• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern After The War: A Post-Apocalyptic RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The radio caught Riley by surprise, having forgotten she had it. In the process of scrambling to grab it from the desk and answer quickly she knocked the notebook she had been writing in off of the desk and onto the ground. "Ah shit." She grumbled, deciding with a sigh she'd pick it up in a moment.
"Wyatt, right? Yeah, he made it here fine, but uh-" She paused for a minute, starting to wonder if her asking him to stay would get him in some sort of trouble with that boss of his. "It's a bit too dangerous for him to try and go back tonight, so I kinda asked him to stay here." Riley just prayed they would understand the risk and not give Walker any trouble for it. "I hope that's okay." She added, biting her lip in worry as she glanced over at Walker.
"I didn't even think- You're not going to be in any trouble for staying the night, right?" She asked Walker, anxiously biting at the dead skin on her lower lip.

Cross raised an eyebrow. "A sleepover huh? Don't see the problem with that. Just glad to know he's ok. Yall have a good night." Cross chuckled to himself, looks like walkers boyish charms are working their magic. "Well good luck buddy, looks like he's one for those political relationships." But hey, that was Walker's buisness. He was now well out of the showers and went off to his small room, originally a cubicle, or a computer room of some kind, but it suited him fine. He sat at the provided desk reading from the Costcos supply of books, satisfied with the day thus far.

"Nah I'll be alright staying here. If anything come of it I'll just pass it off as a trust building exercise with our new partner group" Walker said with a laugh. For a split second he remembered all those stupid trust building games he and his classmates had played in school. He then picked Riley's notebook up and handed it back to her

“Thank you,” Riley took the notebook from Walker, quickly stuffing it into the top drawer of her desk and locking it shut with a key. After that she retrieved the aforementioned bourbon bottle and stuffed it into backpack.
“Shall we?” She nodded to the pack she had just thrown over her shoulder before making her way out from under he bridge. She avoided Viv, not wanting to have to explain herself, and also realizing she really shouldn’t have to.

Wiley walks back to his tent, he was going to speak to Riley, but after realizing she was busy decided to leave. He counted each step he took towards the tent, then once he got to the tent he stopped and did not enter. He took out a piece of paper and wrote a quick note, saying that he would be out, but would be back again in a while and put it inside of his tent, in visible view.

He grabbed his bag, and then started a fast pace out of the small camp, and didn’t look back until he reached a building that still looked rather stable and put together. He entered the building and looked around, attempting to figure out what this building used to be. The sign outside was decimated,
but the buildings inside looked like a bar. He went behind the counter and grabbed a dusty glass and a bottle of wine.

He found a rag and wiped off the glass and set it down on the counter. He didn’t like to partake in drinking, but he supposed that many of his morals were gone. He poured some wine into the glass and then took a sip of it. The wine wasn’t the most high quality, but Wiley was glad to taste something so familiar. He went back behind the counter and looked for more alchohol to bring back to the camp, while the wine bottle was nearly empty, there could be more.

He looked and found that the other drinks had shattered or were empty. He downed the rest of his glass and walked out of the old bar. He started walking aimlessly, trying to find any other building still stable. He stopped and heard a noise from inside a building, he turned around quickly and walked slowly to the door. There was no other noise coming from the house, but in his gut Wiley knew someone was in there.

He opened the door to find a man standing tall, he looked at the man and spoke, “Gary, is that you”

The man looked up and Wiley instantly recognized him, “Gary, it is you!”

Wiley stepped forward towards Gary, but Gary stayed silent. He reached out his hand towards him and nothing happened, he didn’t react at all. Gary started screaming maniacally, and Wiley jumped in surprise, “Gary are you alright?”

Gary charged at Wiley, a knife in hand. He shoved Wiley into the wall and started walking slowly towards him, growling.

“Gary, you don’t have to do this” Wiley begged.

Wiley began to reach for his bag, and gripped the thing at the bottom of it.

“Gary, please put down the knife”

Wiley pulled back on the lever on the top ignored it.

“Please”

Gary rushed forward at him, knife in hand.

BANG

Wiley began to cry.

Walker got up and followed behind Riley. On the way he picked up his bag and placed his hat back on his head. As he followed her looked around for any of the other refugees but didn't see anyone. He was a tad bit curious about the notebook that she had so he decided to ask about it. "Whats up with that little notebook you were writing in?"

Riley
"Nothing." Was Riley's only answer, suddenly tight lipped. "Just a notebook. Doctor stuff."
Instead of giving more than a vague answer he just continued on, leading him to a nearby ridge. Camp was still in view behind them, but Riley didn't turn to look at it. Instead she sat down on top of a rather large rock, setting her backpack beside her and pulling out the bottle of bourbon along with a bottle opener. Popping the top off she passed it over to Walker. "Here, you take the first sip."
She studied him for a few moments, before asking him another question. "You said I could call you Tex earlier, do you like that name better than Walker? I'm just curious."

Walker drank down some of the bourbon and thought for a second. "I don't really care what people call me to be honest. I reckon I came up with Tex cause its a good stereo type name for people to call a big fucker like me from Texas." He laughed, took another sip of the drink and passed it back to Riley. "What made you want to be a doctor?" He asked.

Riley nodded as he answered, chuckling a bit at his answer. Accepting the bottle and taking a sip she thought for a moment about his question. "My aunt died in a car wreck when I was little. Pretty brutal. The wreck itself didn't kill her necessarily, but she sat in the emergency room for hours without being seen by a doctor. By the time one finally made time to come and see her she'd bled out internally. I just wanted to be better than the people running that emergency room, kept thinking she could have been saved. Still think she could've."
"My uncle married Viv's mother some years later. I was about ten or so at the time." She took another sip, then passed it back to Walker. "I'm glad I decided to be one now. I've kept a lot of people from dying. Wish I could have done more for some of them though."

Viv
The turkish woman jumped with a start at the sound of a bang. At first it just startled it, but then she got scared. Someone was in trouble, and a few people were missing from camp. If it was one of their own she had to do something, and so Viv broke out into a sprint. She followed where the sound had come from and to a building, her makeshift spear in hand. Peering in she saw the man in a suit clutching a revolver, and stopped dead in her tracks. "What's going on? Did that man attack you?"

Last edited:
"Sometimes it goes that way. Shit happens and you just gotta keep moving on. I ain't got no one else left in this world, I keep going for myself. Plan was to find someone to settle down with amd work til I could by some land of my own and run my own cattle and horse farm. Then bombs blew that plan to hell" Walker said with a somber tone. He repositioned himself then took a swig of the drink. "I ain't dying yet anyways, I still got a couple hundred of them mutated bug bastards to put down." Walker laughed. "Its like knocking ducks out of the air when I was young. My dad used to take me hunting every chance we got." He passed the bottle back to Riley. "He and my mother passed about a year before the bombs fell, thank god they didnt have to live through this shit."

WIley mindlessly nodded, he spoke quietly “Dammit Gary”
He turned towards Viv, “That was Gary, a man I knew before shit went down.”

Wiley looked at the man, he put his fingers on him and spoke a quick prayer for him. He looked at Viv, “He attacked me out of nowhere, I couldn’t convince me to put the knife down, I had to shoot him” Wiley said shakily

“Oh god, I killed Gary” he spoke wildly

Wiley slumped against the wall and tried not to sob.

Riley
Riley smiled at the bug comment, brightening up the somber mood she had accidentally created. "Yeah, shit happens." She agreed, taking a good long sip before saying quietly. "My parents died when the bombs fell. Found their bodies in the rubble of their house a few days later. I'm... not sure how to feel about it. We didn't have the best relationship."
"You know," She spoke up again after another moment had passed, and the bottle had been passed back to Walker. "Nothing's stopping you from having your own farm. Technically the land is free now? I mean, no one can really charge you for it anymore. Find someone you like and get a herd of... Two headed cattle? Fuck, man, you got all kinds of unique animals to farm now."

Viv
"Hey, hey," Viv threw her tree trimmer to the ground as she knelt down beside him. "Calm down. Listen to me okay?"
She reached over to his face and wiped a few of the tears away before placing a hand on his shoulder. "You did what you could, it was going to be him or you. It's gonna be okay." Viv didn't really know what to do but she couldn't just let him cry, at least not without some kind of friendly comfort. "Shit happens, okay? Are you alright? Do you want to go back to camp? I can carry you if you don't feel like walking. We can sit down and talk, or just have a drink and a bite to eat and not say anything. Whatever you want to do."

"Now wouldn't that be a sight to see." Walker said laughing. "I'll just go saddle up my 6 legged horse while I'm at it and go hunt down hogsquatch in my free time" Walker drank some more of the bourbon "You know, if bigfoot didn't exists before them bombs fell I bet his ass does now." He looked out across the landscape then back at Riley "Lord only knows how big a damn spider could be now" he said with a grin.

Riley
Walker's joking provoked some hearty laughter from Riley, barely having the breath to say "Hey, wanna go hunting for mutant bigfoot?"
"Shit, I hope I don't have to treat any bites from those spiders. That'd be a pain in the ass for sure." Riley turned her gaze to the sky for a moment, remarking on it. "Maybe the bombs fucked up some animals really good but hey, it's a lot easier to see the stars now. Couldn't see them back in San Fran before the bombs, too many city lights." She let out a soft sigh, before turning to meet his gaze. "Pretty, aren't they?"

"Yup, bout the only thing that looks the same from before. Out on the ranch we had a pretty good view of the night sky" Walker replied. He then looked into her blue eyes for a second before looking back out at the sky. "This is the first normal conversation I've had in a long time" Walker said.

Riley
"Me too." Riley's words were softer now, more content. "It's nice, talking like normal people."
She didn't know what else to say at that point just handed the bottle back to him. While quietly looking at the stars she leaned to rest her head on Walker's shoulder. She wanted to say something more, but didn't really have the words to say whatever it was. It felt like it was on the tip of her tongue, but just wasn't coming to her. Instead she merely asked "Can we call this," She gestured to signify the two of them "A date? Hm, can't really remember how long ago it was before I had a normal life with dates. It's been, what, a few years since the bombs? Hard to tell what time even is anymore."

"Sure, if thats what you want." Walker replied with a chuckle. "If someone would have told me this is what I'd be doing tonight I probably would have laughed and walked away." He sat in silence for a minute. "You know, theres supposed to be an old top secret military base out in the desert a little ways from here. I think I might try and go there sometime to see if anything worth while is still there"

Riley
“Well, count me in. But only to patch you up when you get hurt from doing something stupid. And also because I want to watch it happen.” She laughed, but not for long. “Might be some useful stuff there though. If we can find a microscope then the only thing left on my shopping list is a horse.” She was partly joking, but having a horse would be helpful. “Too bad we haven’t seen many of those, could stand to have something with an immune system like that around. For antivenom.”

Roger trekked through the desert. Quite near the interstate bridge but a tad nervous approaching it. The man had kept to himself after the war well besides of Muffin, but she never talked back. The bear sniffed the ground, breathing heavily plodding beside of him. She towered over him, by balancing on her hind legs. Roger gave her a pat on the tummy. The bear chuffed, and leaned down to give him a lick. "Well, now or never" he said. Gesturing for the bear to follow him. The pack strapped to his back was of simple design, it contained a bit of dried strips of jerky, a bottle of water, a handful of poker chips, outside a rifle was holstered. The nervousness mostly came from the safety the bridge could provide. It was covered, and easily defendable, but that also meant there might be some competition for it. Oh well they'd probably be reluctant to start a fight with a guy who had a gun, and a bear to back him up. Although Muffin was far from what Roger considered vicious.

He patted Muffin as they walked. "Now remember if there are people we're going to be nice and talk. And you're going to be a good girl" he said. The bear huffed in response. Sniffing the air, and shaking her shaggy fur. Roger made his way under the bridge. Him, and Muffin split up exploring different areas, but still staying within earshot of each other. Well he didn't see anyone, but there were signs of people. Nothing dangerous like mutants, or stored weapons. He whistled for Muffin. The bear bellowed showing she was okay. So far so good.

Walkered laughed as she started talking about the scientifics of everything. "Now you're going strait over my head, and if we're talking literaly thats saying something. But it sounds like a plan. I can kill all the bugs and carry everything, and you can make sure I make it back. Hell maybe there will be a vehicle I can get running. That would make everything a hell of a lot easier. Plus we could bring back more goodies."

“I can try explaining again when we haven’t just polished off a bottle of bourbon and I can remember English.” She laughed, turning the empty bottle upside down. “It sounds like a good plan though, we might not find government secrets or aliens but there’s gotta be some science lab things I can use. If we do find an alien I will go ahead and call dibs on naming it.”
“Hey, you said I could call this a date. If I can call this a date then can I say I got a kiss later?” Was his face a little red or was it the alcohol, or the dark? Was her face red? It certainly felt hot. Riley just hoped she wasn’t blushing like some schoolgirl.

Wiley stares at Viv, “I’m fine, but I’ll take you up on the offer of talking about it I guess”

Wiley stares at the body of Gary for a few moments contemplating what he has commited, it was against his religion to kill, but then again, the world had changed. He hoped he could be forgiven for what he had done.

“He and I used to be friends of sorts, he supported me when I became priest of my church, we became pretty good friends, I tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn’t listen” Wiley said solemnly

He stared ahead, “I think I’d like to go back to the camp and rest, but I’ll take a rain check on the discussion”

"Haha, what was the one you planted on my cheek earlier not enough?" Walker said. "And you can name the alien as long as he doesn't shoot me first. If I start seeing green shit fly over my head that alien's days are numbered." He said smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back