Amaranth: Reloaded [reopened recruitment]

Wolf Rawrrr

Wolf-Knight
Supporter
Amaranth: Reloaded

[this is a recruitment attempt to gather new players for an existing roleplay]

Amaranth is one of the older games here on RPdom, dating way and well back into the age of Wayward Inn - it has been successfully running for nearly two years. Hard to believe, but there it is :D *bark*

We originally started with 6 players, and since then people have come and gone. Now the RP is officially down to 3 players, of which only 1 is part of the original team (a big <3 to @Petal for everything). The remaining players are faithful, but things have slowed down and surely aren't nearly as fun and interesting as they could be with more people. So Wolf has decided to reopen recruitment and find some reinforcements :D *howl*

Thus, let's talk specifics.

Amaranth is a Traditional, Freeform game with no system involved whatsoever. That means there's no learning curve; no books to get and no custom ruleset to grasp. Just pure, simple old fashioned role playing in a book writing manner. To make things more interesting, as its Storyteller I have reinforced the RP over time, adding things like Quests, Achievements and a whole new additional game mode that's not part of the main storyline.

Now, you might think to yourself: "Hm, a game that has been ongoing for such a long time, surely there's been alot of happenings! How am I supposed to get in the game I don't know without reading through dozens of pages of unorganized posts?"

Good news is, you don't need to worry at all! :D *bark*

The story is divided into "chapters", and I have kept a synopsis of each chapter in a special thread. So all you really need to do is read that, and you'll be up to date with the most important stuff so far.

To learn more about the RP

Link to the original submission thread: http://www.rpdom.com/threads/amaranth.51796/

(here you can see the game as it was presented two years ago)

The game subforums are available here: http://www.rpdom.com/forums/amaranth/

(feel free to browse, emphasizing the threads tagged as "Info")

Link to key events so far, compressed: http://www.rpdom.com/threads/background-story-main-plot.51969/

(this is all the lore you need to know, all in one)

If you decide to join

I am looking for up to 3 more people. Like I said, no special skills are required. I am willing to take people who are new to roleplaying. You do need to be grammatically accurate - mistakes happen, but you can't have a post full of them. You also need to be willing to adapt to the story, since it's been ongoing for a while and I just can't change large scale things on a whim.

The current chapter is nearly done, so you would be able to start playing as soon as we develop your characters. All interested parties please post in this thread - and please only if you intend to see this game through to the end. I'm not looking for people who will give up after a week or month! *bark* Browse the materials I linked and if you feel like playing, let Wolf know *howl*

Sounds like fun but English not being my first language I make grammar and punctuation errors all the damn time, even though I have not spoken or written my native language in so long that I am now officially worse at it--funny how that works. So I wish everyone fun a good times but will have to regretfully pass based on that requirement.

I am /very/ intriuged. Would an Assassin-Mage of some sort be Viable, possibly elven in Descent- or alternatively, a Foreigner Swordsman/woman of some sort? I have numerous Ideas, and I would love to get interested in something like this.

Whoa :oops: three potential recruits overnight! *howl*

@Orzhov - nice and plain :D Draw from what I said to Sage. If you two want, your characters can even be coming from a distant land together (just a wild random thought). If you're interested about playing, please contact me via PM and we can start developing your character :tongue: *bark*

It's written in the rules somewhere, but I should just state that I ask my players to post at least once per 3 days in case where their character is directly interacting with another player's or is otherwise potentially important for the game's continuity. Where this is not the case, you should make at least a post weekly. When these limits are exceeded I use my Storyteller's authority to autopilot your characters in the briefest, most sensible way to keep things going. Of course, if for some reason you encounter difficulties of any kind that impact your ability to play the game, simply let me know in the OOC or PM and it will be tolerated and taken into account ;)

What else to say? If you haven't yet, and are interested in playing, you should read up on what lore there is. Like I said the only thing you really need to know is in the Background Story & Main Plot thread, but you would benefit greatly from reading all of the other threads as well - excluding the main Chapter threads, of course :tongue:

@Wolf Rawrrr,

I might be interested.

I'm only running one game on the site and all my chat games imploded due to people no longer commit to the days/hours.

Wait, Wiz? As in the Wizard? As in The Dark Wizard? :oops:

Well this got alot more publicity than I was aiming for :tongue: Maybe traditional games aren't on the brink of destruction after all *howl*

Everything I've said so far goes for you, too then. If you're still interested after checking out the threads I mentioned (and possibly other resources), just hit me up via PM and we'll talk. I estimate that the current chapter should be done by the end of this week, and I'll probably delay Chapter V for at least one more week after that, to accommodate the development of new characters ;)

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]Wait, Wiz? As in the Wizard? As in The Dark Wizard? :oops:
Well this got alot more publicity than I was aiming for :tongue: Maybe traditional games aren't on the brink of destruction after all *howl*

[/QUOTE]
I'm not some god that had descended down from his mountain top to come down to greet you. :P

If it makes you feel better, I only run traditional system-less games on the site. I save all the systems for chat games.

I'll read all your information and give you a character concept in the next few days.

Wolf Rawrrr]Whoa :oops: three potential recruits overnight! [I]*howl*[/I] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/8989-hellrazoromega/ said:
@hellrazoromega[/URL] - wow, but your post just now seems rather... fine :D It's not a zero-tolerance thing, while I myself am a perfectionist I do not pester my players about grammar and just leave it alone at least 90% of the time. The remaining 10% when I do something about it is when the posts are just plain confusing or misleading. It's just that a ton of mistakes pokes readers in the eye and personally for me it disrupts my focus when trying to read comprehensively if I am getting sidetracked by petty mistakes. You can't be that bad if you managed to write a post right now almost without errors :tongue: But yes, if it's usually as bad as you say then perhaps you should sit this one out. Dunno. I would hate to reject a potentially good player just on account of possible bad grammar :/
Mostly my grammar is fine but some days are good and some are not. If I rush is when it is at it's worse. Often those that call out grammar tend to "grammar Nazis" and that is where I tent to get into trouble. I have written English for 3 decades but a large portion of my school years were in one of the worse districts in the nation and I never fully recovered. ;)

I am interested, but it looks like it took me too long to decide that - you've got plenty of volunteers already! If you still have room, though, I'll come up with a concept and see what you think of it.

@Kaerri - That might be so, but I have only heard from one of them so far - wait, scratch that... My inbox just flashed. Make that 2 :D

So for now I don't have all three slots filled, despite having more than that interested, however I like to keep an open mind for exceptions. If you can amaze me :P

Ach, I hope all of you guys and gals are at least semi-serious about this. I mean, no one knows what the future brings but I will be content as long as you approach the matter with the intention to see the game through *bark*

I'm too new and too quiet to send PMs yet. :) But I am interested and serious; if I make the cut I shall do my best to stick with the game!

I've come up with two character ideas thus far:

:xReformed blood mage - I imagine him as being similar to a recovered (or recovering) alcoholic. He has sworn off such evil magic, and now makes a moderate living as a mercenary, being a decent but not exceptional swordsman and hunter. However, the magic has not gone away just because he wills it to, and the temptation is always there, waiting like a hungry predator for the right opportunity...

O:)Priestess of the Maker - I would prefer this one, as I think she'll be more fun for me to play, but I wasn't sure how it would fit in your world. I wasn't sure whether the Maker had the sort of organized religion that comes with priests/priestesses, or if it was just a community-shrine sort of setup and the worshipers did their own thing. As I'd envisioned her, the priestess aspect would be more of a rank or occupation rather than a D&D-style class; your post on magic didn't list anything having a divine source. I imagine her as a caring, idealistic young woman who wants to cure all the world's evils, one person at a time - whether they need her herb-healing, or religious guidance, or just a shoulder to cry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
A pleasant surprise, Kaerri :)

Let us take this discussion into a more... suitable environment, yes? *bark*

Also, after this I must really make it more obvious: This thread has accomplished its purpose - I now have an ample amount of promising recruits and do not require more. I like to engage all of my players personally and make them feel wanted and vital, and this gets harder and harder the more players there are. Like in a school class: 10 students is way better than 30. Thank you all *howl*

Users who are viewing this thread