• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Alone Is Not An Answer

Does this RP sound interesting to you?

• Yes! I want to join!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh... it's okay.

• Terrible !

• Total voters

Illand snaps his head over to the man who commented a comment only a 12 year old crybaby would ask someone,

"I wouldn't talk about myself like that." Illand says, referring to the comment about him being high and mighty.​

(Man?)

"Well i am not you, pigeon."She commented not looking back at the angel, still taking in her surroundings."How i talk to someone is my own to decide."

Last edited by a moderator:

(Sorry, I'm a bit tired.)

Illand scoffs at the woman, he knows that he won't make many friends here at this place,

"Doesn't mean you can't get in trouble by your own words." He says before sticking his tongue out and pulling down his right eye as a child would to try and spook their friends. Although the face wasn't much, he hopes that it offends her in some way.​

"Cool~!" Celaena cooed in excitement, trotting down the tunnel after the happy couple. A facility especially designed for The Guardians? Even if nothing else came of this visit to Dradis, a tour of such a legendary place would be more than worth the trip. A glance over her shoulder to the source of what sounded to be bickering voices was quick to prove the magician was alone in her excitement. Spinning on her heels to walk backwards, Celaena made a series of vague hand gestures in an attempt to appease the arguing pair before they all discovered just how narrow the tunnel really was. "Now, now, guys, no need to get so fiesty! We're all on the same team here. Um, we are, right?"

Their bickering made Miya raise her voice as she said, "Enough! We will not hesitate to kick you off the team. Everyone here is going to be paired with one other person, so I'd suggest trying to get along." In a span of a short walk down flights of stairs, they reached the Guardians Facility, a large, single floor facility beneath Dridas. The couple led them to one of the four large gyms used for training. Upon entering, they turned to the group following them. "We welcome you to the Guardians Facility. Currently working here are 60-some top scientists from around the world and other needed people who don't need to be listed. Here, any acts of violence outside of the gyms, betrayal, or other things are against the rules. To add, Guardians are well respected here, even if you aren't yet official. Therefore, if you abuse your power, you will be kicked off the team along with your future partner."

As James explained this, Raine glanced at the others faces, attempting to match the names with them. The man Hikaru, who walked in the back of the group near here and Celaena, who had attempted to calm the bickering two earlier. Speaking of those two, their names were Illand and.... Ishiko? The girl who carried the large sword on her back was V and the man with the sniper was Ryan. The last man was Vralik. Knowing that she could recognize them made her a bit more relaxed, since she wouldn't mess up their names in the future.

All the while, V stood close tothe couple. Them, being older and noticeably stronger judging by their confidence, made her feel at ease. She shifted her weight from side to side, her weapons making small clanking noises as a result.

Illand took a liking to the girl that tried to calm them down, he walked over next to her as he felt he'd be better off put into a pair with her,

"Sorry for the bickering, but she started it." He said, rubbing one of his arms behind his back,

"Would you like to be in a pair with me?" He asked her, in a sudden shift of mood. Illand looked up at the girl with a look of eagerness on his face.​

"Sorry, boss."She said though smirking showing little in the way of remorse for her teasing. She disliked most races and that was mostly because they did not seem to like hers, angels most of all. They thought themselves as gods amongst men, especially with humans and look down the dark elves as if they were the same as demons. She frowned as she remembered some past experiences with them before smiling for memories when she got her own back."Dont worry about me, my contracts are bond and i can play relatively nice if it calls for it."

Celaena grinned apologetically in response to Miya's scolding, flashing the angry blonde an awkward thumbs up. Celaena hadn't been a target of the woman's wrath and yet the magician was still thoroughly intimidated. Celaena made a mental note to stay in Miya's good graces while turning her attention to the figure walking at her side.

"Everyone is nervous, it's bound to happen." Celaena answered Illand sympathetically, waving off the apology. Was everyone nervous? They certainly didn't look it. Well, it all worked out in the end. She was anxious enough for all of them. "Do angels get into many fights? You looked like you were running from something when you, uh, arrived."

"I'm not sure if we pick our own partners. There might be a special spell that decides. Or a prophecy. Or a guide book."
Celaena trailed off long enough for James to finish his explanation before she began speaking again, waving her arm above her head to get the man's attention. "Excuse me! What are all the scientists for? How do we become official Guardians? Is there a guide book for beginners?"

Illand tilted his head at the girl, she was quite an amusing person to talk to,

"Well, if we do get to pick I will choose you." He smiled at her before pondering the thought of angels being an aggressive type of race. He decided that they weren't and answered her question,

"I don't think so, but that Ramen Shop owner was very angry!"He said in a happy tone before giggling. She is a weird girl, but she's very fun, Illand could tell that they would definitely be friends.​

James ignored Ishiko, his attention turning to Celaena who waving her arm. Doing his best to answer her barrage of questions, he let out a sigh and began speaking. "These scientists do many things in this facility. Some of them study the Xaes when the Guardians bring one in. Others are in charge of tracking and predicting Xae movement and dispatching the Guardians." After explaining this, James passed it onto his wife. "In order to become an official Guardian, you must show that you and your partner, whomever it may be, are efficient and able to work together. If you fail to do so, new inheritors will be brought in." Once again passing it off, James answered the last question. "A guide book is not needed, and you are all no beginners when it comes to combat. The original Guardians chose you for a reason." The two exchanged glances before looking at the group with a serious expression. "Since we're on the subject of Guardians, we have some bad news. Until recently, there were 4 groups protecting the world. As of now, only two stand, Team Arrow and Team Blood. Because of this drop in teams available, we need to get you out in the field as soon as possible."

Hearing this, Raine let out a small sigh of relief. Mary was still alive. However, V's face darkened. Chris, the one who had saved her from the lab, was gone.

Hikaru listened to the couple intently as they explained how things were run in the facility. He was relieved that the two in front of him had finally stop bickering between each other. He looked around at the other faces around him, mad at himself for always forgetting people's names so quickly. He remained silent waiting for the couple to continue.

Ishiko turned her attention back to her real query, approaching Hikaru and standing next to him. She was glad of her mask covering her nervousness.

"You are a quite one. "She commented."Not joining in the meet and greet, broody?"

Hikaru turned to the girl and looked her top to bottom, then fixing his attention back towards the couple. "I suppose so, call me what you will though I couldn't care less either way." He put his hands into his pockets looking around the facility "I think quiet is a lot more relaxing opposed to bickering, but that's just me." he said looking at woman then towards the man she was arguing with prior.

(sorry for the late response, I should be able to post at least once a day from now on)

Vralik had stayed at the back of the group as they descended. He didn't like it. Not one bit. Nothing was growing in this facility, no wildlife, no foliage to speak of. The company wasn't helping much either, as many of them seemed too proud or too abrasive to actually cooperate. Some guardians they would turn out to be if this kept up. He let out a sigh, possibly a bit louder than he meant to, but said nothing.

Illand raised his hand and jumped up and down like a child, as seeing he was really enthusiastic about this question,

"OOH! OOH! Will we get rooms?!" He asked loudly, trying to make sure that the couple who were apparently the head of the group heard him. He puts down his hand but still continues to bounce up and down, not as intensely, but just enough for everyone to see his head bobbing up and down in the small crowd.​

Raine stared at the energetic boy with an odd look upon her face. She, herself , was considered to be quite energectic, but nothing compared to Illand. He did indeed resemble an immature child, much to her annoyance. If her hunch was correct, everyone here was atleast 20. For a grown man to act like that was a bit embarrassing, even to Raine, who had never even met this man before.

V, still sad and upset over Chris' death, lowered her head. It appeared as if she would cry, but she held those back. Showing her sensitive side to those she barely knew was pathetic.

Miya and James led the group out of the gym, leading them to the rooms. In a single, long hallway, rooms lined up on each side. A wooden door closed the rooms off frlm the hallway view. The first 5 doors on the right and 5 on the left were the Inheritors room, single rooms with bathroo s and beds. Further down, in the middle of the hall way were double rooms with 2 beds and a bathroom. At the very end of the hall was a small squared out room. From the room, 4 rooms branched off, 2 of which were occupied.

"For the first few nights, you will sleep in single rooms. After the assignments of your partner, you will move further down to the doubles. When you become fully fledged Guardians, you will be granted a Guardians room, which can be arranged according to you and your partners preference."

Illand nodded as if trying to act serious, he even had an overly serious face upon his head,

"Ok then!" He said. Trying to get to the girl's room would be tough but he would try, Illand felt as though he wanted to be with this girl, he needed to be with this girl. He couldn't explain it, it was like he wanted to just sit with her forever and cuddle or talk to her, it made him feel all warm inside.​

"I suppose you have some fair medical facilities. "He asked as she looked around the hall and the rooms offered. She did not really care about bedding she learned long ago to find her sleep anywhere she could and would probably sleep elsewhere. She instinctively rubbed her mask as if itchy."It would seem we rather my colleagues, will have to make use of it alot."

"Not going to argue or anything. Once training is over, I'll be ready for whatever you throw at me." Ryan was fairly patient about the matter. He respects chain of command, so he is not often defiant and is not very picky about who his partner is going to be. He was used to sleeping in uncomfortable places due to his time in the Military. Hopefully he won't be treated like he is expendable, because he hates that feeling.

"So do we have anything pertinent that requires our attention? Or is the grand reveal of this base all for today?"

Vralik had a bored tone to his voice, like he wasn't impressed on the least

"Almost everything in this facility will be open to you all once you become Guardians. But before all of that, I will introduce you to your future partners. These pairings are not yet final, but I doubt any changes will be made," James said, pulling out a sheet of paper, listing the Inheritors. He read them off in a loud, clear voice so they could all hear.

"First pair : Raine Seriya, age 21, Magician paired with Hikaru Kurai, age 23, Soldier. Both recommended by Mary and Leon of Team Arrow."

"Second pair : V, age 22, Soldier paired with Vralik Estenheim, age 23, Magician. Recommended by Chris of Team Wolf and Mary of Team Shield."

"Third pair : Celaena Fray, age 19, Magician paired with Ryan Nevins, age 26, Soldier. Recommended by Alexandria of Team Shield and Titus of Team Blood./

"Last pair : Ishiko Miyaka, age 21, Soldier paired with Illand Trepsur, age 23, Magician. Recommended by Harold of Team Wolf and Tina of Team Blood."

"Now that the pairings have been read, please take a moment to get to know them. The rest of the time if yours. The rooms have your names beside them. Tomorrow, you will immediately be put into the field for testing. Rest well."
With that, James and Miya walked off, heading towards one of the labs and disappearing behind the doors.

After hearing the pairings and watching the two walk off, Raine turned to find the man who matched the name Hikaru. Recognizing the man immediately by his taller, muscular stature, she walked over to him.
"Hikaru?" she asked questioningly, wondering if she had the right person.

V did the same, gazing around the small group for someone named Vralik. At some point, she remembered him from earlier and went around to find him.

(Sorry, this was a bit rushed. @Kawashima Thunder @Stew
@Sharpness )

Once Illand heard his name, a frosen chute of water shot out of the ground, propelling a cart into the air. He was paired with the she-devil of a woman and he was not too proud. Ill and turned to where the cart landed and muttered the words,

"Oops, I'm fuckin sorry." He said towards the mess.​

Vralik picked out the woman named "V" immediately. She didn't exactly blend in . . . ironically enough almost because she seemed like she was trying to hard to blend in and remain hidden.

"V, I take it?"

He ruffled his wings slightly as she approached him

Ishiko didn't really react to the announcement, she in truth didnt know enough about him to have an opinion despite her manner with him. She laughed hardily at Illards reaction as she approached him and leaned her arm on his shoulder.

"Don't worry I have that effect on a few men in my time, partner."She said really drawing out the word partner."I am sure we will manage regardless."

Hikaru turned at the call of his name and fixed his eyes and the red eyed girl looking over at him. He looked the girl up and down examining her long blue hair. "You know my name already, I am assuming you are Raine." He asked slightly puzzled. Well I am sure there could be worse people to be partnered up with. He thought to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back