I hate it, I didnt want them to tell me anything about her real location. But oh well, I just made up my own for my game.

And, like the DB lover I am, in my chronicle, the Empress might be a rather nasty person, but she was the only person who could keep the realm together. She's more of a corrupted evil heroine than she is some sort of yozi-monster essence gurgling empress.

And, in the DB hardsplat in the Mnemon story and the empress story, as well as the Aspect-book Earth, its heavily hinted that the Empress was kidnapped. Look at the picture of her and the Ebon Dragon, that isnt a Yozi-empress who's willingly marrying him, nor does he speak like it. Instead, he's trying to break her down.

Mnemon knows of the preparations from the demon, and she knows the fate of her mother = things can be done about it.

So spin it that way.  Me, I'm going to Empress as Descending Gently Into Her Own Corruption, but that's me.  I'm a bastard, remember.  

Your own results may vary, due to the amount of chronic hope that you seem to be displaying...

Zaramis said:
I hate it, I didnt want them to tell me anything about her real location. But oh well, I just made up my own for my game.
And, like the DB lover I am, in my chronicle, the Empress might be a rather nasty person, but she was the only person who could keep the realm together. She's more of a corrupted evil heroine than she is some sort of yozi-monster essence gurgling empress.

And, in the DB hardsplat in the Mnemon story and the empress story, as well as the Aspect-book Earth, its heavily hinted that the Empress was kidnapped. Look at the picture of her and the Ebon Dragon, that isnt a Yozi-empress who's willingly marrying him, nor does he speak like it. Instead, he's trying to break her down.

Mnemon knows of the preparations from the demon, and she knows the fate of her mother = things can be done about it.
Actually, we came up with an alternate fate for her a long while back. The Mice of the Sun ^_^ I love those little things. And the CotW book says why haven't they risen up against the Terrestrials to slay them for harming the Sun's children? Our reasoning, the Empress was atoning for them, she debased herself to a beggar, to be kicked around and beaten in all the great cities of Creation, basically at the whim of the mice, to atone for her people's ways. It was actually quite a touching moment the way our ST played her out.

Hmm...that sounds awfully like a version of what the Immaculate Order claims the Empress is currently doing.

We have an Immaculate apologist in our midst! Send out the Solar strike teams immediately! Terminate, with extreme prejudice!

Im not the person with hope, here. You all seem to believe that the SOLARS are the heroes of some kind here, which they obviously aren't.

The grade of heroism is judged on their great curse..

Solars - Goes apeshit.

Sidereals - Goes hubris.

Dragon Bloods.. - Goes slightly mad when they reach.. ZERO willpower. How often does that happen?

Aka, the DB's are most suited to rule creation :P

You're forgetting their predilection toward extremes. No, nothing as bad as the Solars, but give them a few millenia of undisputed rule, and they might go batshit as well.

Or, the Empress could simply return, bind most of those with her blood to the Yozis, and take the DBs merrily down the primrose path to Malfeas.

Where they will hug puppies and play with kittens and eat candy forever and ever without ever getting sick because they're Exalted! Yaaaay!!

And remember, too, the frolicking in grassy meadows under a shiny happy Ligier, holding hands and singing.

Zaramis said:
Im not the person with hope, here. You all seem to believe that the SOLARS are the heroes of some kind here, which they obviously aren't.
The grade of heroism is judged on their great curse..

Solars - Goes apeshit.

Sidereals - Goes hubris.

Dragon Bloods.. - Goes slightly mad when they reach.. ZERO willpower. How often does that happen?

Aka, the DB's are most suited to rule creation :P
*blink, blink* Hmm, aren't they the ones who...oh, I dunno, let Creation get so weak and decadent (your DBs) that the Fae trounced the damn thing, and by sheer LUCK the Empress got to the defense grid?

Actually, the Faeries got their chance from the Contagion and the massive deaths of millions of people, and the Contagion was released by a Deathlord using the Well of Udr. Nothing about my Dragonbloods, in the end :P

Gah! I'd rather not. The Lunars alone would be bad, but Solars used to invite Third Circle demons...*shudder*

The Dragon Bloods are just jealous that they can't hope to Summon some of the highest grade Lust Demons is all...

They's just stewing in their sour grape mash...

Stoopid Solars. All, Hey, I'm back from the Jade Prison, let's party and stuff.  

Like, what they'd ever do that was all that great?  We had to fight the Primordials too, only we didn't get to have all the great toys.  
We had to fight all the lesser critters, while the Solars got all the glory.  Bastards.  We'll show them.  We'll have our own kingdom, and it's going to rock.  We'll get to stay up all night long, and we'll keep a keg right there in the living room, man.  In the freaking living room! And we'll get some black lights and glow sticks. It's going to rock...

Yeah, the Solars, they just suck...

Jukashi said:
Where they will hug puppies and play with kittens and eat candy forever and ever without ever getting sick because they're Exalted! Yaaaay!!
I think rather they will eat puppies and kittens and play with candy forever and ever and not get sick, because that's what they already are being Exalted! Wheeee!

Back on the Age subject though, I'm often curious if that one of the DBs (who isn't the Empress) ever reached the Age to make it to 8 Essence. Surely there had to be a few. Now, I know that the book states that only most reach Essence 7 in their lifetimes, but with a longer lifespan (through whichever means) and a strict diet and regimen of rites and what not, they can do it.

One of them who seemingly strikes me as one who could, would be the Earth Aspect at the end of the book, the grand master Immaculate they're trying to initiate into Siderial Martial Arts. His Essence is changing, turning him to something different.

Sounds like something suitably epic--a DB so advanced that his Essence crystallizes itself into a Terrestrial Shard...or has a lot of help for that to happen.

Wouldn't that put the cat among the pigeons--the Dragon-Blooded Princes of the Earth can become Anathema!  8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back