Race/Ethnicity

Caucasian (White), Scottish

Male

Sexuality

Asexual

Marital Status

Single

Current Family Member

Moyra Haines - Mother(lives in Glasgow and works at a small bar)

|Appearance Description|

Face Shape

Square

Hair Style

Swept casually to one side

Hair Color

Walnut Brown

Eye Color

Forest green Iris, slightly blood shot scelra

Skin Color

Pale, with some slight tanning on his face and arms

Height

5'11'' (180 Cm)

Weight

130lb (59Kg)

Body Type

Skinny with very little muscle

Tattoo(s)

No

Scar(s)

No

|Personal Information|

Personality

Aldwin is very changeable in his personality depending on the situation one minute he will be seriously talking to you about the loss of a friend or how your house is about to be demolished following you and offering condolences before the entire facade vanishes and he laughs to himself because you just fell into a massive muddy puddle due to an obscured trip wire. That sort of trick in unusual for Aldwin but not uncommon, he normally favours more elaborate lasting tricks rather than short term pranks just to get a laugh but as he puts it, even a trickster needs to relax sometimes. He will put on whatever personality or emotion is required from the current act. If Aldwin is not currently playing a part however he is an always smiling personality, he is always there with a smile and more often than not a sharp quip to back it up. He often tries to occupy the centre of attention wearing dramatic if no t necessarily flamboyant clothing and trying to be charming to everyone he meets.

In a conflict Aldwin will often try use diplomacy to try and talk his way out of a situation and in the chance that a mixture of charming words and disguised threats and blackmail fail then he will often resort to his ichor over entering direct combat. Although he has a small combat training, his father insisted just in case everything else should fail him, but his main strength lies in the power of his Ichor. If locked in combat Aldwin will often respond with taunts in between every engagement while he uses divine power to obscure his position as much as possible. 

Chaos

Tricking people

Watching his plans unfold

Stealing stuff

Dislikes

Do gooders

People trying to stop his plans

Stupid people

Goals

To expand his network of informants and other strategic people.

To have fun (By causing small scale chaos)

Fears

Afraid of his mother dying

Fears failing his father

Strengths

Photographic memory

Very creative and finds it easy to visualise his ideas

He is very good at obtaining information that is hard to find or restricted

Weaknesses

Sometimes has difficulty understanding why people can't grasp simple (to him concepts)

If he gets into conflict that he can't escape he will often taunt the opponent which normally just gets him in more trouble.

He has a lower pain tolerance than most people and so smaller wounds will have a greater effect on him

Background

[SIZE=10.5pt]Aldwin was born to a relatively poor family with his mother working as a bar made in one of the rougher bars in the city, one in which it was a good night if only two stools ended up broken. Throughout his early life neither he or his mother had any idea who his father was, to him it was just some man his mum never talked about and to her he was just a charming attractive man who was regular for a few weeks slept with her and then up and left. While growing up he attended school but didn't push it, to him all of the work seemed easy taking him only half the time as most of the other students. He was fairly lonely, most people not really talking to the swot, until he heard some people talking in the playground about how their other friend had just told them a secret that would be life changing to the other. This made Aldwin think, did everyone have secrets, the one he overheard wasn't particularly interesting but surely some people must be keeping more interesting stuff to themselves. So he immersed himself into the social scene doing everything he could to try and get in to try and hear more secrets. He tutored people, turned up to groups in the playground and found that whenever he was talking to people he fell into a sort of rhythm that seemed to keep everyone enthralled. Slowly he began to learn more secrets and so he learnt more about the people but not just his fellow students but their parents and their parent’s friends, he found it remarkable how many people ignored him just because he was young.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As he moved into high school he met an issue, his mum had just been fired from her job when the pub had closed down the damages finally forcing it to close. His mum didn't tell him for a few months until they were running really low on money, thinking about what he could do to help he remembered that the kid who sat next to him in science's dad owned a small pub in another part of town, asking for a favour from the boy to meet his dad was no problem, the boy was obviously new to this area and still getting to know people and so he wouldn't dare upset the boy who seemed to be at the heart of everything. Once he met the father he asked if he could offer his mum a job the man replied flat out no. As the father replied Aldwin had a niggling thought that he remembered this man until it hit him with a flash, he did this man was having an affair with one of the mum's from his last school. After a brief moment of thought he decided to see what the man would do if he threatened to expose his secret, after all people tried to hide secrets so surely exposing them might make him think twice. As soon as Aldwin mentioned the affair the man blanched and immediately said that now he thought about it a new spot had just opened up in his pub and he would be happy to employ Aldwin's mother to fill it. That was the event that showed Aldwin the true power of secrets and how people will go to enormous lengths to protect and conceal them. Even with this steady stream of income now coming from his mum's new Job Aldwin decided that it was time for his family moved up in the world. He started with some mild theft just the odd thing here and there just to give him some spending cash, then as he got older the targets got bigger, charm the lady at the till in the Starbucks and then when she's occupied lift the money from the till. When he reached 6th from Aldwin and his mother had moved into a nicer safer part of town but Aldwin never forgot where he came from. But he decided that he had had enough of doing the thefts himself there was a far to higher chance of being caught so using some monetary incentives combined with a bit of blackmail he built a small gang, over the remaining two years of his high school the gang grew until it occupied a lot of what was once the rough neighbourhood. 'Once' because now it is one of the safest places in the city, Aldwin doesn't demand exorbitant protection fees and in return his gang keeps any lesser criminals off the streets through fear of what might happen. The stories that the police still feed through to make the higher ups think that it’s still dangerous are all stories of people who tried to run on their own. Some of course are made up, very few people even try these days and if you own the area's police then why would you always need crimes. The gang itself was actually very small made up of people Aldwin could trust, all of them had trained in various techniques and could be sent to do anything at a moment’s notice, occasionally one of them would bring in some outside muscle but very rarely.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]In the last year of his high school as his gang was just beginning to try to lock down control of their area Aldwin finally met his father, although slightly pissed that he hadn't stopped by at any point during his earlier years he understood Loki's reasoning and with the gift of his birth right and the power that came with it, Aldwin was more than happy with the arrangement. After their first meeting Loki came back several times to train him, It was amazing what could be done with Loki's dreamworld the one hour lunch that was put aside became days of practice time both in basic combat and in the divine power that now flowed through his veins. This training also allowed him to consolidate power much more quickly when every window became an open door any of the opponents of his gang quickly fell like flies.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]After he finished high school he instructed his lieutenants to begin training and raising their replacements at the same time he ensured that they got access to the courses that they wanted to study at Glasgow University. Meanwhile he used all the money that he had saved up along with his top grades to go and study a joint honours degree of law and politics at Harvard University. He was there for 6 years studying his degree and while there he mingled with the rich and famous, those people whose parents were currently in or very near positions of power, initially he was looked down on due to his humble origins and background however he managed to build up a small group of extremely loyal friends mostly from similar background and began once again to do what he did before link himself and his friends into everyone's circles gaining a few new people for his inner circle but mainly just finding ammunition while his keen memory ensured that he remembered everyone who he had developed dirt on. After the first year and observing exactly how everyone's parents got to their current position he realised that it was much more valuable to control from the shadows, the occasional message exchange with his father revealed that he shared this belief and was waiting for that revelation to continue his training. At the end of his 6 years the rest of his inner circle had graduated and the ones back in Scotland had already begun to position themselves roughly in the positions that he needed and so for the next year he finished setting up his main network as everyone got into jobs and moved around the world Aldwin ensured that his friends, both high and low where in solid positions where they could provide good intelligence and information back to him. Once everyone was in position he set a ball rolling that was 6 years in the making. It would be slow but he was patient slowly his network could now expand.[/SIZE]

|Divine Information|

Pantheon

Norse

God

Loki

Nature

Rogue

Attributes

1st - Social

2nd - Mental

3rd - Physical

Traits

[Here you mention the three traits in each attribute for your character, but to prevent your character from being too overpowered, you are given a certain amount of points for each attribute to distribute amongst your traits (which can all level up to ten), and one pre-existing point in each trait. Your first priority gets 8 points, your second gets 6, and your third gets 4. Fill them in below (the example is given). For reference, 2 points in a trait is 'average human ability' and 5 points is the human peak.]

Physical

Strength - [**]

Dexterity - [***]

Stamina - [**]

Social

Charisma - [****]

Manipulation - [*****]

Appearance - [**]

Mental

Perception - [**]

Intelligence - [****]

Wits - [***]

Abilities

[There is a provided list of abilities in the Lore subforum that you should read through before choosing which ones you want for your character. You have thirty (30) points to spend on these 24 provided abilities, which will be done in a similar fashion to the traits - write down the abilities you want and how many points you're including for each (maximum of five points per ability).]

Awareness - 4

Academics - 3 

Art - 3

Empathy - 1

Occult - 2

Investigation - 3

Larceny - 4

Political - 3

Stealth - 4

Melee - 1

Integrity - 2

Birthrights

download.jpg

The ring is made out of a jet black metal and when Al uses his Divine purview s the eyes of the snake subtly glow green

Divine Purviews

Darkness

Shadow Step

Shadow Craft

Shadow Bodies

Illusion

Stolen Face

DreamCraft

The Best Trick

Anything else of importance goes here.

Favourite food and why: Ham, Egg, Chips. It's simple and easy to make and is delicious, especially after you've had to eat some horrible posh dish like caviar at some event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignore my comment in the OOC, I did not see that this was complete.

The spelling and grammar bothers me a bit in the back story, but otherwise he looks good. Maybe try putting your paragraphs in word to check on grammar and spelling? That often helps me when I'm writing papers for school.

If @Fezzes has no other qualms with your character, he's accepted.

Ignore my comment in the OOC, I did not see that this was complete.

The spelling and grammar bothers me a bit in the back story, but otherwise he looks good. Maybe try putting your paragraphs in word to check on grammar and spelling? That often helps me when I'm writing papers for school.

If @Fezzes has no other qualms with your character, he's accepted.

Sorry about the spelling. Have run it through Word and so it should be better now.

I'm skeptical of the whole gang thing, them taking over the area while being, what, 17? 18? And I'm not sure what you were talking about with the police. But I get the point that he has a large network of contacts and allies in various places, although mostly in Scotland. Are you Scottish?

I definitely approve of his favourite dish, however. That's delicious. Good taste.

I'm skeptical of the whole gang thing, them taking over the area while being, what, 17? 18? And I'm not sure what you were talking about with the police. But I get the point that he has a large network of contacts and allies in various places, although mostly in Scotland. Are you Scottish?

I definitely approve of his favourite dish, however. That's delicious. Good taste.

The gang thing was designed to be different than most gangs, sorry if I didn't get that across. It's much smaller than most gangs, only consisting of 10 - 20 trusted people and it works by strategically hurting and eliminating the leaders of other gangs and then if more people are needed one of the other members in the gang goes out to recruit them temporarily. 

The gang thing was designed to be different than most gangs, sorry if I didn't get that across. It's much smaller than most gangs, only consisting of 10 - 20 trusted people and it works by strategically hurting and eliminating the leaders of other gangs and then if more people are needed one of the other members in the gang goes out to recruit them temporarily. 

Personally, I don't think that would work in real life. However, you're in luck, because this isn't real life, and I'm not going to argue against it too hard.

Personally, I don't think that would work in real life. However, you're in luck, because this isn't real life, and I'm not going to argue against it too hard.

You do actually realize you're wrong, right? It's not at all difficult to create a gang.

If you're talking about the leader thing, it's not uncommon for gangs to move up in the food chain, especially over six years.

I'm basically saying I doubt that they would've been as successful as described, taking over the area with those tactics and those resources, but I'm not going to kick up anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay

I got a little less than three hrs of sleep. Not happy.

Little less than four, actually, because I fell back asleep and was almost late.

Okay

I got a little less than three hrs of sleep. Not happy.

Little less than four, actually, because I fell back asleep and was almost late.

That... isn't good. Late for what? School?

You get sleep ASAP, you hear me, Missususus? I can and I will put on a pouty face, don't make me.

That... isn't good. Late for what? School?

You get sleep ASAP, you hear me, Missususus? I can and I will put on a pouty face, don't make me.

Bihhhhhhhhhh imma kick yo ass

I'll sleep later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back