Story an old story. / / feedback welcome!

dazzling

blurry
hi all! just a quick note. this is (as stated) old, so i might post erratically since i'm still trying to pick up this plot. also sorry it's a bit hard to read, i'm fairly sure i broke the bbcode lol ~o~ again, feedback and constructive criticism is always welcome!
now, let the onslaught of typos begin.

[class=credit] width:50%; text-align:right; margin:auto; font-size:10px; color:gray; [/class] [class name=credit maxWidth=800px] width:99%; text-align:right; margin:auto; font-size:10px; color:gray; [/class] [class=contain] background:white; border:.5px solid lightgray; width:50%; height:auto; margin:auto; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class name=contain maxWidth=800px] background:white; border:.5px solid lightgray; overflow:; width:99%; height:auto; margin: auto; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class=box1] float:left; width:29.82%; height:300px; [/class] [class name=box1 maxWidth=800px] float:left; width:29.82%; height:300px; [/class] [class=pic] background-image:URL(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7b/79/c1/7b79c1ff06480743f9c6e9fc48b57f9c.gif); background-size:200%; margin:25px; height:255px; border:.5px solid lightgray; [/class] [class name=pic maxWidth=800px] background-image:URL(https://78.media.tumblr.com/fd87deac5e7f668033a1457f682253ca/tumblr_pahivaeyFJ1qkz08qo1_540.gif ); background-size:300%; margin:15px; height:265px; border:.5px solid lightgray; [/class] [class=box2] background:white; border-left:.5px solid lightgray; width:70.1%; overflow:hidden; height:300px; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class name=box2 maxWidth=800px] background:white; border:.5px solid lightgray; overflow:; width:70%; height:295px; margin: auto; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class=content] margin:15px;background:white;height:145px;border:.5px solid lightgray;padding:10px;line-height:10px;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;overflow:hidden;letter-spacing:1.5px; [/class] [class=header] height:auto; text-align:center; padding:20px; color:darkgray; font-size:24px; letter-spacing:3px; line-height:16px; border-bottom:.5px solid lightgray; background:white; [/class] [class name=header maxWidth=800px] height:auto; text-align:center; padding:10px; color:darkgray; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; border-bottom:.5px solid lightgray; background:white; [/class] [class=subtitle] line-spacing:0px; font-size:18px; [/class] [class=scroll] height:140px; padding-right:10px; overflow:auto; width:105%; [/class] [class name=scroll maxWidth=800px] height:140px; padding:10px; overflow:auto; width:90%; [/class]
[div class=contain] [div class=box1][div class=pic][/div][/div] [div class=box2][div class=header]

LILAC SKIES
[div class=subtitle]Chapter One[/div][/div] [div class="content"][div class=scroll]I'm not exactly sure where my story started, but I have a pretty good idea.

The girl that had called me from the lake gently placed a parcel in my outstretched hands. I was still dripping from the midday swim, and the cool beads of water running down my back sent chills racing up and down my arms. My eyes grazed over the manila envelope, a name neatly printed on the top corner in bright purple pen. The vibrancy of the lilac against the dull yellow drew my attention, and I read the name. "'For Maya Beckett.' Mm, sure is addressed to me..." I looked up at the girl to see her flicking a strand of red hair over her bare shoulder. Her dark olive skin made her look like an islander, but the heavy messenger bag slung across her shoulder and the fact I had never seen her before spoke otherwise. On such a small island, newcomers were rare and though I couldn't claim to know everyone, I think I would've noticed her gleaming red hair before.

She smiled at me expectantly, adjusting the taupe bag at her side. "Oh," I laughed, realizing she was still in front of me. "Thanks. Not to be rude, but who are you? I don't think I've seen you before," I said openly. The girl grinned brightly, as if she was used to this kind of response. A cold wave unexpectedly lapped over my foot, and I hopped back with a small yelp. She laughed, the honey sweet giggle ringing out over the empty morning beach. Warmth rolled off her in waves, and I couldn't help but be curious of her origins. Smiling at me demurely, the girl stepped forward to shake my hand. Too spellbound for a response, I locked in on her eyes. She stepped closer, flecks of mascara sitting in contrast to her lush brown lashes and warm freckles. Surprise gripped me as she shook my hand and I once more pulled myself back to reality. "Just call me the Messenger for now, or Hazel if you so desire," She trilled, giving an extravagant bow mockingly.

As she gave her bow, I curtsied back, giggling unwillingly, Hazel's pomp intriguing me. Smiling gracefully, she popped back up from the dip. "So, see you..." She glanced up at the clouds, seeming to search for something in their puffy white depths. "Whenever you have a package next, I guess!" I opened my mouth to reply, but she piped up before I could get a word out. "Anyways, I need to finish my route. Bye!" Hazel dashed off across the sand, thrusting her arm up in a wave back at me. Standing on the beach, my mouth hung open with unformed words inside. Gulping, the sand hugged my feet as I plopped down to examine my package. A name was neatly printed, the bright purple pen contrasting against the dull beige of the envelope. The vibrant lilac drew my eyes, and I gently traced the package while mouthing the name neatly printed in the corner; Mine.

Warm grains of sand shifted around my thighs as a cool breeze brushed my hair into a sort of halo. Pressing my nail under the lightly glued lip of the envelope, it popped open to reveal a baby blue corner of a piece of paper. I slid it out, the smooth pastel paper accented with more of the bright purple pen. Scanning lightly over the letter, a smile graced my face as I read the name signed conservatively at the bottom of the letter. Damn, I didn't think he would ever catch up with me... My smile grew as I remembered him. The boy who teased in the perfect way but was always close and fiercely protective. Nostalgia and yearning swirled deep in my stomach, though I had seen him merely a month ago. The letter was long, and I would have to read it later. Pushing up from my sandy spot, I padded over to my father's sailboat tied neatly to the rickety pier jutting from the gentle coast. Climbing on and grabbing a box next to the mast, I flicked open the rusted clasp. I gently placed the note on top of the pile of old memories and dreams before shutting the box closed.
[/i]
[/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=credit]云 / YUNN[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back