been playing all morning, lifting her head towards the tv as her eyes widened in shock. A breaking local news story revolving around an outbreak of strange transformations similar to hers and Sky’s all caused by drowning. “Oh my god..’ she uttered aloud, unbeknownst to her in her moment of shock.

Once she was one with her coffee, she got dressed in her normal attire and waited, anxiously, for Sky to call. She had half a mind to call her parents and ask them what was going on, but she decided against it, remembering she still wasn’t on very good terms with them. Being a religious family, they didn’t approve of her and Sky’s relationship. Well, her mother didn’t, at least. Her father was more concerned that the girls were living soclose to the ocean. He never said why, but he always told Nadia it was the most dangerous place to live, that there were things under that water that no one wishes to encounter. She never believed him… until a few recent events happened, however.

Lost in thought and attempting desperately to keep her mind off of doomsday scenarios involving what could’ve happened to Sky by now, her savior then came in the form of the familiar ringtone she set only to ring when sky called. She’d never picked up a phone and pressed that green accept call button faster in all her days prior. Nadia listened mindfully and intently to her lover’s explanation of the situation. When she was asked to help out with taking in the refugees, she said she’ll be there just as quickly as she picked up the phone and rushed over there. Once she’d arrived and found sky, she rushed up to the woman and gave her a big, long, loving hug. Once she was pointed to where she could be of use, she threw herself into it. Sky likely knew of no better candidate for volunteer work such as this. Nadia helped out the unfortunate souls who couldn’t change back as best as she could, busying herself with whatever they needed in between being asked to help with new arrivals or anything else needed to keep this all running smoothly. As fulfilling as the work was to Nadia, it sure as heck was tiring. She found herself sitting beside Sky, an arm around her, the women trying to rest and regain energy. They both ended up conking out, using each other for support.

They were suddenly awakened by a little girl, tryin to get Sky’s attention. She’d probably approached her due to the teal-haired woman’s official aquarium staff uniform, for one reason or another. Sitting up straight and rubbing her eyes as she awoke, Nadia listened to the young girl’s conversation with Sky. Her eyes widened as far as they could go as the girl confessed to what she was. “Oh my god…” Nadia said, her eyes full of wonder, and sympathy for the girl. She wanted to ask her many things, however the little girls had wandered away once Sky went to relay what she had been told to Faye. “Thank you for telling her, it might save lives,” Naidia said, calling after the girl as she disappeared among the crowd of people. The aquarium had never been this busy, except maybe for that big reveal event they had once for a pair of otters that were still quite a popular attraction here. Nadia had a flashback of the two of them celebrating its success back at thier apartment that night, a smile and a blush adorning her face at the thought of it.

Her mind was then brought back to reality by the sight of a man in front of her that seemed awfully familiar for some reason. She couldn’t see his face, as the had on his head was shading it quite well at the angle she was seeing him from,, and the trenchcoat he was wearing didn’t ring a bell at all, but something about his overall posture, his body language, reminded her of… so someone. She couldn’t quite put a finger on who. The man faded into the crowd before long, and she decided not to pursue the matter further. If it was someone she knew that still talked to her, a number of people that diminished greatly after she let it be known that she was dating another girl having been from a devoutly catholic background, they’d have approached her. Still, she felt an uneasiness towards that mysterious man, an instinctual urge to be wary of him, for whatever reason. She made a mental note to keep watch for him before returning to simply waiting for Sky to be done with her business, wanting to be by her side as much as possible after nearly losing her mere days ago.

Finally, Nadia saw sky approach as she was tending to a poor elderly man with an inability to transform back and a broken fin. It’d likely be clear to Sky that Nadia was very grateful for this opportunity. However, she was also very grateful indeed when she finally sat down and was offered food, realizing instantly that she was starving, devouring a few bites. She took a sip of her own bottle of water, which, since she’d been rushing around all afternoon was about her fifth in half in hour. “Sorry Sky, I think it’s going to be, ‘cause I don’t think I’ve been this thirst before either. I can rush to the store and buy us a shit ton of the stuff… I think we’ll need it. For now though, let’s just take a load off. It’been a stresful, really wierd kind of day…”

All of a sudden, Nadia saw that mysterious man from earlier passing her by again. She noticed that he was coming from the direction of the back, and her eyes narrowed. He seemed to stop, for only a moment, to look at her, though again, she couldn’t see his face. She had a feeling he was up to no good, so she bravely decided to do something about it. She leaned over towards Sky. “Sky, I think you should check the back, make sure nothing’s wrong…. I have a bad feeling about that guy in the trenchcoat… I’ll keep an eye on him. Keep in touch.” When Nadia had bad feelings, they usually were premonitions of something pretty bad, as Sky would know.

When Sky checked the back, she would see the tank the Male Siren was in empty, clear signs of a struggle immdiately around it, and a nearby emergency exit door broken into. Nadia began to follow the man, who went through the front door, and around back. She followed him as quietly as she could. However, her efforts were futile apperently, as the man, back still turned, turned his head towards her and spoke. “Sorry about all this, Nadia, but I can’t explain. Please… keep your nose out of this. It’s for your own good.” The voice was hauntingly familliar.

“Dad?!”

He answered not with words, but by shooting a clearly modified silenced pistol of sorts at her. It didn’t hurt much… she looked down and saw that there was a dart in her leg, and began to feel faint. Seconds later, she hit the pavement, unconscious, there in an alley beside the aquarium.

The man continued to head to his destination, which was a Van that Sky would just barely be able to see through the small window in the emergency exit door. It was white, with blackout windows, and its back was just large enough to store an incapacitated fish-man or two…

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Once Nadia had asked her to check the back, Sky stood and nodded before moving as quickly as possible to the room where the floor was soaking wet. Frowning she looked into the room where the tank was, the light was on with Adria’s mother on the floor, seeming unscathed but shaken up. “Someone took him…” She told her. “He went out the back.”

Moving to the back entrance, which was wide open, she rushed out the door only to see a white van speeding away and an unconscious Nadia lying in the alley. “Holy shit, Nadia!” She cried, moving and crouching beside her and checking for wounds. Seeing the dart, she would tug it out before beginning to try and pull her back into the building.

Once Nadia was settled (which, based on how many water bottles she was drinking, Glen had helped her get her into an empty tank) and the girl’s mother was placed in another so her daughter could speak with her, she wasn’t able to do much else with the troublesome task at had seeing as her girlfriend was unconscious still, so she decided to crawl into the tank beside her. Cuddling up beside Nadia underwater, which was quite a bit more endearing than one would think. She would eventually fall asleep beside her, someone throwing a towel over the top to block out the light.

About a month later, everything had relatively returned to normal. Even though more people were being turned, the small island state had adjusted rather reasonably. The local pool center had been repurposed for those who didn’t wanted to swim in the ocean, with beach space being readily used for those that did. Housing had been modified for those that couldn’t transform back, most either now living in a semi-submerged house or in a village off the shore that was under construction.

For Nadia and Sky, moving hadn’t even been a question. They bought a small house with a hatch in the living room that opened up to a pool as well as a deck that was declining into the sea for easy access. It was a much better arrangement than their previous apartment, as having a roomier shower was a plus. And adjusting for them wasn’t a big deal either, surprisingly enough.

The couple had been lounging in the pool in the floor of their living room when the doorbell rang. A bit confused she would ask “Were you expecting anyone?” Before lifting herself, drying off, wrapping the towel used around her waist and walking to the front door. Pulling it open, her eyes widened. “Trent, w-what are you doing here?” Her taller brother flashed her a smile. “Katherine, long time no see.” She glared back. “That isn’t my name.” “It’s what’s on your birth certificate, isn’t it?” Their father had been the one to name her, although she never went by it due to never wanting the awful man in her life. Someone who had manipulated and hurt her mother and wanted to do the same with her if not for the divorce. Her brother hadn’t ever chose a side for sure, but she knew where he stood.

“Why are you here?” She growled. Trent simply just shrugged. “Can I not come see my sister?” He forced her through the doorway, she having to back into the main hall, the living room almost visible. Hopefully Nadia would’ve gotten the message by now, having gotten out of the water and closed the hatch, the wood blending with the main floor. “How’d you afford this place?” He asked out loud, wandering until he finally entered the living room, noticing Nadia. Her lover had heard all about him, but he had never met her nor even knew she was dating anyone. “Who’s this?”

Nadia found herself coming to consciousness after reliving the terrifyingly cold actions and words of her own father mere hours ago. She immediately realized that she was underwater, hearing the cadence of liquid surrounding her. The next thing she perceived as she woke was her lover's arms wrapped around her. She didn't even have to look at Sky to know it was her, as the feeling of being embraced by her was unmistakable. Once she was fully lucid, she turned to Sky and hugged her, beginning to sob. No words were necessary in this moment. After she'd calmed down again, she explained all she knew, including one of the people who kidnapped the already-captive merman having been her own father, and that he was the one that induced the state Sky had found her in.

Months later, despite frequent calls, texts, emails, and even attempts to roll up straight to his house, Nadia couldn't reach her father. her father lived in a gated community, and the gate man refused to let her in, always telling her he wasn't home, but she knew better. Eventually, she gave up, but was reminded of and worried about him every now and then when a story would surface saying a Siren had disappeared. It was well-known that Sirens who came out as being one all along once the outbreak occurred, and Nadia had a gut feeling that it was her old man's doing. But, why? Had he been doing this for very long?

Thankfully, after a while, the change and business of life more often than not distracted her from worries about him, or anything really. Things started to get good again. They moved into a nice new place, which perfectly accommodated their needs as half-sea creatures. Nadia of course took as many opportunities as she could to explore the pair's new appendages intimately, as it were. otherwise, their lives continued as they'd been before. Same lives, same family (more or less just each other), same friends. the only things that were very different were their routines having altered to accommodate their new forms, and now the talk of the island more or less revolved around this weird sea creature development. Local doctors in both medicine and marine biology worked together to study willing subjects to try and understand it all, and Nadia found herself quite interested in what they were finding.

On a double-off-day for the pair much like the one their lives changed on, the pair were lazing about in the floor pool that had more or less become their new bed and then some since they'd moved in here. When you either needed to be in water or drinking large amounts of water regularly to not be dehydrated, such a place becomes a rather familiar area of your abode, after all.

When a suddden knocking came at the door, Nadia looked to Sky and shook her head. "Nope, thought you might've been." She stayed in the pool for a while, thinking the visitor was likely a solicitor of some kind or another, but when she heard shock in Sky's voice at addressing the man who'd entered, she hoisted herself out, quickly dried her tail in what had become routine by now, stood up on her restored human legs and waited patiently for whatever was going to happen next.

When she saw who it was that had pushed past her love uninvited, having not heard much of what had been said between him and Sky, a lump caught in her throat. Sky had told her that she'd never told Trent about her sexuality, much less that she'd been in a serious relationship with another girl for quite a while now. Mentally preparing herself for what she knew he was going to say, Nadia took a deep breath and smiled kindly at Trent as he entered, looked her over, adn just as she'd expected, asked in a rather blunt manner who she was. Sky was likely preparing herself for this encounter to, as she knew Nadia was an honest sort and was going to tell it to him straight... or gay, in this case, you could say.

"I'm Nadia, nice to meet you. Sky's told me all about you. This will probably come as a shock, but..." Nada approached Sky and gently took her hand for emphasis, looking into Trent's eyes fearlessly. If he was going to butt into Sky's life like this, Nadia decided she had to work at assuring him that she was the partner Sky needed, in order to smooth things over as best she could. "I'm Sky's girlfriend. She means the world to me, and I pride myself on taking good care of her." With that heartfelt statement out of the way, she watched and listened for Trent's reaction.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
Trent raised an eyebrow as Nadia explain who she was to him. “So this is just to spite him?” Sky couldn't possibly look even more annoyed than she currently was now. “No, I’m gay. Besides that would you mind telling me why the hell you’re really here?” The man tugged a piece of paper along with what appeared to be a wallet out of his back pocket, handing them both to her. Upon opening them, her annoyance turned more to dread, although she struggled to keep the expression off of her face.

It was his government agency badge, as he worked for their group called SOI, other wise known as Strange Occurrence Investigations. The paper was detailing where he was to go and find out, as there had been odd sightings and such from an aerial view. “Official business.” He said curtly before taking them out of her hands and returning them to their rightful place.

Sky had thought things had been looking up, but now it seemed that she was a bit wrong.

“So I hope you don’t mind that I crash here for the duration of my investigation.” It wasn’t much of a question. “Yeah we have a spare bed.” She muttered before continuing with. “What are you even looking for exactly?” Trent chuckled at this. “Don’t worry about it.”

After she had shown him to his room, which they had because her and Nadia shared a bed, she would begin to hide any trace of the incident around the house. It wasn’t difficult because they didn’t have much around here anyway, but still a precaution. After that the couple would finally go to bed, making sure to lock the bedroom door in case the man got a bit too curious.

The next morning, Sky had already gotten ready for work and was sitting in the kitchen along with Nadia when Trent finally immersed in a crisp shirt and jeans. He was definitely from the capital. “Good morning you too.” He hummed, walking to grab a glass of coffee for himself from the pot that sat on the counter. “You work at an aquarium? And I thought I had it bad.” He said slightly mocking while leaning on the other side of the counter. “I don’t need a huge paycheck.” Sky dismissed him, lifting her mug to her lips and taking a large sip despite how hot its contents were.

They sat there in silence until Sky stood, kissing her lover goodbye (possibly a bit too much, although she was satisfied when Trent did watch) she would then whisper in her ear for her to try and get out of the house before leaving herself.

Because of where their new house was, she only had to walk five minutes to reach her workplace. The aquarium was open to the public again, many people who were mostly tourists bumbling around staring wide-eyed at fish and animals they’d only seen in books and movies. Finally reaching the staff entrance, she would push through but be stopped by someone she hadn’t ever seen before. “Only staff are allowed beyond this point.” He said gruffly. “But I am.” Sky would frown, gesturing to her shirt and offering up an ID badge as well. He would examine if before, reluctantly, allowing her through.

The first thing she was graced with upon making her way to their break room where everyone was gathered was Faye and Kevin arguing.

“Come on. You should've been watching the door!” The biologist complaned while the man scoffed. “I barely had gotten anything from the previous houses where we landed, how was I supposed to watch the door without anything to watch it with?” Sky rolled her eyes at the two. “This is why I don’t play Battlegrounds with you two.” “Sky would listen if I told her too.” Faye grumbled, taking a seat. “Uh… also, what's with the guy outside the door?” “Too many people tried to get back here for… various reasons. Kids mostly.” Kevin replied. “Just another safety measure.”

Once Glen would arrive a few minute after Sky, she’d get their attention to share some rather important news. “My brother has come into town…” Glen didn’t understand the significance. “I know he’s an asshole but what does that have to do with anything?” She sighed in response. “He works for the SOI.” With the three of them now understanding, she they fell silent for a moment, Kevin the only one cursing audibly. “So they caught a whiff of what's going on here, huh.” Faye’s eyes narrowed into a glare at this comment. “We all know we can’t have them finding out about all this or the island would be put under quarantine.” “Right, meaning… what do we do?” Sky finished, unsure how to go about making sure almost half the island's inhabitants would remain quiet about now being or having been part fish.

They spoke for awhile, not really coming up with a conclusive answer when the man stationed outside the door to the staff-access hallway called out “There’s a man here looking for someone named Katherine.” Sky looked about ready to punch someone. “We aren’t seeing anyone right now.” Kevin instructed, although it didn’t really work. “He says he won’t leave unless he sees her.” Now the aquarium owner stood, looking ready to drag him off of the property himself when Sky stood. “I’ll take care of him.” She muttered, moving into the hall and telling the guard to send him back to their boat launch which opened into the warehouse that all the tanks had previously been stored in months ago.

Trent soon showed himself, the man giving her a sly grin. “I didn’t want to have to get a warrant issued.” “What do you want now?” She stated, looking up at him with a glare. “I just wanted to see where my little sister worked. Is that such a difficult request to grant?”

Letting his gaze look around the place, he took a deep breath but was met with a small cough. “I don’t understand how you can stand the stench of all this…” “You get used to it.” “Right…” He would face her briefly once more, slipping on a pair of gloves. “Mind if I take a look around?” Sky gestured to the place around her. “Go for it.”

He spend a good 45 minutes combing through the place as best he could, not finding a trace of anything suspicious (as anything he could've found was animal-like in nature, which was the perk of having housed everyone in an aquarium.) Once he was certain that everything was in its place, he had a slightly annoyed look as he returned to the woman, who had sat on the top of a closed and empty tank, browsing on her phone. “Find anything?” She asked, unable to hide a small smug smile. At this he would lean in a bit too close for her liking, staring at her for a period of time. She held his gaze before he backed off, leaving without another word.

It took her awhile before moving, her face having fallen as she moved to help the others with the exhibits.

Once the work day ended at around 5 PM for her (as she had been told to go home early, and if she didn’t was forced by Kevin) and she returned home to find that it was... Empty. Seeing this as a blessing, the woman would go change into swimsuit before sliding off their deck into the sea. An exhausting swim was what she needed right now.

She was out for possibly a half an hour, having pushed herself similar to how a runner could and being ultimately sore and exhausted as she returned to their deck. But as she was about to surface and drag herself onto it, she immediately stopped and pressed herself up against the rocky shelf.

Someone was on the deck.

Unsure of who it was, she inched forward, trying to stay out of whoever it was’ view. If it were Nadia, she would be free to climb out with relief. If it were Trent, she would have to wait till he wet inside (as going to the nearby beach where she had nothing to dry off with was pointless.) But as she crept forward, to the point of being beneath the deck, she realised… it wasn't either of them.

“Sky.” Her name was called, so whoever it was knew she was there. “You can come out.” The voice was terrifying familiar. Mr. Gilman, Nadia’s father. The one who had taken the male siren when the outbreak began and who his daughter had lost contact with.

Fuck.

Slowly moving to where the deck sloped into the water, she surfaced and grabbed the wooden edge. There he sat on a deck chair, looking at her with a strange gaze most likely due to what she now was. It was as if the universe wanted to shit all over them. “It's such a shame things had to devolve into this.” He sighed, gesturing her in the water. “It isn’t a bad thing.” Sky shot back, gripping the wood a bit tighter. “Your ignorance is.” His eyes grew colder. “Are you unable to see that these creatures are doing this on purpose? To spread and take over our population? You both being alright with this… you’re becoming less and less human. They’re controlling you.”

Now Sky thought the man was insane.

“Its why I’ve hunted them in the past and still continue to do so. So I could save as many of you as possible from such a fate.” He would remove a small glass bottle from his pocket, it containing a soft blue liquid. “Give this to my daughter. Slip it in her drink or next meal.” He would set it on the deck beside him. “And if I don’t?” She asked, the man simply standing. “I think you’ll find the motivation.” With that Mr. Gilman would quickly draw his modified pistol and shoot a slightly different dart at the woman, it still, however, forcing her to lose consciousness, her dragging her onto the deck before she sank, leaving her there soaking wet for someone to find.

Nadia found her warm smile dropping as she heard Trent’s accusatory comment towards Sky. It pissed her off that her own brother thought she’d be the type of person to enter into any relationship for petty reasons such as pissing off her father, if that’s what Trent was getting at. In truth, Nadia wasn’t sure. Her blue eyes stared him down, silently communicating that if he wasn't here for anything more than sticking his nose into the life of a sister he hadn't even contacted in years prior as far as nadia knew and judging what she was doing with herself now, she'd gladly help Sky kick him out of the house without a second thought. However as much as she wanted to give him a peice of her mind, she let let Sky talk him down. It was her brother, after all, and Sky always let Nadia know when she needed help with something. She wasa rather independant woman and that was one of the things Nadia adored about her most, so she let her be as much as Sky preffered her to with no qualms or anxieties about it. This situation was no exception, and nada found herself smiling just slgihtly when she managed to expertly change the conversation to what the hell he was doing here.

His answer concerned Nadia, however, especially since it began the him handing Sky what Nadia knew to be some official government badge or another; you could tell by the embossment on the folding leather case, as well as the emblem on the card itself. her heartrate sped up with dread alongside Sky's, the woman struggling to keep a similar expression to her face to what she was sure Sky was still struggling to right now. His curt, cold statement along with it, "official business," only served to amplify the fear Nadia and likely Sky felt. Nada found herself squeezing her lover's had a little to help calm the anxious thoughts teh both of them were having right now. it had minimal effect, but minimal was a better than none.

As Trent wait straight to asking if he could crash here, which would probably make things quite a bit more difficult for both of the apartment's residents whilst he was staying, nadia barely bit back a snarky "I'm sorry but, we do very much mind," response. She knew it would likely only cause suspicion, but she wasn't very impressed by Trent at the moment. Perhaps he was only acting this way due to unsolved family business. Nada sure hoped so, as that would mean, in theory, as he spent more time around Sky he'd act less, frankly, like your typical government spy type: arrogant, brash, pushy and disrespectful, acting like they own every building they walked into. That was how people like Trent were often portrayed in movies, but it seemed as though there was some truth to it in her eyes, if the way he was acting was any indication.

In the end, Nadia passively allowed Sky to be brushed off when asked what he was specifically here for, of course, and subsuquently show him to the guest beedroom. Once he was inside, Nadia was already searching for borrowed aquarium animal care equipment for treating any injuries on thier tails, any photos and other evidence of Sky and Nadia themselves having tails (some of which needed to be hidden away for... other reasons, considering Nadia tended to be turned on by Sky's aquatic form), and anything else that may seem suspicious to him. "Please tell me he's not always like that..." Nadia said, quietly, once she knew they'd be out of earshot of him. Climbing into bed with Sky, she kissed her goodnight as she aslwasy did, settling in as best she could. Neither girl got much sleep, truth be told, and for good reason. Nadia really didn't want to know what would happen if Trent found out.

Nada was having coffee across from Sky the next morning, already dressed herself in a nice, yet not fleshy beige skirt and blouse. She worked as a secretary and client consultant for a company that made and maintained yachts. it was good-paying work, allowing her adn Sky to easily afford living comfortably beachside combined with Sky's earnings(even with the amenities this new apartment had). This was due to there being a lot of rich people living on this island that readily paid millions for a custom high-end boathouse, or five, and then thousands more each year to keep it ship-shape (pun 100% intended). The only downside was having to be around beautiful, amazing boats all day that she couldn't afford for the life of her.

When Trent trudged in with his fancy-pants attire (literally), Nadia rolled her eyes subtly in Sky's direction. "Mornin'" she replied nonetheless, in an amiable tone. it helped that he didn't start her morning off with some smartass remark. However, she sighed a little as it was the very second thing that came out ofhis mouth; she'd given him the benefit of the doubt too soon it seemed. Once again, she let the things she very much wanted to say to him float through her mind as thoughts and nothing more, sipping her own coffee rather excessively to help occupy her mouth, ensuring that no slips of the tongue occured.

Knowing it was time for Sky to leave (at which point she always left for work and this would be no eception, she was going back to the grind today), she stood with her lover and kissed her back, grinning into it as Sky prolonged this affectionate ritual of thiers, also feeling triumphant when she caught Trent looking out of his peripheral vision. Typical men: scoff at something like a girl-girl relationship, but get turned on when he sees something like this. There were a lot of reasons Sky became gay, and that double-standard most men seemed to wear proudly on thier shoulders was among the most prominent. "alright," Nadia whispered back, actually quite happy with the idea of not even having a chance of having to deal with Trent at all on her own. She was quite wary of him.

Her day went by quite fast as, due to her hiatus she had a lot of catching up to do. Thankfuly though, the office closed around five and she had no clients to see that evening. Not aware that Sky would be home early tonight, she decided to go have some fun. This island was pretty well known for its casinos, and Nadia was a secret gambling addict of sorts. she was responsible about it, always making sure to take out no more than a coupe hundred dollars cash with her and leave her credit card at home to avoid the tempation to keep going after it was gone (and to deter thieves from doing any large amount of damage to her finances).

Later that evening, she grinned as she took her more-than-doubled winnings out of her last slot machine for teh evening, cashing it out before leaving. As she checked her watch, her eyes widened. Sky would normally have texted her to check up on her by now. She felt a little afraid... Trent may have discovered something. However, unbeknownst to her, someone far more dangerous to Sky, herself, and every person with a tail on this island had fund her... someone she used to look up to very much, in fact, before he disowned her once he found out about her and Sky.

Nadia drove home, then briskly walked into thier apartment building, unlocking the door and calling out that she was home. There was no answer. Her heart beating faster, she caleld Sky's name over adn over at a high er pace until she saw her through the sliding glass door to the porch, laying on it, motionless. Screaming her name in alarm, Nadia sprinted up to the door, threw it open, quickly knelt beside Sky, checked for a pulse and took a moment to calm down after she found one to her relief. However, she then found something that caused her eyes to widen again. A dart in the water-drenched woman's body. "Oh no... he found us..." she couldn't help but wonder why he didn't just take Sky when he clearly could've, but of course she was glad he didn't. Deciding not to think about what his purpose for coming here had to be, or any other option for who could've shot her poor lover, she went about carefully removing the dart, getting Sky inside, drying her off and laying her in thier bed, pacing nervously beside it as she waited for Sky to awaken. There would be no sleeping forher tonight unless Sky woke up soon and seemed fine.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky was laid in her bed and remained unconscious for about an hour. Finally waking with a soft groan, still feeling groggy from the drug he had used. Upon seeing Nadia, she would give a forced smile, trying to sit up but gave up as dizziness swamped her. Back to sleep was what she wanted to do more than anything else at the moment…

Finally Trent walked through the front door, shutting it casually and making his way to their bedroom, peering in on the couple. “I can believe the lack of food in this house…” His gaze lingered on his sister for a moment longer before disappearing into the kitchen.

Sky hadn't woken up for dinner nor at any time during the night even if she had been poked and prodded. Thankfully, however, the toxin worked its way out of her body the next morning, she able to force her eyes open and function a bit more. Before she got up for work, maybe a half an hour or so, she would've wrapped her arms around the assumed to be asleep Nadia, cuddling close to her.

After they would finally get ready for work, Trent not to be found, they quickly said goodbye and went off on their way. They couldn't afford to take any more time off, nor did they want too.

Work was… uneventful to say the least. Except when they were feeding the deep sea exhibit.

Sky and Glen were working side-by-side to drop pieces of fish into the tank, the visitors stopping to watch them work and the aquatic animals eat their fill while the employees spoke. “Sky, can I ask you about something?” “Yeah.” She responded without looking in his direction. “What is it?” He hesitated before clearing his throat. “I, um… want to propose to Faye.” She froze, looking at him with a grin. The couple had been dating for almost a year now, the two rather close. “That's great! If you're wondering about if it's the right choice, go for it.” The man gave a nervous smile. “Thank you, and that wasn't quite what I wanted to ask. I… I don’t think I can do it alone though… so, I wanted to asked and see if you and Nadia wanted to come boat with us? It might make it les suspicious that way.” She would laugh and nod. “Of course, when are you thinking of doing this?” “Tonight if possible, I want everything to be perfect.”

After the finished with the feeding, Sky was quick to call Nadia. “Cancel any plans you have tonight.” She said excitedly. “Glen’s proposing to Faye and he wants us to be there!”

Seeing Sky wake, Nadia returned her orced, groggy smile with her own genuine, relieved upward curve of the lips, with teary, wide and joyous jade eyes to compliment it. The lovers' moment was fleeting, however, as Sky was clearly not ready to wake fully just yet. Attempting to sit up exhausted her on its own, and the woman simply fell back onto the bed instead. Nadia sighed. "Hang in there Sky.. if you aren't better tomorrow I'm taking off to take care of yoou, I don't care what my boss says. Dad, if you poisoned her I swear to god..."

A few minutes later, Nadia now having a chair pulled up beside the bed to watch for any more signs of wakefulness, heard the door open. She found herself rather afraid of what his reaction could be when he saw this scene, howevver when he walked in and her fear mounted, he simply stared at the unconcious Sky, muttering something about food, raised no question and seemed to be largely unconcerned. What the hell? That was his fucking sister for crying out loud! It took Nadia everything not to scream something to that effect at him, but reminding herself that Sky wouldn't want her to start anything with him caused her to finally be able to release the pressure she was holding her mouth closed with as he wandered off towards the kitchen.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she decided to gin he et some food herself. If she didn't eat just to make sure she can stay by the seemingly fine, if unconcious Sky for a few more minutes, she knew there'd be a lecture coming when she got better.... if she did, that was. Sighing, she stood up, reluctantly left the room, ignored Trent entirely (which he probably made easy judging by his behavior thus far) and made two servings of Sky's favorite meal in case she got up. She took the late and put it on Sky's bedside table whilse she carefully ate her own portion on her side, setting it down on her own bedside table and deciding to leave the dishes for morning. She didn't want to leave her side again tonight if she could help it.

Laying down next to Sky, she tried, in vain, to sleep, yet kept her eyes closed for most of the time. The night was agonizingly long, Nadia anxiously checking for a pulse on Sky's neck every now and then only to sigh in relief once again and have the anxiety begin to build up once more the second she took her fingers away. This process, keeping her wide awake yet lying still, feeling Sky's warmth as a comfort that she was still alive, only halted when the very woman she was afraid for surprised her in the very early morning.

Nadia froze when she felt Sky's arms circle around her frame, which likely made it seem rather clear that she was asleep when she truly wasn't. Nadia wanted to flip around and kiss her right on the lips to express her joy, however she was to enraptured by simply feeling the warmth of the woman she loved, basking in the feeling of an embrace that, for the second time in a few short months she'd been afraid that she'd never feel ever again.

When sky got up, Nadia found her eyes cracking open to observe. She was going about her usual morning routine with no difficulty. This was evidence enough that resting through the night was all Sky needed. With this relieving thought, Nadia silently wished her lover a good day before closing her eyes and almost immediately falling into a much-needed sleep.

Nadia found herself waking groggily to an alarm far too few hours later, groaning. She had to get up and work though. Sky did it even after being drugged by Nadia's backstabbing goon of a father, so why couldn't that goon's daughter do the same? With this motivating train of thought, she was able to get herself dressed and submit herself to the daily grind.

The moment she got there, her mind was muddled with various worried thoughts surrounding Sky. This is the second time Sky seemed to escape a near brush with death in just a few short months. Nadia was very axious over losing her of course, but even more than that, she was anxious that, whilst they were a couple, they hadn't even made it offical yet. It was a sentimental thing that Sky had expressed no need for in the past, yet Nadia had always dreamed of marrying her one day, when the timing seemed right. She'd even been saving the money up ever since they bought the new house, secretly of course. There were two things that had kept her from proposing to Sky, however. Firstly, she knew that there'd be a lot more reason ffor random predjudiced strangers to single them out in one cruel way or another, seeing two women holdin hands with matching wedding rings. Gay marriage had only been made legal in the country a few short years ago, after all, and tensions were still high. There was also the issue of how busy they were and it never seeming to be the right time. However, since times were changing awfully fast, Nadia knew she'd deeply regret it if she didn't pop the question soon. Evven if Sky said no, Nadia had a feeling that in their particcular situation, not much would change.

She ruminated over it so much that she got a little behind on work that morning. Later in the day, however, she recived a call from Sky. Her "hey sweetie" was cut off by an excited stream of words that froze her right in her tracks. Within nanoseconds, she put it all together. Clearly, they'd be going to a romantic location. There'd be no one there except another pair of lovebirds with probablhy similar fears to her own, one half taking the leap of faith and proposing. She couldn't think of a better time, place or way to surpise the fuck out of Sky with this than anything else. It felt like whatever higher power there was decided to shout the answer to the dilemma Nadia'd be worrying about all morning loud and clear. Her excited tone when she responded was born of not only happiness for Glen and faye, but excitement of her cunning plan to make it a double-proposal for the ages. "Oh my god yes! I was wondering when he'd come around! You bet your cute little ass I'l be there! I'll be ready and wating when you get home, but I've gotta get back to work now. Love you!" The couple than said thier goodbyes for the afternon, and Nadia found herself working double time, making up the morning and then some, as if she'd gotten a second wind. She was a woman with a mission now: get everything done with enough time to head to the jewelry store and finally purchase that ring she knew was perfect for Sky the moment she saw it.

A few short hours later, she'd completed the work portion of her mission. On her way out, the boss asked her what her rush was, and she simply said "you'll hear about it soon enough." The first lesbian couple on the island to get hitched would surely be the talk of the town, after all. Driving over to the jewlery store, she confidently pointed out the ring to the clerk, and boldly said, "hi, I'd like that in my soon-to-be-fiancee's ring size. I have it written down right here." The woman smiled, congradulated her and nodded, taking the slip of paper nadia had written teh size on. "Yep, we've got one in this size. Last one, lucky you." As she was unlocking the case, she turned towards Nadia. "The lady proposing, huh? That's bold of you. You must really love him." Nadia's lips pursed, and she said in as nice a tone she could muster, "Ma'am... my Fiancee' is a woman." The clerk was quick to shoot nadia a fleeting glare of judgement before she caught herself. "O-oh, I apoligize... my mistake." The woman refused to make eye contact with her as nadia checked out. With a curt "thank you" and no response, she then left the store quicker than she'd after left anywhere in her life. The nerve of that woman.

Nadia found herself calmed down and happy again once she got home and hid the ring at the very borrom of an inside pocket of her purse she never used for anything, just in case Sky wanted to borrow something during the boat ride. Dressing in one of her nicest dresses, dark blue and frilly, she dolled up as much as she possible could for this. It would probably seem like slight overkill to Sky... until she found out what Nadia was planning. Since everyone but her saw this as Glen and Faye's night alone, she'd courteously wait until after Glen had proposed. Buzzing with excitement, she waited near the front door for sky, all dressed up and ready to help Sky change and get ready herself.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
During one of her breaks, Faye looked a bit… rumbled. An annoyed look strew across a soaking wet face.. Save for her lab coat which was comically the only dry thing on her. “Are you alright…?” Sky would ask slowly, lowering the can of soda she was drinking. “Glen is up to something…” She muttered. “He’s been out late and making excuses… avoiding me at work… I…” She’d take a seat from across from her co-worker, a slightly fearful expression upon the biologist’s face. “I think he might be cheating on me…”

It was difficult for Sky not to break out a huge smile.

“I doubt Glen would do that.” She dismissed her fears, Faye nodding slightly. “I hope so…”

She quickly arrived home as soon as her shift ended, Nadia already ready and urging her to do hurry up so they weren’t late. Trent would watch the madness of them trying to get somewhere on time unfold with bickering, a bit of cussing, and an occasionally apologize drive-by kiss. Sky had worn a red dress which contrasted brightly with her blue hair which she drew back into a bun of sorts. While finishing up, her eyes were momentarily drawn to the bottle that Nadia’s father had given her. So far, no motivation, so no reason to give it to her.

Once they finally left to go to the boat launch where the other two would be waiting, Sky would finally notice how… dressed up her lover had gotten. While Glen had told her to dress for a formal occasion, it almost seemed as if she was going a bit overboard, but they rarely ever found a reason to dress up so she shrugged it off.

Finally arriving, Glen dressed in a pretty fancy suit while Faye was in a black dress to match. “I didn’t think you could ever go without your lab coat.” Sky teased as the other woman rolled her eyes. “Glen said I couldn’t wear it.” This coaxed a chuckle out of the group before they headed out onto the boat, it being surprisingly a small yacht by the looks of thing. “Ladies first.” He said, voice wavering slightly. First Faye boarded then Nadia, Sky whispering a few words of encouragement into his ear before following and taking a seat beside her lover.

As Glen drove them out to their location, the girls spoke about various things. One of them in particular had been the new exhibit opening in the aquarium in a few days, it being a small polar bear cub they were housing for the time being. At first Kevin had seemed wary of it, knowing they were endangered within their country, but as they had a modified exhibit for a much colder climate that they never used (and more than enough begging and pleading on Sky’s, Faye’s, Nadia’s, and many of the aquarium’s frequent visitors,) he agreed. It appearing to be a huge money making opportunity as the bears were classified as marine mammals, so the few zoos that remained didn’t have the permissions or means to house and care for them.

Soon they arrived at the location, it being an extremely pretty spot with the sun appearing to descend just below the water on the horizon. Here, Faye seemed a bit distracted. Staring at the water with a rather odd look. “You okay?” Sky would ask, a bit concerned. “Oh, yes…” She would state with a sigh. “I… I had just learned a few days ago that my mother was a full siren.” Glen and Sky’s eyes would widen. After what they’ve learned, the social hierarchy of the merfolk, sirens were considered nobility of sorts with their ability to control those they sang too. “How did you find out?” Her boyfriend would ask, the woman hesitating for a moment. “My father told me, even though he always told me she had died when I was young. It’s a… strange thing to learn at 30 years old.” Glen would nod slowly, clearing his throat as he said “I… won’t be able to change your mother leaving after you were born, but I can try to ease the feeling a little…”

A bit confused by this, she would him take a breath before lowering to one knee and removing a small box from his pocket, the ring inside glinting brightly in the fading sunlight. “Faye Clarissa Morgan… will you marry me?”

This was the first time they had seen the woman, normally composed and collected, stunned into silence. She opened her mouth, no sound escaping as she tried to speak. Instead of answering, she would lean into the man in front of her, kissing him passionately before shouting a joyful “Yes!”

Sky beamed, congratulating the two as he slid the ring onto her finger. But.. that wasn’t the only thing that was in store for them that night.

Once the couple was finally finished arguing and cussing over the smallest details of Sky's outfit such as the snugness of the dress's straps and what it did and didn't go well with, Nadia stepped back and earnestly told her, 'Sky... you look stunning, babe." She then let her lover know that she really meant business with a big ol' peck on her cheek. Once all the commotion was over, she realized Trent had been watching and found herself giggling at him a little. Having him around wasn't the worst thing in the world, she thought to herself. He mostly kept out of their hair after all... but maybe she was just thinking that because of how absolutely over the moon she was about the little surprise she had in store for her loved one. As they were preparing for the night, she swore she saw a bottle of... perfume? Something, at least, that she swore she hadn't seen there before. Chalking it up to pure forgetfulness on her part, utterly unaware of the contents' purpose, Nadia let all thought of it go in the arduous task of getting Sky ready for this occasion. Smiling at her with a meaning unbeknownst to the teal-haired woman, she took her hand and headed down to the docks with her.
On their way there, Nadia found herself catching Sky with a rather quizzical, almost mesmerized look. She found herself truning to face forward again as they reached their car, climbed inside and Naida began driving, a knowing smile across her face. Sky would find out why she dressed so impeccably for this occasion soon enough...

Once there, Nadia opened the door for Sky and offered her a hand out of it as per the usual. As they greeted Glen and his unsuspecting lover, the four of them hit the evening off with an inside joke regarding Faye's fixation with her lab coat, followed by Glen being the gentleman he was. Faye was a sweet girl and Nadia was very happy she'd found such an upstanding partner; likewise, Glen very much deserved a wonderful woman like Faye. They really were quite the fit of a couple, and Nadia still wasn't over how long it had taken them to get this point. Nodding in smiling appreciation to Glen's 'Ladies first', Naida ensured that she laid a brief and subtle, yet encouraging pat on Glen's shoulder smiling as she just barely overheard Sky whispering what must've been words of encouragement in his ear.

Nadia wished Glen good luck within her mind for extra good luck before settling into the drive and relaxing as best she could despite the nervousness she herself felt. She was rather confident that Sky would be hers no matter what, but a few jitters here and there had to be normal. Thankfully, she was able to get her mind off of it quite easily indeed with the titillating conversation topics that were then shared among the four, especially the exciting new arrival the aquarium would soon unveil.
Once they arrived, Nadia found herself staring out to sea and thinking about how perfect a place this was, for both Glen and herself to take the leaps of faith they'd soon be taking. Catching a snippet of Sky's concerned question to Faye brought Nadia's attention away from the sea for a moment as she rushed over to hear more clearly, her eyes widening in tandem with the others in shock. "Oh no... I'm so sorry...' she breathed. It must've been terrible to learn. however, Glen wasn't going to let Faye's saddening revelation regarding her cruel mother spoil this occasion for her, it seemed, as he set himself up.

Nadia was just about boiling over with anticipation as he prepared himself with a deep breath, took out the ring and finally popped the question. Time seemed to stand still for a moment as Faye froze. Nadia then found herself squealing with delight and clapping her hands excitedly as they kissed. Her heart warmed as Faye's resounding "Yes!" passed through her ears like sweet music. yet, there was another yes she was even more excited about hearing tonight.

Taking a deep breath, Nadia then moved from Sky's side and in front of her. It was their moment now, and she was glad to be sharing it with Glen and Faye, the couple's closest friends. Besides, seeing Glen take the plunge took a little bit of the pressure off of her as a nice little bonus. Meeting Sky's eyes with her own, she spoke up softly. "Really nice night, isn't it babe? A perfect night for new beginnings..." grinning from ear to ear, she produced the ring from her purse, got down on one knee, and presented it to her, looking into her eyes passionately.

"Sky Edith Friar... will you marry me?"
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky would raise an eyebrow as Nadia moved in front of her, not speaking as she realized what the woman was doing. Eyes wide she listened as she asked, the other couple clearly caught off guard as well. As everyone waited with baited breath, she would swallow before silently nodding, not trusting herself to speak. “I don't think I've ever seen her speechless.” Faye laughed with a grin, her high of excitement apparently being infectious as Nadia slid the ring onto her finger.

Leaning forward Sky would wrap her arms around her lover, subtly removing her shoes as she then would lean them over the back end of the boat into the water. Upon seeing the lover’s tails form, Glen fumbled with his suit jacket as he was tackled in by his fiancé. As they surfaced, he would mumble “This suit is a rental…” Faye would entwine with the man who was treading water. “It better not be a rental for our wedding.” But before he could respond, a strange look passed over his face, he slipping below the surface. Slightly concerned Faye would dive under to bring up back up… when she realized what was happening. “Faye?” Sky would call, swimming over to her carefully as her dress did extend well past her waist. “He's turning…” she mumbled. “How is that possible…” As concerned as she was, Sky gave the woman a brief hug. Knowing this wasn't how she wanted to spend her night.

Once the process was finished, the three of them remained submerged with him with worried looks as he finally opened his eyes. Blinking a few times, his eyes were immediately drawn to the blue fishlike tail he had, the man now slightly dazed as the three of them hauled him onto the back end of the ship. “How…” he asked to no one in particular, starting at himself. Faye would haul herself out, reaching for the towels that were always stocked on the boat. “We don’t know… but hey at least our wedding can be under….” the joke died in her throat as she realized she was completely dry, but her legs weren't returning. Wordlessly she would moved back onto the seats a bit awkwardly to make room for the others to try, however… still the same result.

Once they all were once again on the boat, still remaining part fish (or snake in Nadia’s case) they would all be dumbfounded by this sudden change. “M-maybe it's the water…?” Glen would offer up after a moment of silence, Faye shaking her head. “Based on my research, this shouldn't happen. Yes there's a chance if you constantly remained in the water for an extended period of time, but we were in there for minutes not months.” Frowning she would reach for her phone which she had placed in Nadia’s purse, dialing quickly. “Uh, yeah Kevin? We need a bit of help… no I don't care that you're in the final circle, us being stranded in the middle of the ocean without legs is a bit more important.” After that the conversation was a brief with her telling him where they were and hanging up. “So he does better in solo queue.” Faye grumbled, clearly distracted from the worrisome occurrence at hand.

Kevin arrived shortly after in one of the aquarium’s boats, helping transfer the four onto it to drive back. “I leave you all alone for what.. It’s been two hours since your shifts ended? And look what happens.” The older man partially scolded them as they laid near the back of the boat, side by side. “Do you think we wanted this to happen?” Glen asked, still looking perturbed by the whole situation. “This technically should’ve of happened!” The biologist cried, opening her laptop that Kevin had brought per request and beginning to go through various documents intent on finding an answer. “And uh…” The aquarium owner glanced back towards them. “Why are you all dressed up?” Sky blushed slightly as she replied “Glen and Faye are engaged, and apparently so are me and Nadia.” “Congratulations.” He chuckled, resuming facing forward and continuing to head towards the aquarium’s docks.

As they neared the boat launch that connected to the back of the warehouse like structure, he slowed down, peering at the building. He had left the huge door open, although now there were various suits in the area, some searching the room while others were conversing. But one stood out, standing on the dock. “Looks like your brother is a little impatient…” Reaching down and grasping a small tarp they kept on the ship, he would carefully slip it back to the four, they arranging it over themselves and making sure to appear as flat as possible.

“Taking the boat out for a spin?” Trent asked as he docked, Kevin shutting the machine off and stepping out. “Well she’s reasonably old and has to be driven even now and then or risk her dying for the last time. Wouldn’t expect a city agent to understand that.” Nodding slowly he would examine the vessel, gesturing towards the tarp. “What’s under there?”

Upon hearing this, they held their breath.

“Just some fish I had caught, but I should be the one asking why you are all here.” At this, the man would shove a warrant into his had, a smug smile to follow. “On the ground of suspicious activity, you’re welcome to read through it.” Glancing it over and handing it back, Kevin would nod slowly. “Did you boys find anything?” “I was wondering if you could help with that…” He gestured towards the boat. “Starting with removing that tarp.”

At the sound of this, Sky would look to the others, carefully gesturing at how the end of the tarp draped off the edge of the boat. If they were careful enough, they could get off.

And they did.

In a rush they slid into the water, darting underneath the dock. “Don’t make me remove it myself.” Trent growled, Kevin dismissing him with a wave of his hand. “Give an old man a second. Kids these days always so impatient.”

Right as he peeled it back, the very end of a fin would disappear into the dark water. “Oh what a shame.” Kevin sighed, trying to hide a small smile. “Appears as if my catch got away…”

The four of them would swim towards one of the outdoor pools with a sea entrance. As it was empty, it was opened. Following the pool to where it lead in doors, they quickly hauled themselves out and tried to find something to dry off with. Sky managed to grab a few left over towels from a day or so prior, it being enough to dry and and, with a small bit of pain oddly enough, split her tail back into a set of legs. “Thank god.” She cried, standing with a bit of difficulty and using the wall for support as she tossed a few more at the rest.

Once they all were standing they tried to move towards their locker rooms when a woman stopped them. “Hold it. Who are you?”

They were then forced to where Trent and Kevin were still standing, the older man dismissing anything her brother said. “These three claim to be employees of your aquarium and the fourth the… finance-” she said it with a bit of disdain “of her.” She gestured to Sky. “Kathrine, you’re engaged?” He asked, clearly surprised. “Yes now what are you doing here with your goons?” The man took a step towards her, wrinkling his nose. “Investigating. Why are you all wet… and absolutely reek of fish.” “None of your business.” She spat, before trying to grab Nadia by the arm and move towards the exit. Two other agents cut her off. “Come on, Kat, don’t force me to arrest you.” At the sound of this, she faced him with glare. “Why should you be concerned with my fucking love life when all you cared about was making my life a living hell alongside him.”

With that she and her lover left. Going home.

When they finally arrived, she wouldn’t speak. Simply getting into the shower after discarding her soaking wet (and most likely ruined) dress. Remaining in there for an extended period of time, she would finally exit, throwing on some assorted bagging clothing before collapsing onto their couch in the living room. Staring at her ring with a bittersweetness, her mood dampened by what had occurred just then.

Sky's reaction caused Nadia's heart to all but leap out of her chest with joy and love, her speechlessness adorable, Faye's comment making Nadia giggle a little amongst her euphoria as she slipped the ring onto her now-fiance's finger. The look on Glen and Faye's faces were rpiceless as well, Nadia noticed once she had slipped the ring onto Sky's finger and looked over at the other newly-engaged pair.

Nadia warmly and gently returned Sky's embrace, squealing with a mix of surprise and delight as she was suddenly tackled overboard and into the sea below. As she turned, she found herself feeling a bit more pain than usually and yelped with it, but it subsided quickly. Chalking it up to merely being out of practice since she hadn't been submerged in a while, the thought faded from her mind. Suddenly, Nadia too noticed the look on Glen's face, and her eyes went wide as he sunk.

Her superwoman tendencies kicking in, she found herself iving beneath the water to help Faye get im back to the surface. nstead, she found herself freezing in her tracks and staring as Glen's body began to change, by now an all-too-familiar sight. Glen hadn't been turned by a Siren himself, so this sight both perplexed and worried her. She found herself staying underneath just in case she saw some way to help him as Sky consoled the man's now-fiance' above. As she stared, transfxed by the sight of the new tail he was growing, Nadia found herself wondering... were the effects contagious in some way? Did something else cause him to contract it by freak accident? Nadia may one day find out that it was niether of these things, yet something put into motion by a man she assumed, wrongly, had disappeared from her life entirely.

Watching Glen complete the transformation with bated breath, Nadia was relived when he seemed okay, immidiately beginning to hoist him up, with use of her long snake tail to grab a hold of a nearby railing for extra leverage, ending up being the heavy lifter here despite her rather frail adn dainty frame. Her tail was strong; she'd have to keep that in mind for the next time she found herself in a sticky situation.

Sticking by her lover as they all dried out their tails, she began to panic as she too realized her tail was not changing back. Staying silent throughout Faye and Glen's fruitless speculation on what the heck could've just happened and taking Sky's hand for mutual comfort, Nadia found herself simply waiting for Kevin to arrive. Quieter than she'd been all night, she stroked Sky's hair to hopefully calm both her and Nadia's own nerves a little further as they waited nervously for Kevin's arrival. Once he'd gotten there, she felt a little more relaxed, and found herself laughing as he scolded his employees. It was quite the funny coincidence that this had all happened so quickly after the normal daily grind had ended. Nada found herself blushing as well as Sky spilled the beans about why they were all dressed up, squeezing her hand and whispering "I really surprised you, huh babe?" Not expecting an answer, she pecked teal-haired lover's cheek.

When they arrived back at the familiar aquarium dock (Nadia remembering some sneaky fun she and Sky had back here once), her slightly restored mood tanked again once she recognized the uniforms of the figures, and indeed the one leading them. Nadia sighed, her heart rate increasing, knowing that if he caught them like this, it wouldn't be good for anyone on the island most likely. With this in mind, Nadia was grateful for the tarp and gladly, yet hastily, began to use it to cover herself as best she could. After a while of laying there in suspensful silence, Nadia nearly panicked when she overheard Trent mntion the tarp, only to follow her sharp-eyed financee's lead and swim like the wind to safety.

Taking a deep breath the moment she surface, Nadia was utterly relieved as she saw Sky get her legs back this time, hoisting herself out and drying herself off in turn. She couldn't help but lt out a small cry of pain as her tail split into her land legs as it were, struggling a bit more to stand than even Sky. What the hell? t seemed lie every time she changed back and forth, it was getting more intense.
They were just barely all back in thier original forms when a woman stopped them, making Nadia freeze with shock. Reluctantly, she follow suit in the others' footsteps and introduced herself as Sky's fiance'. She glared at the woman at the way she relayed the word back to her boss when he arrived, only to give him a smug grin at his surprised question. This satisfaction faded fast as he made it clear that they were so very close to being caught red-handed, however, her mood lessened further by Sky's angry, hurt response, the woman gladly driving her Fiance' home. In the car, it was clear that her legs were still a little sore as she winced a little every time she had to step on the gas.

Getting back home, Nadia allowed Sky time to cool down, the woman knowing when she needed it. The amount of time she spent in the shower was concerning, so much so that Nadia also felt a need to take a bath after pacing about nearby for a while. The closest thing was the nearby pool, so, in her disheveled state, she set her beautiful new ring down on the coffee table carefully so that it didn't slip off in the water, then slipped into the pool, forgetting until it was too late how painful it was becoming.

Nadia let out a shriek, certainly audible from the living room, as her legs felt like they were tearing themselves apart rather than forming together into a new appendage. "Ow ow ow, what the hell," she muttered under her breath after it finally began to subside. If Sky came to see what was wrong, she explained that ever since hitting the water after the boat ride, every transformation back and forth was getting more and more painful, a look of fear in her eyes as she knew that something she enjoyed so much was causing her excruciating amounts of pain now.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
Sky would frown as Nadia slid into the pool of water in front of the couch she laid on that was in the middle (and when opened took up most of) their living room. “You alright?” She would ask, the woman soon explaining that she had been experiencing pain when her tail formed ever since yesterday. This was worrisome. Soon she would slide off her ring as well and crawl off the couch, joining her in the pool. While the transformation was vaguely uncomfortable, it didn’t cause any extreme pain like her fiance was experiencing.

“Thats weird…” She mumbled, the voice of the woman’s father echoing in her mind. There’s no reason that he was the cause of Nadia’s discomfort, right? He had, after all, been the one to come after her.

Regardless, she leaned into her lover, emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted by what had transpired in the last two hours.

The two remained there for a decent amount of time, silently cuddling when they figured they needed to get out before Trent returned (if he wasn’t with his subordinates.) And so Sky was first, transforming back with relative ease while she helped her soon-to-be wife out and began to dry her off. Her heart pounded as her tail remained for a moment, but soon enough it began to painfully split, it nearly bringing the woman to tears. Holding her for a moment, she then basically had to carry her to their bedroom, curling around her as they both fell asleep.

As much as Sky wanted to remain with her, if they were going to have a wedding of all things, they couldn’t miss work. But, as she got up to leave, she whispered into her ear “Don’t bother going in today, I’ll make sure to call them.” Before planting a soft kiss on her cheek and silently leaving the darkened room.

She did end up calling them on her way, quickly getting off the phone with her normally roaring drunk and less than friendly boss, luckily the pay was extremely good so Nadia put up with it.

Finally reaching the aquarium and starting her shift, everyone was… on edge. The tension around the place was reaching insane levels, and based on what happened yesterday, it wasn’t a huge surprise. Now there were agents from the SOI lingering around the place, observing anything and everything they believed to be suspicious. It even got to the point where one was hovering over Sky’s shoulder as she held down one of the otters for Faye to take an x-ray of their paw, the woman rightful wearing her lab coat once more.

Then, Kevin called the few of them into the break room. Faye, Glen, and Sky all standing, the women grinning widely as he announced what they were all waiting for. “The polar bear cub is coming in the next few days, so I need someone to go check on his enclo-” “I WILL!” Sky cried, Faye closing her mouth with a sigh. “You all have to remember that he isn’t going to be a puppy…” He sighed but handed her the key.

Rushing to the exhibit, she would open the small steel door, moving into the snow covered environment with a little hesitance. Wrapping her arms around herself due to how cold it was, she neared the temperature gauge, it set perfectly. Moving through there she knelt down by the edge of where they had a reasonably large pool of water. Now she would check the gauge when she heard someone slip through the door. Standing abruptly and turning around, Sky would narrow her eyes at the sight of her brother. “Isn’t this quaint?” He asked, glancing around the enclosure. “I suppose you aren’t used to such temperatures.” “How’d you guess?” She growled back, watching him carefully. “Such hostility… and to think you, my little Katherine became engaged yesterday evening. Tell me.. Where did you four run off to last night?” “It really any of your business.” She muttered. “It isn’t? But I’m your older brother… and I’m certain dad would love to know of your wedding, when’s the big day?”

She looked absolutely mortified. “You wouldn’t tell him…” “Try me.” The man replied, voice stern. Now he stood right in front of the woman. “Tell me whats going on here, Kat.” Standing her ground, Sky wouldn’t budge. “Arrest me.”

They were silent for a short amount of time. Trent appearing to consider her offer, when he suddenly pushed her into the water. She gave a cry of surprise, landing with a rough splash. It was freezing, instanting taking her breath away. As she sank, her tail forming, the water’s temperature was only transferred to her faster as her gills took in the water. Soon she wasn’t able to move, her vision flickering as Trent gave a victorious grin, walking away while lifting his phone to his ear as she lost consciousness.

“Yes I’ve found one, bring a few others though to get everyone who’s a suspect.” He spoke to the person on the other line as Faye appeared, looking at him with a frown. “Move along.” He commanded, although she wasn’t going to listen. Rushing into the freezing cold room, the agent wasn’t fast enough to follow as she looked into the tank with a horrified expression, seeing Sky suspended within appearing lifeless. “Kevin!” She screamed, the owner soon rushing in after Glen when Trent was busy restraining the biologist, cuffs around her wrists. “What the hell is going on?” He asked, joining Faye beside the water with a wide gaze, not hesitating as he jumped in, quickly grabbing the her and pushing her onto the side, Glen already pulling her the rest of the way out.

The men would begin to try and warm her up, Faye who was still being held by him snarling “How could you kill your own sister?!” “I never cared for her, she was just an accident my father produced.” He chuckled as more agents would file into the room. Kevin, who was visibly cold, ignored it while trying to warm up the younger woman, Glen trying to do the same. “There’s still a chance…” He muttered, glaring at any agents that tried to come near them. “I need to get her to one of the other tanks if you want her to live.” Reluctantly, they would allow them to move, Faye removed from the cuffs and allowed to follow.

Arriving at one of the empty ones once again the warehouse-like building, the agents would be sure to suround them as Kevin passed Sky to Faye who had climbed in without a second thought, the woman hoping her body heat would assist in reviving the woman. “Come on, you were just engaged…” She would murmur to her underwater. “We’re both going to get married…”

While this was happening, another set of agents were sent to the house, aiming to drag Nadia out by force if she didn’t come willingly.

Nadia smiled weakly as her teal-haired lover decided to join her in the water, though she was a little afriad that the same would happen to her. Thankfully, Sky showed no signs of the kind of pain Nadia's leggs now felt very sore and numb from. Taking a deep breath in order to center and calm herself, Nadia looked into Sky's eyes, noddding at her expression of concerned confusion before speaking up weakly.

"Y-Yeah, it's really strange... and I-it looks like it's just going to keep getting worse... Nadia said, shaking slightly in both pain and fear. Her body stilled gradually as Sky suddenly embraced her, however, the woman deeply comforted by her Fiancee's closeness. She lost herself in cuddling with her lover, silently, no words needing to be exchanged in this moment. This lasted a good while before Sky breeched the topic of needing to be out of this pool and having it closed again before Trent happened by, just in case he did so. "Y-you're right... the last thing I want is to give him the evidence he can utterly ruin us with, not to mention everyone else with this condition... I'm scared though, Sky.." In the end, Sky convinced Nadia to rise from the pool, Nadia shutting her eyes tightly and bracing for the pain.

Unfortunately, no amount of preparation could've prepared her for how intense it had gotten this time, the woman throashing about and screaming hysterically. The pain was akin to the of the first few contractions of birthing a child, not that a lesbian like herself would know. She was pretty sure this is what labor made a new mother's lower body feel like, in any case.

In the end, Nadia found herself crying due to the sheer agony she now felt, slowly losing conciousness. The next few events were a blur that she was just barely aware of, her vision blurring and fading as Sky carried her down the hall, into thier bedroom, and onto softness that felt like heaven with ow exhausted she realized in this moment that her body was. Sky's warmth was the final dose of metaphorical medicine she needed, causing Nadia to weakly wrap her arms around the woman who'd just laid down by her side, her sobbing eventually going through stages of clam starting at unsteady breathing and sniffling to uninterrupted, calm breathing. She passed right out, despite her legs still screaming at her that they were burning alive (or that at least it felt like such a thing, almost anyway).

Nadia found herself stirred, like she was many mornings, by Sky getting up at the unholy hour she was required to in order to be in on time. The moment Nadia thought about having to be at her own work in a few hours, however, she felt painful throbbing throughout her legs, causing her to groan sleepily and sigh, covering her eyes. Sky, being the clever and obsevant girl she was (one of the things Nadia adored most about her), seemed to pick up on this. The words she whispered to the auburn-haired cripple (though hopefully she'D be able to walk again soon) had to be about the most relieving thing she'd ever heard in her life. "Thank you, babe... I hope you'll be okay over there today..." Nadia managed to mutter, her voice groggy and pained, yet the tone of extreme gratefulness, and its following tone of worry, were quite apperent indeed. The kiss upon her cheek warmed her heart as Nadia watched Sky leave the room, closing her eyes after the door shut and drifting off quickly once more.

She slept straight through her alarms, and would've slept all day if she didn't suddenly hear banging at your door. "Open up! SOI, we have a warrant!" Groggily, she sat up, her heart a beating fast as she rubbed her eyes. "I-I'm... coming... h-hold on," she muttered weakly, not yet awake enough to project her voice in a manner they could hear, nor to quite gras what was happpening. Thankfully though, her legs, while they still felt like lead almost, were more numb than in pain. With some effort, she knew she could them. Standing up, panic began to set in as she made all the neccesary connections. "SOI.. shit... th-that means they found out about Sky..." She lowered her head, fists clenched, on the verge of tears. There was no other reason for them to be here.

"Ma'am, we will bust down this door in five..." a soldier yelled through the door. "four..." "H-hold on!" She said as loudly as she could, that seeming to buy her some time as she rushed, half-limping, across the apartment and to the door. She was greeted by two men brandishing pistols at her. "Ma'am, you're coming with us." "Wh-where is Sky?! I demand to see her!" Nadia blurted out, crossing her arms. In response, the men forcefully grabbed her and handcuffed her. "Classified information Ma'am.. and by law, you do not get to make demands of us. Consider that a warning." with no further words, the men began to push the panicking, shaking Nnadia down the hall and out of the building, a feeling of hopelessness and dread setting in. "Wh-where are you taking me?!" "You'll see," one of the mennonchalantlyy replied, causing her to grimace in frustration but keep her tongue tied as they kept tugging her along, a gun against her back.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
Sky, ever so slowly, came too. She felt stiff, each “breath” painful, as if glass was being forced through her gills. However, she forced herself to open her eyes somewhat, meeting the relieved face of Faye just above her. But that was short lived as she seemed to huddle back against the side of the tank, the SOI agents mingling about. Trent would move over to the side of the tank, crouching down so he could look her in the eye, the woman deathly pale. “Looks like you survived. Such a shame.” He hummed, flashing a grin at the glass while he commanded his goons to do something.

And that something was to slide a lid over the tank they were in.

Faye was terrified, eyes wide as she watched Kevin try to protest against this, only to be forced to the ground and cuffed with Glen being tossed into another tank beside them with the same fate. “This is my fault…” Sky would mumble, still not fully conscious. “Don’t say that…” the older woman dismissed her. “No one could’ve prevented this…”

Soon enough they would’ve dragged Nadia in, tossing her into a tank on their left before sliding the lid closed as well, the woman screaming and crying in pain as her tail formed. Almost like a mother would to a child, Faye averted Sky’s eyes, knowing that with her near death experience, watching her fiance suffer was the last thing she needed.

They remained in there for an ungodly length of time, thankfully the tanks being long enough to mostly stretch out. Throughout the day, Trent would bring by suited officials who would converse about the ‘discovery’ some even going as far as to ask if they were accepting bids but “thankfully” they were now classified as government property and not for sale. During this time Sky would be lulled back asleep by the older merwoman, she constantly keeping watch around the exterior.

Soon everyone would leave for the night, the lights of the warehouse shutting off as they were all swamped in darkness. Glen would’ve already exhausted himself trying to force the lid of his tank open while the rest of them had basically already lost any shred of hope left. No one knew where they were. And even if they did, the aquarium was most likely being guarded now, closed off to the public.

It got to the point where Faye was the only one awake, the only one able to consciously realise that they were simply going to become the government’s plaything until they grew bored enough to shove them into some exhibit in the capital. At the moment, she was thankful for being underwater because if not… her face would’ve been a tear-stained mess. Yet, she did eventually pass out, the events of that day having worn her down mentally and emotionally.

The next day started abruptly, agents banging on the sides of their glass to wake them. Sky, not having gotten any medical treatment for her icy brush with death, was still looked extremely pale and groggy, it being possible that her blue tail’s color had even dulled a little. She needed to be warmed up more than the water and herself was providing as well as getting checked to see if the bought of hypothermia had done any serious damage, but it was unlikely that they were going to do such a thing. Even Nadia was looking awful, seemingly in pain every time she moved her tail.

Trent on the other had felt like a fucking king. He had finally gotten something of note since his coworkers before him found evidence for the existence of werewolves. But this… actual live specimens… they were priceless, and sure to get him a promotion or two. Still, there was one problem.

His boss, Mora Raplee.

She was a soft woman at heart, which made him wonder how she ever reached the position of director (although he assumed it had something to do with a sexual favor or too.) She first arrived not too long ago, walking into the warehouse alongside him as he explained his find before showing her the beings in the tanks.

The woman, at first, was a bit intrigued. But as she saw the looks she was receiving from Faye, Sky and so on (mostly being of fear and hate)… it soon turned a bit more dull. “Can you open this tank?” She asked, pointing at the one with the two women inside. Trent knew this was a horrible idea. “That one..? Uh, why not the one over here or maybe-” “Open this one, Agent Friar. If they’re the mindless creatures you told me about, then there shouldn’t be a problem.” Her voice was stern, he wasn’t going to get out of this. Nodding slowly he popped the latches and slowly removed it, Faye shrinking back against the far end with the lucid Sky in tow.

“It’s alright.” The woman sighed. “I know based off of the clothing you two are wearing that there’s something.. Else going on here.” She would pass Trent a sideways glance, Faye slowly sitting up. Taking a moment to speak, as she had been forced to lie down for over 24 hours straight, she finally said “You’re supposed agent there is an asshole. He nearly killed his sister.” She would gesture towards Sky, Mora’s lips twitching into a frown. “Whats wrong with her? She certainly doesn’t look well.” “Hypothermia. He pushed her into a freezing pool of water in our newest exhibit and left her there to freeze to death.”

Trent was furious.

“You can’t possibly believe it…” He growled, the director correcting him. “Her. And I do believe her. But since all the proof we have his her word against yours… I’ll left it slide for now.”

Now Faye was angered.

“You’re just going to let him get away with attempted murder?!” Mora sighed. “Dear, things are a lot different in the capital than this backwater island.” With that she had her forced back down any lying flat as the tank’s cover was reattached.

They, of course, couldn’t keep them in there forever (despite how much they wanted too.) And so they were all eventually transferred to their large in-ground tank that was normally used for bigger marine animals. The four of them were quick to flee to the bottom corner of the twenty-foot deep pool, Nadia finally being able to see Sky for the first time in days. The two weren’t faring well in the slightest, huddled in the corner concrete structure while Glen and Faye sat along the wall. They did little, knowing that if they weren’t going to get fed, then what was the use in wasting any energy. More and more people would be brought by the tank, some even trying to coax them to come to the top of the pool, which was either met with being ignored or a hostile glare.

Stumbling about and wincing every now and then due to the lingering soreness of her worsening pain condition regarding transformation, nadia barely registered with her fear-blinded senses that she was led forcefully around the building, to a back alley, and into a plain-looking van quite similar to the one she'd barely caught a glimpse of beefore she passed out, on the day her Father stripped her of the very last modicum of respect she had been holding onto for him. Thrown uncerimoniously into the back with a clearly ignored yelp, the doors were quickly shut on her and she found herself in the dark. As her mobile prison began to move, the movement began to lull her into sleepiness as vehicles often strangely did. She welcomed the break from worrying constantly about what was going to happen to Sky, or her for that matter. She laid down and closed her eyes, hoping for the sweet escape of sleep from all of this. However, the sleep was interrupted now and again by road bumps, loud speech and laughing from her captors that she conciously tuned out, and other distractions. Groaning, she covered her ears. The only thing that held her together, kept her from breaking down and crying, was the hope that she'd be able to be near Sky, or at least see her, and see that she was okay. She daydreamed about being thrown into a tank with Sky, barely fought past the fear of the pain that would surely ensue then, and focused on remembering how it felt to embrace her underwater, her warmth feeling especially magical when the couple did this as opposed to simply on land. These thoughts caused her to barely pull through this awful ride without a severe mental breakdown.

Finally, the doors to this dark, cold hell of a van finally opened, causing Nadia to wince as her eyes took in the full force of sunlight after sitting in near-darkness for the ride. Mentally preparing herself for manhadling, she offered no resistance since, with the state her legs were currently in, she couldn't do anything against these two men, and likely she'd only endanger herself if she tried. She allowed herself to be roughly pulled out of the van, only fore her eyes to widened as she realized they were leading her into the aquarium, which filled her with dread. They'd siezed the place, most likely. Sky coudn't be safe then, Nadia realized, and she found herself shakng with fear... until she saw her. In a nearby tank, Faye by her side. She met Sky's eyes with a mix of love and relief, a bit of fear naturally present as well in this dire situation, and mouthed the words "I love you."

Then, she saw that they were leading her to another nearby tank and her heart stopped for a second, shaking as she remembered the previous evening, specifcally the pain that wracked her so violently. "No-no, p-please keep me out here... I don't care what you d-" instead of listening whatsoever, they uncerimoniously chucked her in and went about thier day, seeming entirely indifferent evenv though her screams echoed throughout the room and into the other tanks. In the end, she fell unconcious, both her legs and her throat raw and sore to a degree she didn't think was possible before. She stayed unconcious, floating with her head down in the water, slight subconcious movment of her tail (despite the pain it was in) to keep her afloat the only sign that she was still alive. When she awoke hours later, however, the first thing she did upon regaining enough coherence to do basic physical tasks was to bang weakly on the side of her tank to ge Sky's attention, and once she had done so, smile weakly, forcedly while looking into the woman's eyes, hands pressed against the glass. She remained pressed up against the side of her tank where she could be the closest possible to Sky before she found herself falling asleep again, fatigued from the day's events immensely. She remained in dreamland all night, never aware (fortunately, honestly) of the men that came and asked to bid for her and the others as if they were merely mindless, exotic sea creatures bred to fill some bigwig's excessively large private tank. Her face, like Faye's, would've been a tear-stained mess if she wasn't both underwater and down for the count at the moment.

The next morning, Nadia was rudely jolted into conciousness by loud, incessant banging on the glasss wall of her metaphorical aquatic jail cell. Opening her eyes, her tail once again trhobbing intensely, reminding her painfully of why she had been knocked so thoroughly out. Looking over at Sky as soon as she was coherent, herr face paled and her tail tried to twitch in a display of restlessness and worry, yet didn't end up doing so as it instead was assualted with pain, causing Nadia to wince and sharply intake the water as she would air if in she was not in her aquatic form. She ended up staring with deep worry over at Sky, so focused on her and muddled by her pain that she had no idea what was going on, just that there was a new person looking over them, seeming important, and that she was questioning Faye.

Days flew by in a mess of sleep, staring anxiously and longingly over into Sky's tank, and finallly, just as Nadia thought she'd never leave this tank in her life, she was proven very wrong indeed. In her malnourished-and-still-slightly-sore state, she'd almost forgotten about the transformation pains... until, that is, she was lifted out of her current enclosure. The men transferring her had to restrain her tightly in order to keep her from thrashing about like a full-blooded fish out of water due to the pain. the SOI agents relieved when they finally had thrown her into the larger enclosure with the others.

After hours of excruciating, mind-numbing pain, Nadia found herself clinging to Sky in the corner the two pairs of lovers had chosen to sulk in, weakly wrapping her arms around her lover's frame. Hours later, the moment she felt well enough to speak, she weakly croaked out words she'd been wanting to say this whole time."Sky... whatever happens, I'm staying right here with you. Even if we can never be married now, I'll still stay with you until death does us part. That's a promise." She held her tighter and laid a weak, shaky kiss upon her cheek. Nadia was oblivious to the world this entire time, focusing only on resting her head against Sky's chest and feeling her heartbeat, constantly reaffirming that yes, somehow, she was still alive.... they both were. Nadia took small comfort in that, though it wasn't quite enough to break through the fog of despair that clouded over all four of the engaged lovers. All she had left that was of any comfort was Sky, so she clung to her like a scared child would thier mother, refusing to let go.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
Sky would listen to her lover as she spoke, the woman leaning her head against the one that was against her chest. “We’re… going to get married…” She said softly, clearly not even believing the words herself. After all, the situation seemed more than hopeless. They were stuck in the bottom of a large cement tank with constant surveillance 24/7. Even if they did manage to get out, like they had been coaxed to try and do countless times since their arrival, she doubted it would end well.

And so the couple would remain quiet, Sky closing her eyes and trying to take her mind off of everything despite how impossible the task seemed.

Faye and Glen were having their own troubles. The woman blaming herself for what happened to her fiance while he blamed himself for taking them to that specific, spot, as they assumed it had been the water.

The air about the water was more or less depressing, born of four people who had pretty much lost all hope.

The following day, things seemed as if they were going to progress as normal, until something odd began to occur. First what looked to be a diver slipped into the tank, watching from behind their mask while another figure slid in beside them, not wearing such as suit. She appeared to be around 18, her red hair contrasting the dark wetsuit she wore as she noticed the four who had once again clumped together in a corner. With an odd look of delight she would try to swim down towards them, but barely make it five feet when she was beginning to struggle. Soon she appeared to run out of air, water pouring into her mouth and throat.

Faye and Sky remained where they were. Not going to act the bait they had put forward.

Glen on the other hand… couldn’t simply watch. Having been a lifeguard before working at the aquarium he felt a strong urge to go save the girl. And he tried, swimming up towards her cautiously, grabbing her form and bringing her to the opposite side of the tank from the diver, pushing her out onto the edge on her side and making sure she had a pulse.

Right as he was certain, he quickly returned to the others, Faye giving him a relief-stricken yet understanding look. “I couldn’t just watch her drown…” He mumbled, Sky nodding but instead saying “I think they wanted us to turn her.”

This realization caused them to fall silent.

“Do we even know if we can do that?” Faye’s voice was soft, clearly what they were being put through was taking its toll. “Who know…” Sky responded, voice dull. “But they clearly think that we can. Or at least weren’t afraid to throw someone’s life at risk just test it.”

That night, while they had all once again drifted into a stupor of sorts, something was a bit… different. It began when there was a disturbance in the water, Sky opening her eyes a little to see what might’ve caused it when an odd yet hopeful sight filled her eyes.

Another merperson.

Yet as they swam down towards the group, who it was soon caused this hope to fade, instead turning into a sort of fear. Adria’s mother, the woman who had attacked Glen and nadia and had came for her. Nudging the women next to her as well as the man, they all woke with hostile and or fearful expressions. But as she finally came close enough to them, she spoke softly “I’m here to get you four out, no one deserves this and I think it’s time I apologized for what I had done before.” Considering this for a moment, Faye was first to speak up. “What about the guards?” “My daughter and Rivan are… distracting them.” She muttered unhappily.

Realising what this entailed, the four would be quick to agree to her plan. First, Sky was to be taken out. Her reaching the top of the tank and taking her first breath of air in almost five days was slightly painful, but not reaching the extent of how it felt to dry off. Using the towels that had been laid by the side of the pool, she carefully removed as much water as possible when it began. Shoving the cloth between her teeth to limit any noise she could’ve made, it actually took a total of two agonizing minutes for her legs to return, they being numb and she almost couldn't force herself to use much less feel them. By this time, Nadia was already climbing out, Sky helping pull her out.

But as her gills were pulled above the water… the woman began to suffocate.

Not knowing what else to do, she pushed her back into the tank, waiting for her to resurface as Faye and Glen both joined her. The two able to get their legs back but experiencing as much discomfort as the she had. The other merwoman finally climbed out as well, introducing herself as Mia, she not needing to dry off to stand.

“Nadia can't get out…” Sky finally murmured, gesturing to her lover, clearly concerned.

Focusing on the feeling of Sky's head leaning against her own, Nadia took in her words and , despite it all, cracked a small smile whilst reaching for her lover's hand. "Yes... we will." Such a statement didn't seem to feasible at the moment, yet as the auburn-haird woman sat there, her long locks splaying outwards from where her head rested and gently swaying about as it floated freely in the water. Nadia tuned out the world, even glen and faye, as she closed her eyes again. If she was to die here of old age, starvation or what have you, Nadia had honestly accepted it by now. At the very least, she'd leave this place alongside her lover, or mayhaps shortly after, only to be reuinited with her in the afterlife, or so she believed. There were worse ways to die, she was certain. Though this would be a long a torturous spell, as long as she was here in Sky's arms, she nearly felt at peace with it all, though she knew things could be a lot better. This both made a small part of her hopeful, and a larger part of her despair more deeply. Yet, when she focused on the feeling of Sky being so close to her, all of that seemed to wash away in these quiet, still waters, replaced with a relatively calm mind, mostly blank and she drifted in and out of conciousness under the effects of the pain still present within her body.

Nadia spent the day more or less staring into space (or, more accurately, water), while clinging to Sky since she was about all that was keeping her sane (maybe even vice-versa.) Every now and then, she looked over at Faye and Glen, hoping she could do something for them, offer some encouraging words at the very least. But, for the first time in forever, she had no encouraging words to give; they just didn't come to her.

Nadia, having grown very accustomed indeed to being one of the onl four beings in this tank, found herself backing up as far as she could into the corner and into Sky's side simultaneously, watching the stranger float down. Why was such a young girl put in here?

Then, she began to struggle for air and Naida felt a need to help her. When she tried to move, however, tail tail protested so that she cried out in pain, it being utterly excruciating to move absolutely any of her muscles past where her human skin ended and the fish scales began. Glen was to the rescue, though. Nadia stared up and found a bit of relief hitting her as the girl was safe. She didn't deserve to die as some sort of bait for these four. "You did a good thing.." she barely managed to say to him, forcing a smile. Sky would know that, given her tail not making it so hard to move, Nadia likely would've been there faster than Glen if she could've been. As Sky brought everyone's attention to the possible reason for this madness, Nadia's eyes widened, before she felt even more despair-stricken than before. If they truly sent some unsuspecting young girl down here out of what Nadia aassumed to be pure, unfettered curiousity, knowing the risk to her life, these people really were the absolute most black-hearted, evil scum Nadia had ever seen in her life. She remined ailent, resting against Sky's chest again once things settled down again, feeling that there was nothing she could say in this situation that would help anyone at all. She fell asleep against Sky's chest for the umpteenth time, staying that way until she would be awakened later.

Later that night, Nadia was stirred by her lover's all-too-familliar nudges, being quite the heavy sleeper. Eyes groggily opening, her vision clear, and a moment later she froze in terror at the sight before her. Within her mind flashed horrid visions of how she'd been turned... and it had been clear that, rather than turning her, this woman had intended to kill her. Wrapping her arms and shifting her body in front of Sky, she transfixed the pureblooded Siren with a challenging look, as if to say she'd never touch Sky unless she went through her. What was she going to do, drown her again? Her common sense had dissapppeared in this momentdue to all this trauma so, despite her tail still not being in the best condition at all, she'd gladly do her best to defend sky if the woman even looked at her in suspicious way. Thankfully, she didn't have to be so foolish, as the woman explained. Nadia didn't believe her at frist, of course, yet her tone was clearly sincere. When she explained that her daughter and the other young Siren girl wereputting her lives at risk, however, Nadia felt the sadness and sincerity in her words, and in that moment decided that she'd trust her, just this once.

The next few minutes were spent slowly swimming upwards, her heart pounding in anticipation of the pain, fear of i.t. But she had to get out of here, she had to push through. Seeing that even Sky was in pain, this fear only worsened, couple of course with deep sympathy for her. However, it was soon her turn. She took a deep, shaky breath of water, lifting her head above and smiling when Sky, clearly okay, rushed to help her out.

suddenly, however, she felt her body sieze up, her mouth open in an "o" like a full-blooded fish out of water. Her lungs burned intensely, and she found herself falling back into the water and taking a long, deep breath of it, eyes widening in fear afterward. S Was she doomed to be stuck here now? How? panic setting in, she tried desperately to calm herself, and barely managed. This really sucked, but, she knew Sky wouldn't leave her here. And now, she was free. She found herself pushing her head above water again, weakly alling after her lover. "Sky..." she said. 'Go... come back for me if you can but, if you can't... be free.. for me..." Her face assumed the most deeply sad, melancholic expression. They were engaged, but it seemed that fate only wanted one of them to escape this hell. If this is what needed to happen for Sky to be free, though... Nadia would bear it. However, in the back of her mind, she felt that there had to be some other way out. If she could find it, she'd take it, and be reunited with Sky again whatever it took.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
“Ugh don’t be so dramatic.” Mia would grumble, taking one of the towels and submerging it in the water. Not wasting any time, she would drag Nadia out of the water, wrapping it around her gills and instructing Glen to carry her. It would feel as if she were struggling to breath, but be enough to keep her alive, for now at least.

They began to move towards to boat launch now, the three who had been able to walk struggling to do so as their legs were numb and stiff. “You can’t stay on the island. Not for now at least with these people going to be looking for you.” That was Mia’s explanation for diving into the ocean without a second thought, the other three quick to follow before they were caught.

Following the merwoman, which was difficult as the moonlight barely penetrated the water’s surface, they swam for an exhausting length of time. But finally they would reach what looked to be a cave of some sort, and when swimming inside, there would be a large ledge with various things in waterproof crates stacked along the walls. Food, fresh water, sleeping bags… anything and everything they needed to stay down here for the time being was in this little camp.

Mia would simply surface and watch as the three would climb out with a bit of delight almost, Nadia able to slide on a small shelf of shallow water beside them, her gills remaining submerged. “How’d you find this?” Glen asked, looking towards her. “I was raised in the nearest kingdom.” She replied. “The one that are still currently looking for you.” She gestured to Sky, she giving a sheepish glance downwards. “Regardless, I’ll come back every few days and tell you all when it’s safe to return and or bring more supplies when necessary.” With that she would dive back under, exiting their little hideout.

Sky was the first to stand with the help of the rock wall of the medium sized cave, looking around their shelter with a small smile, which only grew as she saw there was a small portable shower set up hooked up to a reasonably large store of fresh water and a heater. “DIPS!” She shouted, moving towards it as fast as possible, grabbing one of the bars of soap and bottles of shampoo that had been provided.

Soon Faye, Glen, and Sky had all taken a small shower, it still feeling like heaven to be clean. Sky had apologized numerous times to Nadia, knowing that her doing anything of the sort of was basically out of the question.

Now they lounged on their sleeping bags, staring up at the ceiling in the battery-powered lamp light. Faye finally softly speaking up. “Did… all that really just happen?” Glen would confirm her question. “Yeah… despite how crazy it seems we were being held captive by the government because we aren’t human.” Sky would groan, burying her face into her pillow. “When did my life devolve into a shitty teen novel?”

When Mia simply responded to her heartfelt words with dismissal and finding a way, if a rather frightening one as Nadia felt like she should barely breath enough to stay concious and her gills burned for more water, she realized that she'd been so caught up in her despair that she wasn't thinking of a soulation. She didn't have her head on straight. Realizing this, she looked up at Mia and wheezed a "thank you." Then, she looked over at Sky and thought, 'We will get married, dammit... I promise...'
When she heard Mia say they couldn't stay on the island, Nadia felt sad, yet a small part of her felt excited for what may be to come. Looking around, Nadia realized they'd neared the boat launch, and at first, she was filled with dread. Then, she remembered what had happened to her when she'd been taken out of the tank. Namely, nothing. Was it truly such a bad thing to be stuck in this form? She wouldn't be able to enjoy so many things about being human, but, now, at least, she didn't have to be in pain in order to enjoy life in the water. A normal human marriage, or hell, life, was impossible for her unless she found some way around this, but she found herself thinking.... did she really need all of that? As long as she had Sky, she'd be fine, she realized.
As she was set into the water, and began to, with less and less pain every second, swim further and further down, she realized that she was now free, and for the first time in a long time, she smiled. Slightly, weakly... but she still smiled. Catching up to Sky as best she could, she took the teal-haired woman's hand and swam with her, the pain from all those transformations now nearly gone. Her tail did begin to feel sore simply beca
Once the four of them (or, the three-and-a-half of them, more accurately) climbed out of the water within the cave, Nadia's eyes widened. Had Mia set this place up herself? Of course, Nadia wished that she could get out of the water herself, but at least she had a good vantage point on the place in the form of the shelf of seemingly perfect height for her to look around. Propping her elbows up on the rock, she watched everyone go about unwinding after everything, sighing a little as she saw the shower and wished she could step in. Seeing how relieved Sky was to be clean (not to mention how beautiful she looked afterwards) made Nadia happy though, and thus every time Sky apoligized she smiled and dismissed Sky's worry, endeared by her empathy.
Later that night , Nadia was resting on the ege of the pool, having asked for a pillow and for Sky to move her sleeping bag closer so that she could get as close as possible to falling aslee with her like they had back at thier apartment. Nadia found herself giggling a little despite herself when Sky asked how her lived devolved into a shitty teen novel. "I don't kow, but I'm definitely seeing some paralells there... maybe this really is just a dream, since its so surreal, and someday we'll wake up and just be normal humans before all this ever happened... nice to think about, anyway."
She went silent for a while, but then got to thinking as they all relaxed. "Hey Sky... Y'know, assuming we can't figure out how to get my legs back... we'd have to never go back to shore again to stay together. Would... you be able to live with that?" She asked, her nerves and uncertainty clear as she reached over and slid her hand into Sky's.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
“I wish it were all a dream.” Faye muttered, lying beside Glen, the two falling silent as Nadia asked Sky her next question. This.. made her fall silent. Squeezing her lover’s hand as she began to speak. “Nadia, the day you found me out on the deck, your dad had came. He… he gave me something he wanted me to drug you with. I have no idea what it was for, so I didn’t… but I think it might’ve been to prevent… this.” She would gesture towards her snake tail. “But if it would’ve been a cure, I didn’t just want to take this from you, as I know how much you enjoy it.”

She would turn onto her side, facing her lover as she spoke. “Its your decision, and if you would like to… stay like this then I’ll support you.” She gave a fatigued smile before the lamp was shut off. “Lets all try to get some sleep.” Glen would finally say, the women not bothering in protesting.

They slept for quite some time, Faye, Glen, and Sky all thankful to be able to do so outside of the water. Even though the cave was enclosed, it was still cool regardless with electric battery-powered fans circulating the air about keeping the environment relatively cool.

Back at the aquarium, Trent was more than pissed off. He had returned early that morning to find that his four species were gone, their only trances being a few soaking wet towels, and faint trail of water leading off of the edge of the boat launch. “I want them found, dammit.” He would snarl towards his agents. “Get divers, boats, hell.. Fucking ANYTHING out there. I’m not letting this slip away from me.”

They remained in their little hideout for a few days, they all finally calming down and loosening up somewhat, though growing bored of the stone walls. Yet while they reclined on their sleeping bags, the sound of the gently lapping water was interrupted by possible sounds of swimming and the feeling of being watched.

Nadia felt a wave of dread come over her when her lover had fallen silent, though it was subsequently, slightly calmed by her lover then looking into her eyes and squeezing her hand. She squeezed back, bit her lip, and listened carefully to what she had to say. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped from the moment Sky mentioned that Mr. Gilman himself had been behind this. As she continued to speak, her now-fully-merfolk lover only became yet more shocked than before. She fell silent for a few moments, trying very hard, in vain, to grasp it all. This drug could give her her legs back, it seemed…. But, there were two problems with that. One, she assumed the drug would’ve been hidden somewhere back at the apartment seeing as Sky had none of her possessions with her at the moment. That would be risky to get to anytime soon. Besides, it was one or the other. Being able to carry on their relationship on land, the way they always had, was very appealing in its own right, but… there was very much she enjoyed about her current form. It was… a decision she wasn’t truly sure about yet, but, it would likely not be one to be made for a while yet regardless.

Once she’d had a moment, she smiled back gratefully, leaned out of the water a little more and gave Sky a brief, yet passionate kiss. “Thank you Sky…. I understand why you kept this information from me, and I honestly thank you for that too... I will have to think it over, though…” Once the lights were out, Nadia said her goodnights to everyone before submerging, the water becoming an all-encompassing blanket of sorts as she slept, relatively peacefully all things considered.

The next few days went by very slowly for Nadia, and everyone else she imagined. She wondered when they were going to decide to move on, as staying here indefinitely would both be horridly cabin-fever-inducing and wholly implausible: they’d run out of necessary supplies before long. She decided to (begrudingly) trust Mia to decide when and in what direction they moved, however, seeing as she was the only one here who knew anything at all about the surrounding seas. Nadia spent her time with Sky as much as she could, of course, even coaxing her to submerge with her at times whilst the others were hanging out within the cave, so that the lovers could be alone for a little while.

Alas, the peace and quiet they all enjoyed was suddenly interrupted by the sounds of something swimming towards this little pocket of air, and by extension into the very pool Nadia had been resting in as usual, leaning out of the side. “Uuh, guys… I think… I feel a slight disturbance in the water below me… does… someone want to come help me check it out?”

Meanwhile, a group of seven merfolk, with tails of various shapes, colors and sizes, decided to investigate this odd passage they had found, hoping to mayhaps find a safe haven of their own. Heading up the group of nomads was a woman with a great white shark’s tail, a fin on her back and matching sharp teeth. Her hair was a stark white as well, oddly enough, her eyes a deep, almost void-like blue. Next to her was a male with a mottled grey tail assembling an electric eel’s, his eyes a yellowish color and his hair black. “This place looks…. Unnatural,” the eel-man coolly commented. “Who do you think could’ve made it, Veshira?” “Not a clue,” the shark woman hissed, before sniffing the. water, her eyes narrowing. ‘It’s occupied, Dren. Four or five. Their scents are… off. Merfolk, but… different. All except for one.” The Eel named Dren, nodded as he gestured for everyone to move more carefully. “Be ready for a fight… but if they’re willing to talk… maybe we could work out something beneficial for us all.”
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky would have move towards the edge of the water. “I’ll go check, stay here.” Sliding in she would wait a moment as her tail formed (which was much easier after a few days of remaining dry) before slipping underwater and and swimming towards the entrance. But as she neared it, she saw the small band of seven merfolk waiting for her. Giving a yelp of surprise, she would instantly turn around, one of them giving chase as she rushed back.

“Pull me up!” Sky cried as she reached the ledge, Glen and Faye moving to do so, her pursuer having already grabbed her tail and was tugging her back under. But they did manage to get her onto the shelf, the other merfolk quickly returning to the cave’s mouth.

“What was that?” The biologist asked, handing Sky a towel. “There’s… a lot of them out there…” She would say in between breaths, drying off. “They’re all sharks, eels… predators mostly. And they seem to want to come in here for whatever reason.”

And they did.

Who they assumed their leader to be, a shark-like woman, surfaced near the ledge. Sky instantly scooting back with Faye as she did. Next to her appeared the eel and another shark, the terrifying group looking around and upon them with a bit of curiosity tinged with hostility. “You.” The eel said, pointing to Sky. “What would a royal be doing all the way out here?” “Royal?” She asked, shaking her head. “Just because I can walk on land doesn’t mean I’m one of them.” The woman frowned. “Then what are you three? Your scent is foul.” The shark’s voice was grating and rough. “We were all human before.” Glen spoke up. “Impossible.” She responded. “Any humans reborn are to lose their memories.” “Well, that isn’t happening.” Sky muttered.

They spoke for a small amount of time more before they gestured towards the blue-haired woman, asking for her to grow her tail once more. Not bothering with protesting, although clearly being hesitant, she would do so. But as soon as she did, she was dragged underwater rather roughly. Now held up against the stone by the eel, the shark-woman would watch her tail form for herself.

Sky was restrained while they poked, prodded, and pulled on it. The shark even ripping off one of her scales (which did hurt more than one would think) and put it on her tongue as if to confirm something. “They aren’t lying…” She said partially to herself, allowing the woman to go free, swimming to the surface but instead of getting out completely would move back to lie beside her lover on her small shelf.

Momentarily the group left, swimming back out to the cave’s entrance. Here out of earshot they discussed.

“This is what we’ve been wanting, Veshira.” Dren hissed. “They could give you life back, and I could only join you this time.” Veshira nodded slowly. “We just need to lead them to the altar… then once the ritual is complete, we’ll be walking on land before they could even realize what was stolen from them.”

They would return to the cave, and offering a proposition (of leading them to a much more habitable and safer place) would promptly leave so they could consider alone.

Sky was still nestled up against Nadia, her snake tail entwining around her own as she thought about what had been said. It almost seemed… too good to be true, based on how the group of misfits appeared. If they knew of somewhere better, then why were they here of all places? Seven was a bit large for a scavenging party.

“I’m not sure about this…” She would say slowly after a period of silence. “But we can’t say here forever.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back