Other american college system

Error 420

One Thousand Club
alright here in the US we have a test called the SAT (and one nobody takes called the ACT) and when you take it or its warmup test earlier you can choose to have your score and personal email shared with universities

the test is basically the litmus for whether or not you can get into a college based on academics alone

i scored in the 00.01% of all people taking the warmup test (PSAT) and then in the 00.3% of all people taking the real thing

and yes i chose for the PSAT score to be shared with colleges, as well as my email

since January 19, 2018, when the PSAT scores were shared with colleges (only in the state of indiana), I have gotten

850 emails from or about colleges in my personal email
270 emails in my school email account
120 physical pamphlets, letters, etc
10 letters from the US Army
2 letters from the US Navy
and free t-shirts from both the US Navy and US Army (that are surprisingly comfy)

and it's early application season boyos

which means double the letters
double the emails
and none of them know I've already sent in my applications, so there's still no end in sight

wish me luck

EDIT: oh a new one y'all, a letter from the Air Force. guess they gotta scoop us up before we get too enticed by the Space Force.
EDIT II: alright, having applied to colleges already, i'm going to update the list, I haven't been keeping track of letters but it's been about a month of three a day so add another sixty.
As of right now, my personal email contains 1003 college emails, so that's nearly 200 in 26 days, or 6 emails a day.

Last edited:
Hey, I took the ACT!

I remember getting absolutely inundated with that stuff, too. Even once I started college. Thankfully, it's stopped now! Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back