• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern After The War: A Post-Apocalyptic RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Walker

Walker decieded to search the bodies for any clue or intel on who the people were or where they came from. It was obvious that they had run into Lu and had presumably killed him. He searched the first man taking his m16, the ammunition and other helpfull items, he then moved on to the woman and did the same. When he reached the third man he soon figured out that he was still alive.

Cross
Holstering his automatic, he started walking up to the humvee. It looked like Walker had made it to the humvee, where the youngest of the three fell, and appeared to be still alive. He was breathing strange, and he was shot in the shoulder, and it took Cross several seconds, after kicking away his gun, why that was. Walker had shot his collar bone, and while it broke that bone, the bullet was going slow enough to ricochet into the poor fucker's right lung. He was dead, more than dead, and he didnt even know it. "You guys fucked up. Any more of your merry band coming along the road, going to haul off in a poorly planned shootout and get killed?" The man, barely more than 18 gurgled, then died. "I'll be taking that as a no then." Cross bent down and grabbed his m4, passing it to Walker, continuing to look in the humvee.

Walker

Walker took the m4 from Cross and slung it over his shoulder. He went to the trunk of the humvee and unlatched it. He opened it up and once he saw what was in the back his eyes got wide. "These fuckers were rolling around like fort knox" Walker said scanning over the crates of weapons and ammunition.

Riley
At the sound of another gunshot Riley scurried over to the trio now, finding Roger, Walker, and Wyatt all standing over several dead bodies. The sight of them made the doctor's stomach twist and churn into knots, but she resolved not to let it show. "Roger, I have a favor to ask." Riley's lips were pressed into a fine line as she turned to the man. "I just pulled a bullet out of Viv, can I ask you to take over watch for the time being? I'll be back soon and we can sort things out a little better then, if you and Muffin would just watch over things until then."
With that Riley carefully gave the bodies a wide berth as she made her way to Wyatt. "I'm ready to go when you are. Are you coming too?"
Of course, as Riley asked this question the radios on both Walker and Wyatt's hips buzzed with the sound of a woman's voice, presumably their boss. "Did you get everything wrapped up there or not? I need both of you back here with that doctor asap." It said, and Riley couldn't help but puzzle over who the woman could be. Was she intimidating? Tall and bulky like Viv, or maybe more average looking? She'd find out soon enough though, once this meeting got underway. Riley just hoped they could reach an amicable agreement, Viv had shared some private thoughts about this group's motives and if she was right then this might be tricky.

"Sure thing miss" said Roger. Giving her a salute. The grizzly shook her shaggy head. Sitting down. And panting. Watching the woman go over, and speak to the male. She grunted, and went to find a comfortable spot to lay in the shadier spots where the harshest sunlight of the day wouldn't bother her. Roger decided to pull out his gun, and took out the clip. Making sure the inside wasn't blocked by any sort of dust. "Is your friend doing well. Looked like she took a bullet" he asked. Before she could leave.

Riley
"She'll be fine." The woman offered him a small smile, not wanting to worry anyone unnecessarily. "I had to pull out some shrapnel but nothing major. In a few days time she should be fully recovered. I wouldn't worry, Viv is a tough one. Takes more than a bullet to stop her." Despite the reassurance she offered him, Riley herself felt more conscious of the conditions they lived in more than ever. Infection could take someone overnight if they didn't keep a vigilant watch and treat it immediately. She knew she wouldn't be sleeping much tonight, as someone would have to check on Viv's injury once every hour or so. Not to mention time was funny without a watch, an hour could feel like nothing or an infinity without any way of keeping time. Maybe she'd see if she could find one somewhere, but Viv's injury still took precedence in her mind. She had to be back quickly to watch over her.

Cross
The dead men said nothing so Cross thought nothing. stripping the man of his plates and replacing his own, which now had a hole in it from a few months before. He left the rest to Walker and the others from the group, and picked up the radio to respond to Roux. "Got a little caught up with some small fish in a big pond. game rolling up in a Humvee. Weapons. Leaving soon with some of the loot, and ill use this Humvee to bring the doctor." Taking the keys from the dead man's pocket he looked to Riley, "Let's get on getting on, we arent getting any younger. Walker grab the stuff we're leaving here and lets go. Doc, on me."

Last edited:
Riley
"Right-" The pink haired woman followed along behind Cross, her mouth pressed into a fine line. "What does that last part mean? I'm not sure I understood that bit." Part of her wanted to make a joke, but didn't quite think she should. Seeing Cross take the keys Riley climbed into what she assumed to be the passenger seat. She'd never been in a military vehicle before, in fact she was more used to riding in Viv's yellow mini-cooper. For such a large and tall woman she had driven an awfully tiny care before the war, and that tiny car looked vastly different from the one she was in now. Were there even seatbelts? Of course there were, and she chastised herself for thinking otherwise. It just all seemed so foreign.
"How far is it? Your base, I mean. And what's your boss like?" She asked Cross once he climbed into the driver's seat.

Cross
He hopped into the Humvee, looking at Riley quizzically. "It just means follow me. And the base isn't far. Just a few miles, you'll see. oh, and Roux? She's uh... somewhat intimidating. And uh, gifted." he leaned across from Riley to open the glove box. Four cans on grizzly wintergreen fell out. Cross stared, Humvee idling, waiting for Walker to notice.

Riley
"Gifted? What do you mean by that?" It was an odd thing to say without any explanation. Regardless, Riley didn't feel too good about meeting this woman. It was nerve wracking and unsettling to say the least. She wondered if she had any bargaining power in this meeting at all, seeing as this group was surely better supplied than them. The antidote though was sure to be a bargaining chip, and she intended on not giving it up so easily without any fair terms.
"Is that dip?" Riley asked, seeing the cans tumble from the glove box with a wrinkled nose.

Walker

Walker closed the trunk of the humvee and mounted up. The vehicle didn't have an M2 mounted to the top like most did, but Walker still climbed up and stood through the hatch. He wanted to be ready incase anything happened on the way back. He heard Cross and Riley going through the interior of the vehicle, and thus heard something roll around followed by Riley "Is that dip?" Walker immediately popped his head back down into the vehicle. "I'll take that" he said claiming the find.

The expanse of the desert seemed to know no end, stretching forward and backward without ceasing. It would have been maddening without the comfort of constant movement or company, but Odette was fortunate enough to have found both in one. The four of the survivors fit well within Duke’s custom vehicle, outfitted with shielding and weaponry that could withstand the onslaught of bullets or the Mojave desert’s weather as evidenced by dented, bullet hole but still sturdy reinforcements. Cushioned within the interior seats, dressed in an oversized white shawl kindly gifted to her by Seth to protect her porcelain skin from the heat, it was easier to appreciate the desert scenery from behind the vehicle’s open window – the distant silhouettes of distant rocky structures, the desert flora and the general emptiness didn’t seem as intimidating as they did when she was on her own.

The company wasn’t too bad either. Odette got along best with Seth, the pair of them able to form a bond through conversation of literature and nostalgic reminiscing of the old days – meanwhile, Cain and Duke were a pair of tougher nuts to crack, both of which who had no problem sitting in silence for hours but neither of them were entirely unfriendly…just a bit more on the brooding side. Odette considered herself lucky to have found them at all. Or, rather to have been found. She had been a nomad for so long, wandering the wasteland in a dreamy daze until Duke – a figure with the lower portion of his face draped over by a royal blue scarf and eyes hidden behind dusty lens of a mechanic’s goggles, he had first seemed like no more than a desert mirage – had helped her off her bare, cracked and bleeding feet and into his daunting vehicle.

Within his company (and later, Seth’s and even later, Cain’s), Odette awoke from her stupor, a nomadic without purpose or agency, without anything to drive her to survive. The trust Duke had exhibited in her was inspiring, even if the implications of danger made her uneasy. At first, Odette had been aghast upon being told of the weapons had been stashed within comfortable reach of the driver, normally hidden from the naked eye but Duke had informed her of the hidden guns, just in case… “That’s a lot of guns,” She had murmured, unsure of what else to say. “It’s not enough. Most are just for show,” Had been Duke’s response.

While Odette, Seth and Cain cycled between the passenger side and the backseats, Duke remained the sole occupant of driver’s seat. He had “kindly” informed them that the vehicle was equipped with a dead man’s switch, just in case either of them or anyone else tried to kill him for the wheel. While that had been about a month or so ago, he still showed no signs of eventually entrusting them with his car, but Odette was beginning to suspect that it was out of sentiment rather than distrust. She had asked him about it one night when she had reclined across the roof of the vehicle in question to better admire the starry desert night and while she hadn’t expected much of answer, Duke had surprised by (rather timidly) admitting that the vehicle had a name: Black Seraph.

That was the last conversation they had before their run-in with the bandits. Bandits were normally little more than a nuisance – that is, until they started disguising themselves as injured people in need of help. It was Odette’s fault, she had insisted they stop, just to see if they couldn’t help and while Duke normally ignored all instructions of altruism, he had listened to her this one time. And possibly the last. They were ambushed almost immediately, coming out of the woodworks once Odette had reached the supposedly injured man who in turn pulled a knife on her.

Seth took the worst of the injuries, his abdomen jabbed with a dagger somewhere in the scuffle. Odette stayed by his side when they were back in the Black Seraph, cradling his head in her lap and keeping one hand pressed to the wound to stabilize the bleeding. Cain had patched up the wound to the best of his ability, but they were low on the necessary supplies. Odette could see a sickly pale color setting into his skin as she rested a hand across his face. “He’s getting worse,” There was a hysterical note in her voice, terrified at the thought of losing her friend and terrified that it might be her fault. “He needs help. We need help.” The others didn’t exactly look much better; Duke was struggling to keep his eyes on the road as blood trickled down from a wound in his forehead and fell into his sight, mingling with the blood that fell from his nose while Cain’s normally clean face was spattered with blood.

There’s nothing for miles,” Duke stated, his voice harsher than usual.

Last edited:
Cross
"You rube, gimme one. Can't always have a cigar. Anyway, I just meant she is gifted to hold us knuckleheads together. No idea how she ever sleeps, or when. As she always wears these glasses, even indoors. All that, and she has some rockin' tits. And if you think of telling her I said that, you're wasting your time. She knows what I think." He took a look at the can he was able to wrench from Walker, packing down the dip and cracking the can open, catching a smell of the purest wintergreen. Snapping it closed and putting it in his back pocket. Going along the road, purposely rolling over a can that appeared to be filled with about two sand hornets. Snickering softly he saw that the Costco was coming up around the block. "Here it is. Home sweet home."

Riley
"I'm totally gonna tell her." Riley blurted out, with a schoolgirl's mischievous innocence. The laughter was short lived for only a moment before Riley saw it, a souped up scrap car that almost looked like a death machine off in the distance somewhere off to the right of the building, still in what they called wasteland territory and away from the crumbling town. "Please tell me you see that." She turned to her companions, looking concerned. "Something seems off about that- we can't risk another fight right now. What should we do?" The pink haired woman chewed at the dead skin on her lower lip in worry. Something seemed wrong, there was no obvious gunner and a dubious amount of threat despite it's appearance. The driving had been somewhat sporadic, almost panicked, enough to make her wonder if there was some sort of situation going down. "Something's wrong. Are they in trouble?"

Walker

Walker turned to look at the vehicle Riley pointed out. He immediately checked the chamber of the m4 he was holding, then flipped the safety off. "Whoever they are, if they try anything they're gonna get a bunch of 5.56 thrown at 'em" Walker said turning to face the rear of the Humvee.

Buildings up ahead,” Cain contradicted the driver’s last statement, pointing to outline the distant buildings that grew clearer as the Black Seraph approached, the vehicle slowing once the Duke realized the wasteland wasn’t as barren as he thought. “Something else, too. Military truck from the looks of it,” Cain warned after careful recognition. A cloud of uncertainty inhabited the interior of the Black Seraph, the situation suddenly direr than before with the potential of hostiles on the horizon and the lack of means to deal with them. “Maybe they have supplies to spare,” Cain added as an afterthought, but it was clear even he didn’t buy into his own attempt at optimism.

No mames - Because trusting strangers went so well the last time we tried it?” Duke’s bruised and bloodied knuckles tightened around the steering wheel in a show of agitation. There was nothing he wanted more than to keep driving, to steer clear of anymore interactions even if it meant driving for days for the next opportunity to scavenge for supplies but he couldn’t be sure whether the people up ahead would take kindly to them passing through the town and it was likely the strangers had already spotted the pitch-black vehicle against the backdrop of the desert. If the Black Seraph took any more hits without a break, then they might as well be dead already.

This time we need help,” Odette said in earnest, leaning forward in the backseat to catch a glimpse of the vehicle in question. As endlessly hopeful as she was, the military truck up ahead didn’t exactly seem friendly, but it would be the best shot they’ve had for days and she chose to hope for the best despite her doubts. “You still with us?” She turned back to Seth, brushing a few stray strands of hair from his paled face as she observed his worsening state with a worried, green gaze. With a mere glance at Seth, Odette was reminded of what she was fighting for and how much she was willing to risk if only for one more day.

Starting to wish I wasn’t,” Seth admitted, then noticed the quiet look of sadness on Odette’s bruised face. “Hey, I’m going to be fine, alright? We’re going to be fine,” He sat upright, the movement strained and cautious with the injury making itself known through sharp shocks of pain but Seth stayed up to offer Odette a tentative smile, gently touching her shoulder in reassurance. The moment of comfort was more so for Odette's sake than his own, Seth was admittedly not as optimistic of his odds as much as he wanted to be.

Duke grabbed a pair of guns hidden within the driver’s reach, tossing one into Cain’s lap and keeping one in his own bloodied hand. Maybe they couldn’t help meeting strangers, but Duke sure as hell wasn’t going to make the same mistake of meeting up with said strangers unarmed. “Stay close,” He instructed both Cain and Odette - the Black Seraph still had a few tricks up her sleeve just in case the situation went south. “You stay here,” Duke added to Seth as he finally slowed his vehicle down before making a full stop at the edge of the town. After a moment of hesitation, Duke switched the Black Seraph off.

Don’t have much of a choice there,” Seth said, sighing heavily but sharing the final smile that Odette gave him before the woman dressed in white reluctantly opened the passenger’s door and hopped out. Odette climbed out of the Black Seraph first, her bare knees scraped and bleeding and the only real wound she had attained from the earlier fight was a still bleeding cut on her cheekbone but even that was superficial. She raised her arms, trying to flag down the Humvee as the two men exited the Black Seraph behind her. The woman even stood on her toes, doing all she could to catch the strangers’ attention from where she stood, quietly praying that they wouldn't shoot on sight.

Walker

Walker watched as the woman and two men exited the black vehicle. "Cross, I'm gonna go see what these fellas want, watch my ass in case shit goes south." He said as he climbed back down into the humvee. Before exiting he pulled the radio off his belt to tell Roux "Roux, its Walker. Cross and I just got back with the doc, but we got a situation. There is a black car parked up the road and some people just jumped out. I'm gonna go make contact while Cross watched my back from the vehicle. If you can get up to the roof I'd appreciate some extra cover." With somewhat of a plan in place Walker got out of the humvee and straightened his hat. He double checked his M4, slung his shotgun across his back and started making his way towards the strangers.

Roux
"Gotcha. Don't take long though," The woman warned, making her way to her sniper net on the roof. In a moment she had spotted the vehicle in question, lined it up in her sights. "Wouldn't want to waste my time would you?" Roux moved to have the two men in her sights, then the woman. Roux never trusted looks when it came to who was and wasn't a threat. She'd just have to watch all three. "They're in my sights. Look alright, move in slow. Let them come to you, the further you are the harder it'll be to retrieve your corpse if this turns out to be a fuck-train of bad luck."

Hello!” Odette called out upon seeing Walker climb out of the Humvee to meet them, a tentative greeting supplemented with a sweet smile for the stranger. She peered at Walker, unsure what to make of him - the shotgun strapped to his back spurred a sense of unease, but Odette reminded herself that her own friends hadn’t exited the vehicle unarmed either. It was simply for protection, she told herself. “We just rolled in here from the wastelands, hoping to scavenge for some medical supplies – we’re in a bad way, but one of our friends is even worse. He might not make it if we don’t patch it up soon…Cain here is a doctor –

Med student,” Cain abruptly interjected with the correction.

So, if you have any supplies to spare, we can get out of your hair sooner. Anything will help. We can work out a trade or maybe…oh! Do you take those poker chip things around here?” Odette suddenly scrambled for the few kept in the back pocket of her white lace shorts, though she had much more stashed back in the Black Seraph if needed; a collection she had started simply because she had thought the colorful chips cute until she had learned some placed used it as currency. Admittedly, she wasn’t quite sure how said currency worked nor whether the mismatched set of chips held any value to these strangers, but Odette figured it was worth a shot. Bringing out the handful of poker chips, Odette felt obligated to step forward to give Walker a better glimpse of the chips but didn’t want to risk the approach seem like a threatening gesture. Not to mention, Duke had advised they stay close to the Black Seraph and Odette now felt more compelled to listen to him ever since their last encounter with a stranger. Seeing the chips in her hand, the skin of which was stained with the blood of a wound still bleeding somewhere in the back of the Black Seraph and now staining the poker chips, Odette was reminded of Seth and the others wounded by her own misplaced trust. Her hand trembled for only a second or so before she steeled her nerves, comforting herself with Seth's earlier words of everything turning out fine.

I’m Odette, by the way,” She said, suddenly remembering she hadn’t properly introduced herself. “This is Cain and Duke. And our other friend back in the car is Seth,” Odette gestured to her respective companions in hopes of introducing some semblance of familiarity that might ease the tension.

Walker

"Pleasure to meet you Odette, I'm Walker." He said stopping midway between the two vehicles. "We should be able to help you patch up your buddy, but as always nobody works for free. If y'all will pull up beside our humvee up yonder well get y'all inside and your buddy looked after." He said pointing back up the road. "I will have to ask you to hand over your weapons before you go in, or at least leave them in your vehicle if that makes you feel better. I know how uneasy that can make someone feel, I've been there, but I'm sure you could understand the reasoning behind it. Just let me tell my boss what's up and we can get you inside." Walker grabbed the radio to call Roux "They're just looking for some medical stuff to patch up one of their crew. I told them that I'd bring them in and see what kind of deal we can work out. I made sure they knew to leave their weapons outside." He said.

Roux
"I don't recall giving my permission. I also don't recall us just letting outsiders in at random, just because we trust that they aren't armed." The redhead grit her teeth, not happy with the amount of bad luck going around today. "If you have to then bring them in, but search them. Even the wounded, you can't trust anyone. Sinclaire will deal with prices and getting them their supplies.." She had already begun to make her way back to the meeting room, and once she was there Roux waited arms crossed for the group to show for the meeting. Sinclaire would have to deal with the strangers and make sure it was worth her time and supplies. Medical supplies didn't exactly grow on trees, after all. Roux just hoped they were properly searched before being left with Sinclaire. He wasn't trained to fight, she'd tried but all he did was stand there and shake like some stupid lap dog. He just wasn't cut out for it, and so Roux just had to hope they wouldn't try anything.

Underneath the dirt and dried blood, Odette’s face brightened up with a genuine smile as she felt a weight be lifted off her heart at the sound of agreement. “Thank you!” It was as Odette couldn’t get the words of gratitude out fast enough, the sentence shaky at the seams as she nearly cut off Walker in her eagerness to thank him. She turned to glance at the pair over her shoulders, though they failed to show the same excitement – Duke maintaining a brooding expression while Cain’s mouth seemed to have been pulled up by hooks attached to the edges, an attempt at returning Odette’s hopefulness but his face tic betrayed him if his forged smile hadn’t. Back in the Black Seraph, Odette excitedly recalled the meeting to Seth while Duke pulled the vehicle out of the wastelands and down the town’s road to the Costco where the strangers’ have made their settlement in. Duke had ensured the others had stripped themselves off all weapons despite his misgivings at going in there unarmed, but he’d rather have the weaponry safely stashed in the Black Seraph then confiscated and never seen again.

Duke, help me walk Seth in,” Odette said, raising her voice in order to talk over Seth’s insistence that he could walk just fine on his own as the group climbed out of the Black Seraph once more, this time within the town's perimeters. Despite the fact that Seth easily towered over Odette’s thin, petite figure, she seemed adamant on gluing herself to his side as though she stood a chance of providing a sturdy lean-to if his feet failed him.

Actually, I’ll hang back with the car and you know, just all our weapons and belongings.”

Duke –

Look, just get Seth all patched up, so we can get back on the road,” Duke seated himself in the driver’s side, facing the outside with the car door stretched wide open to wait out this whole ordeal. The notion of walking into a building, unarmed and surrounded by strangers was both dangerous and unnerving, but this was the best he could to do to ensure it didn’t all go to shit in one fell swoop. Odette seemed ready to argue, disliking the both idea of splitting up and the idea of hitting the road after finding new faces that weren’t interested in robbing them (at least not yet, anyway), but Cain stepped in to help escort Seth inside. Although initially crestfallen at Duke being left behind, Odette was then distracted by the Costco structure, an old world building that was so common and ordinary but now seemed like a safe haven from the barren wastelands even in it’s aging state.

Cross
The small one, supporting a much bigger man than her, went into the Costco. Probably to be met by Sinclair, so hopefully they are truly harmless. Because if not, God help them because Roux would salt the earth if they did something to that boy.
Pulling up behind them, Cross only got out and motioned for the others to follow when they were entering the Costco, with one hand on his automatic as he closed the door to the Humvee. Cross stepped forward through the door closely behind the newcomers, looking around the entrance area waiting for Sinclair to show himself.

Walker

Walker walked in ahead of the strangers. He waited until Riley and Cross entered after them. "Hey Cross, let Roux know I'll be with yall as soon as I get these people on their way. Walker then turned back to the Odette and her friends. "I trust that y'all left any weapons in your vehicle, but my boss did order me to search you once you got inside just to be sure. Once that is out of the way I can take you to talk with our supply guy and hopefully get your buddy patched up." Walker said.

Last edited:
Sinclaire
The brunette hurried to the front, hastily pushing his glasses back on his nose once he got there. "I'm told we're making a spur of the moment trade?" He asked, his lisp present as ever. With pursed lips he looked the newcomers up and down before shrugging. "Alright, I guess. If the boss says so, then we'll do it. Wyatt, Walker, you might wanna take that doctor to the meeting room. She's in a nasty mood, I wouldn't keep her waiting anymore." The journalist, now supply keeper, made a sort of gesture in the direction of meeting room as he shot a look of warning to the two men. Sinclaire certainly didn't like when she was in a bad mood, and while Wyatt might think prodding at her while she was upset was funny, he did not think it was that great. Sinclaire, unfortunately, knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of her anger, thus the missing tooth.
He then turned to the group of strangers, lips pursed as he stared them down. "You need medical supplies, is that right? Tell me what you need and we can work out a deal."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back