• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An OCC Turned to a Kingdom!

Aegon Manchester

Walking into the library, Aegon was greeted by a book hitting him in the chest. He was shocked at first that the book came out of seemingly nowhere as soon as he walked through the door, but he managed to catch it after it had bounced off of his chest, and he looked at it uninterested for a couple of seconds. Looking back up at his brother Ignis like it had never happened, Aegon spoke. "It's fine, Ig. Just came to see how you were doing. I don't see you a lot," Aegon paused to scratch his head with a cheesy smile, "I never feel like I have time for anything."

Aegon looked around, seeing his brother's mess. He couldn't help but notice the odor in the room, or the fact there was a large pile of books. A normal man would have been repulsed out of disgust-ion, but Aegon was used to keeping impulses from manifesting into a face of disgust or disagreement "Father sends his regards, Ig, he couldn't come by to see you today," the man informed, "Anyways, how've you been since our last talk? You don't seem to come out where I can see you often."

Mockingbird said:
Valkyrie

The princess returned her Father's smile with her own bright one. Nothing made her happier than to be flying on a dragon's back with her father....Well actually there were many things that made Val very happy. This one was just high on her list.

Valkyrie curiously watched her Father as he was obviously thinking over things. Though it may not seem like that to others, Val was very good at reading people...especially her family. She began to ponder about her own things when her Father asked her one of the most surprising questions of her life.

"A piece...of the throne?" Her eyes flickered in shock. Her.....having her own kingdom, ruling, being a QUEEN. It seemed just too good of an offer to pass! Any and all thoughts about marriage vanished. The flight that was making her so happy was replaced by a new form of joy. Queen Valkyrie....

"I am almost lost in words." The Queen-to-be breathed out. "To be offered a piece of the kingdom...that is too tempting to deny~!" That small dream she abandoned long ago came rushing back in an instant. This time it was real. Pride swelled in her chest, followed by a wild excitement. Wait till she told her dear older brother that soon she would be ruling beside him. In her shocked, joy filled mind all she could think about was how happy her family will be. If she gets one out of four pieces...that meant the other two siblings would rule a piece too~! No doubt they will get excited when she spilled the 'little secret'. Though in this overwhelmed state, rationality slipped in.

"Oh what do do...if I take this my dear role as a princess will be lost forever~! And just as I perfected the role~!" A dramatic sad sigh escaped her lips. "Father, tell me...what made you decide now? Why give me a piece of the kingdom?" The questions slipped out with true curiosity. "What part shall I get? I will gladly accept the offer though I am a tad curious, you understand right?" She raised an eyebrow. "If I am to get married then...would all the power be handed to my dearest husband like rulers before us? Or will I still maintain my position as I do here? Oh my, what ever am I going to do with my Mockingbird Chamber?" Valkyrie leaned back to stare at the sky. "So many preporations....so much work..." Her smiled curled. "How fun this will be~ Ah I say we throw a party when we return~! The grandest party of allllll~" Valkyrie sang out and she stretched out her arms, leaning forward to wrap them around he Emperor. "Thank you father. I shall not let you down."
Hunter let the small smile at his daughter grow, for he knew the rant to come. Val did what Hunter forgot to anticipate, taking the question as if it was immediate. "The details of marriage and your Mockingbird Chamber and the party... They are far down the line Princess. There are many reasons why I want to do this now, or at least soon. Let me explain a bit, before you become the grandest Queen of all." Hunter sighed when he realized what he meant, a sort of preparation for a late Emperor.

Arcay began to make her descent, finally breaking through the clouds that hid their view. Just behind them was the Southern Wall, bound in guards, artillery, and many other tricks to stop forces from the Swamps, but none were watching anything besides the dragon. They recognized it, and made no move to attack, but it was still awestriking to see it.

The dragon descend to the ground, landing where the soft plain met the unbearable Swamp. "Aegon got his piece a year ago. While he isn't fit to be an Emperor yet, he is becoming a great King day by day. Your brothers are young, but growing as well and will get a piece when your mother and I deem fit." Hunter turned, his soft smile returning as he talked about his children. "You, my little Mockingbird," Hunter gave a small reminiscent sigh at the name, "Have grown. And I feel no reason to let this lie in wait. I will be making you Queen of the South, soon.".

Hunter stood from Arcay, letting the dragon bring it's body down so he could get off easier. The Emperor turned to give his hand to the Princess, hoping to help her down.
"The South is a place of untamed woods and rivers, filled with enough for adventure for a young Queen like yourself many times over. It also has people who are usually far from my reach, and it would be beneficial to have someone to unite the families here. Lastly it is the front line for the rebellion, as you will most likely to be the first to encounter them," Hunter cast a disapproving glance towards the Swamp, almost blaming it for putting his family in danger. "I think the South is where you should be, but not too soon..."

Hunter would help the Princess down, letting her look upon the Southern walls she would soon be protecting. "You were worried of marriage and of your Mockingbird Chamber as a Princess, well you have good reason to worry. You're Mockingbird Chambers are something we have grown quite accustomed to, and while I sometimes flinch at the thought of some of your methods," The Emperor gave her a small, smug smile, "I would hate to lose that luxury of always having information. So, I've made preparations to build another in the South.".

The Emperor became a bit saddened as the next topic arose, pausing for a bit to regain his bearings. Arcay helped, bringing her head to the other side of his body. "As for marriage... No man can deem the power I gave you as theirs. You own it by blood, and while many would challenge this monarchy, I know you can handle the Queen position of the South, and if something ever happened; Empress position if it came down to that. But it is good to have someone to lean on, which is why we have been pushing for marriage."

"I want a few things done before I make you a Queen, a final show of your perfection of Princess.. First, I want the construction of the Mockingbird Chamber in the South completed. You are to take over when we get back to Allon, and you will also direct it from home. Two, I want your plan of how to improve our Southern defenses. That will be a presentation to the council, and the General of the South will be there to give his honest opinion. Three, you fill fight me and your brother to prove you haven't lost your touch in combat."
Hunter paused, looking at his daughter and hoping he wasn't relentless with these orders. He wanted to give this to her, the South, a new title, and a new challenge, all to spoil her. Val was his little girl, and seeing her grow hurt, but wanting her to grow was his job. Maybe that's why the final task hurt his innocence of her.

"And, finally, whenever you finish these then I ask you spend a month relieved of duties to search for a partner. I do not ask you rush to get married, but you will spend time being courted by men to see which catch your eye." Hunter smiled when he finished, happy that he decided against her getting married, but disheveled that he had to allow so many to court. "What do you think Val? I hope I am not asking too much of you." The Emperor turned, facing his daughter instead of the wall.

I can feel the ground pound past under Maisy's hooves, her muscles pumping vigorously and her head bobbing a bit with the effort. I ride atop her on a saddle, egging her to continue running all the while as my hair pricks on the back of my neck.

Behind us swarms a large mass of smokey darkness. It has limbs and heads and teeth and glowing, hungry eyes. The beautiful plains we are running across and forest off to the side are rapidly being eaten up by the swarm behind us as we thunder on. The creatures are turning the living land to dead wasteland as far as the eye can see, gobbling it up with each advancing foot. And the more seconds go by, the closer and closer they get to Maisy and I. Maisy is running her fastest, her short mane and tail blown back in the wind and the ground a blur. It isn't fast enough, though.

If only we can get to the mountains beyond. We should be safe there.

Maisy soon starts to transform into her dragon form, knowing she can travel faster that way. She is growing tired, but that is still the best way. Her body changes from her tan Appaloosa filly form to her blue Dragon form. Her enchanted saddle changes with it to fit her just in front of her shoulders, and I just move with it. Soon, we are off the ground and rocketing away. I feel safer, and I can tell that Maisy does as well. But she is also getting more and more tired by the second, and we need to land soon before she becomes too tired to fly.

I suddenly hear a yelp from Maisy, and look over just in time to see an arrow rip through Maisy's wing. My heart starts to pound as I see that, and I look over my shoulder to see if they are coming from the demonic creatures below. They are, and more and more are coming every second. Maisy starts to swerve at random in flight to try and dodge them, but to no avail. A screech soon splits the air as I realise an arrow has lodged itself into Maisy's shoulder. My heart drops, especially when a few others puncture other parts of her body.

Maisy looses her ability to fly because of the arrows digging into and ripping her muscles, so she plummets toward the ground. She tries to haul herself back up as my heart drops with her, but it doesn't work. As we fall, spinning in the air, I catch glimpses of the swarm closing in on us as our position remains stationary. They gain fast, and the closer we get to the ground, the closer they come, the more likely they will devour us whole and destroy-

With a violent jolt at what is now touching me, my eyes spring open. I feel fully awake, even though I just woke from sleeping. And on my hand I feel the rasping of a rough tongue.

I hesitantly look over to find Maisy in her cat form, vigorously licking my hand that is sitting atop the covers on my bed. When I look at her, she stops licking and looks up at me with worry in her feline eyes. She then meows loudly and jumps over to my head. I soon receive a few rubs on my face as she smothers me, meowing occasionally while purring. I was sleeping, but she could probably sense that I was having a horrible dream. It seems that she now feels the need to comfort me and make me feel better. I smile as I admit in my head that she has definitely accomplished her mission, and I roll onto my back and I reach over to rub her head. She stops rubbing me and pushes her head into my hand as she kneads the blankets. Thank the gods she is still alive, and that dream was not real. Oh, thank goodness.

"Thanks, Mais," I say to the happy kitty. "I'm better now. Your job is done."

Maisy meows loudly again then sits down, continuing to graciously accept my pets. After a few more, I lay back down and sigh. Maisy pauses for a second, then reaches over and starts to tap my arm with her paw the hesitant and soft way that cats do when they want attention. I love it when cats do that, as it's so adorable. I can't help but laugh at her begging actions, and I scratch her a bit more before I stand up and out of bed. Maisy stays sitting on my bed and blinks up at me, looking happy and content.

"Let's go for a walk, girl," I suggest after a yawn, looking at her over my shoulder. "I need to get some fresh air. That dream messed me up, so maybe a walk will help."

As I change from my sleeping clothes to my normal, everyday clothes, Maisy just sits there and watches me. I look over and smile at her curious facial expression occasionally, glad once again that my dream wasn't reality. Once finished changing, I gesture to her that we are leaving and say, "Come on, Mais. Lets head out."

Maisy is quickly at my side by the time I reach the door to the chamber. When I open it, she trots out ahead of me and I follow. After giving a nod to the guards stationed outside, I calmly walk down the corridors of the castle. I'm aiming for nowhere in particular, I just want to go somewhere. Maisy, obviously thinking the same, pads along next to me on the floor beside to my booted feet.

[QUOTE="Shadowborn Omen]Aegon ManchesterAegon finished up writing the letters, and waited for his guard to finish as well. He stacked the letters and stood up, walking over to the small box. He put the letters in it, where later another man would take them and send them by carrier pigeon to where they needed to go.

"Come. We're going back to the training room," he said, opening the door and walking out of it. Once they were both out in the hallway, the Young King continued. "Well, you're going to the training room. Start sparring with the other guards, one by one. Loser of the spar must start preparing the training area to fit all of the guards and generals, as well as room for proper swordplay," he informed, "Keep sparring, every time someone loses they also help prepare the training area. Final winner doesn't have to prepare. If you are truly better than the rest of the guards, you'll be lucky enough to train against everyone and not have to prepare the training area," Aegon rambled on his way to the training room.

"That training area better be prepared by nightfall, or the guard is going to have to bear with the punishment tomorrow," the Young King finished, walking up to the training room door. "Don't let them slack off, I know they tend to, but don't let them."

Aegon began walking down the hall again. The day should be more than halfway over, but there wasn't much else for him to do. He took the piece of paper his father had given to him out of his pocket to look at it. I'll get the artifacts later, he thought, first, my brothers could use a visit.

And with that, Aegon started towards the library, where he had no doubt his brother Ignis was.

[/QUOTE]
May/Mayson nodded as she finished her letters for him and put the letters in the small box before quickly getting up and following after him. "Of course your majesty... It will be done. I will no let them slack, I will work them with an Iron fist." she stated as she made her way to the training room door and walked in before calling the guards to attention and telling them of the task and what they must do. She got into a fighting stance and held her sword at ready. "So... Who's first eh?" she said while grinning a bit under her helmet.

---------

Eventually by the end of it, she had still won, and was the only guard who didn't have to clean up the training area, she walked around with her hands clasped behind her back, keeping an eye on everyone to make sure that they didn't slack and got everything cleaned up and prepared for tomorrow by tonight. She didn't care about some of the glares she received, she had won fair and square, they were just bitter that she didn't have to help clean and prepare. She wanted everything to be in order and perfect shape as the Young king had requested, she would not fail him.

Huntrey said:
Hunter let the small smile at his daughter grow, for he knew the rant to come. Val did what Hunter forgot to anticipate, taking the question as if it was immediate. "The details of marriage and your Mockingbird Chamber and the party... They are far down the line Princess. There are many reasons why I want to do this now, or at least soon. Let me explain a bit, before you become the grandest Queen of all." Hunter sighed when he realized what he meant, a sort of preparation for a late Emperor.
Arcay began to make her descent, finally breaking through the clouds that hid their view. Just behind them was the Southern Wall, bound in guards, artillery, and many other tricks to stop forces from the Swamps, but none were watching anything besides the dragon. They recognized it, and made no move to attack, but it was still awestriking to see it.

The dragon descend to the ground, landing where the soft plain met the unbearable Swamp. "Aegon got his piece a year ago. While he isn't fit to be an Emperor yet, he is becoming a great King day by day. Your brothers are young, but growing as well and will get a piece when your mother and I deem fit." Hunter turned, his soft smile returning as he talked about his children. "You, my little Mockingbird," Hunter gave a small reminiscent sigh at the name, "Have grown. And I feel no reason to let this lie in wait. I will be making you Queen of the South, soon.".

Hunter stood from Arcay, letting the dragon bring it's body down so he could get off easier. The Emperor turned to give his hand to the Princess, hoping to help her down.
"The South is a place of untamed woods and rivers, filled with enough for adventure for a young Queen like yourself many times over. It also has people who are usually far from my reach, and it would be beneficial to have someone to unite the families here. Lastly it is the front line for the rebellion, as you will most likely to be the first to encounter them," Hunter cast a disapproving glance towards the Swamp, almost blaming it for putting his family in danger. "I think the South is where you should be, but not too soon..."

Hunter would help the Princess down, letting her look upon the Southern walls she would soon be protecting. "You were worried of marriage and of your Mockingbird Chamber as a Princess, well you have good reason to worry. You're Mockingbird Chambers are something we have grown quite accustomed to, and while I sometimes flinch at the thought of some of your methods," The Emperor gave her a small, smug smile, "I would hate to lose that luxury of always having information. So, I've made preparations to build another in the South.".

The Emperor became a bit saddened as the next topic arose, pausing for a bit to regain his bearings. Arcay helped, bringing her head to the other side of his body. "As for marriage... No man can deem the power I gave you as theirs. You own it by blood, and while many would challenge this monarchy, I know you can handle the Queen position of the South, and if something ever happened; Empress position if it came down to that. But it is good to have someone to lean on, which is why we have been pushing for marriage."

"I want a few things done before I make you a Queen, a final show of your perfection of Princess.. First, I want the construction of the Mockingbird Chamber in the South completed. You are to take over when we get back to Allon, and you will also direct it from home. Two, I want your plan of how to improve our Southern defenses. That will be a presentation to the council, and the General of the South will be there to give his honest opinion. Three, you fill fight me and your brother to prove you haven't lost your touch in combat."
Hunter paused, looking at his daughter and hoping he wasn't relentless with these orders. He wanted to give this to her, the South, a new title, and a new challenge, all to spoil her. Val was his little girl, and seeing her grow hurt, but wanting her to grow was his job. Maybe that's why the final task hurt his innocence of her.

"And, finally, whenever you finish these then I ask you spend a month relieved of duties to search for a partner. I do not ask you rush to get married, but you will spend time being courted by men to see which catch your eye." Hunter smiled when he finished, happy that he decided against her getting married, but disheveled that he had to allow so many to court. "What do you think Val? I hope I am not asking too much of you." The Emperor turned, facing his daughter instead of the wall.
Valkyrie

The princess let her father speak, absorbing everything he told her. Listening to everything she needed to do. Occasionally she would nod at what he said though her eyes trailed to the sky, half listening and half thinking. The Queen of the South.

Though she would rather get off the dragon on her own, Val took her father's hand and let him guide het to the ground. For his own fatherly sake. She shrugged once he was done. "Even without my chamber, my 'Little Birds' are all around~" She hummed softly as she mentioned her personal 'knights', or guards, or whatever you would want to call them. It was clear that someone like her didn't really need guards but her 'Birds' were a lot more.... As mysterious as her~

"The Queen of the South." The soon-to-be-Queen said out loud, testing the name curiously. A sense of pride formed in her chest. "How fitting~" Her eyes trailed from the sky to the wall that separated the kingdom and the rebels. "I have been through worse than marsh lands, faced stronger than rebels, I am confident I can face them...though one can never be too confident." Her voice lowered from a cheerful one to a thoughtful one, matching her eyes but it disappeared quickly. Soon the playful smile crossed her lips. "Empress position~? If what happens to who? Only you and mother or is brother included?" She asked in a mischievous tone.

"Obviously ill help with the chamber. I know that chamber inside and out, where everything goes, how everything is set up, oh ill need to bring the little Mockingbirds that live around~ They are the ones who gave the chambers their name~ How incomplete it would be without them. I'll examine the wall ,make sure the guards we have are up for the task, and fix anything needed to be fixed. Provide what our men need. When that time comes is it ok if I borrow Arcay? It would be easier to see the walls from all around and quicker. " A wicked smile formed on her lips the moment battle was mentioned. There was nothing more that the Princess loved than fighting~ The thrill, the power, she practiced in her own time nearly every day. "I am not the one to assume thing but I can assure you this, Father. If there is one thing I do not fall short of, it is fighting. " This time her grin stretched wider and eyes narrowed, as if she was a cat awaiting its prey. It soon faded as the next topic rolled around.

Valkyrie had responded to each question as if it was nothing, easy. Inside she knew fully well that each task will be rough in its own ways though she didn't show it. The little actress only smiled her carefree smile. "This is not much at all. I was expecting a lot more actually, each task I am sure I will be able to handle regardless on how tough it may be. The only thing I do not like is marriage...Father? Do I have to get married? I know it is something expected though the men around this kingdom are dull. I WILL spend time with the courted men if I must however..." The princess turned to her father as she batted her eyelashes innocently. "Do not get angry f they find knives sticking in them or missing a few parts. That is only if they act out of hand~"

[QUOTE="Shadowborn Omen]Aegon ManchesterWalking into the library, Aegon was greeted by a book hitting him in the chest. He was shocked at first that the book came out of seemingly nowhere as soon as he walked through the door, but he managed to catch it after it had bounced off of his chest, and he looked at it uninterested for a couple of seconds. Looking back up at his brother Ignis like it had never happened, Aegon spoke. "It's fine, Ig. Just came to see how you were doing. I don't see you a lot," Aegon paused to scratch his head with a cheesy smile, "I never feel like I have time for anything."

Aegon looked around, seeing his brother's mess. He couldn't help but notice the odor in the room, or the fact there was a large pile of books. A normal man would have been repulsed out of disgust-ion, but Aegon was used to keeping impulses from manifesting into a face of disgust or disagreement "Father sends his regards, Ig, he couldn't come by to see you today," the man informed, "Anyways, how've you been since our last talk? You don't seem to come out where I can see you often."

[/QUOTE]
"You never try to come see me unless father tells you to, so why would you see me often..." Ignis said under his breathe, gritting his teeth together. Sometimes he felt like these..... people... didn't even care about him. Like he was just another peasant in the kingdom that they didn't have time to worry about. Sure, there was the occasional visit by his siblings, but it was only when someone told them to. Even then, they only exchanged a few words before they ran off again. It was repulsive, in his opinion, the way they treated him. "And stop calling me Ig. My parents didn't name me 'Ig'," Ignis said, his voice portraying the anger he felt.

Ignis closed his eyes and took and deep breathe, shaking his head. "Sorry.... I've just been a little... Agitated lately. Probably just stress. Forgive me for my tone." The boy grabbed his journal and turned towards the door, moving his brother out the way before making his escape. "Excuse me for a moment, I need some air." He walked down the hall, eyeing the guards and servants that had stopped in the hall just to see him. He could feel the hatred coming from them, projected at him. His breathing became shaky. Not from fear, or from nervousness, but from anger. He could hear their whispers. Whisper's of hatred. Pure, unfiltered, hatred. Salty tears began to sting his eyes but he fought them back and kept walking.

AvidElmV2 said:
"You never try to come see me unless father tells you to, so why would you see me often..." Ignis said under his breathe, gritting his teeth together. Sometimes he felt like these..... people... didn't even care about him. Like he was just another peasant in the kingdom that they didn't have time to worry about. Sure, there was the occasional visit by his siblings, but it was only when someone told them to. Even then, they only exchanged a few words before they ran off again. It was repulsive, in his opinion, the way they treated him. "And stop calling me Ig. My parents didn't name me 'Ig'," Ignis said, his voice portraying the anger he felt.
Ignis closed his eyes and took and deep breathe, shaking his head. "Sorry.... I've just been a little... Agitated lately. Probably just stress. Forgive me for my tone." The boy grabbed his journal and turned towards the door, moving his brother out the way before making his escape. "Excuse me for a moment, I need some air." He walked down the hall, eyeing the guards and servants that had stopped in the hall just to see him. He could feel the hatred coming from them, projected at him. His breathing became shaky. Not from fear, or from nervousness, but from anger. He could hear their whispers. Whisper's of hatred. Pure, unfiltered, hatred. Salty tears began to sting his eyes but he fought them back and kept walking.
Aegon bit his lip when his brother had his small outburst. Aegon knew his brother wasn't satisfied with the frequency of his visits. The King's younger brother had gotten increasingly bitter with each visit he'd had. As the young boy pushed Aegon out of the way to go outside, Aegon followed.

"Do you believe I choose to not come to see you? I'm busy, Ignis, I'm always busy. I don't expect you to understand, you still have enough free time to spend your life in that library. The library is a ways away from anywhere I usually am, and even without taking the time to come out to it I'm falling behind in my duties." Aegon reasoned, not a hint of anger in his voice, and he continued. "If you'd come out of that damned library for even an hour a day you'd see me regularly. I only wish I'd be able to cut out more time to spend time with you and our other brother. I truly do, Ignis. I hadn't known that once I became King I'd hardly have time for a personal life," he added, stopping for a second once the two reached outside.

"You can't be angry with me for not coming to see me if you make no effort to come see me yourself. If you wish to be mad at me for my lack of visitation, make sure you've put your time in as well. As I see it, neither of us have made much of an effort to see each other, so neither of us should be angry. The best we can do is both try harder to see each other more. I long to repair my relationship with you, Ignis, just because we hardly talk doesn't mean you're not a brother to me," Aegon finished, a hint of disappointment at himself in the tone of his voice. The young man sighed.

"As usual, I have not time today. I am truly sorry, Ignis, I really am. I will make a promise to you if you make one to me as well. If you get out of that library for a couple of hours every day, I'll find time for you, brother. I, again, apologize that I have no time to see you as much as I wish. Soon, Ignis, we will be bonded as brothers again," he finished, beginning to walk away, his heart sinking into his chest as he walked away from his younger brother again.

Ignis listened to every word his brother said. And every word he said infuriated him further. How dare he talk to him like this!? Ignis had his reasons for locking himself in the library. Since the day he had entered the emperor's castle, tracking mud on the carpet, the day that the 'Delusional Prince' as he was often called, announced his practice of necromancy to the empire, he was tormented. Endless agony was inflicted upon him, day after day. The only reason he had dropped out of school was because of the bullying. But did his father know that? No. Ignis had told the king that he was receiving minimum education, as he was far more intelligent than the other students in his class. While this was true, Ignis would have loved to stay, to socialize with the other children. But no. Their parents considered him a monster, an abomination, for his choice to practice necromancy, and so did they. The world had been fed so many lies about the evils of dark magic that it couldn't see the good that could be accomplished with it if someone were to tame the untruly magic. Yes, sacrifices would have to be made, but it would all be for the better good! It would all be for a world of peace and tranquility, where no one ruled anyone.

But it seemed like the boy's goal, his perfect utopia, was unreachable. He would come closer to achieving it, so close he could just reach out and grab it, but every time he tried to, it was yanked away from him. Ignis had tried many times to prove to his father that he could lead his own army, maybe even a small group, of necromancers, but he would say what he had always said to the boy: Prove yourself to me. Like he hadn't tried to do it a million times before. He tried as hard as possible to impress his father, make him believe in him, but his siblings would always show him up. Whether it was Aegon and his sword play, or Valkyrie and her intimidation tactics, he was always left behind on the skill chart. They would always receive the praise that Ignis so desperately craved. Once they made it outside, Ignis leaned against the banister, tears freely flowing from his eyes. "I have my reasons for living my life in that library, brother...." Ignis said through his tears, his voice still bitter. "You don't receive the treatment that I have been given for oh so many years... Your people love you. While me? To them, I'm just the scum that resides on the bottom of your boot after a day of long, hard work in the manure fields..." Ignis chuckled at this and pulled himself off the banister, standing tall. His shoulder's look broader than they had before, and hints of gray -white?- hairs could be seen hiding among the scorching blonde mop that resided on his head. "You wanna know why I never attend the parade's father holds in honor of his growing empire? It's because I don't want spoil the festivities. Brother, I can't leave that library. That... hell hole. You think I like in there? You can practically smell the failure coming from that room a mile away. At one point in time, I could call that place my sanctuary. My fortress of solitude. But now?"

Ignis paused when he heard the clanging of metal and loud slam of the courtyards door. He leaned back over the banister and shook his head. "Run.... Run away like you always do, 'brother'......."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back