• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐œ๐ข๐š ๐œ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ OOC

Main
Here

mother of sorrows

๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘š.

22c5b5a812d0453042de774297982753.jpg

Hello, hello! Welcome! This is the place to ask any questions or introduce concepts you might have in mind. If you have any thoughts at all, please drop them here. [ :

relevant meme i had to share for this rp..... HI EVERYBODY THO i hope u guys enjoy my silly little ideas ๐Ÿ‘น if u guys arent sure about the lore or anything pls ask. to make this clear, this is a city where a thousand legged demon chasing you down to steal your burger king IS a very real threat,,,

55d6e57aa083359cdf63e2d3103b63f0.jpg

HELLO ! i'm here to spy on the character concepts (:<

also my character has painted the ice cream truck to look like it was once a call service for angels and demons because 'azariphael has to like pretty things too' ๐Ÿ‘น. they think they can trap a primordial being just like that. . .

droppin in to share my lil gremlin of a character. one overworked and underpaid intern coming your way. they took the position for some good ol โœจexperienceโœจ forcefully optimistic and always smiling through gritted teeth. their magic is sfw. you need coffee? presto, you got it. did it spill all over your case files? abracadabra, no it didnโ€™t.

planning on reading everything over another time, but Iโ€™ll flesh out more details soon!

my character is definitely not the one eating all the character themed ice cream and flicking the gumball eyes at unsuspecting passerby. sometimes you just need to embrace the evil within and that includes asking for a large hot coffee with ice in it before saying it's lukewarm.

Thatโ€™s evil Cav. Thatโ€™s just evil LOLLL. I love it

And the poor overworked intern gremlin!!

me, looking at tumblr and pinterest: give me the tired face of an intern, pls.

i love these descriptions. will this group get anything done? stay tuned....

is it bad i have fallen in love with the lil idea of the i-hate-it-here-cuz-my ass-got demoted individual? am i already building concepts, PINTEREST BOARDS? potentially.

is it bad i have fallen in love with the lil idea of the i-hate-it-here-cuz-my ass-got demoted individual? am i already building concepts, PINTEREST BOARDS? potentially.
I love it. I'm rotating a similar concept too (the got-kicked-out-nowhere-to-go one) ITS SO GOOD.

dropping in to say. this is what the team uses to drive around (the ice cream machines still work)

crop (1).jpeg

mother of sorrows mother of sorrows

A few questions. What will the narrative be like?โ€”more โ€˜sedateโ€™ (perhaps character-driven, or character-centered) or an action-fest? Also, I may have missed something in the interest check, but what is the specific role of this government branch? Must all the characters be actively involved in this branch or can they simply be liaising with them on behalf of another branch?

Sear Sear YES they keep them up there like a mascot : ]

Qazi Qazi this will def be a more character driven plot and while action will pop up, it won't be the main focus. as for the specific role of the branch, they have the somewhat vague task of keeping the apocalypse at bay - with actual support, this would mean educating people about the dangers, checking up on azariphael, keeping peace between heaven and hell, but also in general keeping the city from plunging into war overnight.

as it is, they pretty much have to do that AND jobs other branches have no interest in doing and dropped on their plates. : (

and it is expected that they are all of the same branch, as it might be hard to involve an outsider if they're supposed to do work at their own branch. however, i could potentially see a character thats from a branch for inspecting work excellence or something along those lines.

Sear Sear YES they keep them up there like a mascot : ]

Qazi Qazi this will def be a more character driven plot and while action will pop up, it won't be the main focus. as for the specific role of the branch, they have the somewhat vague task of keeping the apocalypse at bay - with actual support, this would mean educating people about the dangers, checking up on azariphael, keeping peace between heaven and hell, but also in general keeping the city from plunging into war overnight.

as it is, they pretty much have to do that AND jobs other branches have no interest in doing and dropped on their plates. : (

and it is expected that they are all of the same branch, as it might be hard to involve an outsider if they're supposed to do work at their own branch. however, i could potentially see a character thats from a branch for inspecting work excellence or something along those lines.

Thank you for answering. I'm happy to hear that. I enjoy writing social relationships and dialogue more than action scenes, so that's a plus for me. So I'm assuming the bulk of the narrative centers around investigations, bureaucratic administration (in the mode of Kafka, that is, infuriating and obscure) and general diplomacy? How many other branches would you say there are?

On a similar note, would a โ€˜pacifistโ€™ character be too problematic?

And I would love to do a character that, so to speaks, exists for the sake of โ€˜watching over the watch-men,โ€™ and ensuring they don't bungle it up. However, I don't want to make a character that the narrative should shift itself around to accommodateโ€”the character itself must fit the narrativeโ€”, so if it's too much of a bother, I'll think of another idea.

Qazi Qazi same honestly haha, as much as i like reading action when others are writing it, when i have to write it myself... ๐Ÿฅฒ pain. actual pain. and yes thats exactly it!! although their somewhat petty tasks will quickly turn much more serious - and that includes convincing people that something terrible is even going on.

as for branches, theres a huge amount of them - i'd say around, 600? most of them are very specialized such as interdimensional law and relations, department of soul-selling contracts, blood sacrifices, prevention of unregulated curses, etc. B) quite a few of them are as small as our branch, but rarely are they as mocked. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

and that would totally be fine!! it sounds like a very interesting idea already ๐Ÿ‘€ a pacifict could be cool to see! the only characters i'd really discourage are ones that refuse in a team, but the rest is absolutely fair game.

Lovelies I am voicing tentative interest ๐Ÿซถ keeping an ear and eye out, meditating on a concept that hasnโ€™t been birthed yet HAHA

BELIAL. BELIAL. i'm literally kidnapping you as we speak ๐Ÿ”ซ

Just submit Arch. Thereโ€™s no escape. I was dragged kicking and screaming into this. Give us your brain

Qazi Qazi same honestly haha, as much as i like reading action when others are writing it, when i have to write it myself... ๐Ÿฅฒ pain. actual pain. and yes thats exactly it!! although their somewhat petty tasks will quickly turn much more serious - and that includes convincing people that something terrible is even going on.

as for branches, theres a huge amount of them - i'd say around, 600? most of them are very specialized such as interdimensional law and relations, department of soul-selling contracts, blood sacrifices, prevention of unregulated curses, etc. B) quite a few of them are as small as our branch, but rarely are they as mocked. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

and that would totally be fine!! it sounds like a very interesting idea already ๐Ÿ‘€ a pacifict could be cool to see! the only characters i'd really discourage are ones that refuse in a team, but the rest is absolutely fair game.

A lot of writers do like to take it fast, but I'm more comfortable at a slower paceโ€”a โ€˜lingeringโ€™ type, if you will. Do you have any ideas what you will open the story with? Or, at least, as regards the first part of the narrative?

Sounds like a bureaucratic mess indeed. I can already see potential for comedy. Speaking of which, what will be the tone of the story? Tragic, comic? Or a combination of both?

I don't mean a strict pacifist, but mostly in the sense that they are simply unfit for action, as you would perhaps expect from an ordinary cog-in-the-wheel. If it is possible, I would definitely like to thrash out an idea for this character with you and the others, and I sure do hope to collaborate with the others in turn. After all, synergy is very important in roleplays and whatnot.

Just submit Arch. Thereโ€™s no escape. I was dragged kicking and screaming into this. Give us your brain
As soon as I posted my message that I had no idea I was suddenly struck with an idea and then a whole idea appeared so literally call that divine providence amen

What kinda idea?
I was inspired by the idea of a fallen Angel/banned demon that was listed on the interest check! She was one of them interrogator types, very good at her job, special powers being some sort of fear enducement/manipulation of bodily air (I still gotta cement what thatโ€™s gonna totally be hahaha), so essentially someone stealing breaths for torture
Then of course, inexplicably by some fucked up coincidenceโ€ฆ she falls. For someBODY, some poor sucker whoโ€™s sold their soul. By whatever capacity itโ€™s FEELINGS and emotions and itโ€™s doing whatever means necessary to SAVE THEMโ€ฆ weird feelings for something so evil. Essentially then caught and having been used by said SOUL (betrayal arc), banished and sentenced to fleshy body with all these emotions and a lingering desire to feel while also afraid ofโ€ฆ feeling. Reluctant but engaged team member, weirdly enthusiastic while also pessimistic.

I was inspired by the idea of a fallen Angel/banned demon that was listed on the interest check! She was one of them interrogator types, very good at her job, special powers being some sort of fear enducement/manipulation of bodily air (I still gotta cement what thatโ€™s gonna totally be hahaha), so essentially someone stealing breaths for torture
Then of course, inexplicably by some fucked up coincidenceโ€ฆ she falls. For someBODY, some poor sucker whoโ€™s sold their soul. By whatever capacity itโ€™s FEELINGS and emotions and itโ€™s doing whatever means necessary to SAVE THEMโ€ฆ weird feelings for something so evil. Essentially then caught and having been used by said SOUL (betrayal arc), banished and sentenced to fleshy body with all these emotions and a lingering desire to feel while also afraid ofโ€ฆ feeling. Reluctant but engaged team member, weirdly enthusiastic while also pessimistic.

Sounds excellent. So she is still struggling with the idea of being caged as such? That should make for some interesting internal conflict, perhaps something Byronic. So how did they end up in this particular branch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back