• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Album art project

Alexandra

The black-eyed cousin
The final brief for my Creative Technology class is to create album art for a fictional band.

This can take the form of cd or vinyl covers, special editions, posters, iTunes art, digital wallpapers, and any combination of the above.

We must meet a list of criteria for techniques; and for the main cover I have focused on vector work and handmade textures overlaying my own photography.

There will be further images inside, but I rather like what I have so far and thought I would share :)

SHINEforweb_zps6b1c6bf5.jpg

I have called the band "The Paper Animals", and am using a crane as their logo.

This is their first album; SHINE.

Looks sweet. I'll give you a ring when I become a rockstar.

This is wonderfully beautiful. Is this an actual band, and do you have a link to it? I write a blog, and if it's good enough, I'll consider writing about you guys.

Alexandra said:
This is wonderfully beautiful. Is this an actual band, and do you have a link to it? I write a blog, and if it's good enough, I'll consider writing about you guys.
You should really consider reading the post before asking questions regarding it :P

Ninva said:
Thanks for the interest....I wish they were real now :(

I will, however, post things here if I end up doing graphic design work for bands, just in case they take your fancy...

I had some logo assignments like this in my old school Actually, and as for quality this is much better than most of what the students there had to show. It's really cool.

ThatSmellyGoblin said:
I had some logo assignments like this in my old school Actually, and as for quality this is much better than most of what the students there had to show. It's really cool.
Thank you.

We're being encouraged to treat all our projects as though they're proper commissions; our tutors are very serious about the end result being polished and well-finished.

I'll stick up some more of the project once I find some people to be my "band", and sit in a park for me...

For those of you who like that kind of thing; here's the mood board I was asked to make and include in my preparatory work...

moodboardforweb_zps24b6d4ce.jpg

As you can see, landscape photography, linework shapes and soft textures are things I enjoy...

The CD labels have been made!

Thing is, I can't choose between them...perhaps I should expand it to be a double-disc collection so I can use both...

shinecdthefirst_zps0fd6effd.jpg

CD the first

shinecdthesecond_zps16644752.jpg

CD the second

Of the two, I like the second one better. Seems more in line with the cover somehow. (Can you tell I'm an art critic in real life...not? :) ) This whole project looks pretty cool!

Millershipper said:
Of the two, I like the second one better. Seems more in line with the cover somehow. (Can you tell I'm an art critic in real life...not? :) ) This whole project looks pretty cool!
Thank's for the input.

I'm inclined to agree about the second one; I usually allow a day or so to pass before making decisions like this as a little time gives some perspective. I still want to see if I can do a double-disc collection...I have the other one so I may as well use it :)

Some preliminary logo work for the Paper Animals.

The more I work on this, the more I wish it was more that a college project...

logo_zpscc019a7a.jpg

Band photography time!

The booklet will include some photographs, and directions to a selection of desktop wallpapers available on the Paper Animals site. Here are three of them; featuring my lovely, tolerant classmates...

wallpaper3_zpsc5eb6bea.jpg

wallpaper1_zpsa1fcb76f.jpg

wallpaper2_zps418b4f23.jpg

The guy on the left decided he was the bassist, and joker of the group :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back