• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

An Angel's Touch

Numberfox

The professor looked over the files of the kids who would be looking at. He was responsible for making sure children with anomalies could either live without becoming a major threat to society, or noticing irreversible threats early and terminating them. The batch for today seemed like the regular affair. A boy whose feet burned to smoldering levels when frustrated, burning things his feet touched. A child whose face seemed to look different every moment, looking completely different from one. Controlling such problems, from the professor’s previous interactions with such anomalies, was not too difficult in curing. However, there was one child’s file that perplexed him; an anomaly he hadn’t seen before.

It was a young girl named Daisy Teach, turning eleven this year. Her anomaly was that her hands caused material to rot, both objects and living things. Her mother died giving birth to this anomaly, and there were currently no known ways to control it. Anything non-living material she touched immediately began to rot, while living things would age rapidly. Her mother's corpse seemed wrinkled and decrepit though she was only 30 at the time of death. The file also stated that the father has given the child an abusive upbringing and a sheltered life, fearing what would happen if the public knew about her. He was arrested on site when authorities had learned about the child’s existence, and now the child was scheduled to meet the professor during his first available slot. This was a child, the professor thought, that had an abusive upbringing, no mother, and one of the most dangerous anomalies he had ever read.

A call came to his office, an intern asking whether he could receive the girl yet. He took a deep breath, and told the intern to let her in.

Patient: Daisy Teach

March 22nd, 2014

Day One Transcript

7:35pm-7:40pm

Doctor: “Hi Daisy, how are you?”

Patient: “… Hello… Good…”

Doctor: “Do you know why you’re here?”

Patient: “… They said you’ll fix me…”

Doctor: “Do you know what I do?”

Patient: “… Make my hands stop… hurting…”

Doctor: “Hurting? Well, not exactly. I generally just help people that might be considered abnormal. I try to make it so they can be happy in normal society."

Patient: "… Can I be happy?"

Doctor: "Anyone can be happy, as long he or she wants to be."

Patient: “… I want to be happy…"

Doctor: "Then I'll try my very best to make sure that that's the case."

Patient: "A… Thank you…"

Doctor: "No problem, Now, you're probably tired now, aren't you?"

Patient: "Yes…"

Doctor: "Alright, we don't have to get through all the introductions right now. You probably want to sleep. Come back tomorrow and we'll work on making sure you'll be happy. Does that sound good?"

Patient: "Yes… Thank you."

March 23rd, 2014

Day Two Transcript

9:43am-10:02am

Patient: "Hello Doctor…"

Doctor: "Hi again, Daisy. Did you have a good rest?"

Patient: "Yes…"

Doctor: "That's good to hear. Have you eaten yet?"

Patient: "No…"

Doctor: "Oh, why not? Did the nurses not bring you anything?"

Patient: "They did, but I'm not allowed to eat by myself..."

Doctor: "Why is that?"

Patient: "Daddy told me not to waste silverware... Because the handles get mushy…"

Doctor: "How did you eat then?"

Patient: "Daddy would feed me… Though he would sometimes forget…”

Doctor: “Would you rather be fed?”

Patient: “Yes…”

Doctor: “Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore. Are you okay with the nurses feeding you?”

Patient: “No…”

Doctor: “Why not?”

Patient: “I don’t trust them…”

Doctor: “What are you afraid of them doing?”

Patient: “Bad things…”

Doctor: “I see… Okay, we don’t need to have the nurses feed you, but we need to get you to eat. Who would you want to feed you?”

Patient: “… You…”

Doctor: “Me?”

Patient: “Yes…”

Doctor: “Hmm… Alright… But promise me you’ll work on eating by yourself then, okay?”

Patient: “I Promise.”

Doctor: “That’s a good girl; now why don’t we go get you something to eat? I bet you’re hungry.”

Patient: “Okay… Thank you.”

March 30th, 2014

Day Nine Transcript

2:01pm-2:25pm

Doctor: “Hi Daisy, how are you today?”

Patient: “Hello Doctor. I’m good, thank you for asking.”

Doctor: “Have you tried to keep your gloves from rotting?”

Patient: “Yes, Doctor, see? Only the tips rotted this time.”

Doctor: “That’s great progress. And how’s trying to hold utensils?”

Patient: “Good, I drew my first picture yesterday! But… I still can’t use silverware or eating utensils.”

Doctor: “You sure it’s not because you want me to still feed you?”

Patient: “No… They’re harder! They really really are. So you have to keep feeding me, okay?”

Doctor: “Okay, okay, but don’t get too spoiled, alright? You’ll have be able to do this all by yourself one of these days, you hear me?”

Patient: “Yes, Doctor.”

Doctor: “Are you ready to practice touching surfaces?”

Patient: “Yes, should I use my right or left hand this time?”

Doctor: “Well, since we did right hand yesterday, why don’t we do it again to see if there’s any improvement?”

Patient: “Okay.”

15 Minutes Later

Doctor: “Great job, Daisy! You were able to hold it from making the table rot for almost fifteen minutes, nearly twice as long as yesterday.”

Patient: “Hurray!”

Doctor: “Yep, if we can get you to hold it for an hour on command, you probably won’t need to wear gloves anymore, and you’ll be able to feel all kinds of things without fear that they’ll rot.”

Patient: “Doctor?”

Doctor: “Yes, Daisy?”

Patient: “Could I… Touch you?”

Doctor: “Touch me?”

Patient: “Yes.”

Doctor: “Why?”

Patient: “I want… to give you a hug.”

Doctor: “Hmm… Well, when you say it like that, how could I refuse? Come here.”

Patient: “Are you sure?”

Doctor: “I’m certain.”

Patient: “I could age you though…”

Doctor: “I’m fine with that, I’m not getting any younger now am I?”

Patient: “Thank you, Doctor.”

Doctor: “No problem.”

Patient: “You feel warm, and… soft.”

Doctor: “That’s how most humans feel.”

Patient: “Not Daddy.”

Doctor: “Really? How did he feel?”

Patient: “His skin was rough… And mean…”

Doctor: “I see. Well, you don’t have to think about it anymore. How do you feel?”

Patient: “Good and warm…”

Doctor: “That’s great.”

Patient: “What’s that noise?”

Doctor: “Oh, it’s a pager, telling me I need to take the call. They’re usually rejected while I’m with you so it must be important. Can you stay here for a moment?”

Patient: “Will you be gone long?”

Doctor: “No, I’ll be right back.”

Patient: “Okay."

The professor went to the office and received the call that had been ringing.

“Hello?” the professor asked, a little annoyed that he was receiving a call during a session with one of the more need-heavy children.

“Is this the doctor responsible for Daisy Teach?” a gruff voice asked.

“Yes, this is he,” the professor replied.

“I’m afraid to inform you that the father of Ms. Teach has passed away, and his cause of death.” The voice sounded almost worried when reciting this.

“Cause of death?”

“It seems as if Daisy had touched his left chest area, specifically aiming for the heart by the way the handprint looks. Mr. Teach seemed to have died of cardiac arrest.” The professor recalled Daisy talking about her father's skin, and thought she was only referring to him abusing her.

“But… Why would she do that?”

“You’re the doctor, you tell me. However, she’s already killed two people now, and I would strongly suggest terminating her now.”

“What? That’s absurd. She’s been improving immensely since she first got here. The first death was completely out of her control. And we’re still not sure if she meant to kill him. I’m confident she can adjust to regular society in a couple of years at most.” The professor was nearly shouting the last parts, fairly livid at the man’s suggestion.

“If you say so. Just please be careful, we wouldn’t want another de-” the voice suddenly cut out. The professor could not even hear the dead tone of a phone without a call, and tried to see what was wrong. He followed the phone cord, and saw Daisy, with the phone cord in her hand, rotting.

“Daisy, why are you here?” the professor asked, a little worried as to how she got here.

“You said you would be right back, but you didn’t come back… I was worried…” she sincerely replied.

“Why did you rot the phone cord?”

“You sounded mad at the phone, and I didn’t want you to be mad… So I got rid of it.” The professor could tell that that was how she honestly felt. He knelt down to her.

“I’m glad that you’re so worried for me, but you don’t have to be. It’s normal to be angry with others.”

“It is?” She asked, sounding happy upon hearing that.

“Yes, Daisy, it is. But you shouldn’t try to hurt the things you’re angry at.”

“Oh…” Daisy replied. “But he wouldn’t let me see you…”

“Who?” the professor asked.

“The guard wouldn’t let me see you, and seemed mean. So I made him rot…”

“What? Daisy, violence is never the answer, no matter the circumstance.”

“But that’s what Daddy always does… So I just did it to him when he made me mad.”

“Ah…” The professor was speechless.

“You’d never make me mad, would you Doctor?” Daisy asked.

“Of course not…”

“Can I have another hug, Doctor?” He hugged her tightly. “Doctor, you don’t feel as warm…”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back