• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

All in the Game

Questor

It had been Fifty years since the Reble Alliance had managed to destroy the second Death Star and Emperor Palapatain who was also known to be a Sith Lord. All was due to one brave and selfless Jedi that had not known he even had the force with him. Him and those that had rallied around him were consdered the heros of the New Republic. But the New Republic did not want a repeat of what had happened. They did not wish to have the Jedi back and had would not hear of having another Academy started.

As the New Republic grew and reclaimed systems into its rule, the remaints of the Empires Imperial fleet had made a stand and had forged a New Empire. Smaller then the one before it as was the New Republic but still stong enough to hold its own against any attack. An uneasy truce was made and due to the cost of building the Death Stars and Super Star Destroyers, both the New Republic and Empire could not afford to build such weapons any more. Those that had existed had been destroyed in the explosion of the last Death Star. But enough of the rest of the Emperial Fleet survived to help form the New Empire. It was as ruthless as the first but now was ruled by an Emperor that had once ben an Admiral in the Imperial Feet and had rallied its forces to help defend what worlds he claimed as the Empire.

The bridge of the Raven was in a shambles. Wires and conduent hung everywhere, consols were blackened where fires had flared. The smell of smoke filled the air even though the ventelation system had purged all the smoke some time ago. "Port Control, this is the Raven. Need emergency medical care. Coming in with minimum control, request emergency landing." Direct comm to the Star Base was not possible so he had to broadcast it over the specrum of frequencies so that it would get through. Every ship at the Star base would hear it.

Krell and his bridge crew brought the ship down from space. One could see that it had been in one hell of a fight. Black scorch marks were everywhere from being hit by blaster fire and there were several hull breaches as well. Over the coms came a mans voice, " Emergency Crews to Bay 9, emergency medical personel report to Bay 9 immediately." Krell and his pilot barely brought the ship in and landed it. Gangways were moved into place and hatches opned to allow the medical personnel in. Soon wounded pirates were being taken off the ship.

The Raven was a well known pirate ship that made use of the Space Port and at times sold its cargo at. The Raven was a ship not like any other ship that was known. Indeed it was not. It had been a prototype for the empire, and was to be its new front line ship. It was smaller then a crusier, a bit larger then a destroyer, but had the firepower of a heavy cruiser. Krell had stolen it when he and other prisoners on a prison planet escaped. They even had the plans for the ship on board and the empire was wanting to get her back badly.

When Krell had all his crew off, those wounded off to the medical facility, and the others off to various bars and establishments he left the ship. As he left the ship, he spotted the Jesabell. It was another pirate ship and was said to have a Female Captain. The daughter of a Pirate Captain that had died at the hands of the Imperials. It was going to be a while before repairs that would make the Raven space worthy again, enough to get it back to the Haven. The Haven, Krells hideaway amongest an astoroid belt. He made his way towards the Jezabell.

The Jezabell was a deceptive ship, smaller, but sleek and agile. The repairs being done to this ship weren't from a recent fire fight but rather out of need to repair and upgrade her engines. The small crew had mostly taken leave, only Captain Leria and a couple of droids were behind to make the adjustments. That was just fine by her.

Even outside the ship the music could be heard, inside, it would be impossible for any normal human to think, but Leria wasn't exactly normal. She enjoyed the feel of the music, just as the actual music itself. This was a recorded track from some back water planet, mostly drums and chanting, but she found it soothing and much easier to work. For her, it made the ship feel alive. It was times like these that she loved the most...the quiet of not having another soul around. Not that she didn't adore her crew, she just valued her alone time.

Krell looked at the freighter. He had an apprasing eye for ships and he saw more into the Jezabell then a normal person could see. He saw were the gun turrets were and the missile launchers were located. A sleek ship made for speed, but well armed. He wore his black leather coat, pants and shiny knee high leather boots. Slung low on his right hip was his blaster. He looked but he didn't try to go in. He had other matters to attend. The repair of his ship would take time and he had three dead and five wounded crewmen. Good men that had been with him since the day they broke free from the prison and stole the Raven. Four years had passed since then and he had made the Empire pay and would make them pay more for the death of his friends and shipmates.

He heard the music and could not place where it came from. So many worlds and so many different types of music and the like. Some sounded horrible and hurt his ears. Others were soothing and others reminded him of things in his life. "You have cargo to be taken off the ship Captain?" came a voice from behind him. He turned and looked at the man. He had done buisness with him before.

"Aye, there be some. Enough to cover the cost of the repairs." he told the man. The man smiled, and nodded and then turned and left.

Leria flopped back against the floor of the ship under the opened control panel, tempted to throw her hydro spanner at the rapidly beeping droid, her voice sounding more tired than sarcastic, “Gee – you think we need the new part?” Sighing heavily she stripped the gloves off of her hands before pressing her palms against her forehead, “I know, I know, I should have just bought the stupid thing rather than thinking I could modify what we had to handle the increased power.” The R4 unit wobbled excitedly back and forth as it continued beeping shrilly. “Yes, I know we were lucky not to fry the whole thing. Just – just stop. I’ll go and buy the stupid part, ok?” Without waiting for the droid to finish the softer beeps indicating it’s approval, she was up and heading towards her quarters to get washed up and changed to go out to get the stupid uplink harness.

Forty-Five minutes later she stood in front of the mirror to look herself over in preparation to go shopping. Long black hair that was tipped in blue and green was loose and flowing down her back, and she was dressed modestly in a comfortable pair of soft black leather pants, basic boots and a deep green flowing shirt that matched both the green in her hair and the green in her eyes. For a moment she eyed the deep blue swirls that graced the sides of her ivory face, while they gave her an exotic appearance, they marked her as the near human that she was. Before she died, her mother refused to say anything about her father, only revealing that he loved both of them very much and that he had died protecting her while she was still pregnant. That, and he was responsible for naming her.

Shaking her head she stuck her tongue out at the too serious face in the mirror and headed off ship, making sure her blaster was visible at the curve of her hip, and her back up was not visible in the holster in her boot. This was one of those places that she didn’t feel like she needed to put on makeup to hide the swirls, there was after all some left over hostility towards non humans after the empire broke a part, so it was best not to take any chances. All of her crew would be at the bars, so before buying the part she’d planned on sneaking in and buying them all a round before getting the part they needed to move on to the next job

Krell first went to the medical facility to see how his wounded men were doing. Three were still in surgery and the other two were in the healing tank as medical droids began sealing their wounds and mending the broken bones. Half the crew was there as well and he could not see them all just hanging around waiting, so he gathered them up and took them to one of the local bars for drinks. Their hauls had been fairly good of late and they had amassed enough to live on and resupply the ship for some time. Though the ship was a bit smaller then a cruiser, it did not need as many crew that one did. In all he had thirty men under his command on the Raven and a number of droids. The ship had been built to minimize the number of crew and make it more efficient.

The owner of the bar knew Krell and his crew quite well, as they always seemed to drift to his bar when they were in port. "Well now I have the honor of having two of the most renowned pirates in the Empire in my establishment. You know the Emperor has increased the reward on your head. You are making life miserable for the Imperials." he laughed. He then looked past Krell to the entrance of the bar and seen Leria and called out to her "Leria, Darling. You honor me with your presence." he moved through the throng of people to her and embraced her.

She chuckled and ducked her head slightly at the warm and very loud greeting. Internally she groaned, this was supposed to be an in and out thing. She was definitely going to get caught by her crew this time. Putting on a dazzling smile she returned the warm welcome, though anyone with a keen eye could see she was embarrassed by the attention by the pale shade of pink she became. “I’m well enough. I’ve missed stopping in – how are you?” This little place was something obviously comfortable for her, as her eyes only swept the room twice and when the man spoke to her she kept eye contact and seemed to be relaxed.

After the normal pleasantries were exchanged she deftly slipped a credstick into his hand, murmuring softly to him about the next round for her crew was on her. Unlike most in her line of work, she wasn’t exactly the showy type. This exchange however was almost a game between her and her small crew, paying for drinks and then sneaking back out before they caught on. It wasn’t until about the 7th or 8th time that she’d done this that her pilot had even caught on. From there the whole thing sort of escalated and for a while she was even wearing disguises to not get caught. They in turn found the whole thing to be hysterical and would work to bust her at it. Those times they did, she would have a drink with them. In the end, they turned into one of the sharpest eyed crews and they could usually read peoples intentions by their body language and word choice. Just thinking about it brought another smile to her face.

While standing there speaking softly to the owner a large red male Twi’lek slowly stood up from a table with several other people sitting at it. At his full height, the mountain Twi’lek had to have been close to 8 feet tall, a rarity among his species for both his color and size. Surprising quiet, the male stalked over to the Captain and the human she was speaking with and laid one massive hand on her shoulder, causing her to jump slightly. With his height, even though she was fairly tall at about 5’10 she seemed small standing next to him. At that a huge grin spread over his face as he leaned in to say something directly to her ear.

Evidently Gorkof knew the young woman that had entered the room. The name was familar to Krell as well. It was the name of the Captain of the ship that was docked next to his. He moved up to the bar and put a cred stick down and told the bartender when it ran out to let him know. His crew then bellied up to the bar and began drinking. Evidently the other half of his crew was out other places as were their way. Krell watched the embarased Captain and Gorkof talk when a huge Twl'lek moved over and placed a hand on her shoulder and then bent down to whisper something to her.

"Come." Gorkof tugged on Leria's arm. I want you to meet someone." he almost dragged her over to Krell. "Leria, I want you to meet Krell, Captain of the Raven. Krell this is Leria, Captain of the Jezabell."

Krell leaned back on the bar, his drink in hand. He raised his glass in a salute to her and smiled. "Nice to meet you Captain." he said and took a drink. With so many differnt races out there, he wondered which one she was, or which ones. It looked as if she was a mixture of two races. The blend was not unpleasent, made her look exotic. He liked that.

Leria patted the Twi’lek’s hand before being drug off, “I’ll be over in a bit”, she can’t help but laugh at Ma’rek, “Yeah, you caught me fair and square.” Again the large red male flashed a huge smile before going back to sit with the other crew.

Looking at Krell she flashed him a smile, although it’s nowhere near as warm or open as the one she gave the owner it does reach her eyes making them sparkle slightly. “It’s a pleasure to meet an acquaintance of Gorkoff.” Her head tilts slightly to the side at the mention of the ship, “You’re the Captain of The Raven? I’m so sorry for your loss then – she looked like a sweet ship. She’ll be out for a while by the looks of her.” Her voice carries smoothly over the din of the bar, though she’s obviously not raising it. It has a strange sort of lilting accent to it, indicating that she’s moved around quite a bit. “You’ll be here then for a while, I’m sure he’ll take good care of you.” The nods with her head towards their mutual friend.

Not being much of a talker with those that she was unfamiliar with she shifts her weight from one foot to another and looks Krell over. Gorkoff tended to surround himself with notable people in some way or another. It wasn’t necessarily for any nefarious reasons – as far as she could tell anyway, they were all just had something special about them and she couldn’t help but wonder what made him so interesting. Then again, it could just be the ship. Either way, she was curious enough to keep an eye on this one.

Krell could see that she was a bit uneasy with talking to strangers. "My thanks." he said when she gave her condolances for the men he had lost. "She will be here for basic repairs, enough to get me to where I can have her fully repaired, and back in action." He couldn't wait to be gone again. The Empire needed to be plundered. Not only did he sell his cargo at times, but gave it away to those that needed what was in it, more so then those he would sell it to and they would sell it at twice the cost. He also had his lair to keep going. Only his crew and him knew where it was, besides those that lived there. He called it Haven. A refuge for those that the Empire pursecuted because they wanted to leave it or have it changed.

"Well you be safe here my friend." Gorkoff told Krell. "But I be watching my back out there." he nodded to beyond the entrance to the bar. "Like I said earlier, the price on your head has gone up and you will have every bounty hunter in the empire and probably the new republic after your hide."

Krell chuckled. "Ah it feels so nice to be wanted by so many." he turned to Leria "So where are you off to when you are done here? Or are you staying for a while to let your crew enjoy some quality tine here at Gorkoff's place?"

She couldn't quite keep the laugh to herself when he made the wanted comment and the sound came out sounding a bit like a giggle before she cleared her throat.

"I'm planning on letting them relax while I finish the upgrade, but after I'm not convinced. We have a salvage offer which looks pretty sweet, and a second offer for" she paused looking for the right word before grinning, "art retrieval."

The bar tender handed her a drink about the same time the table with the red twi'lek cheered making her smile a bit more. "What about you? Anything exciting planned?"

Art Retrieval. He would have put it in differant terms. Relocating articial materials or something like that. But down and out, stealing someone's art collection and selling it or stealing it for someone that was willing to pay a good price for it. But that is what Pirates did. Some were not like her and him. They were rotten to the core and would murder you as to look at you. They killed the crews of the ships they attacked and if the ship was worth anything they would take it and sell it as well or convert it to be another pirate vessel. Krell was considered a pirate but he was a bit more then that. He went out of his way to attack and destroy imperial ships when ever he could. He was costing the Empire quite a bit to try and replace those he destroyed. Every one he did, weakened the Empire just that little bit more.

When asked about what he was going to be doing, "Once my ship is fixed enough to get me to my base, I will have repairs done there, then cause the Empire more pain and loss." he grinned. "Have been told of a secret mining operation that is using forced labor, slave labor if you ask me. Probably go make a mess of their mining operation and free the poor devils. Take them back to my base where they will have a lot better life, before I can get them into the New Republic."

She nods as he speaks, taking a long drink as she listens. "That sounds like a good run. I have a couple of men who that particular action would be near and dear to to their hearts, if you're looking for extra hands that is."

Taking another long drink she sighs and sets the half empty glass on the bar and looks around the room again. "Most of my men are at that table there. The two girls are likely shopping." She laughs again and picks up the drink, playing with the straw.

"Well there will be no take on that particular run. It will be just making the Empire suffer a bit more and disrupted what ever plans the Emperor has." Though the thought of a secret mining facility had him intriqued. Why be so secretive and have slave labor. Unless it was something very valuable or rare. On the other hand if there was something of value there, he would take it and see what he could get for it. "But that is in the near future. Right now I have the pleasure of waiting till my ship is repaired. A very dull life for one use to having his feet on the deck of a ship."

About then two men walked into the bar. They looked around and he could see how their eyes fell upon the two of them. Bounty hunters, he assumed by the way they carried themselves and their blasters at their hips. "I get that very wanted feeling all of a sudden." Krell says as he nods his head in their direction. They wouldn't try anything in the bar. Gorkoff had enough security to deal with them. But outside, now that was an entirely different matter. But the fools probably didn't realize that a number of the patrons were the crew of both ships. It was going to be an interesting walk back to the ship.

Leria eyed the two well outfitted men that wandered in and for a moment her heart leapt in her throat as she thought that she recognized Mandalorian armor. After shaking her head she took a second look and realized that it was just a trick of the lighting that made her think that. Breathing a sigh of relief she finished her drink she set the now empty glass on the bar. Looking to her newest acquaintance with a mischievous half-smile, “you know, you might want to consider getting fan club jackets with how popular you’re getting.” Chuckling softly at her own joke she slowly turns back to look at her crew before asking him, “So, how do you want to handle this? Would you rather let it alone for now?”

This sort of thing could go very back very quickly and she was curious as to how he’d want to handle it. Neither crew was particularly large, but she had a feeling that both were well trained. Well, most of hers were well trained. The two girls that were out were not exactly combat-capable. It’s not that they weren’t useful, just not until someone had already been hurt. Brushing the hair out of her eyes she took the time to survey the room again, checking to make certain that those hunters hadn’t sent someone in ahead to scout that would be able to help them.

How did he want to handle it. Well not inside that was for sure. To many innocent people might get caught in a crossfire. "Unless they are really good and know that we both have crew members here, I say we take it out side. They probably will follow and try to take us before we reach the docking area." He leaned over the bar and said something to the Bartender who filled a tray with drinks and took them to Leria's crew and then to some of his. He whispered to one in each group and then came back to the bar. Krell's First Mate Nate glanced in his direction and gave a slight nod. Half of those there, five in all of Krells crew left the bar as did a couple of her crew. "Give them a few minutes." he told her, "then we will leave and the when they leave to follow us, the rest of our crews will follow them. "

The two bounty hunters were sipping their drinks or making like they were. They wanted to be well in control of their reflexes and minds. Krell had seen their like before and had dealt with a few. Most didn't want to tangle with him or his crew. But with the amount that was on his head now, they would be wanting to try. Only thing would be would the be able to collect from the Empire. They might find themselves pressed into service as slave labor somewhere as their reward. Krell knew the Empire all to well.

She watched her crew filter outside slowly and ordered herself another drink, mentally tracking where her crew went, and how long it would take for them to set up in the hallways. Once she was certain they were good to go, she finished off the new glass before she eased her way out of the chair she was in. Pausing to look at him, “Krell, it’s been… interesting.” She gives him a bit of a smile, “Good luck on your future endeavors.” Her words are slightly over annunciated, and just a little too loud as if the drinks she had earlier were starting to catch up with her and as she walked towards the door her steps weren’t quite steady, and there was a definitely pronounced sway in her hips, suggesting she was well aware of exactly how attractive she was.

Looking over at the second drink she had, it appeared as if it were a stronger drink, topped by something fruity, but being so close he couldn’t smell anything that would have gotten her drunk. Looking back at him she giggled again before continuing to towards the front of the place.

Oh he knew she was not drunk. Two drinks would not affect a person like that. But of course the Bounty Hunters would not. They would not know how much she had to drink. He watched her go and then he finished up his drink and walked across the floor to the door. He knew as soon as he left the two Bounty Hunters would be on their feet and heading to the door as well. They hoped for an easy target or targets. The huge space station had a number of levels as well as promanades and huge open spaces where vendors came to sell anything and everything. The bar was off of one of these promanades. it opened on to a wide balcony that circled above another floor. Metal stairs lead down from it in many places and he could see Leria on the floor below as he began his decent.

This was to open and to many people about for the Bounty Hunters and they waited until Krell and Leria was going down a hall way before they made their move. They came up behind the two and called out. "Hands in the Air. Don't even think of going for your blasters, you will be dead before your hands touch them. Bounty says dead or alive, makes no different to us." Krell smiled as he put his hands in the air and turned to face them.

"You really want to do this?" he asked and shook his head. He moved his index finger to point behind them and one of them turned to look. Several of their crew members were standing there with drawn blasters pointed at the two. Then he jerked his thumb back to the other direction where the rest of them emerged from rooms on both sides of the hall way with their blasters in hand. Oh the look on their faces were priceless, and he wondered if he smelled something funny coming from them. He slowly walked forward to one and releived him of his weapon. "Nice try but we are not that easy to take down." he told them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back