• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

An Unexpected Adventure

The staff of Incheon International Airport had been very accommodating and had given them a private room to stay in as they waited for the planes to land. One by one and from different parts of the world, the competition winners had arrived with their chaperones, and Hyun-Wan had spent hours already waiting with them and talking with them all - and secretly wishing to have brought some ear plugs because these girls (and most of the fans were teenage girls, the oldest being seventeen) had loud voices. Seriously loud voices. He hoped that he retained his hearing by the end of the day otherwise he would have serious trouble in the upcoming week.

"Yes, we have a good amount of things planned." He said for the fifth time that evening, and still the fangirls were hanging onto his words. They seemed more impressed by his accented English than what he was actually saying. "You shall not be bored. I am only sorry that I can't be there all the time." Not the complete truth, but who cared? The girls were happy and squealing once more.

Hyun-Wan sighed and silently prayed to the gods that the last competition-winner would show up quickly because he didn't think he would be able to survive this for much longer. Nor did he think that his company would allow him to sit here for much longer either. It was amazing that Bon-Hwa, his manager, had managed to free up this much time in the first place. Bon-Hwa was currently trying to entertain the various chaperones (four mothers and one single embarrassed but amused father) and he couldn't go and check if the plane was coming soon. And there was no way that Hyun-Wan would ever leave without Bon-Hwa by his side to help him fight off rabid fangirls and paparazzi.

"What exactly will we be doing?" the oldest fangirl asked.

"I am not certain. I know some of it will be to visit the Myeongdong and Bongeunsa Temple, and you will go to Gyeongbokgung Palace too. Some of it will be to come with me to work. But you will have a lot of free time to do what you want too." That last part of the what he said went over their heads as they were squealing over going to work with him. Hyun-Wan was glad that all the chaperones would get a pamphlet with the itinerary otherwise they would have had to chase teenage girls down all around the hotel.

"I am sorry, but I have just had confirmation that the plane has arrived." Bon-Hwa spoke up. "Our last members should be here very soon. I shall go and get them. I am sorry, please excuse me." And with that he left, carrying a sign under one arm that would make it easier to spot him.

Hyun-Wan wanted to beg Bon-Hwa not to leave him alone here with the fangirls, but it was too late and Bon-Hwa was already gone.

"Bianca. I swear. Listen to me."

Della sighed, hoisting all 3 bags her sister had insisted to bring onto her shoulder. She groaned, holding her passport between her teeth as the two sisters stepped out onto the aerobridge. Reaching almost six and a half feet in the air, her head almost skimmed the top of the jetwalk. The ton of luggage she carried wasn't easing the situation, either.

Bianca giggled, carrying her notebook, phone and camera close to her chest as she skipped in circles around Della.

"I'm going to meet Hyuuuuuunnn, I'm going to mee-"

Della dropped the baggage to the ground and grabbed Bianca by her fiery-red hair.

"Bianca Marie Louis. You will not be meeting anyone unless you listen to me."

Della gave a satisfied smirk; she had Bianca's attention now.

"I need to set out some rules. Mom and Dad agreed on these before we left. They're the only reason we're going to be able to stay."

Bianca rolled her eyes, turning her back to Della. She hurled a few swear words towards her elder sister, obviously implying that she wouldn't hear any of it.

"Fine then. Excuse me, sir? I hate to say this bu-"

"No! I'll listen!"

Della smirked once more, pulling a manga out from Bianca's backpack and held it up like a Bible during the presidential inaugural ceremony.

"Swear on it."

xx

"There it is, there it is! The sign says 'Louis'!"

Bianca screeched, drawing glares from almost everybody else in the airport. Della cupped a hand over Bianca's mouth, casting an apologetic smile towards the fellow travelers. She bent down as they stepped into the elevator, whispering something into Bianca's ear. It seemed to work, because a calm spell was cast over the fangirl.

An eternity later, the elevator opened and Bianca dashed out towards the man holding the sign.

"Hi, Hi! My name is Bianca Louis, and over there is my sour-face sister named Della Louis. She's my chaperone. Yeah, I know, she looks young, but my mom always says that she's wise beyond her years. Whatever that means. She's 23. C'mon, Delly, show the guy your passport!"

Della groaned for what seemed the millionth time today, dropping the luggage behind her sister.

"I apologize for the rude introduction," Della snapped, glaring down at her petite sister. "I'm Adella Louis, but people call me Della. Here's the I.D.."

She flipped through her passport. Smiling, Della brought the picture up to her face for comparison.

While the two had their exchange, Bianca had different plans. The 13-year-old child grabbed her backpack off of the mound of luggage, and darted towards the direction where the other contest winners had gathered.

"Shi- Crap! I am so sorry, sir, here-" she smiled, pressing a few won banknotes into his hand.

Then, Della took off after her sister.

xx

"Bianca Marie Louis!"

Della shouted for the second time today, reaching out to capture the shoulder of her sister. Failing, she missed by a few inches, and faceplanted onto the ground.

Meanwhile, Bianca made her way to the center of the crowd, shouting out phrases in Korean that Della could only guess what they meant.

@redletalis

Hyun-Wan could hear the new arrival from far off. Even amongst the group of fangirls, their chaperones and the sheer amount of people otherwise to be found in the airport. Looking over the heads of the fangirls, he spotted a tiny girl going crazy in the throng of people, practically throwing people left and right and out of her way, while another woman followed, encoumbered by far too many bags to be legal. The second that the fangirl reached their group, the older woman faceplanted on the floor. Hyun-Wan was practically bowled over by loud, very broken Korean, and Bon-Hwa hurriedly stopped to help the unfortunate woman up.

Not really able to keep up with the sheer amount of chatter, Hyun-Wan held up his hands and smiled and waited for the girl to get the damn hint and shut up. "Please," he said in English once she finally did, "please calm down. We will have a lot of time together, and I thank you for coming. Now that we are all here, let us please go to the cars that will take us to the hotel. Once there we will have some time to relax and freshen up. After that we will eat dinner together and get to know each other better, and Bon-Hwa will go through the schedule for the week once more."

Even Hyun-Wan was at the hotel, although in a better and bigger room than the guests. He wasn't going to let these fangirls near his home, and it was simply easier to operate out of the hotel for the following week. At least it was a good and comfortable hotel.

"Yes, please, let us go. Does anyone need help with their luggage?" Bon-Hwa asked as the other chaperones and fangirls started picking up their luggage.

"Ooooh.."

Della groaned, standing up with the aide of the man she had previously conversed with. A thick stream of blood was now running from her nose to her chin, threatening to dribble down onto her shirt. She casted yet another apologetic smile to the man and pressed a hand to her face, hiding the crimson fluid from view. She was filled with rage towards her younger sister, who was now shooting googly-eyes towards her idol.

Bianca nodded at Hyun-Wan's words, although not a single one of them was processed in her mind.

"Your voice is as dreamy as it is when you're singing.."

Bianca mused, blushing a deep scarlet.

"Bianca."

If looks could kill, Bianca would be six feet under by now.

The older sister grunted, abandoning her bags and grabbed her sibling with an iron grip.

"You will not leave my sight during the duration of this trip. If I have to warn you one more time, I will buy a ticket for you to go back home to Wisconsin, and one for me to go to Fiji. Using your trip money."

Della hissed, before smacking her sister in the side of her head with Della's passport.

"Um, excuse me?"

The tall girl asked, hoping not to draw too much attention to herself and her injury.

"Well, um, I don't want to be a bother, but,"

She stuttered, looking down at the ground.

"She needs help with her bags."

Bianca supplied, and for once today, Della was glad for her little sister.​

"Yes, of course. One moment." Bon-Hwa ducked out for a second and grabbed a hold of one of the people who worked at the airport. The airport employee took all the bags from Della and Bon-Hwa handed Della his own handkerchief. "Please use this for now. At the hotel I shall call a doctor if the bleeding hasn't stopped. If your head aches then I have something I can give you once we reach the cars."

Hyun-Wan carefully herded the rest of the group through the back corridors of the airport, helped along by some of the employees that opened doors for them. All in all they did pretty well and no one actually spotted them or realised who Hyun-Wan was before it was too late and they were out of sight. The cars - two big, dark, sleek, shining vans and one equally as sleek Jaguar - had been parked as close to the entrance as possible.

"Please leave your bags here for the drivers to load and get into the cars." Hyun-Wan luckily had his own car to get into with Bon-Hwa.

While the fangirls and chaperones left their stuff and decided which cars they were going to ride in, and the drivers started loading the baggage, Bon-Hwa hovered over Della. "Please, ride with us. You and your little sister. It will be faster and far more comfortable for you. I apologise for this happening."

Having hoped for some silence and respite from fangirls, Hyun-Wan could barely keep back a groan at that but he did put on a smile. "Yes, please ride in my car. It will be a bit faster than the vans. They will take a more scenic route to the hotel and it will take about half an hour longer if the traffic doesn't hinder them. Otherwise it will take up to an hour. Please, come with us. I isist."

"N-no, I don't want to be a hassle.. Plus, I'm sure Bianca would prefer to be with her other fangi-"

"We're coming."

Bianca smiled, nodding as if her words were the final say. Della gave an exasperated sigh, not in the mood to do any further arguing. She really didn't want to be in the same car as these people, considering that it might be rude for her to express her ignorance to Asian culture. The last thing Della wanted to do was to offend her hosts even more.

"Alright, if it isn't any hindrance to you.. Thank you for the opportunity."

Della smiled, fiddling with one hand on the hem of her skirt. Bianca gave a squeak of surprise, before hugging her sister tight around the waist.

"Ah- rule number 14: No touching."

Della exclaimed, detaching her little sister from her hips. Bianca sighed, and moved closer to her idol.

"Hiya! I'm Bianca, but you can call me love."

The little girl introduced herself to the star once more, a wide grin on her face.

Lame.. Della thought to herself.​

Hyun-Wan looked down at the girl and, well, blinked. He simply blinked for a moment before he managed to force out a good, natural-looking smile. Good gods, Western girls were so very forward! It was... surprising. And a bit disturbing really. She was far too young to start thinking about things like that, wasn't she? At least far too young to say it to someone who was over ten years older than her.

"Bianca it is, then. That is what you say in English, isn't it?" he asked and opened the door for her and her sister to get in. This was obviously going to be a complete and utterly horrible challenge. Heaven help him. "You will have to excuse me if I get something wrong in English, I don't get much chance to actually talk in your language and this will be a good opportunity to practice for me."

Bon-Hwa placed their baggage into the trunk and Hyun-Wan got into the front seat. A moment later Bon-Hwa got into the driver's seat and they were off, leaving the two vans behind to catch up when everything and everyone were aboard. Hyun-Wan took a moment to bid goodbye to the silence he had hoped for, before he turned around slightly in his seat to look at Della. "I hope your flight was comfortable?"

Bianca smiled up at her idol, having at least two feet in height difference between the two.

"No, no, it's okay. I have broken linguistic skills, too."

Della scoffed, pushing her sister into the vehicle with force. She would have to lecture her sister once more later tonight. She couldn't help but sigh at the thought of surviving the rest of this trip. Della was supposed to be relaxing on the beach of their sunny hometown, but she had to be dragged all across the ocean with her kid sister. Not to mention Bianca's crazy attitude. Della doubted that she would get much sleep for the duration.

It wasn't until she felt Hyun-Wan's gaze on her face that she looked down from the roof of the car. Sheepishly, she smiled in embarrassment.

"Yeah, it was pretty good, thank you. I mean, as good as it can get when you have her sitting next to you,"

"I'm sitting right here."

".. and I'm aware of that, Bianca."

Della shook her head at the child, before looking back at Hyun-Wan. In a softer voice, she spoke.

"I am really sorry about earlier.. She gets a little.. overzealous.. when something this is exciting goes on. I'm afraid to say she'll only get more loco for the rest of the trip."

"Loco? I don't know that word. What does it mean? Is it English?" Hyun-Wan admitted, but he could assume what she meant. Crazy. The girl certain acted like it, worse than the rest of the group of fangrils he was to spend his week with. Hell, right now she was acting worse than most other fans that Hyun-Wan had ever met in the entire time that he had been an entertainer, and he had met some crazy people. Maybe it was the inherant forwardness of Western women?

Bon-Hwa joined the highway and sped up considerably. "I'm sorry but I hope you two do not mind missing the tour that the others are getting. There will be more chances to see Seoul, and I will arrange a special tour for the two of you since you missed this one. It is just a drive through town, but Seoul is worth it. It is a very big city."

Hyun-Wan personally thought that Bon-Hwa was laying it on far too thick, but whatever. As long as he didn't have to carry the conversation all by himself all the way to the hotel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back