• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Almost Mighty (Super Hero RP)

God help her she was stuck with some petty motherfuckers.

Not that she didn't have her own shortcomings - she couldn't stand most of the people she'd been stuck with. But damn if now wasn't the time for that. If even she could keep her mouth long enough to get something done there was no reason the other's shouldn't be able to as well. Nate seemed the have the smartest head on his shoulders, he was right about most everything he had said. Still..positivity would be a key player in their escape, and if they lost all hope..well, safe to say she had seen what hopelessness could do to someone.

Long story short she just wished they would all shut the hell up and focus on what they were trying to accomplish instead of shooting glares or snide little remarks at each other.

Then again..what the hell did she know?

Maggie sprinted off along with Nate and Eddie wasn't far behind them. Ronni seemed to know to run, making her life much easier.

He asked where they were and she took a quick look around, trying to digest what she could. Her normally way of functioning was normally act first, think later, but she couldn't afford that right now.

"Careful. Stairs."

Short and to the point, she showed him the first one as quickly as she could manage, unsure of how to truly help in and what kind of help he needed exactly. Again, he seemed like a pretty independent individual. It was hard to say what help was really necessary.

Following Maggie up the stairs they took a left, going until there was a fork, Eddie tried to relay what she saw:

"No guards, yet. We're at a fork now, one hallway is lit the other isn't. We've passed around 13 doors total. 8 have been on our left, 5 have been on our right. There isn't..there's nothing really to distinguish our location..no paintings, nothing flowery at all. It's all..stark."

Pain shot up from her right leg. Another growth spurt would be coming on soon. She let go of Ronni's hand once they stopped, falling to take a knee. Her trembling hands grasped her knee, willing herself to calm. She had to..just a little longer. Thankfully her left arm was back in action, too, but if she went down from another random growth..she doubted anyone here would have the strength to carry her.

"How long is 'long' exactly?" Eddie asked. The pain subsided briefly, remaining as the occasional stab. "Quick confession - I don't know if I can do much of anything at the moment without the risk of slowing us down further. You guys might have to leave me. But if we take the shorter path I might be able to buy you time..I don't know what else to do. If they have weapons, which surely they do, we're fucked." On the bright side, she was probably dense enough to withstand a bullet wound - unless..you know, they shot her stomach, where there were no bones to protect her, and there was no way in hell she could focus long enough to mutate her chest plate to cover all her internal organs.. Normally even an internal wound wouldn't kill her, or so she guessed, but there was no way she'd be able to take it in the state she was in.

Her head jerked, eyes widening as voices began to ring close enough for even her to hear.

"God..fuck. It's up to you, Ronni! You're the only one who knows where we're going!"

Last edited by a moderator:
The door was blown off its hinges and the group was off in a dead sprint. Johnny followed closely behind Ronni and Eddie. He kept an eye on their six. He had said he had everyone's back and he meant it. Eddie was throwing out descriptions to Ronni who was trying to get them through and down to their belongings. Truth be told the only thing Johnny cared about was his notebook. He couldn't lose that. He had pictures of everyone he'd ever killed. He needed those. He needed it to be real. He needed to be able to see how much his anger could impact a life. The pictures made it more real. The picture of that girl...it made him question himself every day.

Eddie began to speak again. "Quick confession - I don't know if I can do much of anything at the moment without the risk of slowing us down further. You guys might have to leave me. But if we take the shorter path I might be able to buy you time..I don't know what else to do. If they have weapons, which surely they do, we're fucked."

Johnny shook his head before realizing that she couldn't see him. "Fuck that Eddie. We aren't leaving you anywhere Chica." He informed her. "I'll drag your grumpy ass out of here myself if I have to." He assured her. Part of what she was saying made sense though. "I've spent enough time in the company of gangs to be able to shoot just about anything I can get my hands on. I got no problem dropping a few bodies if we can get a gun or two." He informed her. "If we can ambush one, we can disarm him." It was a shit plan and he knew it, but it was the closest thing he had to one.

Angry voices began to ring behind them. He fell silent almost immediately. "Fuck." He breathed. "God damn it." He moved so his body directly blocked Ronni's. "Someone shoots at him, they're gonna hit me. Leave me if it comes down to it. Take Ronni and the rest of you get the hell out of here." He said, looking to Eddie. He'd taken enough lives, he'd done enough bad. He needed to be able to to do some good. Even if it cost him his life.

The chivalry from Johnny was actually rather admirable. A lot of people would say all day that they would help others or never leave someone behind, but actually doing it was courageous, especially in a situation like this.

The bit of a smirk could be heard in her voice. "I appreciate the sentiment," smirk aside, she was being genuine. "But it could very well take all of you to carry me. The science is complicated and I don't have time to explain it, but I'm getting heavier as we speak. If I expel too much more energy I won't be able to control what my bones do. It could mean being crushed beneath my own weight, or even a random growth through any organ, take your pick. But thanks. Really."

It sounded dramatic, but it was the truth. She had known all her life that too long without her modifications or the right nutrition could mean she impaled herself. Her bones could grow any which way. True, it hadn't happened to her as a child - before she ever got injected with the proteins that allowed her full control, but that didn't mean it couldn't. They had also expressed how much more likely it was with malnutrition versus not having the injections. The injections gave her a strange awareness, and part of the strength that allowed her to handle what her bones could do, though not all of it. These things combined helped her to keep her bones..well, where they belonged unless she said otherwise. The right food fueled all that she could do. Literally. It took the meaning of food as fuel to the next level.

Before she had her annual appointments she had been a really, really skinny child. It had been almost impossible for her to intake enough food to sustain herself, which was one of many reasons, along with her body's unwillingness to behave, that she would randomly grow - and also why she was home-schooled until later in life. The proteins, mutated as they were with calcium and nutrients and other science she didn't understand, not only helped with her awareness of her skeleton, but fed her. Injected directly into the marrow, they became a direct source for her body's need to feed, insuring that she never ran out of energy, or strength.

However, they had warned her as time went on that this could begin to work against her, as it was now. Her body had grown dependent on the constant supply. The more years she went back, the more dangerous she would be as the supply ran out.

Now, normally when time came for her to go back for an appointment it was scheduled to happen before she became truly dangerous.

But it had been years since she had been so low.. She had never been hungry for so long. Their keepers had fed her, but barely, knowing the strength it provided, but, she doubted, knowing that it didn't take nearly as much to starve her as it would a regular human. If they had hoped to keep her alive for testing, or whatever, Eddie doubted they realized they would kill her by not feeding her more. Just feeding a regular meal would have kept her weak, let alone as little as the scraps they had allowed. Maybe they were scared..

Well, that was reasonable.

They should be.

Then again, there was a chance her body wouldn't completely shut down right away. She had gone years as a child without the proteins at all. She broke the occasional bed frame and gave her father multiple scars, but..she had lived. But, she'd always been well fed and well rested..

Eddie scoffed. The look in his eyes surprised her. For his idiotic comment about them maybe being some kind of super humans, he meant what he said, and he was willing to lay his life down for their escape. Because it was the right thing, and also, to repent. The desperation for his death to mean something shown clearly in his eyes.

"If we can't leave me, we sure as hell aren't leaving you, either!"

Her heart was racing, the voices..

"If there are only a few..I might be able to take a couple shots to get us a gun, providing they have shitty aim. Or, truthfully, good aim. Trained gunmen should aim for chest or head, I should be able to bulk up enough to stop either from doing more than breaking skin. But once I do that..I don't know that I'll have the power to..how can I say this? The density of my structure is growing. If I accelerate the growth enough to block a bullet, I don't know if it will slow back down so I can function, or that I'll have the ability to get it back down again. I could end up accelerating my entire body into growing and be stuck because I'll be too heavy for anyone to carry!"

They were running low on time, she realized, and halfway through her sorry explanation she had begun rambling - now she was gasping. Boy, that was a mouthful.

"That probably doesn't make any sense..Look, we're about out of options as it is. If someone will make an executive call, I'll go along with whatever."

And that, my friends, is what it all boiled down to for her.

"Nathan, come here." A young boy, certainly without a beard, maybe around the age of fourteen bounced over to his father who called him. "Yeah dad?" He chirped, getting a little hair ruffle from his father. "I want to show you something." The young boy excitedly gazed at his father as he brought out a ragged old pocket knife. "My father gave me this when I was a boy, and his father before that." Nate's eyes sparkled with a childish innocence and wonder. "So now that you're a young man, I want you to have it."

"Really?" Nate whispered, low and quiet, like if saying it loud would make it untrue. His father opened the knife to show him it's sharp blade, then retracted it and gently placed it in his son's hand. "So cool." Nate said quietly, fingers tightening around the knife, and his dad laughed. "Now, you've gotta take good care of it, so you can give it to your son someday too." Now this shocked the young boy, his eyes widened and mouth agape. To think he would have a family of his own one day was a strange, far away though. But at the same time it sounded exciting. Still, young teenage boys would be teenage boys. "Daaaad!" "What?" "Gross." Another laugh.

"Now, run along. You'll be late."

~

Nate was used to having things in his pocket. Things he could twiddle with in secret, like a cigarette or his knife. Just to keep his hands busy. As Ronni listed off the paths, Nate considered his options. Honestly, he didn't mind either way, but Nate was ready to start smashing some guard skull in. The only problem was he didn't have any weapon except for his fists, and only a quarter of his power. Yet he'd do it anyway. How could anyone treat another of their own kind like this? Nate knew they all thought what they were doing was good. That they were saving the world, ridding it of the... Freaks. Nate wasn't a good guy. He wasn't nice. But he hadn't done anything to deserve this, and even if they were murderers, they didn't deserve this. Even Johnny. Though, what kind of idiot admitted to killing thirteen people.

Oh, but Nate had come close. Every night he dreamed about smashing the orphanage caretaker's own empty beer bottle against his head. Or how he would strangle the man, or throw him out of a high building. Nate didn't know how he'd managed to get out if the place without setting it on fire. All that rage that had boiled inside of him over the years had began to spill out in other ways, and he wasn't the innocent little kid he used to be. He hadn't been in a long time. Why hadn't he run away, after the caretaker locked him in the broom closet for 48 hours or smacked him with his belt when he'd attempted to steal some food after being sent to bed without dinner three nights in a row. Oh. He remembered why. Adeline. He'd done too much for fuckin' Adeline.

It would be wrong to think Nate was born heartless. He'd only given his heart to many he loved to have it be shattered to pieces.

"Quick confession - I don't know if I can do much of anything at the moment without the risk of slowing us down further. You guys might have to leave me. But if we take the shorter path I might be able to buy you time..I don't know what else to do. If they have weapons, which surely they do, we're fucked."

"God..fuck. It's up to you, Ronni! You're the only one who knows where we're going!" "Fuck that Eddie. We aren't leaving you anywhere Chica. I'll drag your grumpy ass out of here myself if I have to. Someone shoots at him, they're gonna hit me. Leave me if it comes down to it. Take Ronni and the rest of you get the hell out of here."

"Dear fucking god." Nate growled. "Would you all fucking stop with the heroics? We're barely taken three steps outside and you're already sacrificing yourselves. All of you. Move your sorry ass towards the exit. And maybe you can fight together instead of letting yourselves get killed." Nate hissed. What a bunch of idiots.. he didn't know how they thought they would be helping by offering to be left behind.

"I can pick off a guard. Quietly. I can handle a few without weapons, but I'm not the Flash and I can't dodge bullets. Before I ended up here I taught as a boxing coach - I know how to fight. And even if I can make just my fist intangible.. I can do a whole lot. Don't leave anyone behind. Stay as a group if you want to survive. " Nate's tone was firm, like if anyone were to disobey him, they'd feel the consequences, not just by him, but by the danger around them.

A normal man would have been clutched over in pain from being sent flying into a wall at incredible speeds. Luckily, Roark was no ordinary man. Sure, he was physically identical in every way except his right arm to a normal human, but he had been thrown against enough walls by his inventions to be used to it by now. At least until the next day when the bruise would actually begin top really hurt. But for now, he was more or less perfectly okay and nodded at Jonny's question if he could walk.

As Roark made his way to the door, he could not help but think that he was forgetting something. Looking back at the room, pipes and porcelain all across the floor, he remembered. They would need weapons, or at least something to hit the guards with, so at least they should bring the pipes with them at the very least. With that he began to pick up the scattered pipes.

"Okay guys, let's get out of here. I got us weapons." He turned towards the door, pipes tucked under his left arm, only to see an empty room and hallway. "And you guys left me behind, so now I'm talking to myself about my situation. Great."

Walking through the door and down the hallway, Roark looked at each of the closed doors. It was possible they had gone through one of them, after all, only Ronni knew where they were going. Anyone of these rooms could lead the way to the exit. In fact, he was pretty sure the sign at the end of the hallway said that the room to the left had an elevator.

Adjusting the load of pipes under his arm, he opened the door and found the elevator in a nice break from. Coffee machine, minifridge, couch, coffee table book about coffee tables on a coffee table, and of course, an elevator. Pressing the button, the door opened up and he went inside only to find two buttons.

"Okay, so it only goes up one floor. This is actually a smart design for an evil base like this. Would definitely prevent someone from just going to the ground floor and escaping, while still allowing them the bring people down in wheelchairs. Well played, well played." He pressed the button before groaning. "And I am talking to myself again. Why do I keep doing that? Heck, I'm still doing it. Perhaps it is a way to cope with the situation or perhaps I'm just talking with myself to keep my mind active and stimulated so I'm more alert. Or it could be..."

Before he could continue his rambling speculations, the elevator came to a stop and the doors began to open, only to reveal a lone guard.

An awkward silence hung in the air as Roark and the guard stared at each other.

"So, uh, hi?" Roark giving a somewhat semblance of a wave.

"Yeah... Hi." The guard managed to say, having not expected to see a person with a robot arm in a medical robe in the elevator.

"Trying to comprehend what is happening?"

"Yep."

"Yeah, me too."

The awkward silence hung in the air for a few more seconds before the guard's hand started to reach down for his weapon. As soon as his hand made contact with the gun, his head made contact with a metal pipe. Both the pipe and the guard fell to the ground as Roark stepped out of the elevator. He reached down and picked up the thrown metal pipe, keeping it at the ready as he walked down the hallway and towards a corner. He heard talking coming from the bend, and readied his pipe as he leapt around, ready to face some guards.

Instead he saw his fellow escapees.

"Sweet! I finally caught up to you guys!" He exclaimed excitedly.

Fucking hell, why does Eddie's powers have to act up right now?! Surely the timing couldn't have been worse. Miya cursed in her mind. But she knew Eddie was telling the truth, for the proof of it was right there, bones seemed to be sprouting all over the poor woman. It all put them in a pickle; the longer but safer route was the obvious choice since it had less guards, but time was of the essence, which made the shorter route seem more appealing. Johnny, Eddie and Nate seemed to root for the short way. Why else would they all be stating that they were either willing to sacrefice themself for the group, or stating that they were ready to engage the guards if needed?

"Let's take the shorter route, if we're lucky we might slip past some guards without having to confront them at all. Should be easy enough." She whispered loud anough for the others to hear, she said it in a manner as if she knew what she was talking about, but in truth she had no idea what awaited them around the bend. She went absolutely silent as she heard footsteps around the corner, and as the footsteps drew closer Miya pushed herself closer to the wall, holding her breath. She had been expecting one or two of the guards to appear around the corner, and thus prepared herself to jump at them. She was going to go low, go for their legs and hopefully get them off-balance.

"Sweet! I finally caught up to you guys!"

Someone did appear around the corner, but it wasn't a guard! It was Roark! This was something that Miya realised a split-second too late, and was therefore unable to properly halt her attempt to tackle Roark. She wounded up on her knees, hugging his waist from the side instead. No harm done physically of course, but Miya's red face betrayed that she wasn't mentally happy about this one. Sure, wounding up on her knees and hugging Roark's leg was sort of awkward, but it wasn't the awkwardness that got to her the most, it was the feeling of not being in control. Heck, she usually had swift enough reactions hand more than enough gracefulness to handle something like this with ease. But now? She felt clumsy, as if she was slow of both body and in mind. Perhaps it was the long time spent in isolation and without proper nourishment that made her reactions and her kinetic control so much worse than normally? Either way, it scared her. Though, now she had to save the situation at hand.

Please never leave me again!” She said sobbing in a mock voice and then stood up and took a step away from Roark. “Mistook you for a guard I guess, sorry about that.” She put on a smile again, giggled a bit and shrugged, knowing that she'd not get out of this one with her head high, it was best to just give in to it. I hate playing dumb. Miya looked at the others, knowing (but hoping not) that they were laughing at her on the inside.

@RubyRose @CloudyBlueDay @Tryss @Linwe Lossehelin @AlphaDraco

To say he was grateful to Eddie was the understatement of the year. Not only did she do as he requested, allowing him to begin to get his bearings, she also warned him of stairs. That there was at least one person who wouldn't leave him behind, even if he didn't know the place, forged a strong bond for Ronni. No one had ever done this for him before... well he hadn't ever really been in this kind of situation, either. But he had never, ever had anyone who took time to help him without a reason. His family helped him because they felt obligated as family, the teachers at his school did it because he was a handicapped kid... It's why he had learned echolocation so that people didn't have to help him anymore. Not that that had worked all that well considering the current situation. But that Eddie was helping him with no further obligations then a desire not to leave him behind... well already Ronni's devotion to her was that of a very close friend. If they made it out alive he truly hoped that they could remain friends. Though he wasn't sure how that would happen.

The pleasant thoughts came to a crashing halt when Eddie said she wasn't sure how much longer she'd be able to keep going and offered herself up. And then someone else offered themselves up... and well, though he wasn't fond of how Nate phrased it, he had to agree that sacrifice wasn't needed. They were all making it out or none of them were. Though, Nate's earlier comments were niggling at the back of his mind... why had they been able to get out? And with no guards at the door? Had they underestimated Roark's abilities? They certainly hadn't taken any chances with himself...

There was a sound and one of the voices stopped... not really meaning to, though not that it made a difference one way or the other, Ronni closed his eyes, as if closing them would allow him to hear better. And then Roark's voice came from ahead of them. What was Roark doing with the guards? And where was the second voice now? He gave a feeble attempt at an echolocation screech but his throat still hurt far too much. He couldn't get even a fuzzy image. But... had they gotten turned around somewhere for Roark to be 'catching up to them' from the front?

Focus, Ronni. Focus. He declared to himself. Trusting Eddie as his eyes, and knowing that they were on a time limit, he quickly spoke what they should be seeing if they had ended up where he was thinking they were. "Eddie, we should be seeing a hallway to our right, and then two doors before the corner turns and nothing on the left wall. Is that how it is?" Ronni became more certain as he picked up on the motors of an elevator, but he needed to make sure.

"If that's the case we need to continue straight, and take a right at the end f the corridor. We'll pass an elevator that only goes down and head straight until the second corridor on the left. We'll have stairs to go up from there... " He trailed off, was that too much direction. "If you need me to repeat anything, I will... and I'll continue the directions when we reach the top of those stairs."

@Wavebird @CloudyBlueDay @Tryss @Linwe Lossehelin @AlphaDraco

No one exactly seemed to care he had training or had some sort of plan, so Nate just raised his fists, preparing to fight the voices coming from around the corner. There was a slight grin on his face, more devilish then anything. He was so ready to punch the face of the people who had kept him here. Steps around the corner.. Here we go..

"Sweet! I finally caught up to you guys!"

Aw, fuck. Nate groaned. It was just Sunshine. Nate posture relaxed, lowering his fists and sighing. The one good thing, though, was that Sunshine had a bunch of pipes under his arm. Weapons. Before he had a chance to grab one, MiMaggie dove at Roark's feet, obviously mistaking him for a guard. Nate chuckled as she tried to play it off. "Please never leave me again!" Nate directed a very long eyeroll and grin towards her so she knew he wasn't buying it. What a bunch of skilled fighters they had going here.

Now that that was over, Nate grabbed a pipe from Sunshine, weighing it in his hands and then holding it up like a baseball bat. "This'll do." Nate said, still sounding just as grumpy as normal but with an undertone of "You did adequately."

"If that's the case we need to continue straight, and take a right at the end f the corridor. We'll pass an elevator that only goes down and head straight until the second corridor on the left. We'll have stairs to go up from there... "

Alrighty. Nate was putting his trust in this kid - a rare feat. But he had no better option, and the place looked like a maze. But really.. did the guards talk about ALL that around him? Nate found it to be suspicious. But there was nothing he could do. He had no other choice except leaving the group and go solo, blindly (get it) wandering the place, most likely until the guards found him once again.

So they went straight. Then a right at the corridor. And then they reached the elevator. Two guards stood in front of the elevator, eyes widening at the sight of the group, but Nate didn't waste a single second before he swung his pipe at the head of the first, kicked the other into the wall, and gave him the same treatment. Both guards and crumpled to the floor in a matter of moments. Nate blew on the edge of the pipe as if it were a gun.

Damn. That felt good.

"Now. Who wants some real weapons."

Miya could only but watch as Nate dealt with the two surprised guards. Perhaps the astonished state of the guards helped a bit, but even so there were no doubt that Nate's hard-hitting swings with the steel pipe was extraordinarily swift and precise. Miya had also fetched a weapon from Roark – a thing steel bar, very similar to the pipe which Nate had just put to very good use. She looked at the steel bar in her hands, with some doubts that she'd be able to perform such a feat herself if she were to face two surprised guards.

Now, who wants some real weapons?” Nate said after having pretended that his steel pipe was a gun. Miya had to shake her head at the charade. Americans.

Miya looked at the two guards who lay on the floor, lights completely out for now. They both carried guns, which they had failed to fire them when Nate attacked. Miya didn't know much about guns at all, but she guessed these were machine guns of some sort because they had the iconic look of machine guns from the movies. (Had she had better knowledge of guns, she'd recognized them as HK MP5 submachine guns). Either way, she had never fired a gun in her entire life, and as such there were no point in her taking any of the guns.

“Any way to tell if who these guys are? Who they work for?” Miya knelt down by one of the downed guards and started looking for anything that could identify them, but to no avail. Aside from the guns there were nothing but a walkie and handcuffs attached to the guards belt. Nothing, but a half-eaten candy bar (dark chocolate with raisin and almond). "Nothing but this... Here, catch!" Miya threw the candybar towards Eddie, hoping she'd be quick enough the catch it. "Better grow around the waist than grow bones all over the place.” Miya tried to smile at her own bad joke, even though she knew that her attempt at being humorous would be shot down the next second. Then she started up the stairs.

The stairs led up to yet another floor. There was a glass door that separated the two floors, luckily for Miya (who tried it without hesitation) the door was open and didn't sound any type of alarm as it was opened. The air on the new floor was clearly warmer and nicer to the skin, the floor wasn't as cold to Miya's bare feet. The walls were still the same sort of rock or concrete as before, but at this level they were painted in a deep red, almost maroon in colour. The lights above were warmer and yet brighter, and any doors were all glass instead of steel.

On the other side of the hallway, perhaps fifteen or so meters away, was another set of elevator doors. With her sharp eyes Miya scouted a sign just above the door: Ground floor. The only problem was that there was an open door half-way through the hallway. And in the doorway stood someone, currently with their back to the hallway. By the looks of it, another guard. Miya dared a whisper, since the person in the doorway appeared to be part of a conversation with someone inside the other room already.

“That elevator is currently on the ground floor! It will take us out of here...” She turned to the others and added with an even lower whisper: “What about our stuff?”

@RubyRose @Tryss @CloudyBlueDay @Linwe Lossehelin @AlphaDraco

Guns were being offered, and Johnny took a look around. He doubted Maggie could shoot the broad side of a barn. Nate could probably shoot someone. Roark might very well be able to shoot someone, but the guy was so fucking happy. Could he really do it? Johnny had his doubts. Eddie was in no shape to do much of anything right now. Johnny extended a hand. "I can shoot, and I'll shoot people. Don't worry about it handsome. I won't shoot you." He assured the man with a wink and crooked smile. He was picking on him, now wasn't the best time, but hell, if not now, then when? He took a gun, it was hot. Nice. He clicked the safety off, and held the gun to his side, keeping his finger off the trigger. He looked around to see who else might want one. He was genuinely curious.

Before he got a chance to satiate his curiosity, Maggie began speaking. In all honesty he found the girl quite unbearable. He had almost decided to tune out all together when she said something so incredibly stupid, he couldn't help but glare at her. He pushed away the anger, and the small voice in the back of her head that screamed at him to just shoot her and put her out of her fucking misery. (Being that dumb had to be painful after all.) "You're not pretty enough to be that stupid." The words slipped out of Johnny's lips before he could stop them. He almost apologized before deciding to fuck the whole thing. "'What about our stuff'?" He asked irritably. "Seriously? You want to die?" He demanded. "Fuck our shit. Let's get the hell out of here, and we'll deal with things as they come at us." He answered, he was anything but graceful in his answer, but he'd gotten the point across.

"If we're someplace near civilization then I'll knock over a gas station or something, and grab Eddie something to eat, and some money so we can get where we need to go. If we aren't, well, then you're in luck because I happen to have most the plants of world memorized. I promise I'll find us food. As far as clothes go, don't flatter yourself honey. No one's looking. Let's get out of here before these fucking sociopaths murder all of us. We'll deal with the consequences later."

The statement was a bold one. Not only because he ran the risk of pissing everyone off, but because he was suggesting that they leave his notebook behind. It wasn't anything he wanted to do. In fact, the very idea made panic well up in his chest, but he had it memorized. So long as he could find something to write with, and a notepad before his memory lapsed again, he could recreate it. He'd read it over time and time again. He knew what it said. He could draw the faces of the people he killed. It wasn't ideal. But it was better than being murdered by these low life bastards. Whoever the fuck they were.

So many voices, so many things to keep track of. Ronni released a soft sigh, trying to gain the summary of the situation. Maggie had had the intelligence to check the guards for stuff, as well as collecting guns and something for Eddie. A quick inhale told him nothing, and the sound of plastic against fabric and flesh as whatever it was was pulled off the guard could only leave Ronni to assume; but considering Eddie was in need of nutrition it probably wasn't an outlandish guess to say it was some form of sustenance. Probably something in a package. Not that it really mattered, at the moment... not when Maggie was taking off again, and Ronni was stumbling along behind, one hand gripping Eddies as he tried to support her as well as find his way. It wasn't quite the blind leading the blind but it was just about as much fun.

Up the stairs, to another floor, and Ronni was left to wonder where they were now until Maggie spoke up in a whisper that was loud in the red haired man's ears.

"Ground Floor?" He questioned softly, blinking as he tried to remember what was on the ground floor. Where their clothing was on the ground floor, because it was around here somewhere. He was piecing together the map in his head when Johnny's voice interrupted his thoughts, and he moved his face to 'look' at Johnny while the man told them to leave their things behind.

In all truths, Ronni wasn't terribly concerned about collecting his own clothing. It's all it was, clothes. So he wouldn't mind following Johnny's thoughts and just heading out, but other people may have important things to collect. Eddie had her energy bar which might have been crucial for her if the thing Maggie had provided her with wasn't enough to last her until they could reach another source of food. But Johnny siad he would knock over a gas station, or something, for Eddie..

"What exactly is everyone losing if we leave our stuff behind?" He whispered; unsure why they were whispering but following suit regardless. "I can easily leave here right now. That elevator is a straight shot up, if we can just get on it." He explained with a fierce expression in place. "But I wouldn't want to leave behind weapons or anything of importance." He says with a small frown.

@Wavebird @CloudyBlueDay @Tryss @Linwe Lossehelin @AlphaDraco

Admittedly, Nate felt more comfortable with his fists or close range weapons like knives. But Nate had indeed shot a gun once or twice. But never a machine gun. And although he had next to no experience with such a gun, there was no doubt in his mind he'd shoot if he had to when the time came. Nate raised an eyebrow when Johnny asked for a gun. The humanitarian? Hmph. Well, Nate would rather he had it then Sunshine.

"I can shoot, and I'll shoot people. Don't worry about it handsome. I won't shoot you."
A grin spread across Nate's face. He didn't laugh, but gave a snort instead.

“What about our stuff?”
"You're not pretty enough to be that stupid." Nate's gaze turned to Johnny. "'What about our stuff'?" Nate gave a grunt. He wanted to get his stuff. "Seriously? You want to die?" Nate's teeth gnashed together. "Fuck our shit. Let's get the hell out of here, and we'll deal with things as they come at us." "First, quiet the hell down." Nate growled. "There's someone, probably a guard, right through that doorway, and if you don't want to go back to those cells right now I would shut up." Nate hissed.

"I need my shit. And if we can really waltz out of here as easily as you say we can, then people are going to see we're wearing these goddamn hospital gowns. We're gonna call attention to ourselves. And that is
not what we need." Nate spoke quietly, but the tension in his voice was clear as day. "Besides, do you really think the moment we burst through the doors we'll be out in the streets? I'm betting we're on an island, or stranded somewhere in the desert. Probably desert. But there's no way we're getting out of here that easy, sorry to burst your bubble." Always the optimist, Nate was.

"If we get our "shit", I'll have a knife, Eddie will have protein bars and some you better have some other useful crap."
Nate growled again. "If these people were keeping us to here to.. Fuck. Experiment on us, they might not shoot on sight. That means we'll have the advantage. None of you should have a second thought if you get the chance. I'm looking at you, Sunshine." Nate shot a glare towards Roark. His voice had been kept low the entire speech.

"What exactly is everyone losing if we leave our stuff behind?"
"Sentimental shit." Nate muttered.

Johnny couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Ronni wanted to leave, but wanted to know what everyone else thought. What the actual fuck? Was he the only one here with any sense? Nate wanted to go back to go get his things because of something…sentimental. He shook his head. “You aren’t the only one with sentimental things back there Nate.” Johnny seethed. “They have my notebook. It’s filled with my memories. My memory resets every six months or so, I don’t have long left. When it resets I won’t remember anything. The notebook has everything I need to know about myself in it.” He explained angrily. Perhaps if Nate understood he’d know how utterly stupid it was for the man to want to go back.

Johnny’s eyes were alight with fire as he spat his words with fresh ire. “But you can’t risk your life for whatever it is. Statistically, getting this far was less than one in three hundred billion. Do you understand what I’m saying here? If we go back we won’t get back out. Mathematically it’s not just improbable, it’s impossible. We had almost no chance of making it this far, especially not without losing someone. Whose life do you want to risk Nate? Who do you want to sacrifice to get whatever you have back? Ronni? Maggie? Eddie? Me? Who has to die so you can get your shit? Because believe me I’d fucking love to be able to keep my notebook. Especially because if I don’t write everything down before I lapse again – and I don’t even know when that will be, it could be tomorrow for all I know – but it’s not worth anyone’s life!” He insisted.

“Have you all lost your fucking mind?” He demanded. “I’ve very well aware that we’re probably not anywhere near civilization, but what do any of us have on us that is really going to be of any help?” He demanded. “Anyone have a satellite phone? The kind you take when you scale a mountain? What about enough rations to get us all through a day or two? Anyone got anything more useful or powerful than a few guns? I mean…unless one of you have grenades or an endless supply of food and water, we’re risking our lives for something that in the grand scheme of things quite frankly doesn’t matter. If we die you’ll be without whatever it is you want to get. I want my memories, but I’m not willing to die, or risk anyone’s life for it.” He seethed.

He watched Nate expectantly, what was it going to be? Was he going to insist upon being inexcusably selfish? Was he going to demand they risk their lives for something essentially useless? Was he really that stupid?

@CloudyBlueDay

“They have my notebook. It’s filled with my memories. My memory resets every six months or so, I don’t have long left. When it resets I won’t remember anything. The notebook has everything I need to know about myself in it.” Nate blinked. "Damn." Nate breathed. He wished he could have his memory reset every 6 months. He wished he could forget everything so badly.

Nate listened to Johnny's speech without any sign of anger, or to be honest, any sign of emotion at all. There was not even that ever present scowl. Nate hated to admit it, but Johnny was right. And yet, he still didn't want to give up his belongings. Giving up his knife.. would be like giving up the only piece of proof he had that someone ever loved him. Nate didn't believe in love anymore. But he believed in memories of it. Memories that had been left untainted, not like Adeline. She'd left him. But his parents, his father.. if they had the choice.. they would never..

But nobody was given choices these days.

"Alright."
Nate said, defeated, looking Johnny straight in the eyes. Nate couldn't believe he was letting his knife go. He wondered if Johnny understood how much it had taken Nate to give in. "Let's just get out of this hellhole." It was, in a way, feeling like he'd given up. When really he'd only preserved the life of the others for maybe another hour or so. He was pissed. Genuinely pissed. And at the same time, ridiculously sad. Disappointed in himself and the situation around him.

Sorry, dad.

Alright. Let's just get out of this hellhole.”

Nate and Johnny had been arguing whether or not to turn back and look for their stuff. As things turned out, Johnny had come out on the winning side, meaning that they'd keep moving and get out without unnecessary detours.

This made Miya worried, she had figured they needed clothes to make their escape. There was no saying what temperature, weather or climate awaited them outside, nor did they know where they were. Heck, Miya didn't even know what time of year it was for certain! It had been late August when she was taken from her home and placed in her cell, so she guessed it was still late summer or early on in autumn. This meant it could potentially be cold outside, at least if dressed in nothing but a hospital gown! But it probably wouldn't be freezing.

But even if the lack of clothes wouldn't turn out to be a problem, she still sort of wished that she had her wings. And if their suspicions were true – that they had been kidnapped because they were super humans – then chances were that her wings had been taken also. After all, she remembered having getting home that night after having been out and up to no good: She had been very tired and had just thrown her clothes in a pile on to floor before throwing herself on the bed. Clearly they wouldn't have left the wings there.

She sighed and decided that it would be best to give in to the others' will and help out instead of argue.

Alright, I'll go call the elevator. You guys make a break for it as soon as it opens. We don't want to be caught waiting for it... I mean, we still don't know how deep underground we are.”

Miya whispered before she quickly, and without a sound, made her way towards the elevator. She was good a sneaking, and had always been adept at moving without being seen or heard, but getting past the guard in the doorway unnoticed was going to be hard. Sure, the door itself blocked the guards vision of Miya's approach but there was no saying if whoever was inside the room was looking at the guy standing in the doorway or not. Miya had to use her powers for this one.

Miya soon reached to open door, and crouched down in the corner created by it and the wall. She could hear the conversation between the guard in the doorway and a man in the room inside quite clearly from here.

“... was going to have goddamned props for guns I was close to saying no. But hey, the pay was what swayed me in the end.” The guard in the doorway said. “Clearly. The shifts are shit too, being on a island and all, but for this pay it's worth it. Did you charge your camera though? ...”

Miya didn't bother to pay much attention to the conversation being held, instead she focused on getting past the doorway without being spotted. So, she jumped only pushing away carefully from the ground and letting her powers kick in, the jump carried her, almost slowly, up towards the ceiling. Careful now, Miya. She had to concentrate, for her mind was already numb and her sight grew foggy from using her powers with such little energy left in her body.

Witch some gracefulness she flew in an arch, almost like if she was diving from a trampoline, over the door-frame and over the head of the guard. She winded up on the other side after a just as graceful landing, and then she hurried herself towards the elevator door and pressed the button that would call it down from the ground floor above.

It took a sort of long while before the elevator doors slid open, betraying the fact that the surface was not very close! Miya stepped right in, and motioned for the others to hurry! “Run!” She whispered, not that anyone could hear it.

@CloudyBlueDay @RubyRose @Tryss @AlphaDraco @Linwe Lossehelin

Ronni picked up on parts of conversation; discussions about whether they would fetch their things and discussions about whether or not a camera was charged? Gun props? He'd have to mention this to the others, later. It was kind of odd... and he was confused to be hearing about it, but at a soft tug from Eddie's hand he was led forward upon the ding of an elevator. Eddie's grasp left his for a brief moment, and there were soft grunts from unfamilar voices before soft thuds struck the ground... and then he was being lead again, the slide of metal telling him that the elevator was open. Several pairs of feet entered, showing that everyone was safely inside... hopefully safely inside. Ronni gripped Eddie's hand tightly; as long as she was safely inside. Though it'd be nice to have Maggie, and Johnny, and Roark... and even Nate.

"Does it seem like this Elevator goes all the way up?" Ronni asked, throat becoming a bit scratchy once again. What he wouldn't give for some more water, a nice bed, and just complete rest. Though he wondered if he'd ever be able to get any sleep again. That he had been snatched and placed in this prison like place without even knowing at first terrified Ronni. He didn't know how he would even begin protecting himself from being taken again. Also, the thought hadn't escaped him that it was very likely all of them would split apart and go separate ways once they were free of the base... and that saddened Ronni greatly. He squeezed Eddie's hand gently, wand was placated when she gave him an answering squeeze; though it was enough to almost hurt his hand.

"What are everyone's plans after this? Where will you go?" He questioned in an uncertain voice. He knew that things weren't like a storybook here, but the idea of having met other gifted people... but not know them for very long was creating a war inside of Ronni's head. He just remained close to Eddie's side, leaning most of his weight against what he presumed was a bar attached to the wall of the elevator, as the slow whir of cable and wheels pulled them upwards and hopefully, presumably towards freedom.

@CloudyBlueDay @Wavebird @Tryss @AlphaDraco @Linwe Lossehelin

Johnny drummed his fingers nervously against his thigh as he watched Maggie leap over a very clueless guard. How had he not noticed someone floating overhead? But as she landed safely away from him, and clicked the button to call for the elevator, he remained still as a stone, staring into the room as he and another of those fucking monsters spoke. How could they speak so casually knowing they were torturing people?

Maggie motioned for them, the sudden movement pulling Johnny from his reverie. As much as he hated to admit to it, the display had been impressive. But he’d never tell her that. He’d have to make mention of how ungraceful he thought her landing was. It was a blatant lie, but one he was sure was going to piss her off. The very idea would have made him smile had they not been in such a dire situation.

His hand tightened against the gun. The cold metal was comforting against his skin. It made him feel as though he could control something. It made him feel stable. Usually, being in possession of a gun would make him feel…unstable. Like a loose cannon. As if he couldn’t be trusted not to end someone’s life. Much because he couldn’t. Because despite having the notebook to detail every death, he didn’t remember it, and therefore, he couldn’t know what was true, what had been over or under-exaggerated. If there was one thing he knew it was that people tend to twist the truth to meet their own needs, and he wasn’t sure if that had been the case when he’d recounted the crimes he’d committed.

However, none of that guilt applied here. He would drop bodies when and if he had to, and he wouldn’t feel the least bit sorry about it. These people all deserved to die. The thought was a tempting one. He lifted the gun, pushing the safety button down so that all it would take was a simple pull of the trigger. His eyes went cold. His features hardened, his lips pressed into a tight line. He wanted to do it. It would be so easy right now. So easy to just pull the fucking trigger and splatter his god damned brains all over the fucking wall beside him.

His finger tightened against the trigger, it was stubborn. The trigger had no play at all. It was impossible for the gun to accidentally go off. It was well-made and well-maintained. The gun of someone who was very serious about ending lives. It took him almost a full minute to talk himself out of it. There was no need immediate need to kill the bastard, even if he did deserve it.

“Fuck.” He whispered under his breath and dropped the gun. Pointing a gun at someone he didn’t intend to shoot seemed pointless.

With a few nervous twitches of his hands, he pushed the safety back on, and moved slowly toward the man. He stepped, half crouched, one leg in front of the other, as silently as he could manage. It felt like the whole process took hours, but Johnny was sure he just feet away from the man in seconds.

His arm shot out, grabbing the man by the neck, and forcing him into a choke hold. He pointed the gun inside of the room, only to find one, barely awake guard clad in his uniform, gun on the table in front of him right beside the coffee he’d apparently been drinking. The man reached toward the gun. “Don’t.” Johnny growled. “After what you bastards have put us through, you don’t want to tempt me right now.” He warned.

The man raised in his hands as if in surrender. Johnny gave him a wicked smile. “Good choice.” He hissed.

He motioned for the others beside him. “Go.” He barked. “He moves, and he's dead. Fucking go.”

Even as he said the words, he knew he was going to waste them both. They were a liability. They could tell others where they were going. They could alert someone. He couldn’t take that chance. He’d be adding two more to his list of people he’d killed in cold blood.

Eddie was stunned to silence. After confirming their location with Ronni he began to describe their path in great detail, laying out their next move.

How could he have possibly known..? Even with underestimating him, as he had described, no way they'd just be talking about the entire layout of the building. This whole scheme was too thought out for them to make such a blatant mistake. Her instinct made her suspicious, but her reason told her otherwise. She had never been a good judge of character.. but..it just...It just didn't seem possible that he might deceive them. It didn't sit right with her. So, she chalked it up to her own ignorance. They could quiz him later.

Roark had just joined them as well and Miya put on quite the show. All of these people..they claimed not to care about anyone else's opinion, but it seemed either someone was constantly throwing a pity party, flirting, or acting like they were some hot shit.

Except Ronni and Roark. Roark was way too happy for her liking, but she would be lying if she said he wasn't the most honest of them. And her gut told her to trust Ronni. After all, he seemed to be the only one legitimately focused on escaping versus playing whatever role these people were trying to fill. Oh whatever..

Content to observe and follow, Eddie continued to guide Ronni as they went on, though perhaps a little less. After his intense directions, she had a feeling he really didn't need her. But, surprisingly enough, he had begun trying to support her as well. Her heart swelled.

"You're too kind for your own good, you know.."

She said it just loud enough for him to hear - even in regular situations she wasn't prone to give compliments. It was a little out of character for her - but perhaps she would use the pain as an excuse should anyone question her kind words.

Dazed, Eddie hardly noticed the guards as the group came upon them. Nate had them down before she could so much as flinch.

Frustrating.

Miya, thankfully, had her in mind and tossed her a half eaten candy bar. The guy was a health conscious fellow, for which she was grateful. Too slow to just catch it out of the air she allowed it to hit her chest, catching it at her stomach as it fell.

She ate it without a word, barely chewing. Not exactly her most attractive moment, but it would be extremely hard to describe just how hungry she was. It hit her stomach and immediately began to digest. Her metabolism was slow compared to normal, but it would only take her minutes to burn through the carbs. The protein, however, was enough to clear her head and to stop her trembling. It would last - that was probably the most protein she had eaten in one sitting in weeks. Most of her meals had been empty carbs..

Hopefully her gratitude showed in the heavy exhale and the relaxing of her frame. It was both a blessing and a curse. A moment of relief and also a reminder of how terribly starved she was.

Nate and Johnny claimed the guns. She didn't mind. She might crush them during a random growth - a waste of a good weapon. They headed up more stairs. Eddie followed, alerting Ronni again though at this point he probably already knew.

They reached another floor and the whole design seemed to change. It was much less.. sterile.

Then a conversation about their things began. She had nothing sentimental, so she didn't care one way or the other. It was just..she just didn't want to be a burden, that was all. Normally she was power house. Now, she was weak, and a hindrance. It was uncomfortable and unfamiliar to her. It had been a long time since she had been dependant one anyone, let alone strangers..

Everyone else had taken the lead and she had fallen into the background, quiet for almost the entire time. Johnny handled the guards while they went towards the elevator. She and Ronni made it to Maggie as the doors open. Two more guards. Did these bastards travel in pairs?

Releasing Ronni she actually dispatched them rather easily. Classic - she knocked their heads together. Easy, and effective. Unfortunately a little bit rougher than she meant, but she tried not to think about the damage as she heaved their bodies from the elevator. Crouching down she took a second to search them. Another gun each, both of which she tucked under her arm, and a nutter butter was the only food. Lots of sugar for energy and a little more protein. It would due.

Eddie made sure they were both switched to safety before tossing them in the elevator. It was more to disarm the guards then to actually arm themselves.

As if nothing had happened she grabbed Ronni's hand again, her free arm bracing the door to keep it from closing as she guided him into it.

"Come on, dude. Do whatever, but we don't have time for dramatic flair."

Everyone else had made it so she must be talking to Johnny. Once he joined them she allowed the door to shut, sighing softly.

She was nibbling the Nutter butter when Ronni asked his question. The woman shook her head.

"Don't answer. There are probably cameras. We'll figure it out later."

Johnny had intended to allow everyone time to rush to the elevator before he shot anyone. The whole plan was to buy them as much time as possible before the gunshots rang out, and alerted everyone to their whereabouts.

But as plans often will, this one fell apart.

The guard slammed an elbow into Jonny’s stomach. The dreadlocked man faltered. It only took him a moment to right himself, but it was long enough for the guard to manage to turn himself around and land a punch. Johnny took one stumbling step back. His arm raising on pure instinct. Before he could really think about what he was doing, his thumb knocked the safety off the gun, and his finger pulled the trigger.

Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop.

Two taps apiece. One in the head, one in the chest. It was how he’d been taught to shoot by the Kings. The gang that took him in, and treated him like their own. They’d turned him into a killer. Despite him having no recollection of his time with them, his notebook detailed it quite well, and his body still remembered their lessons.

Four shots.

Three seconds.

Two lives.

It was over.

The guard that had attacked Johnny was lying in a pool of his own blood. It wasn’t like the movies. He wasn’t still. His fingers and arms twitched. His partially-alive brain sending messages of panic as it tried to force him awake. Convinced that maybe…just maybe this had been a dream, and it could rouse him from his sleep.

No such luck. He wouldn’t wake in his bed, safe and sound.

The man at the table had slumped over. Blood pooled around him. His coffee had fallen to the ground. Its contents spilled carelessly on the floor. The sweet brown liquid mingled with the red that dripped the table.

Blood had splattered everywhere. A fine mist had settled along the walls and the ceiling. It had also sprayed against Johnny. He looked like something straight out of a horror movie. His white gown soaked with crimson. His face splattered with blood in a lurid display.

It only too him a moment to regain his composure. He bent down and pulled the gun from the man’s belt. Another weapon. They could use all of them they could get their hands on. He looked up, and for a moment he considered grabbing the other guards’ gun as well. But he dismissed the thought, reasoning that he would probably wind up stepping in blood. He didn’t need to be leaving bloody footprints. They didn’t need any help getting caught.

With one last look back, at the downed guards, he pleaded with himself to feel some sort of remorse. None came. Perhaps he was a monster. Or perhaps they’d truly deserved to die.

Either way, there was nothing he could do about his emotional response - or lack thereof – for right now. He turned, and hurried toward the elevator.

His eyes were cold. His body was rigid and tense. But no matter how much he wished for it not to be, his mind was just as calm as it had been before he’d taken two lives. He didn't feel any different. He didn't feel heavier, like the thought he might. He didn't feel powerful, or pleased. He was just...Johnny. Nothing had changed. It was almost more disturbing than it would have been had he had a positive emotional response.

No longer was he affected by death. He’d dealt in pain and murder for too long to feel anything at all. Did that mean that he was on his way to becoming a sociopath? He didn't know, and now was not the time or place to debate it.

Alright, I'll go call the elevator. You guys make a break for it as soon as it opens. We don't want to be caught waiting for it... I mean, we still don't know how deep underground we are.”

Her words kind of entered one ear and flew out the other. He didn't quite care what she was saying. He cared for Maggie's actions, not her words. The gun was heavy in his hands. Nathan was a fist fighter. But fist fighting didn't often come into play in the real world. People didn't rely on only themselves. Nate did.

Still. Guns were nice every now and then.

Nate foolishly lingered. He didn't immediately jump into the elevator. He chose to stay behind Johnny, a sort of back-up if necessary. His head swirled. He'd been here too long - to taste freedom like this.. he couldn't be sent back. He had to get out now.

Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop.

Nate froze up. The worst thing to do at a moment like that. Johnny had sounded so firm and so tough, no one had made a sound, he was sure it was fine. Johnny seemed to have the most sense out of all of them. Was he dead?

Johnny stepped out of the room, rigid and tense. Nate stared at the stunned man soaked in blood. Nate had never killed. Johnny had killed 13. Was that what it felt like? Or at least.. looked like.

"Don't answer. There are probably cameras. We'll figure it out later."

Nate slipped into the elevator, gaze cast downwards. He couldn't go back to his job. Couldn't go back to his life. It was over. He'd have to start all over. His grip tightened around the gun. At this point he'd probably have his pocket knife in his hands, twisting it around on his finger tips. Remembering that moment where everything was okay. Where the only problems he had was the soccer game next Sunday.

It seemed the general consensus was that they should leave their stuff behind. In all honesty, it made sense. They were not in the best condition to be fighting through enemy territory for any longer than necessary, and pretty much everything they had could be replaced to some degree. The group was in agreement, yet Roark's internal debate continued.

It makes sense to leave, Eddie is faltering and the rest are good to go. I cant endanger the rest of them for my own stuff. However, I could never replace my shotgun. That id one of the kind, crafted by me. It would be impossible to remember the exact modifications I crafted for it. Then there are the goggles. Building without those would be such a hastle, and dang near impossible to finish some of my other projects. Speaking of projects, they probably have taken some of the prototypes I had on me at time. Heck, I don't even know what most of them do. If they are dangerous, imagine what this organization could be capable of. So what should I do? I need to get my stuff, yet doing so would probably cause to...

Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop.

Roark's thoughts were interrupted with the sound of gunfire. However, the interruption also helped him make up his mind. He had to get his stuff back, even if he had to go by himself. He could not risk the enemy reverse-engineering his inventions, nor could he risk his friends' lives.

Roark walked up to the elevator and towards Ronni.

"Hey Ronni, I need to ask you something. Where are they keeping our stuff?" Roark said.

"Does it seem like this Elevator goes all the way up?"

Miya just nodded as an answer, at the time oblivious to the fact that gestures wasn't really the best option for providing Ronni with answers. Seconds later the sound of a gun going off could be heard from close by – it was Johnny who had opened fire and put an end to two guards. A shower of regret washed over Miya when she saw Johnny in his blood stained gown come walking up to and into the lift. The idea that he was a friend, that they were on the same team (sort of)... It was crazy! And worst of all was that it reminded her of the thought she hated so much, the thought of knowing that she had done the very same thing only a few weeks ago, up on that roof. I'm a murdrer too!

She closed her eyes and was ready to press the button that her finger had been ready to push since she got to the lift a few moments ago. The button that would trigger the scraping sound of metal as the old doors of the lift slid shut and then send the lift itself upwards, acending towards the surface and leaving the underground below. But she didn't press it, for she was interrupted by Roark:

"Hey Ronni, I need to ask you something. Where are they keeping our stuff?"

Miya opened her eyes and stared at Roark. Even though she herself had been hoping to fetch her stuff before leaving this place it was sort of a crazy thing of Roark to say when they were all already inside the lift that would bring them to safety. It was decided, they were going to leave their stuff, why would Roark risk it when the rest of them had come to terms with leaving their stuff behind?! It was frustrating to say the least. But then again... With her wings she could get out of wherever they were easily.

”Are you really sure you wanna risk it?” Miya said to Roark, trying to remain calm and not sound too excited. Then she turned to Ronni. ”Is it far?”

@RubyRose

"Cameras? You think so?" Ronni said softly, surprised by the thought. He tilted his head one way and then the other before nodding. "You make a good point, I apologize for being so dim." If anything Ronni was going to blame it on Eddie saying he was nice. "I was just... trying to make conversation." He said instead of blaming Eddie; because it wasn't her fault if he was a bit flustered by her kindness. Then again he was flustered by any kindness; it wasn't something he was used to working with.

It sounded as if everyone had made it safely into the elevator before the machine began to pull them up. "I..." Ronni said, trying to think. He held up a finger as he began to map it out in his mind. "It's not very far from the exit, truly. There was a compartment that is kept near the door to keep from contaminating the rest of this place... and in that compartment area is where our stuff was kept. The guards and the doctors are also made to keep their belongings there."

He was able to get out all of that before a coughing fit hit him, turning his throat exceptionally raw. He gripped onto Eddie for support, clearing his throat. "I am willing to risk it." He choked out, eyes watering.

The elevator ride seemed to last forever. Normally she wouldn't have minded, but after being cooped up in that cell for however long..even the elevator made her itch. It was hard to be reasonable - what they had been through would drive anyone mad, and she was no different. Part of her imagined ripping through the doors to freedom.. Eddie shook her head, dismissing the thought.

You've made it this far, old girl, she thought. Almost to freedom..

Everyone had made in elevator but she remained close to Ronni. He was taller than her and she was half tempted to lean on him. A nap sounded..so nice, and her body was so heavy.

He squeezed her hand and she replied, probably squeezing a little too hard, it was hard for her to tell. Just in case, she mumbled a soft apology, "S..sorry.."

"You're not dim.
" True, she meant to admonish him, but her words came across harsher than she intended, much as her hand had. "It's an easy mistake, and who knows, there might not be. I would just..rather be safe."

Roark chimed in, inquiring about their things. Her lips turned down in a frown as Ronni explained.

"You can't..you can't be fucking serious!?"

Obviously outraged, her volume escalated.

"What do you have with your shit that's worth risking not just your lives, but everyone else's?! Even if we split up, assuming not everyone here is -actually- dense enough to follow you, our chances of surviving go down exponentionally! Split up or go-
"

She was interrupted by Ronni's coughing, expression immediately changing to concern, though begrudging. She braced him as gently as she was able, rubbing his back soothingly.

"I am willing to risk it."

"You can't be serious..? It's suicide..we're lucky to have made it this far, I.." If even Ronni was going..and she felt at least felt semi responsible for the guy even though she was hardly capable of protecting anyone in her state..

"Goddamn fools..if I die, I'm haunting all you bastards."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back