• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug AM & PM flipped

Olissa

One Thousand Club
Hi, I just noticed that time has accidentally been flipped on the site. What should be AM is now PM.
As a result a post was liked just before 12 in the afternoon, but my notification says it was liked yesterday.

It was normal yesterday. So unless something outside of my control happened that caused it to be set to a different timezone, that shouldn't be the case.

It indeed was changed to the top timezone option without my intervention. I have set it correctly now, but it makes me wonder if more might have this issue. Though most might not notice it right away if the difference is only an hour or two.

As far as I am aware, this is the first time it has occurred. I would check your browser or system settings to make sure nothing had tampered with it automatically.

It was still correct early in the morning (between 6 and 7am GMT+1). All computer settings and browser settings including the 1 addon I have (adblocker) are still normal and don't indicate anything that could result in a possible tampering of the timezone for this website.

Was it possible that you had gone through your preferences, possibly using the tab key, and didn't notice that you have accidentally changed it?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At the moment it seems to be an isolated incident, but if we see that it's happening more frequently we'll take a closer look.

Since this seems to only apply to an issue with your account, we cannot say that it is truly a bug on the site's end, or if it an an issue on your browser's end. The only thing we can suggest is to try and keep track and see if the issue re-occurs.

-adjusts pirate hat- Ninja-ed yet again.

Not sure if this is definitive, as I don't know what browser you use... But if you regularly delete your cookies/use a program like CCleaner... then that CAN/WILL reset your browser to default settings, which removes any user data on sites, such as timezones.

Haven't cleared my cache or deleted cookies in.. way to long to be honest. Though when I had it didn't alter any timezones.

i have the same thing! it is because you live in a different time zone, i live in new zealand so my posts are out too, nothing to worry about :)

i have the same thing! it is because you live in a different time zone, i live in new zealand so my posts are out too, nothing to worry about :)

This should be the case. There are preferences for you to specify your timezone.

Thing is, the preferences were correct. Had been that way from the start till that one moment when they suddenly weren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back