• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy All in the Name of Luck [Private]

[class=PostieBoxL]width:75%;height:auto;min-height:250px;transition-duration:1s;opacity:1;border: 5px solid #ffffff;margin:auto;margin-top:50px;position:relative;padding:5px;[/class] [class=PostieBallL]width:200px;height:250px;padding:5px;float:left;border-radius:10%;margin-top:-50px;margin-left:-100px;margin-right:10px;[/class] [class=PostieAvieL]width:100%;height:100%;border-radius:10%;overflow:hidden;[/class] [class=PostieNameL]height:40px;padding-top:1px;margin-top:20px;margin-right:-5px;text-align:center;font-size:25px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostieBoxL]background:#333333;border-color:#BA7938;color:#ffffff;[/class] [class name=PostieBallL]background:#BA7938;[/class] [class name=PostieAvieL]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/vmbyvrh0/Caitlyn-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [class name=PostieNameL]background:#BA7938;color:#ffffff;[/class]
[div class=PostieBoxL][div class=PostieBallL][div class=PostieAvieL][/div][/div][div class=PostieNameL]Caitlyn Aertifae[/div][div class=Credit]Created by IdyllicDreamer[/div]
The Hallowed Grove deep in the oldest parts of the forest was one of those places they had always been warned not to go since youth, magic was saturated deep into its roots. Power, danger, lurked within. It was a place left to rest till a point once every decade, where an event was planned to maintain the sanctity of the grounds. Very few were permitted to attend out of those of age, she had never been one of them. Those who went were powerful, wise, practitioners who could properly appreciate what it was that left the grounds so 'special'. Those who could keep it going.

If she understood her directions, location, correctly Caitlyn was only a few minutes from the heart of it all. The ritual was not due for another few years yet, but that had nothing to do with her hurried steps through the forest at that time. Heart pounding against her ears, a flurry of movements. She had screwed up, she had royally screwed up. At that moment in time nothing was following her, nothing threatening her current safety as she pushed through to a place she had never been allowed to be. Likely a place she would never be permitted in the future either, should they discover what was happening.

Pandora's box, so to speak, not the literal box from the story but... Something just as bad, as far as she was aware. They had just been joking around, talking, having fun, Ashton and herself. Ashton was gone. Were it not for the course of actions she was currently following she likely would have been crushed by the guilt, the weight, of all of that. No, right now she was focused, terrified, determined as she fled through the forest. Away from it all, towards something else. Something forbidden, but her best bet as far as she was aware.

The near otherworldly aura of the place would be the first thing to tip her off that she had arrived at her destination, panting, lungs burning, as she leaned against a tree for a moment. Caitlyn had almost ran start into the tree trying to slow, to stop, but she didn't have much time to catch herself. Setting to work as soon as her legs were able to move, a container of sanctified salt pulled from the over-sized bag hanging over her shoulders. Creating a ring of salt, something else woven into it all, a barrier of protection in case this too went awry. This was a nightmare.

It was inside this place that she sank down to her knees, breath coming to her in less shallow bursts, smoother. She was settling down, somewhat, pulling a knife from the bag next to start carving a symbol into her palm, a hiss from the sting though she forced herself to continue, it had to be right.

The two had been reviewing relics in a place they shouldn't have been, a vault of kinds to keep certain things locked away. One misstep, one mistake, one urn shattered. Only it wasn't a simple urn, it was a prison. A vessel for something greater, many somethings, that flew out into the world. He had been the one to physical touch it, that was the only explanation she had for why she still breathed and he did not. Ashton. The thought burned, her eyes stung but she forced it down, she couldn't give into her thoughts yet.

"I beseech thee, oh watchful creatures that lurk beyond the veil." Starting with a voice more steady than she felt, blood dripping outside of her own circle, "A mistake has been made that cannot be undone, though through a pact can be rectified. Please, hear my call and appear before me. Let me be your guide into this world, the door I shall open bound to my will. It, along with my deal, shall close should I bid you goodbye." A caution, creating a temporary path into the world was dangerous. To avoid something coming through freely to roam one needed specify conditions for staying, she was the condition. She needed whatever arrived to know she could send it back, but more than that she needed its help. She only hoped it didn't know how desperately.

Alone Caitlyn never would have had the power to pull off this kind of spell, the energy it would have taken to reach into the veil... This place was her only chance, and the power of the beings that lurked beyond was the only hope she knew of to put things right. He would never come back, she knew, but... she needed to do something to save others.

[/div]

"General, your brothers request your presence," The young man saluted while trying his best to keep from shivering in the process. The man he stood in front of was a marvel of a being. Having been crafted by the hands of God himself his beauty was no surprise. He had full and voluminous hair of the purest white contrasted by the dark chocolate tone of his skin. His eyes were the purest blue and his fractured irises appeared like radiant sapphires. His only clothing was long white cloth, intricately wrapped around his waist, that remained devoid of dirt even as he sat on the ground. It also only took a moment to see the time and effort that God had spent crafting his form. Every ridge and crevice of his body was delicate, pronounced, and strong. The young man started to forget his chill as he allowed himself to be enveloped into everything that the creature in front of him was.

"I guess I should see what my foolish brothers desire of me," The general declared in a smooth, low, and sultry voice as he rose from his seated position "If you can regain yourself, you will thaw some time after I leave your presence." Without another word the general journeyed from the clifftop he resided on and left the young man alone, still saluting, completely frozen up to his chest down.

"Brother Beliya'al, thank you for taking the time to answer my request," A man in armor of black proclaimed.

Beliya'al said nothing, but stared at his brother with a statuesque and almost bored expression.

"Ah yes, to the point then. The one know as Orphanium has made herself know in our war and is making strong pushes against us. The destruction she is capable of is well known among our people, and many of the angels believe that she is their long awaited savior. She is our enemies newest hope in their continual campaign of foolishness. Orphanium has begun a march to our stronghold so I believed this would be the perfect time to make you aware of her existence. Does her existence stir you to action my brother?"

With an unchanged expression Beliya'al turned away from his brother and left the command tent.

A large battle raged on the open plains. Bodies of demon and angel alike littered the ground. As each side continued to throw themselves at the other, a cold air blew through the battlefield. All combatants stopped aware of what the signal meant. The demons began their retreat knowing that victory was assured, and the angels remained locked in place afraid of the danger approaching. As the cold began to touch their bodies some angels fled, other cried out for help from their savior, and a few in defiance attacked.

"Why did we retreat," a couple of demons discussed "Is that who I think it is?"

"Yes young one, that is him. We are just in the way when he arrives. His power does not discriminate, and all things are put to rest in his presence."

"Is he really such a big deal?"

"Boy, he is death incarnate. I was told by one much older than me about him. He was created by God for the soul purpose of destroying his other creations. It was him that banished the leader from heaven. He measures the value of all and the unworthy are consumed by the ice that accompanies him. I even heard that he asked God to split his strength so that creation could have a chance."

"A chance for what?"

"Hope."

"Why is he not with God? Why is he here?"

"That I do not know. Enough talk, we must move, we are still too close."

As Beliya'al walked through the battlefield in search of Orphanium he found himself under attack. As a group of angels closed in with weapons drawn Beliya'al payed them no mind. As they approached him they moved slower and slower. By the time they were swinging their weapons, they were barely moving. Beliya'al was already a few steps past the angels as their bodies stopped moving and began to freeze. A few steps later the frozen bodies fell from the sky and smashed into pieces on the ground behind him.

"Everyone retreat," A voice directed over the panic of the battlefield. Beliya'al looked around for the source of the voice and found it approaching him. The angel in front of him struck an imposing form as she walked toward him seemingly unfazed. Beliya'al cocked his head slightly as he took her in. While her wings were like her peers, her hair was the darkest of blacks. Where his hair seemed to radiate light, her's seemed to absorb it. Small portions of armor covered vital regions, but left much of her caramel skin exposed and uninhibited. Her most striking feature was her glowing eyes that seemed to hold a raging thunderstorm within. All of this combined with the toned body and full lips made her not only imposing, but beautiful. She planted her spear into the ground before walking up to Beliya'al and speaking. "So you are the enemy of creation. Your stories do not do you justice. As you expect, I am Orphanium. It seems that it is finally time for our paths to cross. I look forward to our future together." Then without explanation she turned around and took up her weapon. "Call your weapon. You wont stand a chance without it."

"Bold assumption angel. I do wonder where your confidence comes from."

Orphanium chuckled and responded with "God" before lunging at Beliya'al at blinding speed.

Their battle continued for hours and then days. Both of them drawing out abilities from the other and pushing them to greater heights. It was on the third day that Orphanium began to get the upper hand. As she forced Beliya'al back, the beginnings of a smile started to form on his face. "It seems that I have underestimated you Orphanium," Beliya'al said as he dodged multiple stabs "It is time that I pay you the respect that you deserve." He then landed a strong kick to her stomach that sent her flying back into a nearby mountain. Then space around him then began to get colder as he began to recite an incantation.

"I am that which brings an end to all things. I am no longer the weapon of my father and the instrument of his will. He releases me and I have become the one without a master. My influence spreads across the land and my dominion spreads to all. The unworthy will be denied the warmth of my father, and all in time will walk through a world devoid of his touch. As the judge of my domain you have been found wanting. All will now be taken from you until you feel nothing but cold loneliness. It is too late to ask for forgiveness from my father. Ice and darkness will be your last companion."

At the end of his incantation a blindly white spear fell from the heavens and punctured the ground. The temperature continued to drop and the movement of the world slowed. When Beliya'al took hold of the spear the true terror began. Upon his touch everything began to freeze. Nothing was spared, not the previously warm bodies, not the magma heated ground, not even the once moving wind. His influence could be seen spreading out from where he stood and as it extended more and more was removed from the warmth of God.

"So this is the true you," Orphanium said "I understand now. Lets finish this."

The battle did not last much longer and ended with Beliya'al standing over Orphanium, his spear bearing down on her. As he looked down at Orphanium he was met by a confident grin. "It seems that it is my win," She declared.

"What do you mean?"

"Your smiling, that means that I win."

Beliya'al touched his face and realized that he was smiling. Then he did something even more out of character, he laughed. The sound of his laughter carried through the frozen expanse releasing the world from the stillness that he had brought. He planted his spear into the ground and took a knee beside Orphanium who still laid on the ground. "You have provided me something that I have yet to experience. I will make you a deal. If you chose to remain beside me so that I may feel like this whenever I choose, I will remove myself from this war with your people. What will you do Orphanium?"

Orphanium laughed as she felt the newly returning breeze. "It feels good doesn't it?"

Beliya'al looked at her with a questioning expression, another expression that he had never had before this moment. "What do you mean?"

"The warmth of God."

"That is not what you want to do child of man," a woman declared as she walked out from behind a tree nearby to where Caitlyn was "You are reaching for powers beyond your control and hoping that they do not over come you. Many much stronger than you have over played their hands in a similar fashion." The woman walked over so she was in front of Caitlyn and squatted down in front of her. The woman's dark black hair seemed to soak up the few beams of moonlight that passed through the dense trees above. She ran her hand through the salt barrier as she began talking again. "By the way, this will only protect you from the people who don't matter. You will need to get much stronger than this is you want protect yourself from the ones that do." She stood up again and extended a hand to Caitlyn. "You are in need of help correct? Come with me child of man. Let me take you to where you need to go so that you can unlock the hope that remains chained there. Don't worry about the others, they will be trying to get away from him as fast as possible. Come come, a rolling stone gathers no moss." The woman then waved her hand behind her and a frozen door appeared. As the door appeared the forest around began to get cold as well. The woman casually walked up to the frozen door and pulled them open, releasing a blast of frigid air. She then walked through the open doors into the unknown space beyond.

"Are you sure about this?"

"I will awaken with you whenever you have need of me."

"Then let us sleep together. Sweet dreams."

"Sweet dreams."

At the end of the long cold hallway was a warm room filled with greenery and all assortments of flowers. In the center of the room sat a blindingly white spear with a large pillar of ice behind it. Inside there appeared to be a man.

[class=PostieBoxL]width:75%;height:auto;min-height:250px;transition-duration:1s;opacity:1;border: 5px solid #ffffff;margin:auto;margin-top:50px;position:relative;padding:5px;[/class] [class=PostieBallL]width:200px;height:250px;padding:5px;float:left;border-radius:10%;margin-top:-50px;margin-left:-100px;margin-right:10px;[/class] [class=PostieAvieL]width:100%;height:100%;border-radius:10%;overflow:hidden;[/class] [class=PostieNameL]height:40px;padding-top:1px;margin-top:20px;margin-right:-5px;text-align:center;font-size:25px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostieBoxL]background:#333333;border-color:#BA7938;color:#ffffff;[/class] [class name=PostieBallL]background:#BA7938;[/class] [class name=PostieAvieL]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/vmbyvrh0/Caitlyn-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [class name=PostieNameL]background:#BA7938;color:#ffffff;[/class]
[div class=PostieBoxL][div class=PostieBallL][div class=PostieAvieL][/div][/div][div class=PostieNameL]Caitlyn Aertifae[/div][div class=Credit]Created by IdyllicDreamer[/div]
Try as she might to be steel, resolute and confident, Caitlyn would fail to maintain all of her composure when the other arrived. Part of her summoning, no, something else. The first words spoken by the woman would cause the young human to jump slightly, not enough to move out of her position but enough to show she was clearly startled. Green eyes moving upwards, looking at the other. The lessons, her errors, some of which she knew. She needed to become so much stronger, but she needed a solution sooner than the time it would take to truly hone her own potential, time was the worst enemy here.

"I do." Words spoken quietly in it all, she did need help, so badly. Looking beyond the woman towards the door, a chill running down her spine. Nipping at the portions of her clothing that were thinner, less suitable to colder weather, a shuddered breath released as the full force of it came seeping out. A whispering in her mind over how dangerous this was, following an unknown being of power through a magic door. That would have been icing on the cake for all of the mistakes she had made today, should it turn out to be a trick. Yet... it didn't feel like one, this figure didn't give her the same clawing sensation she had felt earlier during the incident. It was something else, yet still she hesitated for a beat, two.

Abruptly in her thoughts she would simply stand, picking sore limbs up before she would simply walk towards, then into, the frozen hallway. Arms folding around herself through the hall, what manner of beast on the other side would be able to aid her? Muttering an incantation under her breath, words soft, something to warm her bones and flesh. This wouldn't protect her from all of it, but it would make her feel a bit better. Stronger, if nothing else. If only an illusion of strength.

"Is this the one who can help me?" The question felt stupid as soon as it had escaped her lips, the woman had said she would lead her help, he was the only one here but... The ice, the pillar... The greenery around it, a contradiction of things in this space. He looked imprisoned, a trick? Would the situation be made far worse by trying to free him... Could she free him?

"How... How do w-, I, how do I release him?" The we almost slipping out, as if the two were suppose to be in this together. But no, Caitlyn couldn't expect this woman to do everything here for her. She had already brought her here, so it was probably up to her to get him out of the ice... Right? Feeling more ignorant than a child right now, a child trying to sit at the adult table and participate in the conversation.

[/div]

The woman walked up to the pillar of ice and placed a gentle hand upon the gelid surface. She turned her head and met Caitlyn with a chuckle and warm smile. "Yes, this is the one who can help you," She answered "Who else would it be? There is no one else here, but us." She then walked over to the spear that took up residence in front of the ice pillar. "As for how you release him, this would be your answer. You must remove this spear from the ground. Once that is done, the ice that surrounds him will melt and he will once again walk the realms of God."

The woman then walked over to Caitlyn and placed a soft hand on he shoulder. "I will help you remove the spear, but I will warn you before you do so," She explained "To touch the spear is to be judged. While I can give you the strength to remove the spear, I can not protect you from its effects. The spear will take the warmth from your body when you take hold of it. Forgive yourself for anything that weighs you down. If you weigh yourself down with your own guilt the cold will over take you. If you are strong of spirit and hold no ill desire you will be able to remove the spear before you freeze. "

"I have frightened you enough. It is about time that I provided the help that I promised." Lightning crackled around the woman's form and then traveled through her to the hand that touched Caitlyn. As soon as the lightning connected with Caitlyn a much grander bolt appeared above her and crashed down into her body. The exchange was done in seconds and after the bolt hit, the woman released her grasp of Caitlyn. "There you go," the woman stated with an accomplished grin. "Feel free to remove the spear when ever your ready."

Beliya'al sat at the edge of a cliff and looked down on the land below him. He was in the middle of taking a bite of an apple when he heard footsteps behind him. "So what are you thinking about," Orphanium asked as she took a seat beside him.

"My father's world and my place in it. After what happened, I am not sure of what I am anymore."

Orphanium leaned into him and rested her head on his shoulder. "I know what you are if you really want to know."

"What? You do?"

"Yes, it became quite apparent when I first fought you. I am surprised that you haven't figured it out yet."

"Would you mind guiding this lost sheep?"

"Of course, it is the least I can do for Beliya'al, the Keeper of God's Warmth."

[class=PostieBoxL]width:75%;height:auto;min-height:250px;transition-duration:1s;opacity:1;border: 5px solid #ffffff;margin:auto;margin-top:50px;position:relative;padding:5px;[/class] [class=PostieBallL]width:200px;height:250px;padding:5px;float:left;border-radius:10%;margin-top:-50px;margin-left:-100px;margin-right:10px;[/class] [class=PostieAvieL]width:100%;height:100%;border-radius:10%;overflow:hidden;[/class] [class=PostieNameL]height:40px;padding-top:1px;margin-top:20px;margin-right:-5px;text-align:center;font-size:25px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostieBoxL]background:#333333;border-color:#BA7938;color:#ffffff;[/class] [class name=PostieBallL]background:#BA7938;[/class] [class name=PostieAvieL]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/vmbyvrh0/Caitlyn-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [class name=PostieNameL]background:#BA7938;color:#ffffff;[/class] [div class=PostieBoxL][div class=PostieBallL][div class=PostieAvieL][/div][/div][div class=PostieNameL]Caitlyn Aertifae[/div][div class=Credit]Created by IdyllicDreamer[/div]
Even as the woman took the slip well Caitlyn felt her face flush, why had she asked such a stupid question, such an obvious question. The situation didn't call for it and she could have certainly kept her mouth shut, dammit. If nothing else at least the other woman wasn't looking at her as if she were the fool that Caitlyn currently felt herself to be, hopefully she could keep from doing that further in the future... Something of which would be the least of her concerns when she found out how she was suppose to free him.

Guilt. Ashton. She had to forgive herself, of all things. Let go of such a fresh, raw, thing when she had hardly even allowed herself to process it. To dwell upon the fact that it was her fault, all of it. He had said something stupid while they were talking, one of those remarks that was funny in just a certain way. Obviously she liked the joke, his sense of humor, but it was far more enjoyable for their game if she got after him about it... The goofy smile on his face always suggested he felt the same way about the banter, anyways. So she pushed him in that scolding way, the way that had just that small note of humor to it to show she wasn't serious. Then everything turned serious, and he was dead.

How could she forgive herself for that? Thoughts shattered there for a moment, the woman speaking once more, settling her attention away from the spear to her once more. Yet it didn't last very long as she gasped, flinching slightly at the bolt though she felt no pain from it. Startled, of course, which lead to the decision of her next action. Forgive herself, or freeze to death, fabulous. The option of running seemed impossible in of itself, not for the fact that she didn't think she could, she simply... didn't accept the idea of doing such.

"Thank you." Caitlyn's voice was quiet when she spoke, before she would move closer to reach for the spear. Thoughts giving her pause once more before she made actual contact, feeling the bite of the cold as her mind circled back to him, could he have forgiven her, were they able to speak? It would be that thought alone that gave her the final push she needed to grab it.

A gasp would come out as the biting cold drove away her spell, drove away warmth, as she held on tight. Clenching her eyes shut, teeth gritting, part of her wanting to let the damned thing go right then and there. Yet, she wouldn't, couldn't. There was too much at stake for her own personal comfort to even come close to important, instead trying to aim that gifted strength into pulling the damned thing out. In the end, it would be he who gave her the internal strength needed. Because she knew, deep down, that he would have been able to forgive her. Giving up would have been the most unforgivable thing she could do.
[/div]

"You can do it Caitlyn," the woman softly cheered from beside her "Don't give up. Just a little bit more. Come on, you are almost there. One last push, you can do it." When the spear became dislodged from the ground the woman let out a joyous yip and rapidly clapped. "Well done Caitlyn, I knew that you could do it. I am proud of you. Now please drop the spear before you freeze to death."

With the spear out of the ground, the pillar of ice began to rapidly melt. Waves of heat seemed to emanate from the ice in consistent pulses. A fog quickly covered the room and made the lush green floor nearly invisible. It only took three minutes for the pillar to melt enough that the man inside was freed. His body fell into the ice that still remained below him. The water on the man's body became steam and soon there was no ice left in the entire space. After another minute the fog cleared and the only thing that remained of the ice was a light humidity to the air.

Beliya'al took a slow and controlled breath as his various senses returned to him. The short moment that it took for his senses to return felt like an eternity to him. As all the feelings of life over took him at once, Beliya'al felt a sense of nostalgia. While he did not remember the moment of his creation, he was sure that it had felt exactly like this. As his eternity past slowly for him, he enjoyed every second.

After completely recovering Beliya'al raised his head from the ground to look at the world around him. Even without his sight, he could feel Orphanium next to him. The thought that he could spend more time with her immediately brought a smile to his face. When he looked up and saw Caitlyn a questioning look painted is face. After taking a slow look around he returned sapphire eyes to Caitlyn. He was sure of what he was feeling, but was confused by what he was seeing. Had Orphanium changed her form while they were frozen? Beliya'al was sure that that wasn't the case, but had no better explanation. With nothing better to do than find the answers for himself, Beliya'al moved his body into action and made his way to his feet. His body had just stopped steaming as he walked over Caitlyn.

"BhavAn kaH," Beliya'al asked Caitlyn "Kim Avazyakam?"

The woman chuckled from behind Caitlyn before tapping on her shoulder. "You probably don't know what that means, but it is fine." the woman explained with a smile " Tell him your name and what you are doing here. You can use any language you like, I promise that he will be able to understand you. Also good job so far, you are almost finished."

[class=PostieBoxL]width:75%;height:auto;min-height:250px;transition-duration:1s;opacity:1;border: 5px solid #ffffff;margin:auto;margin-top:50px;position:relative;padding:5px;[/class] [class=PostieBallL]width:200px;height:250px;padding:5px;float:left;border-radius:10%;margin-top:-50px;margin-left:-100px;margin-right:10px;[/class] [class=PostieAvieL]width:100%;height:100%;border-radius:10%;overflow:hidden;[/class] [class=PostieNameL]height:40px;padding-top:1px;margin-top:20px;margin-right:-5px;text-align:center;font-size:25px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostieBoxL]background:#333333;border-color:#BA7938;color:#ffffff;[/class] [class name=PostieBallL]background:#BA7938;[/class] [class name=PostieAvieL]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/vmbyvrh0/Caitlyn-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [class name=PostieNameL]background:#BA7938;color:#ffffff;[/class] [div class=PostieBoxL][div class=PostieBallL][div class=PostieAvieL][/div][/div][div class=PostieNameL]Caitlyn Aertifae[/div][div class=Credit]Created by IdyllicDreamer[/div]
The moment she could Caitlyn ended up dropping the spear, ragged trembling breaths as the warmth too slowly returned to her body. The heat that melted the ice aiding her as well, sensation slowly returning. A thing she would hardly focus on for long, though she was unable to fully see the events happening before her. The steam, fog, settling in too thickly for that. The ancient power rippling, trickling through her senses causing a new chill of sorts through her. She was in over her head, vastly, and she had been all day. Releasing yet another being of sorts, all she could hope was that this one would work out for the best.

Till the point he was look at her, she must not have been what he expected by the look on his face. Resisting the urge to step back at his approach, wanting to seem more stable than she felt. Wanting to shove that fear of the situation down into a place where it couldn't cause her to hesitate, couldn't interrupt what she needed to do.

Running her thoughts over what, exactly, she wanted to say she wouldn't have anything by the time he walked over to her, speaking in a language she couldn't hope to recognize there. That woman who had been aiding her speaking, but Caitlyn wouldn't turn back to her. Instead keeping her eyes focused on him, unsure of the idea of turning away, the power in all of this even she could feel... There was so much to learn about all of this, everything here that she was new wrapped up in. Yet it was hardly the time, once more forced to blindly charge into it all. Hope for the best and that she could adapt to the situation rather than being consumed by it.

"I'm... My name is Caitlyn Aertifae, and I need your help." That was a simple enough way to start, really. The barest of information to inform him of something going on... Mystified for a moment that she had managed to keep her voice level, kept any tremors out of it. Firm, so different from the jelly her legs seemed to be.

"Earlier today we.. I released something sealed away, somethings. I'm not strong enough to stop them myself." What all information did he need in this? Probably not the whole situation, though she quickly decided not to worry about what to explain... Whatever he needed to know she was sure he had the sense to ask for himself...

"When I requested assistance I was brought here to you."

[/div]

Beliya'al looked at the woman with a curious expression as she spoke. He had never heard this language before, but he was able to understand it as it was an off chute of the first language. As he listened, it made him wonder how much time had past for the humans to create and use this new language. As he listened to her, he made sure to learn the language in the process. From the little bit that she gave him, it was easy enough to extrapolate the rest of it."

When the human Caitlyn finished, he found himself with an important bit of information. He had already knew that by him being awake that the seal had been broken. The only thing he was confused about was where Orphanium was. He got a clue to this matter when Caitlyn mentioned that she was brought here to him. "So Orphanium led this human here," He said to himself "It is then likely that she is some how prevented from manifesting. I wonder what has happened in the time I have been sealed. No matter, I have time to find my answers."

With a direction set, Beliya'al set himself to his next task. His sapphire eyes fell onto Caitlyn as he spoke. "So you need my help," He answered in Caitlyn's language "I have no issue helping you, but what do I get out of this situation. I hope that you did not come only to take and not to give. Let's make a deal human."

Just as the woman had said he did seem to understand what she was saying, though nothing was technically said about a response she herself would be able to understand. There was some level of relief for her when he finally answered her request, this could work. This was going far better than she had expected, agreement for the most part with the very hitch in it that she had always expected. Caitlyn knew she would never obtain something for nothing, and had never expected to. People, magic, none of it ever worked that way, why should she have any reason to believe this would?

"No, I knew I would have to be willing to give something." The question was what would he want? He already had far more power than her, so she couldn't imagine he would want her powers in all of this. A thought trickled in her mind then, of a movie she had once seen where an unusually friendly demon expected hair of all things, just in the one instance. She highly doubted she could get away with offering that, but it did pose a bigger question to her mind. Would it be something she could live without?

"I just didn't want to presume what you might want, aside from... maybe a winter coat." Inwardly she cringed at that, but it was far too late to try and take it back. Instead focusing back on what was normally requested in these kinds of situations, the ones she had heard of. Power, she already crossed that off. Energy? A little different, that had potential. Her soul? The most terrifying of her prominent thoughts, that would probably be the hardest one for her.

[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back