• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic An Unfortunate Displacement in Time

DergTheDergon

Huggles fo all :3
The last few Daystar cycles had been, to put it very lightly, unfruitful for Samson. He had not only lost his target, but he had made a rookie mistake and let his guard down in a hangar likely full of all types of shady individuals. As a result, he was broke again. To make matters worse, someone had turned him into the local authorities of the last planet he'd visited, forcing him to make a Faster Than Light jump to get away. Now, he was left with a burned-out FTL drive, little remaining oxygen and food, and very little else in a remote corner of the galaxy he knew almost nothing about.

Sighing, he leaned back in his captain's chair, taking another drag of his cigarette. He knew it was foolish to smoke in these conditions, but he was pretty sure he was going to die out here by now anyway.

He suddenly picked up an odd energy signature on his radar, causing his weary green eyes to snap into focus. He gasped at the readings as they were calculated by his ship's sensors. They were off the charts! Furthermore, they seemed to be coming from a nearby planet. He sat back and considered his options for a moment. If whatever could put out that much power was hostile, he would likely be walking into a suicide mission. However, if it was some kind of powerful technology that he could get his hands on, he'd be back in business. His heart racing, he decided to take the big risk like he always did and commenced the procedure for landing on an uncharted planet.

Barreling through the atmosphere, his eyes widened at what he saw: Overgrown ruins as far as the eye could see, as if a whole civilization died out. Ensuring he was heading towards that energy signature, he carefully lowered down as best he could. Unfortunately, his landing was not the smoothest; he hit one of the craft's wings on a tree limb and almost spun out of control. Thankfully, he was able to, just barely, land the craft in one piece.

What he saw as he exited astonished him, causing him to stop in his tracks as his disheveled crimson hair swayed in the breeze. There was some sort of metal capsule here, something that he could tell just by looking at it was not suited to travel through space... but it had to be whatever was causing that energy signature. Furthermore, there was some sort of figure he could just barely see inside of the capsule, which seemed to have opened on its own. A lone living being. Curiously and very cautiously, Samson approached, shielding his eyes from the odd smoke and dust this contraption had apparently either produced, stirred up or both. With his metallic claw, he pried the door the rest of the way open, revealing a female of a species he'd never quite seen before. He marveled at her for a moment, just staring, unaware that she was waking up.

MissOwlish MissOwlish

Last edited:
The first thing Nicole did as she returned to the realm of consciousness was run her hands down across her body, making sure that she was, in fact still completely intact. Another quick check ensured that she still had her few weapons on her and although they hadn't been much help to her on the ship, she still wanted to keep them close at hand. Once that was out of the way, she cracked open her chocolate eyes and, while keeping them narrowed due to the dust, began to examine her surroundings.

The small pod she had been shot out inside from the spaceship was only barely intact around her, leaving her to wonder how she had survived the crash without dying herself. As her eyes adjusted to the light inside the pod, she noticed that one of the walls seemed to have been pulled back to reveal something, or someone towering over her.

She moved quickly, using her instinct to lead her forward as she smashed her shoulder into the creature's abdomen and rolled away, landing hard on the dirt outside the pod. It only took her a second to push herself up to her feet, her hands fumbling around behind her back as she tried to remove her glock from the band of her sweat pants.

"What in the hell are you supposed to be?" She demanded, her hands by shaking ever so slightly from fear, "And where am I?"

As the alien female began to move, seeming to inspect the rest of her body with her hands carefully, Samson stepped back just slightly whilst keeping his green eyes locked with her closed, dark brown eyelids, anticipating the reveal of the biological ocular apparatuses beneath. Samson found himself reaching for his weapon, nearly subconsciously, yet refrained and pulled his claw away from the rifle on his back to hopefully quell the quite high possibility of hostility from the dark-skinned alien when she opened her eyes.

Unfortunately, the shock of seeing him alone the moment her eyelids parted to reveal the time and place she found herself in was clearly more than enough to provoke hostility.

Samson let out a pained grunt as the wind was knocked out of him, however, he did not so much as stumble. Drakkan have great balance after all, and in addition, he clearly was quite a bit taller and heavier than the alien. He had survived thus far by never underestimating an opponent, however, and so he stood rigid, raising his claws in a practiced motion and shifting his feet in order to dodge any attack leveled at him. He was caught off guard, but began to calm and think the situation through more clearly once it was clear that she was, very understandably, even more shaken up by this encounter herself. Samson's plan, for now, was to, some way or another, subdue her or calm her down, then figure out what he wanted to do with her.

As she spoke, Samson's eyes and jaw both opened wide for a moment in astonishment. "You speak Common..." There was speculation that the common language used across many different species at present originated from the most prominent language of a species that purportedly went extinct millennia ago. There were very ancient-looking ruins surrounding the pair as they stared each other down... could she somehow be a surviving member of this race? He'd surely never even heard of a creature quite like her. But if that was the case, how had she survived? Was the capsule she had emerged from some variety of stasis pod? Even... a time machine? Surely not the latter... no such technology had been successfully developed to his knowledge. All of these thoughts raced through his brain in mere milliseconds, yet clearly and individual from each other. Drakkan brains had evolved to be among the fastest to process all sorts of information, as well as form connections faster than any other race as far as common scientific knowledge was aware at this point in time.

Realizing after a few short moments had passed that he was simply staring blankly at her as she seemed to fish for some sort of weapon, he began to answer her question as calmly as he could. She would find his voice raspy and strangely accented. "I am Drakkan. Clearly, ignorance of the other's species is something we share. You are... among the ruins of a great civilization, it would seem. I know no details, unfortunately. I came here to investigate odd energy signatures that seem to be radiating from your being. Quite curious..." indeed, the sensors built into his cranial impants were detecting electronic signatures of immense strength coming from a small, concentrated point somewhere on this woman's person, likely a small device of some sort. The kind of device that he could likely sell for a fortune, or better yet, learn how to create more of and build a criminal empire the likes of which no one has ever seen. He smiled at this romantic thought, before bringing himself back to the present. "Regardless, I've no intent to harm you... and I believe you will find me difficult to harm as well. I detect that the weapon you were searching for moments ago uses solid ammunition, which I am shielded against with an invisible forcefield." He smirked. Those sensor implants were really coming in handy now. In truth, she could indeed kill him with a well-placed shot, but lying was effective in these sorts of situations, he found.

"So, what will it be?" He continued. 'Act foolishly? Or cooperate?" He smirked again, impressed at himself for regaining and maintaining his composure during this encounter.

MissOwlish MissOwlish

Last edited:
Even as the thing before her spoke, Nicole was busy trying to find a path of escape before things went too far beyond her control. If there was one thing in the world she hated more than anything else, it was not having control of how something went down when she was so personally involved. Several ideas ran through her mind as examined the so called 'Drakkan' that stood before her and wondered if he was speaking the truth about being immune to her bullets.

The idea of simply shooting the creature and making a break for it was tempting, to say the least, but it didn't seem all that logical. Even if the creature had lied, Nicole doubted her glock would do too much damage to him, and on the off chance that it did, where did she plan to go? Without any answers, she decided that the only thing left for her to do was humor him, at least for the time being. Besides, there could always be a chance for her to shake him and take off on her own in order to find out how to get back home.

"I'm not about to cooperate with some giant dragon reject who missed his casting call for a J.R.R Tolkien film!" Nicole snapped sharply, her voice dripping with contempt. She wasn't sure if it was the fact that he seemed so calm that made her want to despise him, or the fact that he seemed to be comfortable with everything around him but her. Whatever it was, it was certainly bringing her blood to a boil, which almost always meant trouble.

"No wonder you're out here all by yourself! I mean, look at you! You don't even have real hands!" Nicole smirked at him as she pointed to his clawed appendages mockingly. "You carry a gun, but if you tried to pull it off your back you'd just drop it. I mean, how could you hold onto it? No doubt it would just drop to the ground the second you tried. And the whole 'energy signature' thing, was that meant to scare me?"

locking eyes with the woman, Samson kept his head held high and his posture slightly hunched forward as he scanned her eyes, waiting for her to make a move. She opted to speak instead, smart as far as the half-dragon in front of her was concerned. However, the words that spewed forth from her mouth caused his eyes to instantly narrow, and he leaned forward even more, his cocky grin gradually turning into an angry frown, more intense every second. He didn't know who the hell J.R.R. Tolkien was or what in the galaxy a "film" was, but the woman's tone conveyed the intent of her words as a nasty insult loud and clear. By the time she paused after that first insult, his face was inches away from hers, and angry snarl on his face revealing his sharp teeth, and his shoulders trapping herr. This technique worked to shut up pretty much any bad-mouther he'd ever encountered, but not her.,

Her next insult was the final straw. He fiercely pushed himself up from the pod he'd been digging his claws into at that point, and just to prove himself, rested the heavy rifle from his back with just onehand, effortlessly twirling it around once before standing still so she could admire the weapon's grip. Of course, it had been designed specifically for Drakkan hands, with indents for the claws and a much wider grip than a human firearm. "What was that?" He said, smugly, cooly. He took a deep breath, and smoke came out of his nostrils. He was so angry that the Ancestral Fire was welling up within him, however he knew that losing it could lose him the breakthrough he so desperately needed. "You have much to learn, woman... firstly, I am alone because my crew was killed. Secondly, I could spend hours debunking everything that was wrong with what you've said, but I need whatever's on you, or in you, that's causing my sensors to act up. I wasn't kidding about that, but if it scared you, good. You should be afraid. Now..." he pointed the gun straight at her. "My ship. Get up and start walking." He gestured over his shoulder. 'If you cooperate, I might let you free." He lightly began to squeeze the trigger, his tail waving wildly behind him in frustration as he waited for her to get up.

MissOwlish MissOwlish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back