Akoya Simmons (Devious's dude)

Devious Dilbert

Double the D, double the fun.
Akoya Simmons

aofjslgkl.jpg

Identifying features
Standing at 5' 11, and weighing around 175-ish lbs, Akoya is of around a light-average build.

The dimmer the light, the darker the hue of his hair to the eye. He insists that it is actually a very deep brunette that could be- and very easily- mistaken by many as black. He will assure you though- if you happen to mislabel his hair color, that it is in fact a dark, menacing brown. His eyes, less deceitful, are of a lighter shade of the same color. And just like the precious gemstone that he was named after, he possesses pearly white skin.

His distinguishable fashion style is simple and clean and he prefers dull colors such as grey. He believes that people who claim to value functionality over fashion are not real, and so, even he tries his best to dress presentably at the very least.

Home life:
Akoya lives by himself but is rarely ever at his own home actually. Currently, he legally owns his own studio apartment room part of an even larger complex. However, he usually stays at other people's places to cut down his own living costs shamelessly. At times he'll visit his parent's estate, a huge orchard on the southern edge of town that is especially famous for their persimmons; something about the endless field of colorful prismatic trees brings him tranquility, but most of the time, he's just at a friend's.

His relationship with his family is a happy one. Both parents are loving, good folk, and both of his siblings are like best friends. The biggest familial drama at the moment is that he does not wish to work on a farm for the entirety of his life. Although struggling just a bit, Akoya has proven that he is perfectly capable without the help of his family.

"It's not like I'm off to be a full-time plug. the orchard is nice. But that's not going to be my only option."

Personality:
"Here is the only truth that you'll ever need to remember: stupid people exist so that we can be smart."
Hyperboles: Akoya's favorite thing. Well- Favorite may be a bit of an exaggeration. He likes them... a lot. He also uses them... quite frequently.
"I only exaggerate because life isn't one big joke like I want it to be."
Woooh! Got real there for a second, Akoya!

Akoya is generally friendly, and he enjoys company and socializing; establishing and building on friendships is actually a priority of his purely out of the desire to be liked by many and possess a wide pool of friends, acquaintances, and family. Having more people in your life means more people being able to help you out when you need it. A sort of alliance system- is what he sees it as. Though, he genuinely cares about each connection, even if he may use a person just a little every now and then.
"No harm done! As a species, we've only survived off of the aid of each other!"

A desire to be liked does not make him a pushover. While a bit submissive in nature, he does not compromise his own self respect for the admiration of another. A man must have strong allegiance to his own morals, views, and sense of self! Do not bow to anyone! Confidence is key!
"Yes! I concur!"

However! Confidence can be a hard one to hook. Deep down inside, it's what the guy struggles with the most. It's a terrible flaw of his, and always has been. A lack of confidence in oneself can bring out the worst in us, including our cowardice, and it can be hard to function properly and/or productively when plagued with doubt. It is this that can make him miss out on opportunities because of his inclination to retreat and enter a standstill when certain situations arise that intimidate or challenge him. And when this occurs, he constantly must remind himself that 'Confidence is key!' Don't give up!
"Yeah-well... It's true."

In all seriousness, despite his wacky humor and preference for lightheartedness, Akoya is human more than anything else. Certain issues demand serious attention and attitudes. All jokes aside, Akoya is compassionate and empathetic. He is not a risk taker, and on a more somber note, he is unafraid- although reluctant- to admit to his faults, screw ups, and even his most pride-diminishing moments. Acknowledging your faults and admitting to them is the first step to bettering oneself.
"That's mostly right. I'll admit to anything that's true- er- except to things that could get me jailed...?"

Religious views?
There is no god that truly exists- or at least deserves his worship at the moment.
His mentality towards gods or any type of providence tends to fluctuate and shift. A part of him believes that these concepts could actually hold within themselves hazy little tidbits of reality. Another part of him dislikes using the word 'belief' altogether. Perhaps he wants to put faith in gods, myths, legends, and fate, but has been given no factual basis of their existences. Therefore, he claims that he does not, but he is very much interested in them.

"Let's say these gods were real- and none of them were wrong. Which god would I even pick?! It would just come down to a matter of, 'Who do I like better?' ...and that would be a very stupid situation."

Romantic Orientation: Heterosexual

What is your wish?
Akoya simply wishes to know what his true calling is.

What is your Fear?
He fears financial disasters, making drastic mistakes, and never finding a place for himself.

What's most scarce in your life right now?
A sense of direction; purpose.

Midheaven relations?

Mantis Weaver
- Friend/Acquaintance.
Occasionally Akoya will stroll down to the little flower shop where Mantis works. 'The Flower Girl', is what he has dubbed her. The two aren't as close as he would like, but they are on friendly terms.
"She's lovely, that's for sure. And so are discounts. Ahaha- She's never given me any..." @Mollisol

Sunshine Constable- Very close friend.
How many times has he crashed on her couch in just the past couple of years? Too many to remember- too many to where it's become a habit. Definitely too many to where no secret goes unspoken between the two friends.
"It all started back in the Summer of ole 1965-" @Epiphany

Storm Ververs- Passing acquaintances.
The two met briefly as Akoya's parents requested a painting of their estate from the talented artist which now hangs in the center of their living room. Akoya and Storm also live in the same building, but their relationship isn't remarkable at the moment.
"Oh, him? Yeah, I know him. I don't know him- know him, but I know him." @Exanis

Dream Caregiver- Currently reviving a friendship.
The two used to be extremely close- best friends, you could have said. But a few years ago when Akoya was too worried about his image and too afraid to do the right thing, he paid for it in full when Dream ended their friendship. Recently, he's run into her again. What's he gonna do this time?
"Yeah, yeah- Let's just acknowledge that I'm not proud of our history and move on, okay?" Keidivh Keidivh

Midheaven appearance:
AKFJSKF.jpg
(LOLOL ignore the text AHAHAHA)

Constellation:

smoky-quartz-7.jpg

Emotion: Contentment

Weapon description:
spaanse-decoratie-hellebaard-h.jpg
An intricately detailed halberd bestowed upon him at the time of his Midheaven transformations.

Magic:
Think 'ice' but with the hardness of diamonds, without the water, and the frigid tough. Crystals, of varying pastel hues will rapidly raise to his aid able to be mended and sculpted into whatever shape desired. They may also change angles at which they elongate, either growing in a single direction, or perhaps zig-zagging, maybe even branching off. With ease, they may raise from the ground under any desired space, and/or perhaps being. Conveniently, the crystal formations may be utilized as projectiles as well, but the effectiveness of this is dependent solely on Akoya's own accuracy.

The weapon at his disposal can also crystallize, but he is the only one able to withstand its dramatic increase of weight as if nothing had changed at all.

Other:
N/A.

Stars: 0

Emotional Magical Effects:
Your magic can cause extreme effects based on your emotions. If you start as a Midheaven, strike out one of the Despair shifts (indicating that you went through it already) and start with 0 Despair and 0 Hope, or start with 2 Despair and 0 Hope. If you start as a normal person, start off with everything uncrossed and at 0.

Hope: 0/3
Despair: 0/3

Hope Shift:
  • A lucky break gets you closer to your goal.
  • You are able to heal someone else, removing all of their Despair points, healing a serious injury, or removing alterations by a Despair Shift or Great Despair.
  • You have a moment of sincere hope. Remove any Despair points you have.

Despair Shift:
  • You have an outburst that alienates you from others.
  • You have an outburst that injures you or someone else.
  • You permanently acquire another fear or twisted wish. Write it on your CS.

Great Hope:
  • You cause a small miracle to happen.
  • Undo any fears, twisted wishes, or alterations to your body caused by a Despair Shift or Great Despair.
  • Somehow, life in Astrophel gets a little happier and less panicked.

Great Despair:
  • Your body permanently takes on an unnatural aspect related to your constellation, your associated emotion, or something that led up to your Great Despair.
  • Your magic goes out of control, destroying non-magical things in the immediate area.
  • A Nadir wrenches itself from your body, with characteristics and a human target based on what led up to your Great Despair.

Last edited:
Personality

(To be revealed.)

(AHAHAHAH- I find it extremely difficult to put a personality into words. Especially so for this character for a reason I don't exactly know or understand. If this is not allowed, I am willing to push myself to get my shit together.)

Normally I'd say "please do it; I can't just let you skip a section", except this is exactly what I was afraid would happen to someone or other if I just used the word "Personality" instead of what I used to do (a series of questions or a writing prompt).

I still can't let you skip the section, but I will let you format/express it differently if that will help you put it into words. You can do some sort of short writing that shows who he is, you can divide it into parts of the personality, you can make questions about him to answer, or any other way that will help you.

Normally I'd say "please do it; I can't just let you skip a section", except this is exactly what I was afraid would happen to someone or other if I just used the word "Personality" instead of what I used to do (a series of questions or a writing prompt).

I still can't let you skip the section, but I will let you format/express it differently if that will help you put it into words. You can do some sort of short writing that shows who he is, you can divide it into parts of the personality, you can make questions about him to answer, or any other way that will help you.

I'll get on it. This part might actually take me a few days though LOLOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back