Alchemical castes and Exalts

Quchu

One Thousand Club
Ok, I'm a noob and haven't got to read all the posts here. Tell me if this is already talked about.

It's pretty obvious that Orichalcum is Solar beta, Moonsilver Lunar beta, Jade DB beta, Starmetal Sidereal beta, and Soulsteel is... some kind of accident similar to Abyssals, or something.

That takes care of 5 basic Exalt types. Then... what would Infernals and Heroics be? I'm thinking Gremlins and Adamants, respectively.

How does it sound?

I have no idea what you mean by "beta", or what you're asking.

-S

He's asking what the equivalents of various things in Autocthonia to things in Creation are, and seeing as Autocthon created the Exalted shards and so forth theorizing that his own Exalted were the test runs to some extent...or perhaps are the improvements of such, since the Beta stage of something is the second go.

sssssz said:
Ok, I'm a noob and haven't got to read all the posts here. Tell me if this is already talked about.
It's pretty obvious that Orichalcum is Solar beta, Moonsilver Lunar beta, Jade DB beta, Starmetal Sidereal beta, and Soulsteel is... some kind of accident similar to Abyssals, or something.

That takes care of 5 basic Exalt types. Then... what would Infernals and Heroics be? I'm thinking Gremlins and Adamants, respectively.

How does it sound?
I think you're overthinking it.  

The 5-alchemicals are indeed similar to the 5 sorts of Exalts in the game, but they're not betas.  

Solars can learn Perfect defenses, Siderials can generally turn their entire dice pool into successes, Dragons can boost not just themselves but their friends (and use Reflexive Charms like no ones business), and Lunars are much more fluid in apperance than the alchemicals are.  

The Alchemical castes are just good applications of the Magic Material they're made from.  Very good.  But not "other exalt" good.  

-g3

Ok, allow me to contribute to my disturbingly brief post.

I did not mean that Orichalcum Alchemicals are Solars, but I meant that Orichalcum Alchemicals serve the purpose of Solars, be rulers, priests and all. Moonsilver Alchemicals are Orichalcum Alchemicals' martial servants like how Lunars are to Solars. Jade Alchemicals are comrade types who'd stay along with mortals and help and represent them in times. Starmetal Alchemicals are brainy and subtle social manipulators. Soulsteel... well, I don't know how to explain this. Their job sound like what Abyssals would do if they weren't so dead. These five Alchemical castes have jobs (or... something, hopefully you get what I mean) of five basic Exalted types. The book does say that Alchemcal Exalted were made prior to complete Exalts for Autochthon's practice purpose. That's why I called them (Exalt type) Ver. Beta. I believe it's pretty simple and easy to figure this out...

Now to other two supposed Exalt types, Infernal and Heroic Exalts. I know that Gremlins aren't exactly Yozi tainted, but they are tainted by the Void. Both are described as the batshit crazy ones. Also any Exalt type can become Gremlins if they are reckless enough. Sounded like Alchemical equivalent of Infernals to me.

And Heroic Exalts and Adamant Alchemicals... I assumed a lot to make a connection between them. Anyway, Heroic Exalts and Adamant Alchemicals both are not aligned to something more powerful than them (Heroic Exalts serve no god, and Adamant Alchemicals serve no Sodality. I know they are Autochthon's Chosen, so you don't have to yell at me) They are protectors of mortals from other Exalts/Alchemicals' tyranny. And finally, they are not 100% canon.

And, uh, I don't know how to finish. Sorta wishing that someone somehow understand what I was saying and reorganize it in less Engrish and more educated way.

If this post makes no sense at all again, I beg you to ask later because I think I could come up with much organized answer that time.

So, basically, you're trying to force some conclusiveness to a comparison between the Exalted of Creation and the Alchemicals of Autochtonia?

i seem to remember somewhere in one fo the books (fasirly sure it was the Autocthonian hard back) that the Alchemical exalts were the Template he modified to create the Exalts of Creation

but i'd need to double check it

sssssz said:
I did not mean that Orichalcum Alchemicals are Solars, but I meant that Orichalcum Alchemicals serve the purpose of Solars, be rulers, priests and all. Moonsilver Alchemicals are Orichalcum Alchemicals' martial servants like how Lunars are to Solars. Jade Alchemicals are comrade types who'd stay along with mortals and help and represent them in times. Starmetal Alchemicals are brainy and subtle social manipulators.
Yes, in each of these four cases, the purposes of these Exalts as designed matches the purpose of the four types of Creation-based Exalted.  Each Caste of Alchemical of these four DID serve as a "prototype model" for one of the Creation-based Exalts in terms of its purpose, those the Celestial Incarna and Elemental Dragons made a lot of changes, obviously, to differentiate them in terms of power capacity.

sssssz said:
Soulsteel... well, I don't know how to explain this. Their job sound like what Abyssals would do if they weren't so dead.
If the Abyssals "weren't so dead," they'd be Solars.  Unlike the four above, Soulsteels are not related to Abyssals in terms of purpose of design.

sssssz said:
Now to other two supposed Exalt types, Infernal and Heroic Exalts.
Neither of these were designed in the PAST by Autochthon in any way, not even remotely.  Thus they don't really have any "purpose mirror" amongst the Alchemicals.  At this point, you're trying to correlate too far.  Remember, the Heroic Exalted don't even really exist in the setting, they're just a vague suggestion in a possibilities chapter.  Infernals, on the other hand, are just ANY Exalt type that has bonded with a Yozi.

sssssz said:
(Heroic Exalts serve no god, and Adamant Alchemicals serve no Sodality. I know they are Autochthon's Chosen, so you don't have to yell at me)
Adamant Alchemicals DO, however, serve the Subgods.  Thus they are not even really analogous.  

Alchemical Exalts in general also don't necessarily serve Sodalities; they are MADE by the Sodalts, but after that they serve society in general.

Nah, I wasn't trying to say that Alchemicals and Creation Exalts directly match. Just... they seem to have good equivalents of each other...

Anyway, thanks for all the constructive answers people. Now I can move onto something odder... I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back