Vat or manse?

• Vat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Quchu

One Thousand Club
Ok. If I got things right, an Exalt (or any magical beings?) can change the nature of a demesne by spending lots and lots of motes in it, right?

What happens if an Alchemical does that to a Creation's demesne? Does it become... Alchemical demesne? A Primordial one? Or corresponding to the Alchemical's main material?

And yes, I love the deathbots.

EDIT: Didn't want to make another thread about it. So... would Autochthonians make a vat or a manse out of level 5 demesne?

I could think of fun things a Level 5 Alchemical Hearthstone would do... Heh heh heh... (Insert a silly emoticon here)

EDIT^2: Wait, wait, the poll should belong to another subforum, shouldn't it? Did I screw up?

...>_>.

I would guess so but sense I won't have the reavent book untell next week I can only guess

IIRC, no, there's no such thing as an Alchemical manse.

However, there doesn't need to be, because as you mentioned, Creation's manses already come in the same flavors as Alchemicals themselves.

A manse could, however, be converted into a blacktog-belching Vat complex in Creation.

-S

Stillborn said:
However, there doesn't need to be, because as you mentioned, Creation's manses already come in the same flavors as Alchemicals themselves.
What about Soulsteels and Adamants? Can Abyssal demesnes exist in Creation?

Abyssal manses can't exist outside of Shadowlands.

Adamant Alchemicals are only semi-canonical, and there's no such thing as an Adamant aspected manse.

Personally, I think the only reason the Adamant caste exists is because there was an extra permutation of Attributes left unused.

-S

EM - the 6th caste is hinted and is left as strictly optional in the Alchemical book.

Now that I look at it again, there's a mention of Alchemical-aspected demesnes in Savant and Sorcerer, page 47. It says that Exalts will recognize demesnes of foreign Essence natures such as Abyssal, Infernal or Alchemical manses quickly.

So are Alchemical demesnes/manses as real as Abyssal demesnes/manses?

Well theoretically since the Primordial that governs it exists there is room for it to exist but it is highly unlikely since Alchemicals nearly have no concept of Manse building Geomancy at all the closes they have are God Machine Protocols  and Municipal Charms.

I think that with the Locust War invasion that the Alcies will come across Manses in Creation and be able to figure out that they can be adapted to their own needs.  It would give them a Vat complex to be able to upgrade and change out Charms without having to go back thru the portal.  Dont forget that the Great Maker designed the Alcamedials before making any of the other exalted, so why wouldnt they be able to tap into a Manse?  Seems fine to me.

Vats can be built onto powerful demesnes, yes... But a level 5 Hearthstone should prove itself pretty useful, shouldn't it?

WW should stop mentioning something and never writing about it. Arrgh.

Well they can attune to a Manse no prob which is why they have the optional Background in the first place and probably get the idea of blowing one up and replacing it with a Vat powered by the Demense under it or even use said Demense as a nuclei of a new city but I doubt they'll be able to build an Alchemically aspected Manse since they don't know how in the first place and they'll even be less inclined to build any Manses aspected to anything else given their innate superiority complex.

Please don't completely change the topic of a post after people have started discussing it. Start a new thread.

-S

I would think that the Alchemicals could find a few Demense that Auto had some finger or digit in forming, and find that building a Vat there would be most efficacious. Scrapping a Manse or two to build their own Vats would be in prime order, though a few Alchemicals might learn the trick of attuning to a Manse, to preserve some peace and some stealth when dealing with the Creation, but when they roll across the Creation like a plague of locusts, they'll just transform what they need to what they prefer.

It's just easier for them, in the long run. That is unless they manage to capture some texts from the DB's, or a Sidereal, or a Deathlord who might be looking to trade favors, then you might just see a few Alchemicals looking to eliminate the whole black tog effect, but the price for that conversion might mean changing how they operate in the Creation. Which isn't unheard of with invaders adopting the methods and technology of those they vanquish.

In the end, up the ST to show how the Alchemicals are doing with their invasion. Successful, bright, and adventurous Alchemicals might just start using some of the Creation's own toys against its defenders.  

Nothing says that the Alchemicals HAVE to be hidebound and unimaginative--they have done well with what they've had to work with inside Autocthonia, and now they have other options. It might take some experimentation, some raids on libraries and other Manses to examine their construction, but without the whole black tog effect, they could be cold rolling across the Creation.

Sorry, it was too late when I realized what I was doing...

(Didn't know I could turn a thread into a poll but not backward.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back