• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy After Ragnarok: The Gods Reborn | IC Thread

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
OOC Thread
Character Sheet Thread
IC Thread | You are here.
~~~~~
In 1943 something unexpected happened that caused the world to halt in shock. The gods and their domains returned to earth to finish a war that had been raging for 40 years. This war would halt the war that was currently in full swing across the world at the time. This was because everyone was frozen in shock as the gods changed the political and geographical landscape of the world.

The world changed completely in the coming years, with a small republic forming between Northern France and North Germany, where once The Netherlands and Belgium stood. This was called The Free Westphalian States, and was a land of might and magic, with two of the three rifts created by the gods with in it's borders.

As well, magic has become commonplace.

Last edited:
start of the RP
Annabelle Jones~

Annabelle sighed softly as she slowly looked around the corner of the busy street she found herself on. She smiled softly to herself, lifting up her bag once again as she turned to head towards the Adventurer's Guild office that was near the town she found herself in. The town itself was just inside the Free Westphalian States borders, and this meant that Adventurers from there were the ones they'd call for when ever something was going wrong. Which, lately had been often. She, along with a few other, including the legendary Fenris, had been dispatched to the town after several reports of kobolds had been received by the Central Office in the capital of the FWS.

It was her first job that didn't require her to jump through a Rift. Either a man-made one, or one of the three larger Rifts that were made by the now dead gods. This made her excited, as shed' have familiar surroundings. But what made her more excited was the legendary Fenris was there as well.

~~~~~~~~

Fenris Fenrir~

Fenris shook her head softly as she sat at the Adventurer's Guild Office in the small town of Löck, she sat in a way that showed she was annoyed. Something that she was on a usual basis lately. She had been called to the town a few weeks prior due to the Central Office receiving several reports of Kobolds in the area, which was an area they tended to not be. This meant that they had to send out a scouter, to see if it was a legitimate issue. And she was the only one at the Central Office at the time. There weren't that many kobolds, and so Fenris had told them that she could handle them on her own. Around a thousand gathering was something she'd seen before and she knew she could handle it. But, the fact that they were coming in from small rifts that dotted the country side, made the Central Office worried, so they were sending backup. Something that annoyed Fenris.

Last edited:
Steffen Verren-

Steffen walked down the streets of Löck heading towards the adventure's guild. Apparently the town was getting ready to be infested with Kolbolds, nasty little creeps. He wasn't one of the people assigned to the mission by the guild but he figured they could use the help... plus he had his own reasons for being here. Stopping in front of the windows of a shop he saw his reflection staring back at him. To everyone else they merely saw the emotionless face of your standard looking twenty something year old, in fact the only difference between his appearance and a normal humans was his red eyes. Of course that is what he wanted others to see because the only person who Steffen would allow to see his real self was himself and the person he was about to kill.

Turning away from the window he turned around and went off to towards the guild hall. Once there he would offer his service to the mission group, than the fun could begin.

Fenris Fenrir~

Fenris sighed softly as she looked on from her seat near the edge of the bar in the Guild Office. Taking a large gulp of the drink she had she watched the younger Adventurers gather, many seeking the glory that hunting Kobold packs would bring them, especially if they were gathering on Earth because something was pushing them out of their original homes. She looked around once again, before sanding up. "Thank you for the drink." She said softly, before placing some money on the counter, before grabbing her pack, and the simple spear that she carried with her at all times. It was then that she spied Steffen, a fellow Adventurer that she was familiar with. Though the two had only but crossed paths in the Central branch, she was aware of his track record. And that was enough to get her approval.

"The rest of the group is not here yet." She said softly as she stood over him, watching him now, silently.

Dante Verren Dante Verren

Steffen Verren-

Steffen looked around at the excited and nervous faces of the many adventures preparing themselves for the fight ahead. They couldn't wait to get started and to kill as many Kolbolds as they could to try and gain fame and glory, what a foolish idea. Battle was not made for glory, battle was not made to earn fame. Battle and war are merely breeding grounds of violence and chaos, that was the true beauty of it. That was why he was here, to once more experience the beauty of slaughter and the chaos before the storm. His red eyes dully began to analyze more that just the other adventures faces, instead he began to look for any obvious weakness's as part of his brain ran through the many ways he could destroy them if they got in his way of delivering justice to the monsters who disrupted the normal order of the town.

As he was making his observations he heard a semi-familiar voice to the side of his seat. Looking up towards the voice he realized that the mighty Fenris was standing next to him looking down at him. "Greetings, Fenris. I have to say I am surprised to see you here. The situation at HQ must be pretty bad to send one of their best on a mop up mission like this." As he spoke his eyes began to look her over just like they had done to every other adventure in the room. Fenris was an experienced adventure and one of great power, that meant it was much harder to find any weakness's.
ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar

Fenris Fenrir~

Fenris laughed softly at Steffen's word. "It's not that much of a surprise to see me here." She said softly, as she looked out at the rest of the Guild Office, the few younger Adventurers near them looking up in awe at Fenris. "The people here? They heard the same report that made the Central Office send out a Scouter to see if the reports are true." She added softly, chuckling a bit as she sat down at the table beside Steffen, a wave of her hand casting aside someone who had approached them, looking for an autograph. "It so happens that Scouter was me. It also so happens that the reports are true. There's about a thousand kobolds gathering in and around the iron mine just outside this village. More are coming threw the several small rifts dotting the countryside. As we speak." Fenris added, sighing softly once again as she slowly shook her head. The idea of at least a thousand kobolds being in the area didn't please her. For one, they'd need some sort of mage to seal those rifts to prevent more kobolds from coming to their world. Especially if her theory that something was forcing them to enter their world through the rifts was true. That something might want to come through as well.

Steffen Verren-

"A thousand Kolbolds huh?"
he said as he looked up at the ceiling. A devilish smile momentarily flashed across his face before returning to normal. "Guess I was right to come here after all." Turning his gaze back to the people in the tavern he noticed that he was now sitting in the center of attention. Here he was sitting next to and having a conversation with the famous Fenris where most people were turned away from getting anywhere near her. There glares of envy made sense, after all he wasn't a very well known adventure. Only those at HQ knew him by name or reputation and even fewer could actually recognize him by appearance. "It's like they are trying to kill me with glares alone" he murmured. "So whats the plan? Full out extermination? Massacre them all? Take no prisoners?" he asked as he turned his attention away from the crowd and back to the woman sitting next to him.

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar

Ciel Greystone
anime-boy-white-hair-hoodie-smiling-necklace-gray-eyes-anime-4983.gif

Humming the funeral song under his breath Ciel stepped into the Guild Office overflowing with those seeking riches and fame. He was always thankful of the fact that he was not among their rank's. It seemed to make the human race stupider then they normally were. As it was Ciel wasn't here for the money or to make his name known. He was here to feel alive. Pure and simple.
Looking around the crowded room and over zealous expressions worn by many he could almost taste the death in the air. Ready to consume any who was stupid or foolish enough to fall in its path. Luckily for him, he seems to have a talent for avoiding its path. If only narrowly at times. It was why he kept working on such missions. The thrilling knowledge that he stood next to death each time and could be victorious over it or might one day linger to close to long. Though death was not a scary concept for he. In fact he very much looked forward to dying once he was thoroughly bored of this world. The next great adventure had always called to him after all.
He blinked as he spotted a few familiar faces garnering some attention. He recognized them from either jobs in the past or just from crossing their paths. Deciding to do something productive until show time he wandered closer. "You lot seem rather popular with this crowd. I don't know if they want to kill you or be you. "
Dante Verren Dante Verren ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar

Fenris Fenrir~

Fenris nodded softly at him as she continued looking around. "Yes. A thousand Kobolds, probably more at this point." she said softly, shaking her head once again as she listened to Steffen's rambling. She nodded softly as she too noticed the stares they were getting. "It's what happens when you become popular." she added, shaking her head once again as she stood up, grabbing her spear once again. "For now, I have more scouting to do, to get some sort of exact number. Once that done, I'll have a report to fill out. We make our move at first light tomorrow." She said, turning to look at him, before nodding softly as Ciel stood in front of her now. She blinked softly as she listened to him. "It's most likely a mix of both." She said softly, as she watched him.

Dante Verren Dante Verren General_warNpeace General_warNpeace

Steffen Verren-

"Being popular sounds terrible"
he responded to Fenris's statement. Turning at the sound of the new voice he looked to see a grey haired man in a black jacket talking to him. He didn't look like anything special but Fenris actually spoke to him without telling him to go away which meant he wasn't a normal adventure. Still Steffen didn't recognize him. Well more accurately he felt like he should but his brain just wouldn't make any connections. Deciding to give up on searching for a name he instead glanced up at the older adventure. "Good luck on your scouting. Just don't take to long, After all there is an army of pest that need extermination."

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar General_warNpeace General_warNpeace

Ciel Greystone
"So it would seem. Better watch your back then if your taking part in the slaughter. "
Ciel advised smiling as though he wasn't talking about murder. He knew his advice was a needless pleasantry though, Fenrir wouldn't have survived thus far if she wasn't careful. It's what had garnered Ciel's respect for her. He didn't respect many after all. "If they envy you and want to be you they might take the first opportunity to kill you. Especially, while high on blood lust." He blinked smile widening as his head tilted to the right a little. "I know I would. "
"Luckily for us both,"
He continued as he slipped past her and sat down into her vacant seat without losing a beat. Leaning back he looked up at her as he crossed his legs and got comfortable. " I have little desire for anything killing you may offer me and no desire to meet my maker quiet yet. So you have no enemy in me. I can't say the same for anyone else here though."
Leaning his head back he eyed the man Fenrir had been sitting with, silently dismissing the woman though he wouldn't turn his full attention from her until she left. He wasn't stupid after all. But he could multitask. The man was one that Ciel had yet to meet but seemed familiar. He also seemed on good terms with Fenrir if his farewell to her was any indication. How surprising. His language in regards to the mission also caught his attention. So little disregard for the creatures or their lives, interesting. He lazily pointed at him. "I know your face, but I can't fathom your name. Care to inform me? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."
Dante Verren Dante Verren ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar

Fenris Fenrir~

Fenris laughed softly at Ciel's words, as she waved a hand in good bye as she moved to leave the Guild Office. "They wouldn't be the first to try and kill me." She said softly, as she looked back at them, as another walked into the Office. A young girl this time, though Fenris didn't recognize her. "And they won't be the last." she added, before turning to leave the Office, to continue her job as a scouter. She smiled softly, as her spear softly vibrated a bit, as if it wanted to return to it's proper owner. As if it had a mind of it's own. "Oh, you want to return to Odin, don't you little one?" She said softly, chuckling as if it amused her. "Well to bad... he, along with the other gods died almost a hundred years ago." She said softly, before looking out towards a rift that was close to the town.

Annabelle Jones~

Annabelle looked a bit shocked as she stood face to face with Fenris as the other was leaving the Office. She blinked softly as she noticed the woman was leaving. After stepping aside, to let the older woman pass by, she blinked softly again as she watched leave, looking down at her spear that she always carried, mumbling something to herself. Anna sighed softly, mostly in despair, having hoped to finally meet and talk with the enigmatic woman that everyone seemed to either want to be, or want to kill. She didn't understand how someone like her could become so famous, despite people only knowing her for a few months. Not even a year had gone by since Fenris first appeared at the Central Office.

Dante Verren Dante Verren General_warNpeace General_warNpeace

Steffen Verren-

Steffen looked over at the man as he sat down in Fenris's spot and made himself comfortable. This guy certainly confidant, of course to much confidence could be seen as arrogance. With Fenris walking away most of the burning glares disappeared and he sighed lightly. "I believe it is common manners to introduce yourself first but I guess I will go first. My name is Steffen Verren, and as you can guess I am an adventurer here to join in the fight against the Kolbolds. Who might you be?"
General_warNpeace General_warNpeace

Ceil Greystone
"Steffen Verren. " Ciel repeated as he matched it to the face. "Well, Steffen Verren my name is Ciel Greystone. I'm a fellow adventurer here for the same reason as you. " He smiled benignly as he added on. "Well, mostly the same reason. "
"Tell me how is it you came to be in Fenrir's company? It is a hard thing to accomplish normally. She seems to like her privacy."
Ciel asked. He wasn't really that curious about the company Fenrir kept but was trying to keep the conversation going. Otherwise he would be left needing to find something else to entertain himself with until the mission began.

Steffen Verren-

Steffen nodded in acknowledgement as Ciel gave his name, Ciel greystone, the name sounded familiar. He must have heard it around HQ a few times but never had paid to much attention to it. When he asked about Fenris Steffen shrugged. "I wouldn't say I am in her company, I have just met her a few times at HQ. I would like to think it was my remarkable charm and looks that caused her to single me out of the crowed but more likely than not I must have looked like the least annoying person in the tavern." he said as he went back to watching the different people in the tavern.
General_warNpeace General_warNpeace

Ciel Greystone
Steffan's comment made Ciel laugh. It was probably true, Fenrir's seemed the type to do something like that. "Probably." Seeing Steffan's attention drift away Ciel stood and headed for the counter. He could use something to drink as he hasn't really rested since this morning. Taking a seat at the counter he claimed his drink and turned his attention to the rest of the tavern. His mind began deducing who will likely die to night and those who have a chance to live as he watched them.

Fenris Fenrir~

Fenris sighed softly as she marched out of the town, watching closely to anyone who approached. She then slowly returned to the small outpost that she had called home for the past month. She looked around it as she opened the door to the one roomed shack, as she moved to look at the table. "Now then..." She said softly, as she looked over the map that was laid out on the table. "Why are so many gathering..." She said softly as she looked over the map, red x's scattered across it marking where each of the locations she saw a small rift to be. "There hasn't been a gathering of Kobolds like this since..."

"Since the Dawn of Man." A voice said from behind her, as a young man materialized out of the shadows. This was the man simply known as 'The Watcher.' He smiled softly as she almost glided across the floor to the map, looking over it as well. "You've been working avidly this past three years, haven't you Fenrir." He said softly, a smile on his face.

"I'm simply fulfilling my end of our bargain." Fenris said softly, a glare in her eyes as she almost growled at him. "You brought me back, so now I'm cleaning up your mess." She added, her eyes flashing golden for a split second, as she turned to look back at the map. "What's worrying me more is the Rifts... Only the gods, or a great mage, should have the ability to make this many... I need to get to the other side of one. Find out what's happening there."

Annabelle Jones~

Annabelle sighed softly as she finished watching Fenris leaving the small town. She sighed, shaking her head slowly so that she could turn to head into the Guild Office. It was then that she over heard a couple of men talking about Fenris. It was common for people to talk about Fenris, as she'd become a high ranking adventurer after only being one for 6 months. Anna sighed softly as she sat at the counter, looking around a bit. She was one of the Adventurer's officially assigned to the mission by the Central Office, so she hoped that would mean that Fenris would be forced to interact with her. She was hoping to ask about Fenris' past. Something that no one knew about.

IMG_1836.JPG
Ziel let out a cold sigh as she walked through a rift. stepping out the other side she came to one of the kobolds clearings. One stupidly turning around and thinking Ziel was an enemy it charged her but got no more than two feet before it stopped eyes open as it let out a couple gasps before dropping dead to the floor. "Filthy little bugs." Ziel said to herself as some of the others looked to her then away. "Your leaders lucky they had something I wanted badly or I would have never even thought of saying yes." She said quietly as she made her way through the mobs.

It didn't take long till she got to the other side of the mob. Smirking as she stared down the distant town they had amassed out of. Smirking devilishly she spoke to herself. "Hmmmm wonder what trouble I can get into before my job starts." She said before she suddenly whipped her arms out to her sides and a portal opened and she floated through. The other end opening in an empty alley of the village as she stepped through. Smirking once more as she looked around before her body started to glow and change. Soon turning into her hidden fork with her usual red and black attire on and the demonic mask hanging on her hip. Running a hand through her now blonde hair she then pulled the hood up over her head and stepped into the bustling streets the portal quickly disappearing as she made her way towards the adventurers guild.

It only took her a couple minuets before she got to the guild tavern. Looking at it she smirked a little and then entered the building. Acting casual as can be she made her way for the bar. Eyeing two mages that were a distance away to see if they showed any signs of sensing her true self. After they showed no signs she let out a small sigh and then geasrured ti the bar tender. "A drink please." She said softly while taking a look around the tavern

Annabelle Jones~

Anna sighed softly as she continued to look around the Office, shuffling a bit nervously as looked around. Despite this being a routine mission on paper, there seemed to be a large gathering of Adventurers in the area at the time. Shuffling a bit, trying to avoid confrontation, she found herself being forced to sit near Ziel. "I hope you don't mind me sitting here ma'am." she said a bit nervously, a soft smile on her face as the bartender handed Ziel her drink. "There's no where else to sit, and I'm waiting on info for a mission." she added, giving her a soft chuckle.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Ziel was caught a little off guard when a girl sat by her side but quickly remembered she wasn't in her true form. Smiling in the girls direction she spoke in a soft smooth tone. "Of course you can sit. I'm not waiting on anyone." She said to the girl as she looked her over. "What mission do you speak of?" She asked in a curious tone hopping to gain information on there plans for the koblods. She didn't actually care weather the adventurers succeeded or not, if anything she would gladly join them in the slaughter of those vile things if she wasn't already on a job. But sadly she couldn't though knowing there plan would suffice for her and maybe she could even sell the information to the kolbods leader for something else she wanted.
ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar r

Annabelle Jones~

Anna smiled softly at the woman, as she nodded slowly. "Well, there's an official mission from the Central branch to deal with the Kobolds in the area." She said softly, smiling a bit softly at the woman. "They sent out Fenris Fenrir to check the validity of the reports coming from the area." She said a bit excited, smiling even more. "I don't know what her assessment of the situation is, but the fact that they called for Adventurer's to gather, and that she's still here... It must mean something, right?" She then asked, before blinking softly. "Are you not an Adventurer ma'am? I figured that everyone here would at least know the situation..." She said, mostly mumbling her words as she spoke.

Fenris Fenrir~

Fenris sighed once again, as she slowly shook her head as she sat in the only chair at the outpost, over looking the fire as The Watcher looked over the many maps that she had gathered. They stood in silence like this for a few more moments, as he looked over the maps. "Have you found out anything yet?" She then asked, finally speaking up. "Are these Kobolds involved in your mess?"

"They might be."
The Watcher said softly, as he looked over the maps once again, before holding up a vial of sand, that seemed to glow blue. "This is the sand you gathered from around the rifts. See how it glows?" He said, holding it up to the fire, making it glow a brighter hue of blue. "It's ilumin. A crystal I haven't seen in ages... Not since The Veil came up protecting each of the Realms from each other..."

Maverick Lucian
Maverick stood leaning against a tree watching as a mass of adventurers gathered. His blood red eyes scanned the individuals around him. He had know there was a mission being released to the lot. He didn't know any of the individuals here, which was good for his cover. He needed to get inside to find out some information, maby he could eavesdrop on conversations. He could find out some useful information in the guild tavern. He closed a book he was reading stuffing it into his pocket. He proceeded to make his way towards the building. It took him a minute to arrive, but he mad it without drawing to much attention to himself. Given his necrotic aura people tended to feel drained in close quarters with him. He found a place towards the wall halfway in the tavern. Leaning against the wall he pulled out his book appearing to read it. Meanwhile he listened intently to the conversations around him.

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar , Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving , Dante Verren Dante Verren

Last edited:
Ziel smirked a little at the name of fenrir. "Ahhhh so she's here." She said non chalantly as she sat back in her seat. Taking a swig of the drink placed in front of her. Noticing a guy not far off that was listening into people's conversation she smirked. Her eyes suddly flashing a tinge of demonic orange the book he was pretending to read quickly became covered in red runes before the pages rapidly started to flip through the book as it shook violently in his hands. Ziel playing it cool as looked to the girl she was sitting next to
Lord Anubis Lord Anubis ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar

Annabelle Jones~

Anna nodded slowly, as she sighed. "Well, she WAS here" she said a bit sadly, before sighing once again, resting her head onto the bar counter, her arms beneath her head. "She was leaving as I came in, so I don't get a chance to talk to her, which is sad, as I was hoping I could. She hasn't been an Adventurer for long... but she's become so famous." She said softly, blushing a bit as did, before sitting up again, as she looked around. "Well, when ever it is that she gets back, if she comes back... I hope I'll be able to at least talk to her..."

Annabelle Jones~

Anna nodded slowly, as she sighed. "Well, she WAS here" she said a bit sadly, before sighing once again, resting her head onto the bar counter, her arms beneath her head. "She was leaving as I came in, so I don't get a chance to talk to her, which is sad, as I was hoping I could. She hasn't been an Adventurer for long... but she's become so famous." She said softly, blushing a bit as did, before sitting up again, as she looked around. "Well, when ever it is that she gets back, if she comes back... I hope I'll be able to at least talk to her..."

"Ohhh... so she isn't here no more hmm?" She asked softly as she looked to the girl and leaned closer to her. "Wanna go find her?" She asked the girl smirking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back