• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Assassin's Pledge: Devastation

OOC
Here

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
((This is the In-Character Posting thread for this RP, and it is a Private RP between myself and a group of friends. It is here in the event that the website we currently use for it goes down and we need to move elsewhere.

Please DO NOT ASK TO JOIN this RP.

Thank you!))​

______________________________________________________________​

Quinn wasn't sure what she had been expecting, nor wanting, from Marcus. Just a nod and a "I'll leave you to it" before disappearing back into a crowd, perhaps. A pat on the back and a "Good luck with that." Both perfectly reasonable responses to "I'm going on a demon hunt", both reactions that would get him out of her hair. But Gods damn it all, he was too decent for that. Also, rather convincing.

So what, a common weapon couldn't slay the demon. There was a very uncommon weapon up her sleeve that they just hadn't invented yet! Marcus was right. Human ingenuity was an incredible thing. Everything had been impossible until somebody invented a way to do it. Ah, was this resolve or hope she was feeling? As he held out a hand and smiled, offering assistance, she knew it was hope. That same giddy, guilty happiness she felt whenever anyone offered support to her. A smile was eager to break free (and harshly resisted) as she reached to shake his hand. Everything she’d been worried about before seemed so petty, so unnecessary. She didn’t have to grovel, or anything. It was all fine and put in the past, and they were moving forward, and they were going to save the world from a tyrant, and a Demon, and -

W-W-Wait! Don't let me just get away with this like that!!

That slight breeze from the butterfly of hope flapping in her chest was enough to suddenly blow open the doors that had been temporarily holding back all of the chaos from before, with such a force, she couldn't stop some of it from tumbling out into the open. She suddenly stood and whipped her hand up before she could shake his, as she blurted,

"You were sorry!"

That didn't sound right.

You had to be kidding, she had already messed it up?! I'm sorry or you were right, was it really that hard to choose between the two? Gods, she was pathetic. She couldn't deliver speeches or apologies. Words were so stupid! Why was she bothering saying anything at all? She was fighting for his country - which wasn't her country, might she add - if that wasn't an indication of a decent - well, trying-to-be-decent person, what was? ... Alright, sure, most of her colleagues were jerks. But this was all besides the point! What was important right now was that she was trying very hard and had thought about this a lot - and now he knew that.

“I – No, that wasn’t what – I didn’t mean to say that. I’m sorry. You were right.” Ok... on the right track now. Just don't - "Obviously!" she blurted a bit too loudly again, suddenly averting her eyes and scratching her cheek with her index finger nervously. Her limbs had all drawn in to take as little space up as possible, "Anyone who objects to harming a child is right.”

There. All done. Time to just -

“The... The greater good is what I fight for..."

- goooooo before she embarrasses herself! Quinn! Shut up!

Unfortunately, Quinn's mouth and her brain were pitted against each other in this situation. She could feel her ears flushing red and just kept her eyes glued to the lantern, like that would help her.

"... but if we - I chose to harm that child for the 'greater good', then, um," she shut her eyes and let out a little shaky sigh, "The 'greater good' back then turned out to just be my own safety." She almost went to tug nervously at her earlobe, but clenched her fist at the last second and just left it hovering there. In every single possibility she had run through when she imagined how her groveling would go, none of them had her saying anything like this. She was deviating drastically off script, and her brain was hating her for it. "And - And I couldn't have made a decision like that and kept going forward without regretting it, no m..." Swallow. "... No m... matter what I - spared myself from." She rushed out those last words in one exhale. Then she was quiet. Then she looked up at him. Then, she looked horrified with herself.

Her practically glowing head ducked down as her fists moved to clench at her coat, "I'll be what you expected from me here on," she vowed as firmly as she could, "Nobody deserves any less than that." Bowing with her head still ducked down, other fist gripping her trench coat, she shot her arm straight out towards him, hand outstretched as she murmured very quickly and almost incomprehensibly, "You may shake my hand now."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back